Search found 158 matches

Return

Re: R8 - WWT Eagles v Sturt @ Woodville

I thought the Eagles dominated the first 3 quarters and should have been up a little more than they were. The last quarter was totally Sturt everywhere except on the score board. I can not recall the Eagles in the Sturt back 50 area. The Eagles defense played good wet weather footy. It is their strong point this year. Thompson, Rakiwasi and Goldy have added to the defense. Wunke showed just how deadly he can be with the opportunities he had.
Crowd according to Advertiser 2830. Must have all been under cover.
A slight negative was the clash of the 2 blue jumpers. The Eagle had their special commemorative jumper with white shorts.
by goddy11
Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham Oval (Mon 8/6)

I don't think it's fair comment on the south ground. I am most impressed by the continuous upgrades at the ground. It would be one of the best grounds spectator wise about. The camber would not be anymore severe than football park.
by goddy11
Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Eagles v Adelaide @ M T Hyunda Oval (Sat 20/6)

Ramrod wrote:Very little discussion about this game. I didn't see it but I would've thought if West Torrens are as good as a lot of you say wouldn't they have kicked Adelaide off the park? Overrated football side, with one very overrated player!!

You really are the Pride of the Parade.
by goddy11
Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

Thought the game was even. We just had a bit more talent when needed and a coaching move in the 3rd quarter of bobby into the forward lines proved a winner. I will never underestimate the Dogs even when their results are not as previous seasons. They are a great club. Was chatting to a few doggy supporter in the cricket club. Great ambassadors to your club.
by goddy11
Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol

This is a great result for the comp. We need a more competitive SANFL to bring the crowds back.
by goddy11
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I have not thought about it much until this week. This season is a farce. Each team has a bye which I thought would disappear. 18 games! why not just back to the old days where we played a staggered minor round, 22 games. There's no value for the season ticket. Why does the SANF allow games at Alberton make them equal to the Crows. Let the local clubs have a second home game. The admin of the SANFL is destroying its own comp.
by goddy11
Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem

I rolled up on Sunday expecting a good game despite the Eagles poor performance the week before. The Eagles first half was very good. They matched the Crows all over the field in general play but as mentioned before, over did the handball. The ratio should have been reversed. They need to fix this up asap.
My first thoughts of when the teams lined up was the massive size of the Crows compared to the Eagles players. The Eagles defense was undersized and yet performed well. In the second half the fitness and size were he major contributing factor. The Crows captain Carey impressed me. He's a big unit and looks like he could play a higher level. Westies will be ruing the loss of Jono Beech. I'm sure he will get an AFL game .

The free for the Eagles were because of the fierce tackling, one of the real positives Godden has instilled. One thing about the against frees is whether they include the frees for out of bounds. This has cost the Eagle in all their matches this year where they do not hit the player and the ball just goes out untouched. The frees for and against ratio would look worse if you take these out.
by goddy11
Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

I wonder if the State government which is quite willing to throw in $50k to help PAP with a 3 minute fireworks show is willing to match that with helping a genuine football club in need.
by goddy11
Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 - Glenelg v Norwood @ Glenelg Sunday

We should never have been in a position for an umpire to decide a match.
But the last two bullshit frees to Rioli sadly highlight the standard of umpiring in the SANFL.
I'm devastated by the result, but I might be more devastated by my realisation the SANFL is dying.

That's the worst crowd number I've ever been a part of. Somehow the numbers will be fudged to save the SANFL from total embarrassment but the 938 at Noarlunga puts this crowd to shame. 800 if lucky.
Norwood's front running fans given up and Glenelg supporters knowing their club is on death's door not bothering to turn up.
Sad situation all round.

A bit harsh. Arctic weather, live TV and lots of AFL on TV. Why would anyone come out. I must say the free at the end was harsh considering the condition. Even if the free was there, the good umpires have a feel for the game at crucial times. No one would have complained with a ball up.
by goddy11
Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R18 - Who Cares Cup @ Alberton Sunday

Wedgie wrote:
southee wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Smallest crowd I've ever seen at Alberton.

Sobers is saying it is a good sized crowd in today........ :roll:

Gary? :lol:

Sir Gary to you
by goddy11
Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this is a dodgey poll. you can vote as many times as you like.
by goddy11
Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

The AFL girls will get paid more than most SANFL players for 7 games.
by goddy11
Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its a sad state of affairs what is happening at the SANFL. The management of the SANFL that once owned the AFL teams is now a rubber stamp for them. Once local players drafted went back to play for the local clubs and their salaries were carried by the AFL teams. Now as rookies, they move to the AFL teams free of charge. These players in reality will not play much if any AFL but will play against their local clubs. The Port Magpies are totally an AFL side but through some wheeling and dealing do not pay a fee to the SANFL but enjoy all the benefits. Our SANFL pays for under 18 and under 16 state coaches that develop player for the AFL. Our club pay out of their own pockets to develop players and supply various levels of competition only for the players to leave for peanuts to the AFL. Our State government bank rolls the PAP and sponsors the academies but what does it do to help the local league and country leagues.
The AFL throws buckets of money into the Vic U18s as well as GWS and the Suns but very little into grass roots. Until the PAP, the AFC and AFL take more Fiscal responsibility this thread will never end.
You mean how port forgo their voting rights, and share of AAMI stadium being sold fund?

Let alone how no one would be interested in televising the SANFL if it wasn't for the reserve sides.

Sounds like you're all for AFLSA, I know I am.
Are you saying PAP was entitled to voting and a share of AAMI ?
Doesn't the SANFL pay channel 7 to televise local football.

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/rowey-bicks/port-adelaide-fans-should-be-on-their-knees-says-graham-cornes
by goddy11
Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Pity he was not Butchers goal kicking coach.
by goddy11
Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First 6 Rounds 2017 Leaked

Not happy the Anzac day match at Unley and it also should be a TV match. I know it clashes with the AFL but so does playing at Unley. I would have preferred AO. Have we bent to the powers that be or finances ? The SANFL requires tradition and an add on to celebrate the day and respect the people that go into the city.
Was it played at AO in 2016 Goddy?

Yeah it was and barely attracted 3000 fans.

I don't think the crowd size is important. The 2 grand finalists should play at AO regardless on Anzac day .
The cricket people play Sheffield Shield there with a couple of hundred patrons with no complaints .
by goddy11
Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Predictions for SANFL Premiers

I still have faith in Godden. We still have quality reserves to fill the holes left by retiring and players that have left.

Eagles
Magpies
Sturt
Centrals
Norwood

South
Crows
West
North
Glenelg
by goddy11
Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

The soccer people have got it together a lot better than the SANFL. They have 2 community stations do a broadcast of each weeks games. One of the stations teams up for a live video stream of their match of the day. Here's the surprise, its free. They arrange the advertising etc.

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-10180-0-0-0
by goddy11
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TV ADs by Port Power

It may show how behind the 8 ball the traditional clubs are about getting media coverage compare to the 2 AFL clubs.
by goddy11
Tue May 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 5

Isn't the last touch only if the ball is kicked out of bounds not handballed. The umpire must have just signalled deliberate. Not sure of the incident. I don't worry about umpires. Most of the time they do a good job.
by goddy11
Mon May 08, 2017 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Falling Attendances

I wonder what the point of this thread is about. Yes crowds are down at all clubs. I don't think there is much that can be done. All clubs work tirelessly but the crowds have gone to the AFL. We need to accept that. We at the Eagles have a hard core group there most weeks but I doubt too many newcomers are regulars. I know they are always trying to get new comers to the home games. We need to congratulate the tireless volunteers for what we have. Some of the fixture timings have been poor against AFL games. I always buy a seasons pass but pick and choose games to go to, Now with the digital pass I may go to less away games. Just me.
by goddy11
Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10

Could S Summerton win the league and reserves Magarey Medal in the same year? Playing B Grade today and piling up big stats in 1st 1/4.

20 disposals in the first half
Keeps this up and he'll earn himself a place in the Magpies league side.

S Summerton 27 kicks 9 Handballs 36 Disposals 10 mark. These figures suggest he is ball hungry. Not enough handballs. Needs to play more B Grade until he becomes more team orientated.
by goddy11
Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10

Crowd at Unley was definitely less than the Norwood game, so the guess of 3250 is probably around the mark.
Great win today and great tackling. Port Power's depth would have to be questioned a bit if they don't have injuries and can't play their captain and still lose.
They are actually weaker playing 21 AFL listed players than if they have 1 or 2 top ups. The unco teenages that make up the last couple of spots are nothing compared to having guys like Summerton and Sharrad in there side.

Lets get real about it. Port and the Crows specifically asked for stand alone sides so that all their players can play in the same side with a common coaching pattern. Port were handed a couple of bonuses in getting an additional side as an academy side (who knows what that means) and home matches. If they had the same deal as the Crows Summerton and Sharrad would be playing country footy. They should not be using their reserves to win premierships.
by goddy11
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Predictions for SANFL Premiers

Central play North, Norwood, West and the Eagles. If they win 3 and the Bays loose all then percentage. I would think the Eags will go in cautious for the last game. Long shot I know, maths possible.

Adel play Glenelg, North, Eagles and South so could easily displace the Bays all depending on this week.
by goddy11
Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals - Week 1

Watching the game live on the digital pass in Krakow, Poland. The game is coming in load and clear. 9.30am I wont say it often but congrats to SANFL. I will be in Munich for grand final and hoping to see a big Eagles Grand Final win.
by goddy11
Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

With all of the AFL players leaving the Magpies as well as the SANFL players listed as leaving, does anyone know where the fill in players for the magpies can come from. eg Can they grab players from other SANFL clubs or do the players come from minor league teams like the Crows.
by goddy11
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:North have just announced the signing of Jarred Allmond from the Eagles.

Top Player. I'm hearing $50k transfer fee. That's unbelievable if true. One of the best rebound players in SANFL and I consider him AFL material. Salary caps and money hurting all clubs.
by goddy11
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am glad Beech went back home to Westies. Top player but most of all I like tradition in that club champs remain at their clubs. I hate seeing the reverse of our good players playing against us. Good for showing loyalty.
by goddy11
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GMcG wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Anyone know where Seb is going? ;)

I've heard bays

He told me the Eagles because "I want to win a flag". :D :D

Stop winding Mickyj up. He doesn't need bait to bite. His passion gets the better of him.

But the Bays are good fit.Please :shock: :shock: :D
by goddy11
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Broadcast Coverage

News of the Eagles match followers dropping from 4000 in 2012 to 1500 is shocking,
especially for such a highly successful club.
Note the average member age is 56 years.
Interest in the SANFL continues to diminish by the year.
The SANFL has got to do a lot lot better in everything they do.
ps
Bring back radio broadcasts.
Have a good look at programming,byes and split rounds,
only 18 games in 23 weeks of footy!
The season only goes for about 6 months yet most clubs are struggling but are closed for business for 1 month (2 months if they miss the finals).
Give the followers and members what they want,
games of footy to watch not reasons to defect to other sports and competitions.
If lots more promotion of the league compotition is not forthcoming guess what the attendance numbers will be going in 2018.
Not to mention club's membership numbers!

Good write-up Vale Park
Looking at the Eagles financials, the loss in membership fees from the previous year equates to their financial loss for this year.
Like your point on the seasons length. Clubs have basically nothing happening in the longer off season. Have we reduced our season length to accomodate the AFL sides and their requirements at the end of the season.
by goddy11
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Time to increase their paltry $50k per season fee to play in the SANFL

?

Vfl clubs get $250k for afl club reserves set up
WAFL clubs get $275 for afl club reserves set up
Sanfl clubs get $50k

Crows making $3.5 mill a year.

Thanks sanfl !!!

And throw in the Power playing an AFL team as the Magpies for nothing. If it was the government there would be a Royal commission,.
Thanks SANFL.
by goddy11
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

11 of the 18 games shown on 7 will feature Adelaide, Port or both.

South, North and Glenelg only appear in 2 games each.

I brought this up at our AGM a couple of years back regarding the 2 AFL clubs reaping the television benefits :evil:
The 1 million the TRUE SANFL clubs pay a year for that shit is an absolute waste of money :x

1 million to promote the AFL teams and reduce attendance. Better to put $125k /year back into club coffers.
by goddy11
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Season is now 21 days away, still crickets from the SANFL....

Speaking of cricket(s). You can watch all Sheffield Shield matches free on the Cricket.au website. Not sure who pays for that, maybe the SACA. The promotion of SANFL leaves a lot to be desired by all. The soccer people do a stream weekly of heir MOTD on youtube.
by goddy11
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLX and Y and Z plus trial games

Love the SANFL website. No SANFL results. They concentrate more on the women's comp. Does anyone work there on weekends?
by goddy11
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In bad news for WWTFC, 2017 Club Champion Joe Sinor has sustained a injury in our trial against Port Adelaide last Friday night at Noarlunga. Joe has a lower leg fracture and some ligament damage in his ankle. It is expected Joe will miss between 8-12 weeks dependent on his recovery.
by goddy11
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Port v WWT

Good luck to the WWT midfielders with Powell-Pepper in the centre square.
So he has only been dropped and not suspended?

The statement reads :

Port Adelaide midfielder Sam Powell-Pepper has received a one-game sanction imposed by the club’s leadership group for breaking team rules last weekend.

It has been established that Powell-Pepper was intoxicated and broke the playing group’s time curfew on Sunday morning.

The sanction means Powell-Pepper will miss Port Adelaide’s Round 4 clash with Essendon this Sunday at Etihad Stadium.

The AFL is continuing its investigations into an alleged incident involving Powell-Pepper in an Adelaide bar last Sunday morning.

These investigations are ongoing and the club will be making no further comment until they are completed.

From which I ascertain he's only been prevented from playing AFL football this weekend.

I have no issue with that. If Norwood can play some-one out on bail why not SPP. :D
by goddy11
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 SANFL Budget on website

Someone at the SANFL is too busy to put it up. More interested in pandering to AFL.
by goddy11
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Should Dixon's form come into discussion

Dixon 13 goals 18 behinds from 14 matches and 57 marks. Gives away a lot of frees
His ruck work is ordinary.
Jack Watts was dropped and has similar stats. 13 goals from 11 matches and 45 marks.
Just asking.

His discipline is an issue for mine. There is a fine line between imposing a physical presence and giving away dumb frees, and he crosses that line far too often for mine.

Of course Port fans would love him to translate those "nearly" performances (that Boon spoke of) into complete games, by clunking these grabs and converting set shots.

Can't read too much into his numbers as a 2nd ruck.

If only other key forwards in the league were judged similarly

Quit the faux toughness and focus on contesting packs, clunking grabs and kicking goals (all of which he did in the 2nd half of last weekend) and he will silence the critics pretty quickly. I am far from a Tex fan, but his 2nd half on Saturday was magnificent. Exactly what you expect of your CHF.
A great balanced summation valley07.
by goddy11
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v West Sat 1410

South doing their usual 'try to miss finals routine'. They can beat the better sides but lose to the lesser teams.
by goddy11
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership 2018

I can see West replacing South in the final 5. I think their run home is better.
by goddy11
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v West Fri 7.20

Jim05 wrote:Final Score
Norwood 18.17.125
West 6.11.47
Comprehensive belting in greasy conditions.

Well done to West considering salary allowance discrepancies. :o
by goddy11
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v West Fri 7.20

Final Score
Norwood 18.17.125
West 6.11.47
Comprehensive belting in greasy conditions.
Well done to West considering salary allowance discrepancies. :o

Is that a joke. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pardon the pun, I think he is on the Money![/quote]
Oh sh!t, here we go again.
One or two brilliant talent managers turn a club around and suddenly it's salary cap breach time ???
=))
Get a grip of ya' selves !

Luv,
Sabre.[/quote]
I agree. All these guys are playing for love of the club. They probably are paying Norwood for the privallege. :o
by goddy11
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Don't know if anyone saw. Port Adelaide official twitter account tweeted that Polec informed them he was joining a club in Victoria. It was taken down after 17 minutes.

Someone in the media department has some explaining to do........ Did you get a image of the tweet? Would be bloody interesting to see.
The money North are bouncing about is serious. If PA is offering about $400k and Nth $700k why wouldn't anyone jump at it. More opportunities in Melbourne after footy as well.
by goddy11
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Can we trade John Olsen to Victoria for a packet of potato chips?
by goddy11
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

What still bothers me is how the commission sent this to an independent umpire who could not apply a result that that he said it should have been. They could have made that decision themselves. Olsen has to go.
by goddy11
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could North do a double and ask for a review of Norwood's books and win the GF because of Salary cap?

:D :o :shock:
by goddy11
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has there been any please explain on Seb Galhuis outburst on facebook, i would say accusing the umpires of cheating is up there. Or are they sweeping that under the carpet because they feel guilty,

Surely he gets games or at the very least a fine and so should his club

Not sure where to put it but Seb Guilhas has been suspended for 3 games for his Facebook rant.

Woodville-West Torrens ruckman Seb Guilhaus has been suspended for three matches after a SANFL Tribunal hearing at Adelaide Oval on Wednesday night.

Charged with bringing the game into disrepute following comments made on Facebook in the wake of the Preliminary Final, Guilhaus pleaded guilty to the charge which was heard before SANFL Tribunal panel Chairman Ian White.

Guilhaus’ three-match penalty ensures he will be ineligible to play SANFL or in any SANFL Affiliated League.

So Seb Guilhaus receives a bigger suspension than NA received for "not playing fairly'. :shock:
by goddy11
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They could have sent him to an independent Tribunal where the magistrate had no power the make a decision and mimic the SANFL ruling on NA.
by goddy11
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pity Olsen was not suspended for impersonating someone one who cared about the SANFL.
by goddy11
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

amber_fluid wrote:
0ACACD27-A94B-4D58-B338-2BEBBDF7D651.jpeg

"It's the true, port Adelaide addiction"
by goddy11
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Does anyone know what Rucci is sooking about now on SEN about the Crows? Something about PAFC complaining about a former Crows coach and former state politican crows supporter...

Former coach, Blight? Former politician, ?

Former coach, Bickley? Former politician could be anyone. Maybe Weatherall regrets giving Port so much money in handouts :shock:

One of Rucci's problems is he gets all his info off Social media and adds all the crap up to make up his stories. He's a poor journalist left to his own devices.
by goddy11
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |