Search found 158 matches

Return

Re: Round 16

Pseudo wrote:
stampy wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:Has the sanfl made an announcement yet if the next round is happening yet

come off it, will take till wednesday for those nongs to realise whats happening

They have to wait for the AFL to tell them what to do...

They should cancel the season with no winner.
by goddy11
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Sturt is going in the right direction under Mattner. Will be a force next year. The Eags need to improve forward entry considerably.
by goddy11
Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 finals series

Funny game. Last Saturday morning , NA fans looking forward to playing the Eags this afternoon with chance to play in GF. This afternoon just preparing for garden duties. :(
by goddy11
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 finals series

How come the Eagles weren’t wearing masks whilst singing the song in the change rooms?
Just like the umpires , Nicola has given us an ok . :D

As a neutral watching I thought the umpires were ok.
Missed a couple each way but that’s footy.
They didn’t effect the score line.

South wore them so the Eagles might get a please explain.
Ssh.. Don't say that in front of Jim05. He was complaining about them at the first hit out.

I think our defense was great today in trying conditions. Norward had a massive forward entry but it appeared unstructured going forward. nb Saying that Norward controlled midfield . Douglas still has life in those legs. Grigg was quiet.
by goddy11
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Big Phil wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:The Menzel brothers are enjoying their September action

And one of them is rumoured to again be leaving SANFL ranks at seasons' end.

Lets hope he leaves with a premiership medal. Both have been very good for us this year. Troy has had a few injuries that have not helped.
by goddy11
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2nd Semi Final Bays v Eagles

Was anyone else expecting the game to go a couple minutes longer than it did ?
8 goals and 2 stoppages to blood rules in the last quarter.

There was only one point, suppose if there was the usual few more that would add another minute.

Hope the Bay player is okay, on the telly it looked like he was bleeding from his ear.
Hope is is ok. That did not look good.
It was the third gamer, Will Chandler.
25 min mark final qtr streaming through half forward, gets tackled & pinged holding the ball. Comes off with blood streaming from his ear. I thought it was one of the better umpired games vs the Eagles in some time but they got this decision terribly wrong at a crucial time. It was clearly high contact.
As said, can’t expect to play 1 qtr & win a 2nd semi, but if Hosie kicks that sitter to put us 7 pts up late, WWT wouldn’t have come back & won.
We’ll be better for the run, I expect to have another crack at the Eagles in a fortnight.
Never high tackle. It was a clash of heads. Not sure if that was why Tsitas had to come off with nose bleed later on.
by goddy11
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

Watching the reserves Glenelg v Eagles I could not notice a glut of big men in the Bay team. If I were at Central I would approach a couple as this appeared an area of concern for the doggies.
by goddy11
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

Screenshot 2021-09-30 105113.jpg
by goddy11
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As a crows fan I always think how good Dan would have been barring those 4 knee reconstructions. Life is no fair sometimes.
by goddy11
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Somehow the lead only extended by 5 points that quarter

yep didnt put them away, Bays 2nd halves have been very strong this season, still think they will come back strong and win

What I'm scared of.
by goddy11
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Bay’s really need to throw on an extra player for 5 minutes

Don't let the North guys into this one.
by goddy11
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm still scratching my head why Centrals sacked the Menzel Brothers. :D
by goddy11
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Magarey Medal

Booney wrote:Tsitas 31 SANFL games 1 x premiership 1 x Magarey

Won't be done again.

Try 2 premiership medal in 32 games.
by goddy11
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sheedy must b thinking how easy is this coaching game. :D
by goddy11
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Trade rumours and discussion

Tyson Stengle has signed with Geelong on a two-year deal.
by goddy11
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Err - I am not a South Fan. Your post about Joel Cross was crap, and very disrespectful. Not only are you a poor winner, you come across as a very sore looser.

Return flights - $600
Accomodation - $350
Food & Drinks - $250
Ubers and Taxis - $100
Grand Final Ticket - $50
Premiership Merch - $0

Glenelg choking in another grand final - Priceless

I know your a Cocks man

I give you the exact run down
Return flights - $457
Accomodation - $300
Food & Drinks - $200 (think including back at the club - but priceless when you consider the majority of what I drank was West End Draught)
Ubers and Taxis - F*** Ubers ripping off casual workers - $11 day trip on the tram. Ubers everything that’s wrong about our modem economy)
Grand Final Ticket - $0
Glenelg Merch - $9 stubby cooker brought can never have enough

Travelling interstate without restrictions to watch my footy club in a Grand Final catch up with mates and getting the SANFL goss like Durham is less popular with North players than my Joel cross comment is on here - Priceless

Would do it all again!

Does any of that come with a certificate of authenticity from Ricky Nixon. He was rumored selling signed Glenelg premiership footballs and cookers. :lol:
by goddy11
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trent Burgoyne delisted by the Power. Chance to return to the Eags?
by goddy11
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry, I cant get enough of the Eagles. Got my shirt and cap today.
by goddy11
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MJP1993 wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Sorry, I cant get enough of the Eagles. Got my shirt and cap today.

Did you get a T-shirt or polo shirt I got both couldn’t help myself

Both.
by goddy11
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It just gets better. University of South Australia building.
by goddy11
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

RIP Russell.
by goddy11
Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jacob Wehr delisted by GWS. They may rookie him though at the rookie draft.
by goddy11
Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Entry to SANFL games

In defence of Dogs64, it's up to him, we can only offer our opinions.

I'm with Dogs64. I'm in my mid 60's and also double vaxed but to mandate 12 yo to a vax just does not sit well. Risk v reward. What are the stats on kids getting the virus ? Does the Vax work and if yes why shy should I be scared? The SANFL will suffer.
by goddy11
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To go with the beer. That score looks great on the bottle.
by goddy11
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"The best player in the comp massive out if St Kilda take him (JH)."

This was not the news I wanted for Xmas. Good luck to JH if that's what he wants, I suppose, but it would be a terrible waste if he ends up being a backup to a backup in the St Kilda VFL side . I hope his brother can talk to him about being a fringe AFL player.

Yep it stings mate, watching your boys clamp us in the Quali where we were crying out for a key forward who can take a contested mark, and knowing Jackson Callow taken in the MSD was just sitting around in Melbourne gathering dust, wasn't an easy pill to swallow. Rivalries aside I hope JH gets a (decent) crack at AFL because I've always rated him and enjoyed watching him play. But if an AFL club isn't going to give him a genuine opportunity then I hope he stays here and we can see him perform on a weekly basis.

He is still only 24. I don't know who he will be competing with at St Kilda but I'm sure he will more than perform. Not too many players that can perform in the forwards, defense and ruck. His set shots have improved. Was a weakness earlier but one on one in a marking contest is his strength.
by goddy11
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had thought that the Eagles were in a very strong position only losing Stengle and Burgoyne in the draft.

I didn't think we needed to do much recruiting but now we could potentially lose our two best players - Tsitas and Hayes! Powell may have to dust off those '50 applications' and review who may still be available!

The fact that AFL clubs can still sign up players following the wrap up of two drafts in December is ridiculous. If St Kilda & Gold Coast were going to sign up Hayes and Tsitas you'd think they would be doing so based on what they have done in their most recent seasons in the SANFL not based on 7-8 weeks of running and footy drills over Summer. This really mucks the Eagles up because we are unlikely to seek to replace them until such time as the AFL clubs make a decision and by then it will be too late.

With Hayes and Tsitas gone, that's a 1/4 of our GF side out. 3 good replacements coming in. Sheedy must know the strength of the kids coming up.

Did you complain when it happened to South for the last three years? MAY have cost us a flag....

I don't think my comment was a complaint at all. I actually think Sheedy has identified juniors that will make a step up from our U18 premiers. Loosing players is a fact of the SANFL. We lost many more last season and still won the GF.
by goddy11
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

Six clubs want the entry price risen by $5. I won't name them.

South and Centrals spoke against the proposal.

At this stage it is proposed to increase by a dollar next season and two dollars the season after.

There will be an extra competition next year with the SANFL introducing a women's development league.

Next year will be the LAST payment of the land divestment fund (Footy park sale). $300K and it must be used to pay down debt.

Plus we've let The Crows reduce their annual payment of $50,000 to the SANFL clubs to $25,000.
If thats the case what is the point of them playing in our comp. They change our rules, don't put anything back into the game. $25,000 is not worth the effort. Lets make it 3 round each with 8 teams.
by goddy11
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Seb Guilhaus named in Eagles side to play in Darwin. A few kids in the side as well.
by goddy11
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

arcadefire wrote:Looks like Tsitas has been taken by gold coast

Thoroughly deserves a chance at AFL. I think he will be a regular first team player if played correctly. Massive loss for the Eags.
by goddy11
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe there are a number of clubs chasing him. Eagles included.
by goddy11
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

C7 saying Jarrod Lienert has signed for St Kilda.
by goddy11
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just in

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of hard running midfielder Dylan Clarke.
After being delisted at the end of the 2021 season by Essendon, Clarke continued to train with the club up until recently with the hope of being resigning through the Pre-Season Supplementary Selection period. The 23-year-old has spent the previous five seasons at Essendon, playing 24 AFL matches after being drafted from the Eastern Ranges.
CEO Luke Powell said on Clarke’s signing, “We are delighted to have Dylan commit to the Club. To be able to attract a player of Dylan’s calibre so close to the season is a great result for all parties. Dylan is a person of tremendous character who will fit in to our culture really well and I know he is looking forward to having a great season.”
On joining the Club Clarke said, “I’m really excited to be joining such a great Club in the Eagles. The playing group have been fantastic in welcoming me in to the Club. I was attracted by the prospect of being coached by Sheeds and I’m really looking forward to help the Club succeed.”
Please join us in welcoming Dylan to the Woodville West Torrens Football Club.
by goddy11
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial matches

Those Menzel Boy are magnificent readers of the ball. I cant see why the Dogs sacked them.
by goddy11
Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

The loss is not as bad as it looks. At the rate PA are going they will be top 8 soon.
Prior the Crows match PA was bottom on 0 wins from 2 matches. After loosing to the Crows they rose to second bottom after 3 matches. I look at the ladder today they are 3rd bottom after 4 matches. Not all lost.

So another 5 losses we'll be 8th bottom pushing for a top 8 spot?

Got it :)
by goddy11
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 Centrals vs Power Reserves Sat 2:35 X-Convenien

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:What was the crowd?

"interesting" I mean how else would you describe the average Port and Centrals crowd demographic....

I was always told the difference between Port and Centrals supporters is that Centrals supporters are happy to steal cars that Port supporters would not touch. :)
by goddy11
Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10...SA V NA NOARLUNGA OVAL ...2:10PM...MONDAY 13/6...

Is the SANow cameraman drunk. All over he place.
by goddy11
Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11 Eagles v Centrals

Well played Centrals. Good 4 quarter effort. :(
by goddy11
Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R 13 Eagles v Port

Booney wrote:2nd quarter, Woodville Oval, WWT v PA, Adelaide Crows song comes through the speakers. Eagles employ Collective Minds?

It worked. Nothing makes the Port shit themselves more than the Crows coming.
by goddy11
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal 2022

Who is the clubhouse leader?

The following are the current Digital Pass total votes :

17 – Aaron Young (North)
16 – Riley Knight (Eagles)
12 – Nik Rokahr (Norwood)
11 – Luke Partington (Glenelg)
10 – Patrick Wilson (Sturt), Campbell Combe (North), Harrison Wigg (North)
8 – Mitch O’Neill (South), Matthew Snook (Glenelg), Matt Crouch (Adelaide), Kyle Presbury (Central)
7 – Harry Boyd (Norwood), Darcy Bailey (Glenelg), Kieran Strachan (Adelaide), Casey Voss (Sturt)

As a North supporter I am surprised how few votes Harrison WIgg has polled.

If Presbury gets 2's instead of 1's for all those games we lost he's going to be doing well, many very good games this year but umps seem obliged to pick someone from the winning team for the 3 votes.

Also, I don't get why Riley Knight gets rated so highly. Gets a ton of ball but half his disposals are shite so may as well not have had it.

Are they? I think his disposal has been excellent. Not sure how you come out with this. Gets the hard balls as well.
by goddy11
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Port v West

Couldn't win against a better club. Go Westies.
by goddy11
Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Nasty stammer.
by goddy11
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

Daniel Menzel wins the 2022 Ken Farmer Medal as SANFL leading goal kicker.
51 for the season.
A small positive to a poor ending to the season.
by goddy11
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

THE WOODVILLE WEST TORRENS FOOTBALL CLUB IS DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THE SIGNING OF 2020 EAGLES PREMIERSHIP PLAYER AND KEN FARMER MEDALLIST JAMES ROWE.
Rowe returns to Oval Avenue after 36 games at the Adelaide Crows over the past two seasons.
by goddy11
Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

Where delisted AFL players will play in 2023

SANFL
Brett Turner - Glenelg
James Rowe - Woodville-West Torrens
Connor McFadyen - Sturt
Ely Smith - South Adelaide
Jack Madgen - Adelaide
Zane Williams - Woodville-West Torrens
Jez McLennan - Central Districts
Rhys Nicholls - West Adelaide
Zach Sproule - South Adelaide
Jackson Callow - Norwood
Jack Saunders - Norwood
Patrick Walker - Norwood
Martin Frederick - Sturt
Sam Mayes - North Adelaide
Sam Skinner - South Adelaide
Riley Collier-Dawkins - Woodville-West Torrens
James Bell - Glenelg
Charlie Parker - Sturt
by goddy11
Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

locky801 wrote:
Booney wrote:All that outer area would be contaminated, but I guess you have to let the visiting supporters stand somewhere.

wondered why i was always crook after leaving that place, and to think i blamed the beer :toimonster: :partyman:

Class action coming. :drinkers:
by goddy11
Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

Grandstand changeroom renovations at Oval Ave unlikely to be completed by end of the season so will probably open start of 2024 season.
In the interim, the Eagles will use the Percy Fox Stand changerooms (presently the opposition change rooms) and opposition teams will use temporary change rooms stationed between the 2 existing grandstands. Not a dissimilar situation when renos were happening at Norwood and Elizabeth ovals.
Will there be hot water for visiting teams?
We will boil the kettles at 1/2 time. :D
by goddy11
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

Advertiser reporting the State game vs Western Australia will be played on a Friday at 3 pm (curtain raiser to AFL match) :shock:

Seriously, that is a joke. Who will be there to watch, be lucky to be 100 people.

Play it stand alone on Saturday at the Bay, even 2k there be good atmosphere. Or just get rid of the game altogether :evil:

Are they proactively trying to kill off any lingering interest in the game?

Does the SANFL management have any input in running our game anymore or does it employees just collect their cheque on Friday.
by goddy11
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games 2023

sib wrote:
Thiele wrote:All trial games will be Free on Sanfl Now

Yeh right. Ive logged in and its only the womens game on right now at Norwood. Not the trial at Thebby. So they musnt upload them till afterwards

Someone forgot to tell SANFLNow. :evil:
by goddy11
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Have there been any practice matches and if yes any scores available?
by goddy11
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |