Search found 559 matches

Return

Re: R15 - Adelaide v Sturt @ Thebby

Nice to see Sturt become complete "sell outs" to the AFL.

No crows home games ever .... But the goal posts change for this game.

Pathetic IMO
Do the Crows train at Thebby? It's a home game to the Crows in name only. They are as familiar with the oval as Sturt is, so neutral would more accurately describe it in reality.
Neutral venue where the Ravens foot the bill and Sturt take the profits, as I understand it.
If it was played at Football Park no. 2 or wherever it is they call home, or carry some sort of advantage over a visiting side, that'd be a different story.
I'm struggling to see where the"sell-out" line has been crossed here. On the contrary it's nice to have Thebby used again. If the SANFL could get over the "must have 18 round" policy, it'd be good for Thebby to be the neutral venue.
by therisingblues
Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

If they're upset about people repeating themselves then they should stay well away from the no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread. =))
by cracka
Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

goddy11 wrote:Erin Phillips quote "I'm so proud to be a.... crow"

Edited for accuracy
by MW
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Falling Attendances

I'd also argue that it is easier for the SANFL to implement their change in prices, days, times, seasons, etc. because as a compromised, practice league, the will to be taken seriously is lacking.
We have gone from being a thorn in the AFL's side; the last bastion of non-compliance to their corporate empire, and a beacon to all those that despise the shape football has taken under their reign, to a pitiable institution over which many are discussing charity; no longer capable of drawing the disaffected.
If the vermin were kicked out tomorrow, I wonder if we would ever recover? Most seem to agree that it is already too late for that.
by therisingblues
Tue May 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

goddy11 wrote:
JK wrote:Image

Wasn't he eaten by a shark.

No, that was one of his relatives:
by Pseudo
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
sib wrote:Luke WIlson has played SANFL footy level before at Port with his brother. Now we got all 3 brothers together.

Wilson Brothers on the Parade.jpg

And the 4th brother

by JK
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kelly said the former stipulation had not contemplated that all 21 AFL-listed players would be available, resulting in no top-up players lining up in a league match.

“The provisions of the licence agreement … were included to ensure that the teams of each (AFL) club were playing the line and wanting to win,” Kelly said.

“Both clubs have honoured this principle and demonstrated through their players a commitment to the contest and respect for the competition.

“Ultimately, the SANFL has agreed with Port Adelaide that it is appropriate that the marquee player be able to be selected before an AFL-listed player on the occasion that 21 are available for SANFL selection.”

With 46 on the list they didn't add up that 22+21 = 43??? and this scenario was a possibility???

Policy on the run, and they still use the "integrity" word, these blokes are almost worse than Politicians! :lol:

The reality is they changed the rule for one bloke!
Ridiculous
You couldn’t make this shit up :lol:
by Spargo
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

goddy11 wrote:Daniel Norton on 5AA (Port mouthpiece) now saying that Port pay a dividend to the SANFL each year. In fairness to Rucci , he is trying to correct him.

Norton is clueless just another Booney Ie. port Adelaide happy clapper
by UK Fan
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Sturt v Port Wednesday 1310

goddy11 wrote:They are talking on 5AA that the game is a lockout.

Who told 5AA the game is on?
by Grenville
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sturt 8.10(58)
Scum 3.7(25)

15 mind 3/4

Mcadam 3 goals
by UK Fan
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

stan wrote:Nah he has to read through all of Uk fans posts. Assuming he can read off course. He does play for Port after all.

I'd take the 20 years.
by Booney
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great day to celebrate 50 years since our 68 flag and good to get to The President’s Lunch before the game. Great crowd and turnout, even about 8 people up on a house roof at the northern end like the old days.
Not sure how Pickled Pear can be eligible to play today, pretty poor form by Port and the AFL. I thought SANFL clubs get fined if they field a player that wasn’t listed in the initial squad.
Great win Blues.

As the AFL suspension relates to off field matters the suspension doesn't cover the SANFL, under current rules which seems farcical. If you're suspended, you're suspended, but,under current SANFL rules if an AFL listed player is available and eligible to play, he must, it's sort of the "play to the line" rule, so the SANFL are as confused as the AFL are on this one.

I believe the fine will be $500.

Farcical as you say. Club imposed suspensions fair enough AFL imposed must cross all codes in the future

If he’s guilty of what he’s been charged with as the afl is stating why is he playing any footy at all ???

"Inappropriate contact", what's fair you reckon, 20 years non parole, life?

Tough one ?? Depends if SPP was thruthful thru out or if he lied as to how severe his penalty should be imho!!

And that if suspended by his league it should stand across all levels of football.
by UK Fan
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Digital Pass Payment

I purchased the digital pass this week from the club. Pretty happy with it. Was less than $30 as the season has progressed (but can see previous games). I'll still go to home games (and South Adelaide - not yes clubs). With the subscription money going to the club, seems like a win. If the sanfl is paying a million dollars to channel 7 (?) To telecast, seems like a significant waste of money.
by Dogs64
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recruiting Zones for AFC and PAFC - Impact on SANFL U16/

The AFL might as well just shut down any competition that is not a pathway to play AFL.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 7 - Bring your own hu$h money.... for the hone

Nic Nat 1 match for a strong tackle. Total Crap.
by helicopterking
Mon May 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Eagles v Norwood Sat 1410

DOC wrote:Norwood 1978 premiership reunion tonight.

Some are heading to this game just to make sure they are in good nic for tonight. Mind how you go Alby!

Is Des Foster going? :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat May 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My wife works in local council.
They’re not allowed to look out the window before lunch as it gives them nothing to do for the rest of the day.
by Spargo
Fri May 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is so the AFL recruiters only attend one game.

Bend over, rinse, repeat.
by DOC
Thu May 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really need me to explain?
Every player who plays AFL gets developed somewhere fella. In laymen's terms why whinge about players being called up for state or development duties. Been happening forever and a day, well the last 3 decades atleast, that's the landscape of being a feeder comp.
Really?
I honestly cannot ever remember players being taken out of league games for an under 18 trial game, I can only remember them missing out for the actual tourney.
by Wedgie
Wed May 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt v South R10

Bluedemon wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Siren goes!
Wins for the good guys at both grounds today! :D

Who are the good guys?

A competitor of Harvey Norman, got bought by JB Hifi a few years back.
by Pseudo
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Adelaide Sunday 1410

I love that South told the AFL to **** off
I wish North did.
I love that South are indignant towards the Crows
I wish North was
If I didn’t love North I’d have an affair with South :D
by johntheclaret
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Broadcast Coverage

Interesting to note Queendland Rugby is going to have a match on Foxtel each week (on Wednesday nights) and streams all games live free.
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Can't we all play together?

Can’t believe all the commentary regarding how bad West Coast have been. No credit to Essendon at all.

Essendon have been super. Great run and carry with super quick ball movement.
by carey
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 12 Norwood Vs Port 1/7/18

Similar salary caps
by TDJ44
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Bit of a ( Kenny Calendar voice ) lack luster affair at the MCG on Saturday in front of a disappointing crowd of just over 26,000.

The Blues fans are being asked to be patient with their rebuild, they're not. Well, if they are they're being patient somewhere else and for much of the game it looked like the Port Adelaide boys wanted to be somewhere else, too. If that wasn't a side going through the motions for the 4 points I don't know what is and I for one didn't like it. I liked the 4 points, but I wasn't thrilled with the display.

Again the back half held sway by holding our zone high and not allowing the opposition F50 entries. Only allowed 38 for the day despite the Blues having 380 disposals, as much a reflection on their inept forward structure as it was our dour defence.

The Blue were always going to come out fired up for Simpsons 300th, they haven't got much else to play for in reality and they jumped us early with 5 straight to 3.6 and while we were well on top in general play it was Curnow with 3 in the first quarter and Port's inaccuracy in front of goal that had them in front at 1/4 time. More convincing 5 goal to 2 second quarter and the game is in Port's hands and looked like a matter of how far from here. Not so.

That attitude I mentioned above festered at half time and the bottom placed Blues kept us scoreless in the third quarter and breathed a bit of life into the contest, ultimately only some light entertainment for the Blues who went along and more of a blight on Port's attitude than Carlton's abilities. Simply not good enough for 30 minutes after the main break and I hope the review this morning focuses on that period and it's made clear that's not acceptable.

A 5 goal last term with some Wingard magic thrown in for good measure and some scoreboard reward for Dixon who had an "almost day". Dixon could have had 4 or 5, a snap from the boundary touched on the line by Jones (who despite losing the one-on-one with Gray was good for Carlton), a snap from the top of the square bouncing the wrong way, a missed set shot and one going through truly. Kept competing and giving us a target which was required as Marshall looked lost out on the G and with just 5 touches his spot might be under some pressure.

Again the win was on the back of the dominance of our deep midfield led by Wingard, Rockliff, Powell-Pepper and a defence led by Houston ( who has been much better the last two weeks ) and Hombsch while evergreen Westhoff had another quality outing this season and is playing the best footy of his career. Depth the key in the midfield group for Port, Wines, Ebert, Boak and Polec relatively quiet.

Special mention to Jack Trengove, he was solid across half back in his first PAFC AFL match, was pleased to see him get a chance and take it with both hands. He was solid with 21 touches at 81% D/E and looks like he might stay in if the Pittard corky/hamstring keeps him out. Given his recent history, I think it will.

All in all a fairly ordinary affair with the bottom placed side dragging us down a peg or two and our attitude not being ruthless enough on the day meaning all we take out of that contest was a trip to the G and the 4 points.

Boons best - Wingard, Westhoff, Rockliff, Powell-Pepper, Trengove, Hombsch

Back home for the bubbly Saints who won their second on the trot on the weekend. Twilight *hiccup* Saturday.

Having watched most of the Magpies game yesterday I'm not sure DBJ earns an instant recall and I think Watts perhaps has done enough to earn another game at AFL level after 2 pretty solid outings against Sturt and Norwood given Marshall's quiet fortnight.

In - Jonas, Watts ( DBJ maybe )
Out - Pittard, Marshall ( Trengove in a hard call maybe )

Should Dixon's form come into discussion

Dixon 13 goals 18 behinds from 14 matches and 57 marks. Gives away a lot of frees
His ruck work is ordinary.
Jack Watts was dropped and has similar stats. 13 goals from 11 matches and 45 marks.
Just asking.
800k a year to try hard each week. No thanks
by Dirty dog
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

I seriously doubt Sloane would be getting 5 years now if Danger and Lever hadn't left in last 2 years.

Relevance?

1/ reduced cap space if they had stayed
2/ pressure on AFC to retain an interstate star, this is a statement from them more than anything

McGovern last year, Lynch and Sloane this year.
by Booney
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Channel 7 Presenter on several shows and does a heap of media and advertising.

Which shows? Never seen her

A bit like Bec Judd, a wannabe Home ideas and travel presenter type role.
Got the job coz of her husband

So clearly not commanding $2mil per year then

I wouldn’t have thought so.
Drop a zero and half it maybe
by amber_fluid
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership 2018

Rik E Boy wrote:REDLEGS ;)

Having a bit of trouble finding 'the lid' REB ?
;)
Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port mustve just got Polec's signature. The traditional lead in to the announcment has just begun with Sam Maclure declaring that the Roos have made a massive multi year offer of 700k plus. Lol seems about right. Polec 700k. Can't see that being correct. Not even North are that spastic.

Also this is from Sam "Rorys gone" Maclure. So the info must be Solid.
by stan
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WWT v Sturt Sat 1410

Should be a great game. Sturt will be desperate to win to help ensure a top 3 finish. Eagles side close to full strength with probably only Poole and Petrenko (will he get sufficiently fit?) the only 2 not in the best 21. Eags in a close one.
by wedgetail
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v West Fri 7.20

Second Team wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Final Score
Norwood 18.17.125
West 6.11.47
Comprehensive belting in greasy conditions.

Well done to West considering salary allowance discrepancies. :o

Is that a joke. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pardon the pun, I think he is on the Money!
by tkr
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Glenelg Sat 1410

[-o< [-o<

Thank you Port for taking Lokan off our hands!!!

The Magpies may have a team worth $1 Mill a year each week but nothing brings them back down to, and past SANFL salary cap level by having Lokan as the magnet board carrier....

All the way up to 8th! Huge improvements.

#stillshit
But that’s balanced out by him taking you from second to second last :)
by Jim05
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is for a guy with a dodgy foot
by MW
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v WWT Fri 1920

Been told a Gold Coast observer watched this game
Should he be recommending to draft number 16 for Norwood ?
by mal
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty hounds wrote:
DOC wrote:Excuse my ignorance, again.

How is that twitter image a fake?

it's not.

It’s been re-posted on here so it must be true........ :lol:
by amber_fluid
Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Carlton to offer pick 1 to the crows, what the crows gonna give carlton for mighty henley shark jack lukosius :)
Will Lukosios be a genuine superstar, or will he be another Sam Durdin? In recent years most of the tall forwards who have dominated at U18's and been high draft picks haven't really set the world on fire - Schache, McCartin, Boyd, Patton etc
He reminds me of Jack Watts. Similar build and skill sets.
Hope he turns out a better player?
by tigerpie
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 - How's the symmetry; how's the serenity!

2nd showdown in a row ken has embarrassed himself post game
Don’t agree.. he was spot on.. he also mentioned it didn’t cost them the game and were beaten in key areas of the game

But what point is he trying to prove on this occasion? The footage was inconclusive which means it’s a goal anyway as the goal umpire called it a goal initially. Why would you blow up after the game about it? You could review free kicks every game and it would effect the result each week. I just don’t see what the issue here is? Maybe he should have pressed “umpires call” but it’s still a goal. It’s not a howler, the only person on the ground that thought it may have hit the post was Jenkins himself.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard the Jenkins interview and I'm fairly sure he said he was concerned it might have hit the post, not that it had.
The review replay didn't show anything definite, which is why it remained "Umpire's call".

Perhaps we can simplify it to avoid controversy and arguments over replays, and the "we wuz robbed" scenario, and say that if it touches the post but goes through the goal side it is still a goal, if it touches the post and goes through the behind side its a behind, and if it bounces off the post into play its still in play.
by Psyber
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I actually rate JJs honesty. Why go the political line always
by Brodlach
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just saw Ross Lyon saying it was 100 metres behind the play. It was about 25 metres away from the play & the ball was actually kicked past where the incident took place so hardly behind the play.
How dare Ross Lyon be a bit emotional and exaggerate where it occurred after seeing an 18yo get his jaw smashed and 4 teeth removed and witnessing the kids mum crying over it. I think the point was it might as well have been 1000 metres behind play as it had nothing to do with the play.

Like most I'm happy to be critical of Lyon for many things but his presser was not one of them.
by Wedgie
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Social media over the last 36 hours...

- Injunction needed, reverse the decision and give us the 4 pts
- split the 4 points, only fair
- it didn't even hit the post, it went through for a behind not a goal
- AFL is corrupt
- Crows cheated

This is the one that I find most staggering. I've heard it from a number of people too.
I just don't get how people can't see that it was at least on the correct side of the post.

I can see why people think this, the way C7 were running the frames back and forth created an illusion of the ball going through the behinds.
I'm comfortable with the decision, tough one to over rule
by LMA
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:#boysclub

Ratten, long association with the PAFC. ;)
by Booney
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:
whufc wrote:Hinkley OUT

Na give him another extension, Its just bad luck with injuries :D

And goal posts
by Brodlach
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Sturt Sunday 2.10

UK Fan wrote:South 6.7(43)
South 8.5(53)

3/4 time

Internal trial?
by Corona Man
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North and South proved the two Cancers are Not needed and add Zero to SANFL in September.
And don’t give me the having Port in there Garbage, cos they are not the Magpies but cross dressers from afl house :oops:
by holden78
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

What still bothers me is how the commission sent this to an independent umpire who could not apply a result that that he said it should have been. They could have made that decision themselves. Olsen has to go.
This is the most disturbing factor in all of this. It absolutely stinks. The admin of the SANFL/SA Football Commission are at best a total basket case and at worst corrupt cheats. The decision the QC was forced to make, whichever way it went, could be argued forever. No team deserved victory. A replay was the only fair option.
by Aerie
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

JK wrote:I think Tropiano should serve a one week suspension :D

1 week suspension for each of the 19 on field ;)
by Locky
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mick Godden joins Crows Coaching Staff

That means that four out of WWT's six coaches have now left the club to coach in the AFL.
by RB
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

They don't seem to have a salary cap either.
by Groucho
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |