Search found more than 2485 matches

Return

Re: Round 9 in all its folderol...

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Yep, cos then they will definitely miss the Virgin flight!!! But at least it will be morale building

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Good point, oh well they can jump on a flight to Bali instead.
by Corona Man
Fri May 20, 2016 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

Booney wrote:What's worse, Adelaide choosing VB at the selection table or someone choosing VB at the bottle shop?

You can get it setting up the the zone....
You can get it talking to Don on the phone...

You can get it when you throw in the towel...
Matter of fact Don's got it right now....
by Corona Man
Fri May 20, 2016 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:$14 k

Beers on MT... I'll have a Corona thanks!
by Corona Man
Sat May 21, 2016 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Yeah you can have a home brew blonde, similar to a Corona

Does it have a rack like the chick on TV?... Note FO cockwads!
by Corona Man
Sat May 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: England vs Sri Lanka

heater31 wrote:Jimmy Anderson grows another leg in English conditions.

That must make his run up a bit awkward!
by Corona Man
Sun May 22, 2016 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dees doing it easy ATM
by Corona Man
Sun May 22, 2016 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Coaches - Who is the first to get sacked?

On the surface, Ross Lyon has lost the plot, but he got a 5 year deal at the start of the year? Right? Bit hard to flick him now if that's the case. His presentation to the Freo board must have involved a lot of smoke & mirrors!
by Corona Man
Sun May 22, 2016 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

32 points Saturday... Mixing up whipes with 3 pointers. 14 on the front, 18 on the back... Peeled off 4 pars in a row, and had it not been for a 3 putt (groan) on the last would have had 5 pars in a row... Course in good order. Sneaky chance of a hit mid week, as a tune up for opening round of pennant.
by Corona Man
Sun May 22, 2016 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Buckley and Hardwick getting contract extensions this year is just puzzling.

I can see merit in Buckley as he has a young list and he is developing their list for a crack in 2-4 years time.

Hardwick is the complete opposite, no idea how he escapes so much of the spotlight. Where are the Richmond kids coming thru ?
From what I can make out, like the buses & trucks, smashing their heads on the Montague Street Bridge
by Corona Man
Mon May 23, 2016 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's not really what I meant... I was suggesting that a predominantly Melbourne based corporate crowd would/could find it boring, without a Victorian based team playing... Be that Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn etc. . The reality is, we are going to see GWS in a GF sooner rather than later I suspect. Good luck to them. Personally I will watch the GF every year regardless of who is playing.
by Corona Man
Mon May 23, 2016 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

cracka wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:What is the cost to go watch a game?

$7, but you get a free budget with entry. :roll:

I would happily pay $10....if I didn't have to take a budget!
by Corona Man
Tue May 24, 2016 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Good on Jonas for fronting the media yesterday, showed some conviction
Yeah hes probably not a typically dirty player as such just made a bad decision. However he still needs tk be accountable as Gaff was knocked out duebtl his brain snap.

wasnt Rance deemed as piss weak for apologizing via a media conference?
Reckon I heard/read that both Rance & Jonas contacted the players they hit directly (by phone/text) before the public apology etc via the media. It's all very stage managed, and most likely driven by the big end of town at Docklands. The clubs & the players are puppets.
by Corona Man
Tue May 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone once told me the best thing about a 5 year plan.... was you don't have to do anything for 3 years.... sound familiar - like the tigers of old...
by Corona Man
Mon May 23, 2016 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 and a sesquipedalian word from Spargo.

Spargo wrote:Sesquipedalian - I nod in silent acquiescence.

Yes, I believe the bar has been raised. Tough act to follow next week.
by Corona Man
Wed May 25, 2016 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

One of my favourites was when he was on Parkinson circa early 1980's
He greets him on set with a handshake and notices Sir Les has something on his hand which is now on his as well.
"Don't worry about that, it's just some suppository" Sir Les quipped, "I'm meant to use an applicator but I've just been using my finger..."
:lol:
Very good.... I seem to recall that one as well. I was always been taken, so to speak, by the presence of the "package"...
by Corona Man
Thu May 26, 2016 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Original post updated with previews.

And.... it's another cracking instalment. Thanks for taking the time Boon.

"That name again is Mr Plow"...advertising gold.
by Corona Man
Thu May 26, 2016 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

^ she is a welfare mum for sure. Think he works in the mines. Fly in, fly out.... fly undone!
by Corona Man
Thu May 26, 2016 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It appears the Kangas have gone all out on their indigenous jumper for tonight. What's the problem here... Could'nt find a graphic designer who would knock something together for a tenner and a free ticket to Etihad when they play GWS??
by Corona Man
Fri May 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swans just about the smash this wide open...
by Corona Man
Fri May 27, 2016 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State Team

When I'm reminded that G. Cornes is coaching/selecting this team I can't help but think of Monty Burns.

"I'm afraid all those players have retired and...passed on. In fact, your centre half back has been dead for 130 years.."

http://static-media.fxx.com/img/FX_Networks_-_FXX/686/334/Simpsons_03_15_P3.jpg?resize=600:*
Did he pick Allan Bartlett again?
by Corona Man
Thu May 26, 2016 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sydney v North –

Two FNF blockbusters in a row for the Swans and this one back on familiar turf. It aint easing beating the Hawks anywhere, but the Swans last week beat them and did it well, they controlled the game most of the night and their back half was sensational. At Arden St - “Evening sir, you’ve been randomly selected to make yourself look silly, blow into this until I say stop, please”. Silly lad. On his P’s and .133. Not a good look. A more complete 4 quarter effort from the Kangas last week, they needed to show some intent against a lesser opponent. Big test here though and a belter to kick off the round again.

The Swans hardly need to add any strings to their bow, but they did with Gary Rowan making his way back into the side. He’s got pace to burn and adds another dimension to the Swans forward half. Like they need that. Heeney the albino surfey looking dude is a gun in the making and he plays as the third of fourth forward....pretty handy and how good are his hands? I mention Tippett pretty regularly, again he took control of the game against Ceglar and McEvoy, he did this in the middle and forward. He’s in ripping form. They’ll hope Richards comes up from his knock last week as they’ll need him on the North tall forwards.

Sitting 9-0 but seemingly just outside of the premiership talk, not sure why. Two prelims, two games clear on top, but in reality they’ve only beaten Adelaide and the Dogs as far as sides of any note goes. They only beat Melbourne by 5 points....so while you can only beat who you are playing at the time, here comes the test. Sydney, Richmond, Geelong, Hawthorn and Adelaide before the bye and we’ll know in 5 weeks if they’re genuinely the team to beat or if they’re top 4 material and will box it out with the others. The first of many tests this week and they’ll be without the important foil for the big men forward, Higgins, for at least another 7 weeks. That changes their set up.

While one thing has nothing to do with the other, the Swans will want to pay them back for the Roos beating them in the finals on home turf in 2015. Sydney by 22 points ( Sydney $1.38 Kangas $3.10 )

It appears your fluid testing apparatus may be in need of some minor calibration Boon. It produced a result that was 4 points off!
by Corona Man
Sat May 28, 2016 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I tipped Melbourne... What sort of Pelican am I... ****wit! :oops:
by Corona Man
Sat May 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Freeling by 52 pts at 3/4 time.

BMac playing a blinder at CHF??

Probably blind on the couch;-)

Be in fine form at AO tonight then!
by Corona Man
Sat May 28, 2016 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

GWW wrote:Tony Shaw is probably the worst although I dont hear him commentating much these days, which is a good thing.

As a comparison, Ive quite enjoyed the commentary on "The Winners Rebooted", especially Doug Heywood.

I enjoy hearing Clarke Hansen as well... Good ole days.
by Corona Man
Sun May 29, 2016 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:We have none
Flat track bullies

Nah that title goes out west...
by Corona Man
Sun May 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

My plans for a 2017 Holiday coming together nicely...
by Corona Man
Tue May 31, 2016 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SOO 2016

State of Origin is upon us.

Game 1 - Wednesday June 1
Game 2- June 22
Game 3 - July 13
I'm in Qld today and tomorrow... All I've heard about all bloody day on the radio....
I was surprised at the interest in the NT for this. People would decorate their house in the colours of NSW or Qld.....mostly Qld ;)

The pubs & clubs would put on huge shows to watch it.
To make matters worse Avis have given me a NSW plated car to drive around in. People are pulling up next to me at the lights and yelling...."Queenslander" at me, and flipping me the bird.

They get pretty fired up about it in the banana state. Unlike their AFL teams.
by Corona Man
Tue May 31, 2016 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

7.30 tee off this coming Saturday first hit in 6 weeks! :shock:

And it's a Par event :twisted: I hate Par.
Yeah, Par is probably not the ideal game for a first up from a spell hit. I actually like playing par. I treat it as match play against the course. Often my better rounds come in Par comps.

Hope the weather holds out Carey.
by Corona Man
Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Image

Nice, in fact she looks like a keeper.
by Corona Man
Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 and some hullabaloo

Can we please go back to the thread titles that have me scrambling for the thesaurus?
by Corona Man
Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Political advertising

I have always found it amusing when a politician is introduced as.. "The right, honourable" such & such...

I am yet to come across one, of either persuasion, that fits that description.
by Corona Man
Wed May 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Called in on one of my customers who is based in Port Adelaide. At 8.45 this morning bloke standing on black diamond corner with a red tin on the go. Well played sir. Enjoy your day.
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Getting return flights to Melbourne for $130 in July to watch the Roos v Port.

Starting to think you may have posted this in the wrong thread. Would "things that give you the sh1ts" been more appropriate?
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kicking back in my spa (temp set to 38.5) sucking down a namesake....I rate this very highly on a Friday night.
Will you be watching the match from the spa?
I have been known to bring a TV out here in the past. No tonight is one for the big screen. If only to enjoy my lads company (bombers man) who knows they could get us!
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confabulate upon Round 12

A selection blow for the Dees with Travis Cloke dropped by Collingwood for the Queens Birthday game.
by Corona Man
Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:I hate that horse!

I don't!
by Corona Man
Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11 - Glenelg v North @ Glenelg

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Looks like there will be a decent crowd today

Agree, just got here looks like a good turn out MT
by Corona Man
Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11 - Glenelg v North @ Glenelg

another grub wrote:What are the conitions like? Any breeze?

Yes and it's effin cold... Perhaps worth a goal or two to the southern end
by Corona Man
Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pseudo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Pittsburgh are Stanley Cup Champions.

Best looking trophy in world sport.

Rubbish, nothing beats the A Leagues toilet seat.

This one would come close:

Well she looks fairly pleased with it!
by Corona Man
Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Open Golf 2016

I dare say I would be pushing 150 at a minimum...... especially if caught in the church pews bunker
Yep, say a prayer or 3 if you get into them.

Its the rough that scares me :shock:

I struggle to see how the amateurs find their ball when a tournament is not on.
Dare say they leave it extra long for the US open, and cut it back down a few notches for the members. Still I get what you are saying. Years ago the Mt Compass course was a bit like that. Miss the fairway & hit another one, you just couldn't find it.
by Corona Man
Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^on all fours would be my guess.
by Corona Man
Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree heater. The other thing with the Pros Vs us Hacks, is they have not only marshalls on every hole who can act as forward spotters, but the galleries as well. When you have a rough idea where the ball may be as opposed to no bloody clue it makes the hunt a bit quicker. Had one on the weekend that I smashed way right on the first tee. Just about to give it away, when a bloke in our group says there's one over here. My ball crashed into a tree and was 80-90 meters away from where I was looking. A gallery ahead see that, not us clowns back down the fairway.
by Corona Man
Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grenville wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:
golfer-blair-oneal-model-pics-5.jpg
Blair O'Neal

Good job Kelly Underwood doesn't cover the golf.. She'd be errrr licking her lips!

Her lips?

It works either way.
by Corona Man
Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played Murray Bridge yesterday.

It's a reciprocal club for me, and an easy 30 minute drive down the freeway. This means just $10 green fee. $6 comp fee. Par comp.

Blistered a drive off the first leaving me 7 iron in. 2 putt par - happy with that start. Missed out on 2nd, then halved 3 & 4. Dropped the next 4 holes - :oops:

Got it going again on the back nine, stringing together 4 wins, all with pars. Then a ******* 3 putt on the par 3 17th, and a woeful final hole, where I was out before I got to the green left me 2 down. Still good enough to win a ball.

While Murray Bridge is probably out of the way for most, its a decent track. Mid week green fees are $24, think its more like $34 weekends etc.

The greens are excellent, and they have some very good golf holes. My only criticism is the course is a par 68.... with 6 par 3's. Some longish par 4's, and both par 5's are good risk/reward type holes.

If you are looking for a change of scenery, it's worth a look. Never had a problem getting on the course, I reckon mid weeks would be very quiet.
by Corona Man
Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Predict that Dustin Johnson will win it but if it can't be an Aussie, would like to see Lee Westwood win it as he is very consistent in the majors and deserves it imho
Dustin Johnson and Shane Lowry both at -5 heading to the back nine. Looks like it a shoot out now between those two. Westwood collapsed today with 7 over on the front.
by Corona Man
Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Dustin outright leader and then has the Golf GODs in his favour

Gets a line of sight drop from the TV tower... Who was the rules official... Razor Ray Chamberlain?
by Corona Man
Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

While we're arguing about McGuire/Wilson why aren't we giving it to this mobs coach?

"I'm not going to sit here and whinge.....but the umpires are cheats" :lol:

Anyone take a guess at the fine? I'm going $10k

Also, I can't wait to hear the "explanation". Was it "Someone who will remain nameless passed on some information that they now acknowledge they misconstrued from the information they were given".

So, a players says "They won't pay that, it's Lindsay" becomes "The umpires said they won't pay Lindsay anything high" to (Press conference) "The umpires told our players that". LOL. Good communication skills down there. :lol:

Handled beautifully by the club. I suggest the AFL Dock the Hawks the 16 illegally obtained premiership points they've been gifted and they should be stripped of the 2012 and 2014 premierships as well after the two Prelims they were likewise gifted. A hazzah for the Roos!

regards,

REB

Why stop there REB.... strip them of the lot, and kick them out of the comp.... bloody oxygen thieves!
by Corona Man
Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:My handicap goes from 33 down to a 28.9 after I went +4 yesterday

28.9!

How di you sleep at night? ;)

On that handicap.... content would be my guess!
by Corona Man
Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

5AA going into meltdown over state gov giving port 50k compo for late trains with money to be spent on fireworks and LED lights.
Couldn't agree more with the criticism...absolute joke and i hope it was not asked for by Port
Err wouldn't the state government be better off spending the 50 k on something really radical, like, perhaps the ******* trains!
by Corona Man
Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |