Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

First time poster but long time reader.No offense buy I think you guys are barking up the wrong when it comes to increasing the points per club,let me explain: If you have say 60 country clubs state wide(just a figure for the demonstration) & they all have say 13 points each this would possibly allow them all in theory to "recruit" between 3 & 4 quality players each.This means that the clubs are looking at recruiting somewhere between 180 & 240 players state wide.Now for arguments sake lets assume that there is a pool of180 talented players willing to be recruited at the right price,Now in this case demand (IE the clubs) outstrips Supply(the recruits) and the recruits can name their price.Now if you drop the points to 10 per club, and the clubs could only recruit 2 or possibly 3 players & the pool of recruits stays the same then supply will outstrip demand & the price per recruit will drop.
I don't agree that this will make the players worth more as I think clubs will be more cautious with their recruiting and will opt to recruit as many players as they can,which would mean going for 3 point players instead of 4 point players .If you still think I am talking crap(and you are entitled to your opinion) then the best example I can give of extra points driving up player payments is in my own league the Kowree-Naracoorte-Tatiara league. This season, 2014 the two clubs with biggest spend were the two who had the most points(16),these being Padthaway & Kaniva-Leeor.In fact it's common knowledge around the league that Padthaway spent somewhere between $250,000 & $300,000!!
The points system works but it needs to be tweaked.Chhers
by CouchExpert
Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

As an outsider to this league I can't believe all the hate this outcome has created. You all need to suck it up & get over it! Like it or not the "umpire" has made his decision so accept it & make the Hills League a better competition as a result of this outcome. I still think your points system is flawed as it heavily favors the bigger population areas who have a larger numbers of kids to pick from.The Hills League really needs to go back to the drawing board & come up with a solution that best fits the wide range within the league,Football is a great game & the glue that holds many country communities together,lets not see that destroyed by self interest & petty jealousies.Cheers
by CouchExpert
Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

David Shipway is stretching a long bow to say that a country community spent $40,000 on a player instead of the local hospital.What a load of crap!!
Raising funds for your local hospital has absolutely nothing to do with how the local footy club raise their money.It's statements like this that add fuel to the fire of the conspiracy theorists.In 2 years time when a heap of country clubs fold due to the salary cap he will tell us that the damage had already been down before the cap was implemented .I have met David Shipway & he is a genuinely nice guy but understand where his allegiance lies before you read too much into his comments
by CouchExpert
Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

The thing that makes me laugh is that SACFL have said that player payments are putting volunteers under stress & causing them to become disillusioned.How much more disillusioned do you think they are going to become with all the extra paperwork that the Salary Cap will bring?It has been bad enough this year with the introduction of the online player registration system (absolute nightmare & joke) I know for a fact of clubs loosing volunteers over this issue alone.
The other thing is that the new Salary Cap rules are so vague in places that they would not stand up to a court challenge.You would think that people would have learnt after the Echunga fiasco!
by CouchExpert
Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Have to disagree with this.Yes fitness is an important part of the game,but if you control the football you control the tempo.I read some where that Darren Burgess the Power Fitness Guru had done some research that showed that the Power Players running intensity was at its highest when there kicking efficiency was at its lowest.IE they were chasing jumpers. Why do you think Hawthorn seem to be able to run out games so well,its not because they are the fittest team around ,its just that they have players with elite skills. I see most AFL clubs are now incorporating ball work from day 1 of pre-season,which tells you something
by CouchExpert
Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kowree Naracoorte Football League

No bigger dog act than being sacked half way through the year!!!! Hopefully the players involved are fined or de registered as well,otherwise it will keep on happening.From my experience a lot of clubs in the KNTFL have"recruiting committee's" that operate outside of the structure of the general committee, & are solely responsible for payment & recruitment of players.(as well as raising money)The general committee's tend to turn a blind eye to their recruitment methods & dealings just as long as they can get good recruits. I'll bet that this is what has happened in Kyby's case with the general committee unaware of what the recruiting committee was up to until the sh*t hit the fan.The really interesting thing is that I don't think I have been to an AGM of a country club where the club has listed the player payments in its profit & loss statement. Its as if the revenue /expenditure comes out of thin air.Surely members have a right to know how much the club is spending & where the money is coming from
by CouchExpert
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |