Search found more than 2472 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Fair enough RTRG - sometimes it takes a big man to apologise, so kudos to you there.

As an overall statement I think we all want to see the more talented players, striving to play at the higher levels. I understand your point about a player dominating a C Grade game, and therefore making it less enjoyable for the "regular" C graders, and the contest as such becoming a farce. That's not what any club wants. It's up to the clubs to be vigilant as much as possible that they are fielding their more talented players in the higher grades, and leaving the lower grades to the blokes who "should" be there, so they too can enjoy their Saturday afternoon. We all want to win, the majority realise that you can't expect to win every week, and that an even contest, played in good spirit, and a few beers after play is what we all want.... After all its community cricket!
by Corona Man
Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Thanks guys, I started to panic a little, there must have been at least 15 posts without mentioning Echunga, good work getting back on track. BTW has there been any mention of former Echunga player Peter Hooley here and his exploits overseas, I though that was a great Echunga story.
3 posts in 8 years... 2 of them about Echunga.... thanks for the contribution knuckle head!
by Corona Man
Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

^ you seem very well informed YP!
by Corona Man
Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

That's a shame I enjoy watching Gary "Lack of" Balance for a few overs![/quote]

He has possibly the worst tekkers of any international number 3. I certainly wont miss him stinking it up![/quote]
I will miss him as he's an easy wicket for our quicks but I guess Bairstow won't be any different, he will sh!t himself facing Johnson again.[/quote]

That Johnson ball to Muhammad Ali was a corker.... hope he cops one of them first up!
by Corona Man
Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

Interesting point, one that was made on Fox the other night, some players should get the luxury to call it a day where some get told, Geelong have many in this category, you wouldn't want a mass exodus in the same year, they are going to have to push some out the door unfortunately.

Bartel
Kelly
Mackie
Enright
Stokes
Lonergan
Taylor
Stevie J
Rivers

Sorry, I'm not REB. That's true.... I am interested in a Cats fans take on it... some good players on that list. My guess is they put a line through say 3 or 4 of those blokes, and start bringing the kids through..... REB?
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

^ please correct me if I am wrong, but why would the crows chase Motlop, you have E. Betts - same/similar role?
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Media

I don't get it what's the problem with the SA Footballer. I get it in my e-mail, I haven't been bombarded with spam! I have liked it on FB, sure there are plenty of posts.... but like the majority of stuff on FB, just ignore it!
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:Interestingly enough Shane Watson over the same time period (5th March 2013)

Has batted 22 times for 705 runs with only 1 not out at an average of 33.57 and has 5 scores over 50

The difference is that is about all Watson is capable of.

That and wearing out a set of batting pads before a bat
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Voges had better start making runs.
Yes, his spot might be on the line. If Rogers is good to go in the second test then S.Marsh might replace Voges at number 5.

Given the amount of "opportunities" some blokes are given.... S. Watson for example, I hope the selectors give Voges a few more games yet before discarding him.... he was our best batter in the West Indies not that long ago!
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 stuff

Basically said Ryder had 4 touches at 3/4 time and about his 3 last quarter goals that "he got lucky".

"One of the ground was lucky, the free kick ( it was a contested mark ) and the snap. I think he was a bit lucky"

Tough shit, flog. :lol:

Hmmm yep, probably better off worrying about his own troops, than criticising an ex bomber player, smacks of sour grapes....I admired the way he played, but it's hard to admire anything he has done since then. His coaching record speaks for itself (ordinary).... The bombers have many problems, and it begins (and ends) it would appear with their coach.
by Corona Man
Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Highlight of the night?

Mark Nicholas throwing to the chick to sing "Jerusalem" and Warnie going. "Pretty decent strip too, I might add".

:lol:

Yep, should have turned over right about then!
by Corona Man
Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If your bat movement goes from mid-wicket to gully you aren't going to have much success other than providing the slips with catching practice.

What happened to playing the "v" early in an innings?

The most disappointing shot was Clarkes. 5/29 and an out of form skipper chases a full wide one and "nick"....it was a stinker of a shot and the sign of a man not comfortable at the crease at all. His half pull a few balls before further evidence he simply isn't picking it up out of the hand.

Burns, Head, Abott and Coulter-Nile need a look in before too long.

I like your ins...... Clarke, for me the ball was there to hit, in good form he smashes that to the boundary, but he is no where near good form. I reckon his eye's are gone.

The batters were not playing the ball late enough. All of them were reaching for the ball in front of their pads. Good players, play it late.... in those conditions it meant by playing late you will probably play (late) and miss a bit.... but it's better than the catching practice our blokes gave last night.
by Corona Man
Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ makes for some very sad reading. I hope the selectors are aware of all these stats, and while it is unrealistic to make wholesale changes now, clearly we need to get the broom out. Have to agree with Bumble, if Siddle doesn't get a game on that pitch, he is never going to get a game. Personally I don't think we can play Johnson & Starc in the same team, they are too similar, so no variety there. Our batters were found out in the conditions. I am a firm believer that you best batter, bats at 4..... S. Marsh is NOT our best batter. Other than last night Rogers has been the rock, now he is almost on the eve of his last test match, so where to from here at the top of the order??

I think the biggest worry is not the lack of variety between Starc and Johnson but more the fact that they leak runs so you can't have them bowling together.

Hazelwood has been disappointing this series too, none of them can keep the pressure on, and I think most of us underestimated the value of harris and even Siddle for doing that for us.

I agree with you on Starc/Johnson, yes they both leak runs, for the same reason.... they are trying to produce wicket taking balls every delivery...so in that sense they don't have variety. The loss of Ryan Harris has now become oh so apparent. Siddle is unlikely to run through any team, but he will keep the runs in check, and he always gives you 100%. I'm predicting a CA review into the series when they get back home....much like last time we played over there.... for me time to move a few blokes on, and time to bring a few blokes up. I would like to see Smith bat at 4, and build the team around him in a sense. Warner stays, but needs a new opening partner, and we need a rock solid #3.... it's too late for Max Klinger, but that type of player.. Smith 4, Clarke 5, Head or Burns 6, Neville 7, Johnson 8, Coulter-Nile 9, Hazelwood/Siddle 10, Lyon 11....I'm sure there are a few other candidates out there, but it's time for Watson, Haddin & Rogers (though I want him to stay) to go... M.Marsh needs to either hold his spot as a batter or a bowler & the other string is a bonus. S. Marsh perhaps 3 season of 1,000+ domestic runs (like a few others had to produce) before he gets a look in.
by Corona Man
Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

bennymacca wrote:Cyril's Highlight reel on fox this tuesday.

What a load of wank

As opposed to hmmmm let me see..... naming a part of the ground (where football has been played for over 100 years) after a bloke who kicked a goal in his 5th game there..... Wank - the crows have it in spades!
by Corona Man
Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good response Friday night to a poor showing the previous week in the West. Will need to take it up another notch to get over Freo, and then it's game on if we can get to the big dance.
by Corona Man
Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

bennymacca wrote:Collingwood, Essendon Geelong port Adelaide all talk about winning some sort of premiership but a little by of admiration makes us arrogant? Turn it up :)

Admiration of the NATION.... not just your fans... the entire nation.... turn it up B Mac!
by Corona Man
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heave Ho.....
by Corona Man
Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Advertiser 'so disappointing' again

The Tiser's coverage of just about anything (other than 1 Adelaide AFL team) is terrible. It will be interesting to see how much coverage there is for the AFL GF over the next few days, as opposed to a few more "Danger" - where is he going stories.... and other associated AFC tripe!
by Corona Man
Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

good write-up booney

I did find your use of itunes as a synonym for this current generation quite funny though - nobody downloads music via itunes anymore! That is sooooo 2012

Gee I still do.... I thought that was a quantum leap from putting the cassette recorder next to the radio & pushing record!
by Corona Man
Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Pretty much all of them, but in some rough kind of order:-

Beers
1. San Miguel Light (low calorie, not alcohol)
2. Corona
3. Miller Draft
4. Carlton Cold (the old version though)
5. Heineken
6. Carlton Draught (cold weather beer)
7. Tooheys New
8. Chang
9. Amstel
10. Tooheys Extra Dry

Will do my top ten wines later

thanks for your top 10 most tasteless beers list, when are you going to do the list of your best? :D

nothing wrong with a tasteless lager on occasion, like after a hot day playing cricket

It's only my list....there is no right or wrong (except west end draught, or anything brewed by coopers!) I am not into heavy malty stuff with shithouse after taste....each to their own hey!
by Corona Man
Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Rik E Boy wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
In fact you could almost say.... they'll never stop, stop, stop!

Until they're top top top. And that's what they did. ;)

regards,

REB

They won the slowdown though, the most cherished trophy in the sport!
by Corona Man
Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't believe this thread has not had any moderation given the litigious nature of what is being said about the guy. I must admit the circumstances don't add up to me, despite the full page story in the Courier, I am not sure I buy the "story" as it's been told to date. What we have here is a guy in his mid twenties, who after 7 years has got sick of his job, and chucked it in. But because he is a "footballer" he must have done something wrong, and illegal to boot. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't but until the full story comes out the speculation is just that... speculation.
by Corona Man
Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footytragic001971 wrote:careful wazz and corona.
if you two keep talking like this you may get elected to the HFL board.

(Mind you these are the sort of ideas that it definitely needs.)

Clearly by the conversation we are having, we are both over qualified, and therefore would not be considered!
by Corona Man
Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2016

Hoping for a MatteeG game wrap from round 2 some time soon......

Good to see the game plan come back together after being totally taken apart by the cats in round 1.

Really enjoyed the game from Sicily..... of the younger blokes coming in, he seems to have found his feet, and "belief" that he fits at this level. O'Rourke for mine still has a little way to go.

One interesting move from the WCE coaching box was to put a bloke on Cyril this game.....maybe they watched the GF replay and thought his game deserved having someone start near him, in his general area on the ground....Genius - held him to 4 rather than 5 goals.
by Corona Man
Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

US Masters Golf 2016

It's getting closer now.... I can almost smell the cut grass from here!

I am lucky enough to have foxtel at home, and this year (starting yesterday) they have a dedicated 24 hour Masters channel. Good thing I have to go to work or I would be on the lounge watching old replays all this week. I just love the Masters!

Got home last night flicked it on, just in time to see The Shark get knocked over by Larry Mize with his chip in on the second playoff hole, of whatever year that was.... Trivia question . The playoff had 3 players, one was eliminated at the first play off hole..... any takers for a guess at who that was?

Anywho - foxtel followed that up with the full replay of the 1996 Shark meltdown Vs Faldo. Norman had a 6 shot lead at the start of the day... that evapourated quickly. I recall watching it "live" 20 years ago. It was painfull re-living it again last night!

Onto 2016 - Jason Day goes in as the #1 golfer in the world following wins at the world matchplay and at Bay Hill. Jordan Speith will be right there as defending champion. Throw in Rory McIlroy, Adam Scott, Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson, Justin Rose, plus any number of yanks and it promises to again be sporting drama at its best.

Tiger Woods will be missing with injury.

Bring it on!
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Ok thanks for the heads up.... now to find a Sunday for a drive up that way.
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cricket Aust Contract List 2016-17

Yes it looked like your family has its own team. Be great, plenty of sledging of each other. Drop a catch off their bowling and tell them to get stuffed etc. Which reminds me, I am yet to take a catch off my son's bowling, dropped plenty tho.... and does he give me shit!
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cricket Aust Contract List 2016-17

Yes it looked like your family has its own team. Be great, plenty of sledging of each other. Drop a catch off their bowling and tell them to get stuffed etc. Which reminds me, I am yet to take a catch off my son's bowling, dropped plenty tho.... and does he give me shit!

I used to cop a fair amount already, but this year my other brother came to play, so there was all three of us, and I was also skipper for the first time. So yeah, it went up a notch :D

Good fun though.

I would love to play until my lad is old enough, but thats probably 15 years away, I might be struggling to play when im 46.

Anyway, back on topic, I wish i got paid 5k a game :D

Yes - off topic - I am pushing 50, and still going through the hoops - not for $5k a game though!
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Masters Golf 2016

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Day having issues with his back. Not 100% he will play

Lets hope he can manage the problem. It flared up at the match play a fortnight ago. He didn't play in Houston last week so with some luck, he is good to go.
by Corona Man
Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20 World Cup

Spargo wrote:And they repeat themselves...

Great, I double posted.... looks like I am the flog now?
by Corona Man
Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well what an intriguing second day of play at Augusta, the wind kept blowing, and the scores went up. Only a handful of guys under par on the day.

Overnight leader Jordan Spieth held onto his lead, but by a greatly reduced margin. Sitting at 4 under through 36 holes, he leads by 1 shot from Irishman Rory Mcilroy. Spieth seemed to loose concentration mid round, when told he and his playing partners were "on the clock". Watching the coverage it looked like he was about to do his lolly! Spieth regained his composure to close out his round in solid fashion.

Meanwhile Rory at -3 has "roared" into contention, and of the leading pack seems to be the only player handling the back 9 with any confidence.
Sitting just one shot back are kiwi Danny Lee, who I know nothing about at all, and American Scot Piercy.... I know even less about this bloke!

From an Australian perspective - Jason Day at +1 is our best placed player. Day is killing the front 9, he is a combined -7 for this side of the course. By contrast he is butchering the back 9, where he is a combined +8. Cameron Smith is hanging tough at +2, recording a 1 over 73 today. Good to see Adam Scott make the cut at +4, hopefully his closing birdie gives him some confidence, going into the weekend.

Reigning US amateur champion Bryson Dechambeau is an interesting cat.....going by the commentary he has nothing shorter in his irons than a standard 6 iron shaft. Weird. Anyway he stands up tall on the "short" irons.... whatever you don't have to draw pictures as they say. Had a nice round going until a triple bogey at the 18th saw him fall back to even par.

Tom Watson, playing his last competitive round at Augusta was given a stirring farewell by the patrons around the course and on the 18th green, where Watson very nearly made a snaking birdie putt. One thing about the yanks.... they respect and honour their champions.

The cut was made at +5 - notables to miss the weekend action include - Mickelson, Schwartzel, Zac Johnson, Rickie Fowler, and Els.

Looking forward to the third round, the traditional - moving day. On what we witnessed today the moving, may well be in reverse!
by Corona Man
Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3....and they start to appear.

Anyone catch any of the Eagles v Dockers womens match? The first time ive watched a womens match and its just fricken terrible, the skills are appalling, div 7 reserves would be a better standard and they think people will watch that shit on a regular basis? Yep lets put money into that rather than grassroots development in the traditional states.
And now theres some woman on the panel of gameday on 7, just horrible.

To be fair, Nick Maxwell is also on the panel.
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another sensational days play at Augusta, high drama, and the tournament is now nicely placed going into Sunday.

Jordan Spieth remains the leader, despite a closing double bogey on the last hole. Until that point, Spieth looked solid, whenever he had a blemish on his card, he responded immediately with a birdie. Spieth leads the scrambling stats at this years Master, which is playing out more like a US open.

Joining Spieth in the final pairing Sunday is US youngster Smylie Kaufman. It's Kaufmans 1st visit to Augusta, but it clearly won't be his last. In a TV interview following his round, Kaufman admitted to still living at home with his parents, and driving a 2009 Nissan Insult.....Kaufman has managed to birdie the second hole all on 3 days so far. I only have 1 question of Kaufman, and its for his parents.....why?

59 y/o Bernard Langer, who won his first Green Jacket, before Spieth was born (can you believe that stat) has zoomed into contention with a 2 under par 70 on moving day. Langers play through amen corner today, included 3 straight birdies on 13, 14 & 15. Paired with Langer tomorrow will be Japans Hideki Matsuyama, who has puit together back to back rounds of 72.

Jason Day is still in contention just 3 shots back from the leader. Day shot one of the few sub par rounds today with a 1 under 71. Aussie Golf Fans will be up early hoping to see Day in contention coming down the stretch.

Also at even par with Day is Dustin Johnson, who could be the sleeper in the field.

I reckon Spieth will hold on and win to go back to back. Edit - apologies to Sir Nick Faldo who went back to back at the Masters in 1989 & 1990, and Tiger Woods who did it in 2001 & 2002.There will be challenges though & I expect a few will make a charge at the lead.... Here's hoping its JD.
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2016

Cracking game yesterday, and one that I thought we would drop. Reckon the Hawks just had the poise when it was needed. The doggies will gain plenty from that though. Expect them to be looking forward to having another crack at us. Bad news for Murphy, it looked bad straight away when he grabbed for the knee. Looking forward to a MatteeG wrap. Saints next week in Tassie, season starting to take shape.
by Corona Man
Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Looks like Kangy's have had a massive amount of ins this season, will take some time for these blokes to gel... great to hear you guys were competitive. Always enjoyed a beer or 3 down there & those steak sangers are awesome as well...
by Corona Man
Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

My NFC memberships finally landed today, and I was looking forward to seeing the kids faces at all the gear that was included. Eldest lad (7) takes one look and says "Next year can I have a Crows membership?"

Havent been able to eat dinner .. How do I cure him??

Make him watch their semi final vs Hawthorn in 2015... Should do the job.
by Corona Man
Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Dutchy wrote:
bennymacca wrote:They are also the biggest economy in the world and have large interests in China.

Who?

The way I read it, China have large interests in..... China!

Who knew!
by Corona Man
Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

Chatting with a couple of mates last night, one a crows fan, the other a swans supporter. The Tippett subject came up, and I asked if he will get booed.... The crows fan said yep 100%.... The swans bloke said the crows fans should be applauding Tippett.... "why we asked"...... He is taking a spot in the swans team in front of someone who can actually play, said the swans supporter.... Yep pay that one!
by Corona Man
Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 discussion

If it wasn't for Richmonds kicking, marking, hand balling or tackling.... They'd be right in this
by Corona Man
Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Toilet Paper

heater31 wrote:Rather ironic that this thread has popped up.....the bog roll shelf at Chateau de Heat ran empty on Friday.....just so happens that an Aldi catalogue turns up with the necessary product on special for 29c per roll!

Wow.... What gauge sandpaper is it?
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good chance to catch up on all kinds of odd jobs by the sounds of it
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Plenty of talk about a double disillusion coming out of Canberra... I can see many disillusioned Port fans after this.
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any chance the Chinese will envoke the get out clause of their agreement?
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reports in from Shanghai indicate that Power flags have been hung at half mast from several prominent land marks. In other news Chinese tarpaulin factories are said to be running at full capacity. :D
by Corona Man
Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ spot on Rock.... A 4 team comp in Div 1 really would be the ducks nuts!
by Corona Man
Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

MW wrote:The last time I read "the Crows are flying whilst the Hawks aren't quite firing on all cylinders" we got our arse handed to us

Let's hope that trend continues!
by Corona Man
Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

In other sad news - Kayne West has today been found alive.
by Corona Man
Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

carey wrote:Is that Hartung normally this bad?

Still better than Cheney
by Corona Man
Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |