Search found more than 1272 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Legsman has gone quite this week has he had his computer confiscated too

Just reading the banter and waiting on some factual comment.

Hearing a 12 team comp is on the table with Nairne and Mt lofty up - leaving a 6 team country comp.

Not a bad outcome given the strength of juniors and looking towards the future.

It certainly opens up some good options for night games early in the season with many of the clubs now having suitable lighting.

Sensible move by all concerned as it keeps the premier in central and keeps the good facilities in the main competition.

Good to see common sense prevail and the HFL actually do something with respect to improving Hills footy.

The HFL directors and clubs can stand tall and be remembered for showing strength and smart direction - well done!

At least now we can see if Echunga is a formidable opponent in 2015 and whether the other Central clubs are good enough to beat them.
by Legs Man
Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bassani coaching Echunga and rumours quashed.
by Legs Man
Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fixtures 2015

bout time we staart the season over one weekened....
by woodublieve12
Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is one easy way to police the salary cap issue - STOP PAYING these mercinaries the ridiculous amounts they want. NONE of them (Not one) are worth it. The clubs can put a stop to it. MOST of these guys are has beens (pardon the pun) or guys now too old for SANFL or AFL or not quite dedicated or good enough for ressies or just want to play with their mates. As a sponsor of a certain club in central I wont be putting a cent in if I see what they are mentioning transpire. They aint gonna piss my hard earned up against a wall anymore.................... I know some of the other sponsors feel the same way....................... see how smart they are hey..... our club is not the only one. I would rather come last go back to country than pay these clowns my money. I speak to many sponsors at other clubs and they are feeling the same way lately. The Echunga example is just proof of their stupidity when 6 weeks out the money ran out.................................. uh uh uh uh.........

Typical has been uneducated and uninformed statement re Echunga.

Recruited strategically and the best of any club plus got the reward.
Have invested money in facilities and juniors.
All players that were paid have received their much deserved remuneration.
Have some handy players wanting to come to the club and play in 2015 - with 2 zero points A grade players also returning.

Please put your hand up on behalf of your club and go back to country div as you have stated.
by Legs Man
Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

The bloke who made 160 is a serial offender at playing in lower grades when things get a bit tough for him in a higher grade. He was pissed that he got a duck in A2s the week before so came out to grab a bit of glory for himself in the C grade. He'll feel a bit better about himself now his batting average is up and he is once again the mighty hero of the day. Some of you blokes need to stop being whimpy little pussys and challenge yourselves to play at the highest level you can play.

I would like to appologise to the player who made 160 in the C grade last week for the comments I made on this forum. I have since been made aware that he played C grade due to family reasons which were unavoidable and necessitated that he play in that grade :oops: :oops: :oops: I stand by my general remarks on players who play in much lower grades than their ability warrants without a valid reason. Apologies again to the player concerned and well batted.
by Roxy the Rat Girl
Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ramrod wrote:Okay Roxy, Keep thinking that

A bit quiet Ramrod, thought you "Nairne" supporters would be quite chipper given your good win today and the fact you get a home final next week.
by Roxy the Rat Girl
Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks guys, I started to panic a little, there must have been at least 15 posts without mentioning Echunga, good work getting back on track. BTW has there been any mention of former Echunga player Peter Hooley here and his exploits overseas, I though that was a great Echunga story.
How about you identify which club you're associated with & start talking about them. I'd rather read Echunga people talking about the happenings at Echunga & how they think the season will go than any anti Echunga crap because of what's happened in the past past.
by cracka
Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Nothing that can be the subject of legal proceedings, but interested in the views regarding Mr Bernard Finnigan. It's all before the courts now, and while no one likes the people who dabble in "that sort of thing" its certainly taken it's sweet time to make it through the courts. All the while this bloke is claiming a wage, and a pension.... Bloody ordinary in my view.

Discuss...

http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Georges-Blind-a-member-of-the-French-resistance-smiling-at-a-German-firing-squad-1944.jpg
by JK
Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Put your head out sport. No one believes the Crows can win the flag after beating Port, including (most) Crows supporters. I know The Advertiser is bias towards SA stories and if I want to find out about Victorian clubs, I read THE AGE or HERALD SUN like a normal person.

LOL National comp....LOL

Not sure why you're trying to emphasise this.

Since 1990 there have been 25 Grand Finals, 11 won by non Victorian sides with 8 runners up from non Victorian sides.

When you consider two non Victorian sides have only just entered the comp that means of the 16 sides (1990-2015) the 6 non Victorian sides ( WCE, Fre,Adel,Port, Syd, Bris ) have won 11 flags compared to the 10 Victorian sides 14 since 1990. I think it's pretty well a national comp. Time to move on from "Oooh it's a Victorian conspiracy". That's bullshit IMO.
by Booney
Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2015 season

If it weren't for their record over the last 3-5 years we would all be expecting that this level of performance could not be sustained. We all know better than that, we all know they can keep this up.

Keep in mind they've just pumped Fremantle and Sydney and they've got Carlton, Richmond, West Coast, Geelong, Port, Brisbane and Carlton (!) in the last 7 games.

Other than Richmond and West Coast it's fair to say they could drop their current level of performance quite considerably and win the other 5 with ease. Carlton twice in 7 weeks to end the year? Nice work if you can get it.

Your lot would be thankful they don't, Booney ;)
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A couple of things I saw with the crows,

1. Need to improve kicking out from behind as we seem to kick to a pack most times and the ball is kept within the 50 .
2. Should we have another ruckman and keep Jenkins in the forward line?
3. Do we tag Ablett this week and if so, who does it?

Did you watch Sunday? You blokes took it from deep in defence to the wings without any problems at all.

I thought our kicking was excellent on the weekend, probably the best it has been all season, particularly Henderson who was very composed every time he had the ball

Except that one time he kicked it straight to Wingard from the kick in and just stood in the goal square hands on hips as Wingard gathered the loose ball and snapped a goal. He couldve prevented the goal had he not been sulking
by daysofourlives
Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

Corona Man wrote:
Benny Macca - well done on those heat maps, assuming they are reasonably accurate, they give a good insight into where players gather their possesions.

Champion data do them so you would think they would be pretty accurate
by bennymacca
Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Clarke out, Lanning in.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 stuff

How many members between the clubs? 110k? To get 27k is embarrassing for both Carlton and hawthorn. If the crows or even power got that sort of crowd against Carlton questions would be asked, so why doesn't it matter when two Melbourne clubs do it, especially two of the bigger ones?

If the crows were travelling like Carlton then their crowds would be down too. And I dare say the full house down the road would've been more appealing. You shouldn't compare a 2 team town with a 9 team town either.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian cricket & the future

Well it's time to turf out Dads Army for a start. Debuting guys at Voges' age is ridiculous. The only 'Dad' I'd stick with for the immediate future would be Rogers and Johnson. Clarke, been a great player but clearly shot. Marsh, thanks for coming. Ditto Voges, Watson and Haddin. I'd leave Steve Smith at 3.

On the Academy thing I'd move it back to Adelaide where it belongs. The Adelaide district scene is a joke so by having Academy players filling in temporarily for the Redbacks like Bevan, Alley and Berry did makes it harder for the locals to get into the Shield side. Let's reduce that particular revolving door and get the Academy back to what it should be doing.

The Shield is a worry as well. T20 has dead set killed it. No shield cricket during January means you stick with Dads army types during the test series as the young blokes have very little time to press their claims.

Have an age limit at the Big Bash. Make it for old bastards only. Get the young players playing Shield Cricket IN JANUARY. Space out the tests rather than having blocks. These guys are professional cricketers. Having the series over by January 3 is a joke.

Teeball is poison to Test Cricket, because of the apparent inability of some of our batsmen to develop an innings and for the carnage that it causes in the domestic programming. Remove the blocks, make Big Bash a retirement home or a showcase for more experienced cricketers and let the young players develop their games at the long level with an actual chance of forcing their way into the Australia Day test (in Adelaide).

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fairly impressive season. Winning a final no doubt exceeded expectations and heading in the right direction.
Will be a much tougher season next year in regards to a harder draw and probably no Dangerfield, and I wouldn't expect the likes of teams just outside the 8 like Port and Geelong go backwards.
I think when you jag whoever it is to coach, he must bring a big name recruit with him to cover the loss of Dangerfield. Plus B.Crouch must get on the park.

yeah wouldnt disagree with this.

If danger leaves, making the 8 again would be great going imo. Hopefully we can match their offer though, which will mean we will most likely get two first rounders from them.

I reckon we need to throw everything at Bennell. Outside ball using class is what we need. And possibly even Dixon. I know he has said he wants to come to port adelaide but nothing says we couldnt trump them. Though he probably doesnt offer THAT much over jenkins

Also agree with getting crouch on the park. If he can play a full season that will go a long way to offsetting the loss of danger

I don't think anyone on Adelaide's list at the moment comes even close to replacing Dangerfield. Not even close.

There's no doubt speed will be the first thing Adelaide chase, Bennell offers that but comes with baggage.

I thought he was a "coke" man, media got it wrong again?
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You think two more out of Thompson? I think next year will be it for him.

You'll soon be able to watch Dangerfield rip it from the centre square contest, turn at speed and kick it to nobody on the half forward flank / wing. It's thrilling to watch. :lol:
by Booney
Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dangerfield for bill brownless
by another grub
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I never said I liked the song, or the words that are written. I personally think most of the songs that are written for new or franchise clubs are pretty lame to be honest.

Yep, except the start of the GWS song, that is awesome! Yes, most of the sides entered since the Eagles have pretty average tunes.

Pride of South Australia, Admiration of the nation, Team for all South Aussies. None of them ever true, ever.

Geelong, "...the greatest team of all", by what measure? ( Wedgie walks in )
by Booney
Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Collingwood, Essendon Geelong port Adelaide all talk about winning some sort of premiership but a little by of admiration makes us arrogant? Turn it up :)

Could be even more unrealistic, apparantley when North Adelaide are down they fight, fight, fight! :lol:
by Wedgie
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Full marks to the Power though, at least they adhered to their song by stopping once they'd gone top.
by Wedgie
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe we can have the power to rule with aggression like some sort of dictatorship :)

When it comes down to it all songs are stupid except for Richmond and Melbourne. And nobody sings either in September :)
by bennymacca
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are the pride of Brisbane town, but not Fitzroy even though we merged with them, and not as far south as the Gold Coast, and definitely nowhere else

Yeah they say Brisbane, not QLD, where the GC is situated.

Did you know 65% of South Australians think the Adelaide Crows are a sooky, dishonest, arrogant club? I didn't know that. But there's a % sign after a number, so im gonna listen to my butthole.
by HH3
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If Dangerfield goes to Geelong and not another club I'd be genuinely surprised if you got any where near the same reaction as Tippett. At least not a dart board with his face on it on the back page of The Advertiser....

Someone from Kenilworth put this up today with the caption...

F**K YOU PATRICK DANGERFIELD!!!!

pd.jpg
by HH3
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#wefleeasone
by Spargo
Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't forget Jenkins and lynch as well that we got from other clubs.

Sloane cried on draft day when he found out he was drafted to the crows and is now the heart and soul of the club, and signed this year even after missing out on the captaincy.

Whufc you seem to have lots of opinions for a non afl fan. Not too many of them are anywhere close to the mark.
He gets a lot closer than you.
by Wedgie
Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 3 - Preliminary final week

Hawks and eagles by plenty. And than hopefully the Hawks rip the Eagles a new one with a 120 point thumping :)
by woodublieve12
Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Much like last year, quite a remarkable premier. Bottom to top within 12 months.

Kicked the last 5 goals of the match I think.
Uraidla was up by nine points at the 22-minute mark but Hahndorf piled on five goals in the last eight minutes. #10 took two very strong marks and converted both times to give the Maggies the lead and then extend it to eight points at the 25-minute mark.
by scott
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TVCA- A's and B's on the 10th.
by saintal
Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:he had a career best year for him. by his standards it was a good year.

First it was a great year, now it's a "good" year.
I reckon we can get you down to "mediocre" by midday... ;)
by Spargo
Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

Before the two sides make their way out onto the ground we have to suffer through yet another diabolical AFL pre match entertainment line up. Bryan ******* Adams will sing “Summer or 69”, possibly the worst song ever, however I have heard a whisper Eddie is having Bucks over for a BBQ and has requested “I do it for you” to be rolled out. While thanks to Channel 7 and it’s stupid bloody X Factor bollocks, Chris Isaak will perform one of his hits, “Baby did a bad, bad thing” in what might be a Meatloaf V2.0 balls up. He might play another song, but it’s unlikely anyone but he and Gill will know it.

Really? Gill McLachlan noted that both of these guys are “personal favourites”, any chance you’ve listed to music post 1990 Gill? For crying out loud, Adams and Isaak.......Angry Anderson’s bat mobile looks great all of a sudden(ly). In a token gesture to Gen Y sooks, Ellie Goulding who, I understand, is a multiple track seller in I-tunes will also make an appearance. I can’t wait, at least I’ll know who she is once I’ve seen her.

Once that is out of the way, much like the Brownlow Red Carpet, we can get on with what we are actually there for.

It all comes down to that one day in Septe....October. After 205 matches, after 6,787,633 people made their way through the turnstiles it comes down to two teams on the MCG at 2:30 this Saturday afternoon to decide who it is that goes down in history as the best team of 2015.

Hawthorn, chasing a three-peat to go with the ’08 flag making it 4 in 8 years or the Eagles, rising up the ladder from 9th in 2014 to second at the end of the minor round in 2015 to look at their first chance of glory since the 2006. It’s the big birds going head-to-head.

Stats are stats come this time of year, nerds all across the land are looking to see what advantage either team has by scouring Champion Data’s endless statistical analysis, but let’s be fair, this day is like no other and while numbers can support any argument for either side this game is more about delivering on the day what you have worked on all year.

We know both sides score heavily, the two best of the year, we know the Hawks like to use it by foot with accuracy and deny the opposition the ball by using it with great efficiency. Uncontested marks the cornerstone of their game plan. We know the Eagles will drop off the ball carrier at half back, choke you up in the middle and turn you inside out as they go the other way to a potent forward line. We’ve seen enough, we’ve read enough about these two teams to know how they go about it, how they play when it’s played on their terms and the damage they can cause.

Grand Finals are different though, they can bring extraordinary performances from players, they can make players look around for a shovel to dig a hole and bury themselves in. While these guys are professionals, while they read from the same script of “One game at a time”, “We’ll just go out to do the job like every other week”, we all know that’s bullshit. For those who haven’t been there before this can be overwhelming, it can be simply too much to handle. Fair to say, the Hawks have a decided advantage here. Been there, done that and all.

The occasion can also bring out the best in people, the players with the X Factor (not the the show), the players who can turn a game in minutes or have an impact that changes the course of the game for their side. For the Eagles the likes of Nic Naitanui, Elliott Yeo or Josh Kennedy. The Hawks with “Delicious” Rioli, Luke Breust or Jarryd Roughead.

So who are the players to watch, who can make the difference?

For mine, Nic Naitanui has the opportunity to stamp his name on the history books forever. He’s up against two capable yet cumbersome ruckman in Hale and McEvoy. Neither can go with him in the air, neither can go with him on the ground, neither can match his endurance. He’s unmatched by any Hawks big man (pretty much any big man) and can influence this game from the very first bounce.

For Hawthorn Luke Breust is an intergral part to their machine. He had a dry spell recently and that coincided with Hawthorn spluttering into the finals losing. Goalless in losses to Richmond,West Coast and Port then he bobs up with 6 against Adelaide as Hawthorn right the ship. He’s crucial to Hawthorn playing at their best. They might need to to beat the Eagles.

This promises to be a cracking match, while Grand Finals can often be lower scoring affairs by virtue of the way these teams play it just won’t be the case. The winning side will need 100 points + to take home the silverware.

I think the Hawks, across the board, have too much big game class and the likes of Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell, Roughead and Lake will not take a repeat performance of the losing qualifying final at the hands of the Eagles again this week. Then again, if big Nic Nat has a day out, Josh Kennedy makes the most of his chances and Luke Shuey wins enough in close, the Eagles are a real shot at it.

I think the Hawks, by 13 points.

For those of you who have stuck with my write ups and read them throughout the year, thank you. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.
by Booney
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kate Cebrano screws National Anthem AGAIN!!!

Corona Man wrote:Getting off topic here, perhaps a new thread for Beers of the world?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39595&p=2022827&hilit=poison+of+choice#p2022827
by bennymacca
Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

bennymacca wrote:its funny how you guys seem to bag the 'tiser all the time yet seem to know what is in it every day

Probably because we read it everyday. I would've thought anyway, Unless there's another way others know what's in it.
by carey
Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

In a lot of European countries bikes have right of way no matter what and the fault is always given to the car driver in an accident.

If you really wanna encourage riding that's what should happen, but it shows how far off we are in this country that people bitch and moan about a bike lane
by bennymacca
Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

People that think cyclists are selfish on the road are usually the most selfish and impatient drivers.
by bennymacca
Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

Got to be something more to it
Maybe it was his third strike with the club?
Reckon he has plenty of incidents under his belt.
Amazingly stage managed by the Crows, wait until just after Talia re-signs and the AGM profit results come in[emoji6]
Late on a Friday arvo too. In politics they call it 'taking out the trash.'
by Magellan
Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Afterthesiren wrote:I think you'll find it was the Cremorne Hotel and something was re-injured

He was doing the worm on the DF and ruptured the same ACL?
by Q.
Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Had a bash around my home course at Echunga this morning....it's been quite a few weeks since I was last out for a hit. While the course is really nothing special, it is in pretty good nick for this time of year. The recent rain, plus the 40mm that fell in February has done a treat.

By memory it's $25 green fee's midweek, and anyone can get on the course pretty well anytime other than Wed, Thurs & Sat mornings.

Only 40 minutes up the freeway, and worth a look, even just for a change of scenery.

Dont sell the course short there corona... have always enjoyed playing there, even if has been in the rain every time!

My brother lived in Maccy and we played there almost weekly back when the "old" clubhouse worked on the honor box system, that's some years ago now. Haven't been up there for about 6 years, but I don't recall a time that I've not enjoyed Echunga.

Well, once, when it was about 38° and we saw four snakes in 4 holes... :shock:

Gee Booney that's going back a fairway (no pun intended)..... It's 18 holes now, the old clubhouse, has been, or soon will be demolished. Only 4 snakes, they were quieter back then!

I've played the 18, the "new" clubhouse was barely settled in the dirt then though.
by Booney
Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No Crows supporter in their right mind has us top 4. We would need career best seasons out of most of the list to get anywhere near top 4.
I have us around 7-10 depending on how the first 10 weeks pan out.

Good to see someone (crows follower) who is realistic about the Crows chances....I think you are correct in your assessment, but no doubt Roo, Jars & Co will pump up the fans & fill them with a false belief to start making plans for September!

You can start making plans, Bali, Fiji, Thailand, anywhere but Adelaide Oval or Melbourne. :lol:
by Booney
Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for the tip on Echunga lads, went up Sunday morning and barely saw anyone else on the course...

...but that was probably because of the heavy fog! ;)

Greens & Fairways were in good nick, but the main thing I noticed was how the scrub undergrowth has been cleared out so I think we only lost one ball for the day!

And I must admit I didnt even go look for it after I saw how far my drive ricocheted into the scrub on 14... just re-loaded a provisional and kept going....

I'll bet this makes a big difference when it gets busy, smart move by the club!
by Banker
Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Is there an Australian Selector on duty at the game.... does anyone know?

If we get the chockies, and host the final, will Junior or Bacchus be taking an interest in the game?

Sayers is close to Aussie selection, and Head just made another ton, on what WAS a difficult wicket, with Bird a current test bowler in the line up...you'd think they would be interested... right?

Rod Marsh was there yesterday.
by DOC
Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Is there an Australian Selector on duty at the game.... does anyone know?

If we get the chockies, and host the final, will Junior or Bacchus be taking an interest in the game?

Sayers is close to Aussie selection, and Head just made another ton, on what WAS a difficult wicket, with Bird a current test bowler in the line up...you'd think they would be interested... right?

Only a week ago numerous genius's on here were calling for Head to be dropped and have the Captaincy taken off him now he should be in the Test side, makes sense.

I wasn't one of them.... not calling for him to be in the test team, but around the squad maybe....Sayers I would like to see given a go at test level, given the amount of blokes who breakdown, Sayers seems to be "sound" in that area. Mennie has had a break out season....worth a thought!
Trav off to Yorkshire for all formats given that they basically are the English Test side and are still the best club in the county championship so if he makes runs who knows what is going to happen.
by heater31
Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Drug Testing Results

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Source?

It does say 10 Adelaide players so yes, Source could be one of them.*

*Note that this is all bullshit.

The ten positive tests from the Crows were all from Matt Jaensch :lol:
by Q.
Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval

Brilliant win over the Legs yesterday. Fantastic result in front of 3009 passionate fans at Prospect. Fantastic performance by the lads and made my first game at Prospect since moving from Sydney in the off season very sweet indeed.
by RoosterMan
Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Member Levels

It's just a bit of fun with no benefits.

Posts for each rank:

0 - Mini League

50 - Member

100 - Rookie

250 - Under 16s

500 - Under 18s

750 - Reserves

1000 - League Bench Warmer

1500 - League - Best 21

2500 - League - Top 5

3500 - Veteran

4000 - Assistant Coach

5000 - Coach
by Wedgie
Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Member Levels

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:Total members 5781

Sorry Booney - I don't get that.... other than its a count of the total SAFooty membership.

Sorry mate, I thought you asked "What are the membership levels on SA Footy....?" as in members on board, my apologies.
by Booney
Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

bennymacca wrote:The Eddie betts highlight reel should be on instead :)

Please. How do I get this vomit taste out of my mouth?
by Booney
Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2016

Well that was better.

Much better intensity by all- Lewis, Smith, Duryea all much improved this week.

The skills started pretty scratchy but cleaned up as the game went on.

Really happy for the new Brigade. Langers got a heap of it, Litherland looked composed, Hartung had his best game yet. Howe looked comfortable although he didnt get a heap. Really good signs from Sicily, started to back his judgement and play his natural game. A few harsh judges on some other footy pages noted he had a squib moment or 2 last week, but no such thing this week. Keep em all in!

Mitchell and Gibson superb. Your 3 and 2 vote getters right there for Brownlow votes. Reckon Gunston was very good too, worked hard up and down the field. Rucks did well, once again showing up Nic Nat. Frawley excellent down back too.

...and how good was it seeing Gibbo finally get his first goal for the hawks! Crowd really roared that one home!

WCE were pretty flat it has to be said. Due to us? Possibly, but they rarely looked in the game.

Really impressed, looking forward to this week against the doggies. They own Etihad at moment, be good to see how we cope with a quick deck and a quick team.

Shiels possibly back, no idea who comes out. May be a raffle drawn at selection this week.
by MatteeG
Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went and played Nuriootpa on Sunday.

Shot 93, which is very good for me, especially given I couldnt hit the driver at all, and I missed probably 5 putts inside 6 feet. The 3 wood was going great guns off the tee, and my short irons were also going well. Still cant beat little bro though, he shot 92.

Good stuff. A course I have not played. Is it worth the drive for me (1.5 hours) to have a game? Can you get on the course, easily on a Sunday? Do you know what the $$ is for green fees mate?

You can easily get on on a sunday. Never seen more than 10-15 cars there. Green fees were $30

Course quality is pretty decent. Very few of the holes actually run adjacent to another, so it feels like you are in the middle of nowhere on every hole. makes for a very relaxing round.

I would say the course is a level below the very best courses in the region, (i.e Tanunda and Gawler) but the green fees are great value.

As for travelling 1.5 hours, definitely worth it for something different, but if somewhere like the vines was closer to me i would play there instead
by bennymacca
Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Masters Golf 2016

The traditional Wednesday Par 3 comp has been run and won. An amazing 9 "aces" recorded, including one by the eventual winner Jimmy Walker. Walker took out the event with a record-setting score of 8 under par 19.... that's some shooting!

Once again the par 3 comp provided the opportunity for many players to have their kids along for the day. Some great photo's about on social media.

Read a report that Rory McIlroy did not take part in the event. It seems the "jinx" of no player ever winning both the par 3 and the green jacket in the same year, is still a part of a few players mind set.

:shock:
http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2016/4/6/11380536/marsters-par-3-contest-hole-in-one-video-2016-record
by Banker
Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |