Search found more than 2484 matches

Return

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

^ so you've not been scratched on vets advice MT?
by Corona Man
Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Cats are being screwed by the umps. Doing a good job to be in front

Not according to the Chinese media.
by Corona Man
Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please kick it to Toumpass again... Just for the Lols!
by Corona Man
Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Echunga B grade scored today... Red tins all round!
by Corona Man
Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond 2016

JK wrote:
Dog_ger2 wrote:If they could only find their best every week.

Any week would be a start

Any season even.
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

And how good is the weather today... Spectacular, and it's even better tomorrow. Dawn service, round of golf, home in time to watch the game from the G and a beer or 7....
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The AFL is set to announce "full and complete" refunds for those who attended Domain stadium today. "We feel this is the appropriate action for any patrons in attendance who expected an AFL standard game to break out". In other news Chinese broadcasters are proclaiming the Power Vs Cats game last night to be a ratings smash. It is understood however, many locals tuned in believing this to be a " spin off" of the local MKR production... My Kitten Recipes.
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Has anyone listened to, or cared about Wayne Carey's opinion in the past 5 years?

Yes.

Your opinion I rate... His... Umm no thanks!
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5: Glenelg v Adelaide - Sunday 24 April @ Gliderol

Really good game of Football; Crows just had the answers at critical times of the game, including when we got within 3 points late in the 3rd. Competitive losses are waring a bit thin though; must win at Prospect next week. From memory the crowd was 3,787.

How did the incident with Otten come up on tv? Heard our guy could be in trouble.

Well isnt that the most contradictory, confusing post of all time???
That can happen when you turn up to a game as a supporter of BOTH teams!
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So a possible holding the ball in front of goal not paid... It does happen in other games... Who knew!!
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jack Viney... Better than handy..
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day 2016

At our minutes silence.... All you could hear was magpies... An omen perhaps?
by Corona Man
Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heater31 wrote:Mason Cox slots it from 20m out...

The first time in history an American has entered the battle early...
by Corona Man
Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

The worst thing was it was quiet through the front 9, then a group of oldies in Comp wouldn't let me play through.

Complete disregard for any golf etiquette.......

But yes, might as well start high and make the most of it.

Turn those pars into birdies Corona and then your winning
One par was a chip in... Had some make able birdie puts but couldn't get them to drop.

Driver has gone off the boil of late... Mid irons good.

Can never seem to get it all happening at once. No matter beers cold!
by Corona Man
Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

[/quote]
In brief, I'll back the "system", it beat Hawthorn twice in 2015, the process works when all are in form and pulling* in the same direction. At the moment it's form and personnel. [/quote]

It certainly was interesting that you beat the Hawks both times last year. That says the talent exists, and that your group CAN get up & get the job done. The fact that they drop games to likes of Carlton last year, and GWS this year, in the fashion they did says something is not right. Pretty easy to say its mental application. If we could all easily identify the issue, and correct it.... we would be in the coaches box.
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't know where you're getting 3 year old from, we don't know what age these kids were, it hasn't been mentioned.

Anyway, would you guys take your kids to a dawn service/have you taken them to a dawn service and if so how did they go with it?

My kids have come with me since they were quite young.... maybe 5 or so. They are now 21 & 18, and still come. I don't recall any behaviour problems with them, but maybe I was lucky, or have forgotten. Saw a bloke in our local supermarket in the weekend. Young bloke (probably 2 or 3) throwing a complete wobbly. Dad said ok mate I will leave you here and walked out. Kid screaming on the floor. Dad only just went out the door, and came more or less straight back. Kid kept going off. Sometimes there is not much you can do with a kid, who just doesn't want to be wherever you are.
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:people who are bitching about the 3 year old making noise, obviously don't have a 3 year old. Or any experience with kids!!!

I have had a couple of 3 years old once.... the good news is they grow up, learn right from wrong, and now I can proudly say wouldn't miss an Anzac Day service. Job done!
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because, even though they don't know what it's about it soaks into them, and becomes part of their psyche. One day they'll get it and all of that work you've done will result in kids like Corona's who keep the flame of respect alive.
You don't not take a kid to the footy because they don't understand it, why would you not take them to an Anzac Day service?

My eldest is nearly eight. She's come to two with me now. This year she asked several times in the lead-up if she could come.
I'm very proud of her. It is just another thing in our lives that keeps us close together.

Not wanting to get too far off topic here.... I reckon its really important to put stuff like Anzac Day, and maybe even religion in front of kids, and let them form their own opinions. I don't force my kids to come along to Anzac Day. They come along of their own accord. My kids go to/went to a school with a religious focus. It's not really my thing, but if my kids want to follow that path then that's fine too. In terms of Anzac Day - my lad is a Essendon follower, he even wears his Essendon gear to the morning service, has done for the past 5 or so years. I reckon he feels an affinity with the day through the game & Sheedy as much as anything else.
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Titus O'Rielly on the Anzac Clash:

Just goes to show, when it comes to drugs, stick to illicit, not performance enhancing.
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Ouch....I always fear the 2nd shot after a cracking drive

Hardest shot in golf, the one AFTER hitting a good one!
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Not being able to decide which golf courses I'm going to play in Thailand so I'm doing all 3 I couldn't split!
What a terrible problem to have!

Which 3 are you playing?

Red Mountain, Phuket Country club and Blue Canyon.

Really wanted to play the Blue Canyon for the lay out and sites. Heard huge reports on Red Mountain so they had to be on my list and by all reports Phuket Country club is the most beautiful course in Thailand (Just hope it doesn't have 'hidden surprises' like other Thailand beauties ) LOL ;)

Leave Australia Oct 23 return Nov 10

My misses isn't aware yet that my punters club leave Australia Oct 25 till Nov 8, Who would've thought!

absolutely can't wait.....
Ummm - big hands, large adam's apple, taller.... they are all give aways, along with a dick, of course!
by Corona Man
Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6.... free kick to Hawthorn

what just one free kick?
by Corona Man
Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We seem to have gone a long way off topic now......
by Corona Man
Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

I see the Voice is coming back for another season...... FFS

Disclaimer:- I am not a fan of reality TV shows at all.

The bad news for me is Mrs Corona, and Corona Daughter love the show, just as well we have something like 5 TV's in the house! I F**&ing hate it. Just like I don't listen to cover bands, I don't want to listen to someone who is "good" at Kare-oake, or spent the last 12 months busking in the Bourke Street Mall. As for their "journey" - please, spare me!

I could however spend a considerable amount of time "looking" at Delta Goodrem. Don't want her to talk, don't need her to sing.... just smile & laugh. She is a nice looking bird.
by Corona Man
Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Ov

I have been away at Sci Fi conventions last few weeks so I have missed the matches, what is the likelihood of South keeping it's winning streak and will there be a crowd greater than 1000 people?
So there wasn't a time machine at the Sci Fi convention to take you back to 1964?
If I had a time machine, I would go back to 1965 and take out Peter Mead prior to the 2nd semi.
Where would you go... Dinner & Movies?
by Corona Man
Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond 2016

The latest from Titus O'Rielly - classic...

In an embarrassing ‘administrative error’, the Richmond Football Club has revealed Damien Hardwick’s contract extension is actually until the end of 2081, not 2018 as originally reported.

Under the contract, Hardwick will now coach the Tigers until he is 109 years old.

“Upon examining the contract, it appears instead of writing 2018 everywhere, we wrote 2081,” said Richmond CEO Brendon Gale.

“The work experience kid we got to do the negotiations and draw up the contract has already completed their two weeks here, otherwise we would sack them immediately.

“While it’s not what we set out to do, the stability it provides is amazing, we can really plan for the long term now.”

A source close to the negotiations said the mistake may be a result of the Tigers insisting on completing all paperwork using crayons.

Paying out Hardwick is now beyond Richmond’s finances until at least the mid 2060s.

Richmond president Peggy O’Neal said it was actually a positive that Hardwick now had the rare opportunity to develop youth at the club over the long term.

“This typo has actually enabled Damien to focus on the kids and even the yet to be conceived children of those kids.”

“He can immediately commence planning for the day he will coach Jack Riewoldt’s grand children.”

Richmond fan Sally Burton said the revelation was ‘disappointing’, a ‘nightmare come true’ but ‘not surprising’.

“Really, I’ve probably seen worst stuff ups by a Richmond administration. I mean Tambling.

“I suppose if you take enough steps backwards you could eventually end up where you want to go.”
by Corona Man
Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Booney, Corona Man and mickey so far make up the team. Sort of an unofficial SA Footy golf day.....

Looking forward to it.... will get a bit of practice in tomorrow, hitting with one leg in the air, to simulate Mt Osmond conditions...
by Corona Man
Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Is Dermie auditioning for Flock of Seagulls?

I was going Duran Duran myself...
by Corona Man
Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IIRC the average AFL career is something like 70-80games. Anyone who can play 300 games must have had something to offer.
by Corona Man
Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TROTS Talk

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Just heard Jim Jacques on the radio, I hope there is a reserve caller on course, cos I fear he will lose his voice again

I remember when that happened... He was calling and then just said stuff it and stopped mid race, bloody funny!
by Corona Man
Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well that's a fair kick up the ar$e well played GWS, too good on the day. Everyone needs a kick up the kyber every now and then so take it in the chin, learn from it and get set to return the favour when it really counts...
by Corona Man
Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Are hawthorn just an average team that has got lucky the past 3 weeks?

The only real game they have been hawthorn like was the west coast game

Three peat premiers are an average side... Stop it Benny... You're killing me.. Seriously have you recently had a frontal lobotomy?
by Corona Man
Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6: North v Glenelg - Sunday 1 May @ Prospect Oval

COCKS get up..... In the Ressie's 14.8 to Bays 13.7
by Corona Man
Sun May 01, 2016 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really enjoyable day of golf, great company. We fell short of the prizes but who cares. Thanks for the day Booney sensational.
by Corona Man
Fri May 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

People that can't take or even understand a joke... Seriously grow up!
by Corona Man
Sat May 07, 2016 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Backed up today following on from yesterday at Mt Osmond. Must say that Mt Osmond was way better than I remember it, was presented in very good nick yesterday , greens were running quick. Today back to my home deck... Started well had a crap patch in the middle of the round. Finished ok to play exactly to handicap... Which to be honest is a couple more than it should be. Golf 2 days straight... Back hurts , legs hurt... Pretty stuffed actually. A few coldies and watch the footy tonight... Great way to recover. Carn the Dogs!!
by Corona Man
Sat May 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haha nice report Boon.... how good is your memory, I didn't see you taking notes! Yes second shot on 18 was my Taylor Made Hybrid, IIRC my gps showed about 190 odd to the centre of the green... that one came out real sweet. We weren't that far off with a couple of the eagle try's.

The oysters....I managed 4 or 5 of them, washed down by a cheeky Riesling while waiting for the group in front to get going. Didn't get to test the theory as Mrs Corona had toddled off the bed, before the Hawks/Tigers game had finished Friday Night!

As for your 4 iron Booney.... I only "heard" it land, I didn't see it. You did make a nice putt there to beat the pro, you should have got the wine, not Bill with his shot in. That hole kind of summed up our day... we all hit good shots onto the green.... when we hit bad shots, we did it all at the same time.... on the same hole!
by Corona Man
Mon May 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bum Crack wrote:I'm getting in early. Crows fans booing Dangerfield Friday night and all the other tripe that will be coming out of their mouths. Hopefully he tears em a new one.

Lets hope he has 40+ disposals, that's a lot of booing.
by Corona Man
Mon May 09, 2016 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Players Championship 2016

Australian Jason Day has shot e record equalling 9 under par 63 on the opening days play at the Players Championship. Will post a more detailed review at the close of play, but that's a great start!
by Corona Man
Fri May 13, 2016 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Players Championship 2016

^ correction... Looks like there has been a weather delay and I've just watched an hour of replays...FFS!
by Corona Man
Sat May 14, 2016 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Not being able to connect to my own home internet because daughter has changed the name from TelstraF52698 to Pretty Fly for a wifi

That's gold!

No it's crap... Effin crap
by Corona Man
Sat May 14, 2016 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8, mate.

Spargo wrote:Will golden boy Parker get looked at for his late, head high hit?

You mean "Parker" (fat Asian chick rolls eyes)?
by Corona Man
Sat May 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not being able to connect to my own home internet because daughter has changed the name from TelstraF52698 to Pretty Fly for a wifi
by Corona Man
Sat May 14, 2016 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

bennymacca wrote:They have played 62 games between them. Not sure what is so funny there corona man.

Crouch...as in bending down, and not standing up....it's a complex play on words I know...
by Corona Man
Mon May 16, 2016 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gore started the season very well getting heaps of it for the Raven, in the mid field. Dropped off a little the past few weeks. I am looking forward to the kid getting a crack at the big time. Why not this week? Take him up to the Gold Coast & let him find his feet at the level, rather than chuck him in the deep end at either AO, or in Melbourne.... they could do a lot worse than getting a game into him!
by Corona Man
Mon May 16, 2016 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

US Open Golf 2016

The Oakmont Country Club will host the 116th US Open Championship.

Jordan Spieth is the defending champion, having won the 2015 edition at Chambers Bay.

Oakmont is a tradition style course for hosting a US Open, and is the course that has hosted this championship the most times.

Last played here in 2007, Angel Cabrera was the winner. In 1994, Ernie Els came out on top. The 1983 edition was won by Larry Nelson, while in 1962 Jack Nicklaus was victorious.

The US open gets under way on Thursday June 16, 2016.
by Corona Man
Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
Dutchy wrote:When is Scott Thompson going to announce his retirement?

Was awesome for the first 6 rounds of the year, and to be honest we still need him as the crouch boys aren't there yet.

Could see him playing next year too

It really is time for those Crouch boys to stand up...... bahahahaha
by Corona Man
Mon May 16, 2016 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Out of curiosity I checked my card against stableford and this week's comp which is par.
Racked up 42pts and +12.
If I replicate that on Sunday I will be delighted

Not to mention - well & truly in the prizes!
by Corona Man
Wed May 18, 2016 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |