Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Boon for PM.
by Corona Man
Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

gossipgirl wrote:I wonder how many fortune cookies you could buy for $50 000 :D

$50k would get a lot of fortune cookies, sadly though it would also buy a sh!t load of Apricot slice as well.
by Corona Man
Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2016

Dangerfield is a good player. I was critical of him at the crows for turning it over, often. He will be a better player when he brings more players into the game. It's as if, at times he doesn't trust his teams mates, and tries to do too much. A few weeks ago I watched him win the ball well in the centre, break out of the pack, baulk a couple of blokes.... then when it was time to kick/offload, he bounced it. Worked his way into trouble, and then rushed a kick that was smothered off the boot - turnover goal to the other mob. Not a skill thing at all, purely decision making error. Now everyone gets the odd one wrong, and it un-fair to judge a bloke on one piece of play. That one did stand out though. Think he will win the Brownlow this season, comfortably all that said.
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Friday arvo beers.... :drinkers:
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones - Who's your money on?

JK wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Yep got 115. Now to work out how to watch them in chronological order!

Go the "Catchup" on the Planner, then to Boxsets .. You can D/L all the episodes from there mate. Great show, but Im biased and seriously addicted.

I will ask my kids WTF all that means!
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14's PESTIFEROUS LOGORRHOEA

helicopterking wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Mouth watering clash tonight.... Buckley v Lyon in the coaching boxes.... You would walk metres literally to witness this.

I feel for the supporters going to watch it in a warm 5 degrees

I feel for them coz all they can get is mid strength beer.
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy 2016

Dutchy wrote:Westies $2.34...I had West as Favourites in this game...thoughts?

Take it, the bays were terrible on the QB Monday. I was spewing I didn't grab the $2.80 on offer for the cocks.
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

Question for Bay supporters is the club doing anything extra at the game this weekend to help with the Save The Tigers campaign?

I know the Bays v Sturt games usually draw a decent crowd.
They waved a charity bucket around at the entrance to the North game. That was all that was noticeable.

Still remember Tony Symonds walking around the boundary waving with 4 people holding the corner of a grey blanket for his testimonial. People were throwing coins over the fence as they paraded around at half time. Maybe they could do that?
I'd happily peg a few coins at that bloke!
by Corona Man
Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Yeah I did, so I am happy with that MT. The post was as much about the potential sell off of the course. Tragic if that were to happen.
by Corona Man
Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting the weber set up, leg of lamb to go on a bit later. Spuds in the jacket, golf, footy, cycling on tele, and a nice bottle of red to wash it all down. Winter..... meh its not so bad.
We do a Weber every Sunday - I sincerely hope you use heat beads on not gas C-man...
Heat Beads are the only way to go Spargo.... I'm a traditionalist. Have told Mrs C, its un-Australian to light a weber, and NOT crack a beer!
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting the weber set up, leg of lamb to go on a bit later. Spuds in the jacket, golf, footy, cycling on tele, and a nice bottle of red to wash it all down. Winter..... meh its not so bad.
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf equipment: sticks, balls etc. what do you use and w

bennymacca wrote:What's a crossover?

Caitlyn Jenner
by Corona Man
Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

carey wrote:
Zartan wrote:People who when they talk get in your personal bubble.. ok I'm happy to talk to you but please don't get so close I feel like you're gonna kiss me!

Unless they have Blonde hair, Blue eyes, Great cans and love bondage :lol:

& they own a pub.
by Corona Man
Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My son announced last night he is getting a tat..... I said, oh yeah, whatever of. Charmander was his reply.

BTW - I don't rate that at all.
by Corona Man
Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf equipment: sticks, balls etc. what do you use and w

Getting fitted this week for a set of the new Ping G Series, excited is an understatement.

Where will these be broken in?
Not sure mate, fitting tomorrow hopefully then the turnaround depends on how much modification is needed.
If it's only minor then 1-2 weeks from Sydney. If they need a fair bit then up to a month from Arizona.

They should fly you to Arizona, fit you there... and find you a game!
by Corona Man
Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A sedulous analysis of Round 16

Reckon questions need to be asked of Ports medical staff, Hartlett was clearly concussed, i guess no way will they rule him out with Ebert already out of the game
What a ridiculous comment.

How so? Clearly concussed or at least showed signs and they didnt even do the 20 min concussion test. Complete disregard for the players welfare. Not only do you have a bunch of scrubbers running around on field, the incompetence has spread to off field
When did you last beat us?
Prelim final... You know, when it counts.
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hodge intercept marking now just for the Lols.
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Driving past the Woodville today and noticed one of the lovely busty waitresses walking in....best thing I've seen on Port Rd for a while

There's a couple there that go alright mate

Going to have to check this out.... is it everyday, or Fridays only?

Of an evening, pretty much anyday I reckon mate

FIELD REPORT

Called into the Woody Pub today for lunch, as I was in the area.... actually I wasn't really that close to be honest. So I jaunted on down Port Road anyway, to check out what was on offer.

Arrived at 12.15. Don't think I had been in this pub before. My guess is it's been somewhat recently renovated, very clean looking place. Nice outdoor area, pokies room, bistro & sports bar. Standard stuff, well appointed. A few people already eating and a few more groups arrived in the 45 minutes or so that I was there. So kitchen & wait staff were busy, not flat out.

Few lunch specials to choose from. I went the $13.00 Chicken Shnitty, chips & Salad. Pint of Carlton Draught rounded it out to a flat $20. Snitty comes with a choice of gravy - went mushroom.

Decent size feed, good chips, gravy ok, salad - not that big a fan to be honest, but even so it was ok. Really for $13, I had zero complaint.

As for the eye candy....... Perhaps I went on the wrong day. I guess the weather is a bit cooler, but there were no "racks" on display of any great note.

I did however pop out to the front bar for my second pint, where a lovely young girl "Jess" served me. While the rack (of lamb) did not seem outstanding, I must say the rump, did however look particularly tempting!
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jimmy Bartels beard really has gone beyond hipster now... It's more in the homeless category .
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Ruggles. What a name

The correct spelling is Struggles.
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The lads in the high vis vests need to lift

Reflecting on last nights game. Geelong can still be a force this season. They just need the services of a mega experienced half forward. The sort of player who can lead the way up forward for the younger guys, pinch hit in the midfield..... then bob up and kick a miracle goal. A real Stevie J type! :)
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Circum XVII

That reminds me @Carey have you sorted out your dubious travel plans from the beating heart of Melbourne, that is Avalon?
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:Some good money on offer this round I reckon :

Hawks $3.75 1-24
Roos $3-15 1-24

$$$

As it turns out I took the $$$$ as well.
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's beginning to look a lot like Fourthorn.
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Open Championship (British Open) 2016

heater31 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Geez, Grizley Adams is teeing it up in the open... Who the **** is that bloke?

oi leave Andrew Johnston alone if he wins its a week long bender for him! :lol:

Fair enough... I go on week long benders now if I can get 40 stableford points.
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2016

You may not like us, and there are plenty that fall into that category, but the way the Hawks continue to find a way to get it done is impressive.

Earlier this season I suggested Silk Burgoyne would be pensioned off, come season end. But once again, he steps up and proves I am wrong on that call. He is bloody cool under pressure when the Hawks chuck him onto the ball when its getting tight.

Say what you like about the umps. A few things though. I reckon I saw 2 or 3 Swans boys fair dinkum chuck it last night, not pinged. Some say S Mitchell does as well. Reckon if you look closely he has quick hands & they are legal. Either way, its swings & round-a-bouts. Another thing.... like someone to show me where in the rules of Australian Football it says "the free kick count should be even"..... If you are first to the ball, and you pressure & tackle well, you get rewarded. It really is that simple. Maybe there are a few Hawks blokes who have worked out what they can & can't get away with & the play to it. Smart play the if that's the case. I would go as far as saying they also recognise when an Ump is out of position to make a call, and play it accordingly, once again - smart play.

As for the Swans ruckman who decided he would just go for a casual stroll around the Hawks forward line early in the last quarter (pretty sure it was the last) that's just plain dumb..... Poppy will run you down every day of the week.

Everyone (even Hawks fans) gets sick of Bruce's ejaculatory speech when Cyril is playing. Err it's not Cyril's fault Brucey can't keep it in his tweeds. I thought the outside 50 goal last night was beyond the little blokes distance.... he surprised me with the length of that kick.

Top 2 looking good, and playing a decent brand of Footy now. 6 more rounds to fine tune, and while I reckon plenty will have a giggle.... I wouldn't mind seeing Schoenmakers slip back in as another tall forward option or swingman down back. The Hawks still miss that tall marking (Roughy) target.
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Crazy horse....

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Gentlemens Gallery - King Street is my tip.
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Spargo and Dutchy are probably smashed also

For their sake... I hope so!
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$9.50.... **** that, don't spill 'em
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Jeez north have really fallen off the wagon

So has Carey
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has Carey even made it to Eddie Head yet?
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

2017 Thailand trip... Outbound flights booked today on QFF points.
by Corona Man
Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

This car sighted in the car park at Regency Park Golf Course.

So he is alive, and having a hit today!
by Corona Man
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Don't want a swedge, so it's installation 18 of 2016.

Booney wrote:Stupid Collingwood and their stupid 1st quarter.

Stupid Sexy Flanders..
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fun runs

Calves & ankles held together this morning. I have been nursing them through my 5 k runs the past 3 weeks. Got back to a sub 30 minute time which is of course not quick by any stretch. Long way off my PB, but feeling a bit stronger in the last 1.5k's was nice.
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arranging a work trip to Melbourne that allows me to stay on for the weekend to catch the Hawks V Dees at the G in round 20.
by Corona Man
Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arranging a work trip to Melbourne that allows me to stay on for the weekend to catch the Hawks V Dees at the G in round 20.

Just make sure the airport is Tullamarine not Avalon hey Carey ;)
Absolutely a wise old owl like me won't make that kind of rookie mistake. Also arranged to drop the hire car back in the city at 12 noon... Beers at the G... Get the shuttle bus from spencer street back to Tullamarine... Beers in the Qantas club. Mrs C to collect me no doubt 3 quarters smashed and drive me home.... It's all in the planning lads!
by Corona Man
Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

So is Boomer selfish, in the same way Steve Waugh was perceived as selfish?

Watched a little Boomer highlight package last night.... My favorite play from his entire career was when he breezed past Jaensch. Reminded me of a Simpsons episode.... You could see the exact moment he broke his heart.... And stopped chasing. Enough to make a bloke loose his passion for the game. When a bloke 10 years your senior, makes you look slow!

Well played Boomer. Thanks for the memories.
by Corona Man
Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 with alacrity

Just having a bit of a think about Tucky... Reckon I was at the game when he broke KB's record. It was at the G, reckon we played the Dees.

A lad I worked with at the time was mates with Tony Hall, who was coming back from his knee injury. Got us tickets to the game, into the rooms pre game and back to the club at Glenferrie.

Long time ago, was a bit of fanfare but nothing like the carry on this week. Which is a reflection of the modern game and a bigger media interest.
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Bad weekend Corona???

No mate had a cracker.... Just over the Adelaide media. Rant over.
by Corona Man
Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Strolling out of Crown roughly a "hundge" up after a feed and a couple of frothies. May chuck that straight on the hawks on Satdy.

Shout out to James & Mariah, thanks for your ho$pitatily!
by Corona Man
Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Indubitably, round 20.

Pre game routine... Steak and chips washed down with a couple of froths. More Dees fans than Hawks in the Duke ATM...
by Corona Man
Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Corona Man has just gone bunta in the stands

Correct... They close the bars at 3qtr time!
by Corona Man
Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stick the footy up ya ar$e!
by Corona Man
Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flight home delayed 45 minutes... Fair dinkum smashed.. :D
by Corona Man
Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Crazy horse....

Gentlemens Gallery - King Street is my tip.

Lonsdale St ;)

We are both correct JK... Corner of Lonsdale & King Streets.
by Corona Man
Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olympic Games - Rio 2016 - XXXI Olympiad

Gold to the Aussie 4 x 100 freestyle girls in a new world record time.

Australia on top of the overall medal tally.

2 gold, 1 bronze.
by Corona Man
Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bum Crack wrote:Great win by Melbourne. Looking more likely that Hawks will finish around 6th and gunna be hard to win a flag from there.

Think you are onto something here BC. The Hawks are undoubtedly the worst ever 3 peat premiers to be sitting on top of the ladder after 20 rounds. Disgraceful.
by Corona Man
Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Beach Volleyball...
by Corona Man
Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |