Search found 135 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Not enough chatter on here bout HCA as a follower of the comp, I might follow you A&EH guys and do some weekly predictions for matches,
With the weather looking good finally round 4 matches are as follows; (all one dayers)
SCIB V Stirling- SCIBS favourite in this match, but stirling with young gonzalez can be a tricky opposition and I have heard they have a new bowler who can bowl wheels and is one fiery customers and he could tear through a sometimes brittle SCIBS batting order in order to create an upset. However, with tarque in charge and a quality bowling side it hard to see stirling making enough runs to win against this SCIBS side. SCIBS in a closer game then expected.

Kangarilla V Mt Lofty- Lofty's batting has been really good to start the year, with Sinclair in sensational form and young healey following his captains lead. This in form batting line up comes up against one of the weaker bowling line ups, who rely heavily on Featherstone but they do have martinsen back but it is hard to see lofty not piling on a big score. Kangy's can bat as shown against flagstaff when they were robbed because of the weather, with the Thorpe brothers, Featherstone and martinsen but they will be chasing to big a score to chase down. Lofty to win comfortably.

Happy Valley V Aldgate- Happy's at happy valley is the second least enjoyable trip of the year as you have to play on the horror show that is their wicket (Worst trip is to meadows cos you always know your going out there for a long two weeks). Happy's very rarely lose at home and they have a high quality bowling line up, led by turnbull who is taking wickets for fun. Problem for them is they cant make runs unless middleton does but Aldgate don't have the bowling quality to hurt that unless young clements turns it on. Aldgate will try hard and perform above their talent level and maybe if one of their English lads goes bunter they are a chance but hard to see. Happy Valley easily.

Meadows V Uraidla- Should be a cracker the rematch of last years GF, Uraidla always start of the year slow and work their way in to the year. Uraidla have some quality young bowlers with kepa and gaetan to support brown but against meadows you always feel like they have quality batsman after quality batsman and it is hard to see them making anything less than 150 in their 40 overs. Dyl brown is the key to Uraidla's batting, generally when he fails Uraidla struggle unless rumblelow is playing, meadows are a steady bowling line up that give you nothing but if dyl could work his magic you never know. In saying that cant see meadows losing, there just to good. Meadows reasonably easily.
by batmanbegins
Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Legs Man please stop preaching to all involved in Hills Football regarding debacles involving promotion and relegation - we are all sick of it. Your club has pi$$ed off most others with your actions!!

The clubs set the by-laws every year and then vote on any amendments/full scale changes as needed. The HFL are there to observe and govern by the laws set down by the clubs. You and your club know this - as do all other clubs.

I don't want to start you off again on another crap rant or attack as we have all read your posts for far too long now. This is nothing to do with the HFL! We all knew the rules - the bottom CLUB is relegated from Central whenever the top TEAM seeks promotion - this is how you got into Central in the first place - by these same rules which your club is now in court trying to change!! If Kersbrook had have won last years GF your club would still be in Central as they have no interest in playing in Central. Lofty win - your CLUB is the WEAKEST overall so you go back to Country -* STUPID !!

edited for accuracy ;)

Its not stupid, it actually promotes a league that worries about all grades rather than just the A grade which is short sighted and ridiculous in my opinion. There are other reasons why echunga should stay up as ive already stated, but the rules arent crazy and echunga knew the rules before they come up and they actually agreed to them.
by batmanbegins
Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A couple of close games in the HCA this week and one comfortable win.
Scibs had a tight win over uraidla with young benny mac taking 6 and being the difference maker after it looked like dyl brown could have been taking the game away from them. Remarkably uraidla are bottom but cant see that lasting and scibs stay in second behind meadows.
Stirling fell agonizinly short against lofty with some lower order resistance almost clawing them over the line. Stirling have challenged two of the better sides in the past two games and will feel confident going into the christmas break of getting some wins soon. Lofty are comfortably in 4th and it is hard to see them moving out of the top 4.
Meadows comfortably over aldgate a expected but kudos to aldgate for keeping meadows to 248. Meadows have all but secured top spot really and aldgate have some big games after christmas to move up from 5th.
Flaggies middle to late order saw them chase down happy valleys score somewhat comfortably. Flaggies are looking good in 3rd but have some big games after christmas, playing meadows, scibs and lofty. Happys are struggling with the bat and it is hard to see them moving into the top 4.
by batmanbegins
Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Watching the end of the rumble, I felt bad for reigns he's a solid worker just a bit average in the mic but he's clearly not ready for a main event of wrestlemaina and that poor booking is going to hurt his popularity you can't just rush him into the main event and expect people will get behind him, especially when u have somebody as over as Bryan. Constant poor booking is hurting the product, I mean I'll always watch it but I'm finding it hard to ATM with the authority and reigns/cena being shoved down our throats. Love Rollins tho he's an incredible worker and pretty good in the mic, I reckon if he cashed in at wrestlemaina once reigns wins (which he will as surely lesnar can't continue to hold the title) it would get a huge pop, as crowds these days get behind incredible workers and not people that are forced on them.
by batmanbegins
Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another Important round of cricket coming up in the HCA in the next fortnight;

Lofty V Aldgate- Lofty need this win with flaggies next game and then the bye in the last round, so a must win to keep teams like aldgate and uraidla at bay for that 4th spot. However for aldgate it is a must win if they want to keep their finals aspirations alive, hard to see lofty losing as sinclair and healey are in good form with the bat and even though lofty struggle with depth in their bowling they should have no troubles accounting for Aldgates batting baring englishman corbett or young clements going berserk. Sinclair to have a field day with bat and ball, lofty to win comfortably and maintain control of that 4th spot.

Uraidla V Stirling- Important game as both teams must win to keep their slim finals hopes alive, gonzalez coming of a player of the tournament meyer shield is the key for the Lings batting line up, basically you get him out cheap and its hard to see them making more than 150. If van paridon, shaw and forbes play for stirling their bowling is much improved and will challenge uraidla's stars but you get a feeling Dyl brown is due for a huge score after an average start to the year which will lead uraidla to a win, plus i think uraidla have a strong bowling line up to contain gonzalez they just need to keep their extras down as they bowl far to many wides. Uraidla just but should be a cracker.

Scibs V Flaggies- Match of the round should be a cracker, Flaggies coming of a wonderful win over meadows should be full of confidence but Scibbies are a good side and just keep on winning. Flaggies appear to have depth in their bowling with petty and goulding leading the way and if they have a weak point it may be their batting but thats just nitpicking as they have been superb season long on both aspects. However Scibs skipper Mcgowan would be looking forward to wrecking more havoc on flaggies batting as well as coach tarque but the problem with scibbies is their batting and i think it may struggle against flaggies bowling, unless tarque or behn can get going. Flaggies by a whisker.

Happy V Kangys- Happy's should favour themselves at home against kangys, turnbull would be hoping to get a few more wickets to add to his ever growing tally and middleton would be hoping to make some more runs as he is their key with the bat but kangys would be optimistic of causing an upset as they have improved as of late and their batting is certainly stronger than Happy's who are incredibly weak batting wise baring middleton and featherstone would be licking his lips at their line up and i reckon he will tear through them to cause the upset. Kangys suprisingly comfortably.
by batmanbegins
Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should be a ripping competition this year with most teams improving, thought id do a review of each team to see how there lining up for the year, (bare in mind I dont know all ins and outs).

Echunga- My tip for the flag and to go back to back, highly talented and quick side plus the additions of guy, montgomery, wilson and as RD mentioned another midfielder they will be even better then last year. Going to be hard to beat and hopefully with those additions there B grade will improve, plus their juniors will continue to improve so hard to see a relegation battle this year.

Uraidla- Lost daniel ebert to kersbrook and vidic retired plus kluvanek to sturt but they still have a lot of class with ivens and delvins staying around so you can never rule them out. Also they have a lot of depth in their B grade which helps but i dont think their quick enough to keep up with the likes of echunga and lobethal now and will struggle to beat them but you never know what that grand final loss will do to a proud and highly competitive group. Cant wait for their first game against echunga this year will be a ripper!

Lobethal- Losing johnson hurts as he was a big key for them last year, Luccon will offset that loss if he decides to quit norwood and play for them. Either way though with baust returning they are my tip to play echunga in the GF as they are highly talented led by nitchske and the jenkin brothers. Im excited to see them play echunga also as there is plenty of bad blood between the two sides.

Mt Barker- Havent heard much out of the barker camp but its hard to imagine they havent been recruiting, to cover the loss of pope (out for most of the year with an ACL). Had a horrid run with injury last year with block, hughes and pope missing big chunks of the year, but with a fully fit side they are still one of the better sides in the comp and there is no doubt they will be up there again this year as they have a a lot of talented players.

Blackwood- Lost eagle, Karkouer and Ahmat-Watkins but have two big ins with Bricknell and Thompson. I can see them improving as there recruits are upgrades over last years especially bricknell who will be one of the best players in the comp, they also have so much depth with their b grade being miles better than any other B grade which helps offset injuries. I reckon another middle of the table finish for them though as they lack the class of the upper echelon of teams.

Ironbank- Kept Motlop and added Hitchcock and De Visser but lost Mcgahey who is an underated loss even though his football ability isnt what it once was, he added a lot of experience and composure to the midfield. In saying that though Hitchcock is a big pick up and will kick a lot of goals, giving more support to motlop which was lacked last year. Its about time they moved up from the constant 6-8 position and made a splash in the finals as they continuously under perform.

Torrens Valley- Gained Hanna from Gums and Boras from Broadview (I'd hate to see how much they paid Boras as that bloke asks for a lot of cash) but i believe they lost dale ellis and the Jordan Brothers. Keeping O'sullivan was key as once he arrived they improved significantly and were one of the better sides in the second half of the year. Boras will just take over Dale's spot and kick a lot of goals meaning they wont miss dale to much. Will be interesting to see if they play on the shit hole of an oval all year round also as that gave them a big advantage.

Onka Valley- Gained Grocke for the second half of the year and obviously Mcgahey will play as well as coach, not sure if they have lost any players but i reckon they will improve on last year as Mcgahey will get them super fit and even last year once they got all their players back from injury they improved significantly. Will be much better than last year but still middle of the road for mine.

Hahndorf- Gained hourigan and Wittwer whilst losing big Dan roberts with some older guys retiring. Will be better than last year as im assuming most of their players wont be travelling overseas again but hard to see them improving so much as to make the finals. They will just keep geting games into all their talented youngsters and will get better in the years to come. Hankin being back also helps and they will have a highly talented forward line but their lack of depth will hurt.

Mt Lofty- Lost Gordan and peterson-gray ( Hardly played last year tho) and have gained no one to my knowledge. If they havent gained anyone they will struggle as it will repeat of 2013 in central div where they just relied on miles, nielsen and burch. They have high class top end talent but there bottom few are weak and thats why they will struggle, also lack talls even though Oheril was really good last year and will be very important for them this year but need a few more Nielsens to be a genuine threat. I know people will say look at what echunga did last year but they had some high class talls in Carey, Edmonds and Cranna whilst added two guns in Lindsay and Aish, whereas lofty this year have lost players not gained any, so i find it hard to see them doing an Echunga of this year.
by batmanbegins
Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

I feel sorry for S/C, Country footy is about giving towns and local communities the right and enjoyment to play footy for their local towns, I know id be mighty pissed off if i was them. I can understand that they struggled with numbers in their B's last year but let them show you a list of 50 players which shows they can meet the requirements of two teams and yes their B grade most likely wont be very good but i dont think thats the point of b grade country footy. Also you guys suggesting this is like the cally situation is wrong, Cally was losing by 300 POINTS A WEEK, S/C only lost around 6 games by 100 points last year while that is not good, I remember Bridgewater and Lobethal a few years ago in central div losing around the same amount of games by 100 as well and werent competitive. I get that the lack of juniors hurts S/C but 8 weeks before a season to kick them out is ridiculous and will just ruin them, I say give them one more chance as its arrogance to get rid of them after im sure they had done some recruiting for the current year which is now screwed. Also if you wanted juniors to still play at the same ground as your seniors just let hahndorf or blackwood come in as the 9th side in the junior grades and play as the S/C junior team (Obviously they wont play at sedan which means one week out of the year the juniors will play elsewhere) so when sedan play away hahndorf can just play as their junior side allowing the home team to still have all grades at the same ground.
I just believe country footy is about giving the town the utmost opportunity to survive and you will say C grade gives it that chance but they are going to lose a lot of players from this hurting more revenue for a small town. If the situation got be like cally then do this but not yet give them one more shot especially 8 weeks before the season is about to start.
by batmanbegins
Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nairne were quite a young side last year, have some very good local players as well as some good imports this year! I think they are a good chance.
Kersbrook are always there abouts, maccy have some very quality players but lack the depth of the top sides. Will be interesting to see if Bridgewater lose players because of being dropped.
Bridgey were pretty strong last year in central were much stronger than lofty where when they got relegated, although lofty added a few last year in country. Hopefully there good young players have stayed and if barber gets back on the field after a few horrid years with injury they will be even stronger as hes their most important player in my opinion.
Nairne will be good again, is Harrowfield staying or going back to imps?
Kerbrook picked up 3 handy players and will be improved, also hopefully laube is back playing again and has an injury free year.
Maccy have lost big brad smith i believe and belfield but im sure they have picked up a few.
Meadows havent heard of any pick ups or losses but surely they will be better than last year have a bit of talent just seem a bit lazy.
Gums may be in trouble if hanna has left as im sure some other locals may leave but im sure they would of picked up a few recruits just dont know if they will be any good.
Kangys who knows what they have done but they have some good young talent just need to add some class to the group, will be interesting if wakefield and thorpe continue after helping them significantly in the second half of the year with some experience.
Sedan/cambrai would have done some recruiting and hopefully it makes them very competitive and we dont see them drop off like they did last year.
by batmanbegins
Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see bridgy lost darren mitchell, big loss for them as he was quality and won them some games of his own boot in central div.
by batmanbegins
Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

How good was Riaz last night was great watching that, reminiscent of Johnson last year in the ashes! If only Riaz had some fielders that could catch he might have been able to win that for them as im not sure maxwell and co in the middle order would of been able to see of bowling like that. When Pakis get Irfan, Junaid Khan and young Amir back from his ban that's one hell of a fast bowling line up to go with Riaz.

Also hats off to Watto and smith, I thought Smith was a class above and the one that just looked really good against Riaz all the way through but Watson showed a lot of guts and batted beautifuly in the end.
by batmanbegins
Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well should be a cracking week to open up the season this saturday, here are my tips:
Echunga V lobethal- Match of the round will be a great battle between two quick and skillful sides. Im going to go with lobethal just but it wouldnt suprise me if echunga get up and a lot may depend on if carey is down at the crows or not. The jenkin brothers, nitchske, baust and wills versus lindsay, edwards, jennings and guy is the key battle as whoever dominates the midfield battle will win and cranna against luccon in the ruck should be a cracking battle. Should be a high scoring affair as both teams play attacking footy and have a ton of talent up forward but lobethal always start of the year superbly and i reckon will continue that in a game that will sum up how good country footy is. Lobethal by 5 points.
Onka Valley V Ironbank- Big game as both need to start well after disappointing last year. Onkas will be a lot better this year assuming they dont have the injuries they did to start last year and Ironbank have added some class players to their list. Added to that is Mcgahey against his old club which will add to the banter but i think the addition of hitchcock and devisser will be decisive in Ironbank picking up the win. Onka's have only added Grocke that i am aware of and he wont be their till later in the year so they are going to rely heavily leonard to kick some goals. The game they played in round 17 last year was a ripper and hopefully we get a similar game to that, Motlop will also be a key shut him down and onkas are a big chance. Ironbank by 2 goals.
Hahndorf V Torrens Valley- If torrens want to be a good side these are the games they must win, they have lost a few but picked up some handy players to make up for that, whilst hahndorf have picked up some guns but lost Daniel roberts whilst handby wont be playing most weeks due to coaching commitments. O'sullivan will dominate this game and lead torrens to a victory but i am interested to see how Boras and the ellis Brothers work together up forward as they all want the footy but if that comes of there going to be hard to stop as there is some serious talent there and the hahndorf defence will have it's work cut out for them. Torrens by 6 goals.
Lofty V Blackwood- I think lofty will give blackwood a big push but in the end the class of the woodies will be telling. Hopefully miles has recovered from his ankle injury as if they lose him there buggered but assuming hes playing they need him, nielsen, burch and new recruit childs to dominate for them to be a chance plus the young guns in clements, van paridon, etc to step up. However, Blackwood with Bricknell and thompson will be to hard to stop as lofty dont have a ruckman to go with thompson who will have a field day hitting it to bricknell and edwards which is the reason why blackwood will win but lofty will make it hard as they always do. Blackwood by 3 goals.
Barker V Uraidla- Never rule out uraidla but I've got a feeling about Mt barker this year, they were buggered by injury last year but i think we all forget how good they were the previous 3 years where they were the best team by miles just not on grand final day twice. They have added hill, wakefield and obushak returns after a Knee reco plus block and hughes are fit, whilst Uri's have lost dan ebert, vidic, Kluvanek to sturt and maybe one or two more retired. Uri never peak early whilst mt barker will be fit and raring to go for round 1 after a bad year last year and I can see them winning this quite easily as I just think there to quick and fit for Uri's earlier in the year. Mt Barker by 5 goals.
by batmanbegins
Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Fair bit of sour grapes on here, you can all bang on about playing ya juniors, unless you get rid of the stupid relegation system the smaller populated clubs are going to keep bringing in recruits to survive, how do you think Uraidla have survived. Any club that can field 4 teams should have the right to stay in Div 1. Ironbank with jessie motlop in there team going to have a good side. Get rid of country championships we don't need it the boys are only weekend warrior's, no one wants it. Instead of spending club dollars on propping up something that nobody want how about returning some money to the grand finalists that provide all the entertainment.

Considering Jesse motlop is Daniel's son he will probably help our under 13's become better.
by batmanbegins
Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well round 2 should be bring another exciting round as the comp is so even this year with anyone having the ability to beat anyone on a given day, tips for this week;
Blackwood V Uri- Dundovic and Bricknell are two big ins for the woodies and were the difference on the weekend against the devs but they are going to have to step up another gear if they want to beat uraidla. Uri's will have a couple return this week but appear to be a younger side this year which is what they needed as they got found out for pace in the GF last year. Ivens and delvins are all class plus the youngsters stepped up on the weekend and cant see them losing this weekend. Uraidla by 6 goals.
Torrens Valley V Onkas- Having seen Onkas there a good young side but im not sure they will have the class or the key defenders to match up with TV. Hopefully a few key players return for them this week as they will need them against O'sullivan, Montgomery and co. How you stop the 3 key forwards is going to be hard, really you just have to control their midfield but thats easier said than done. TV will be a bit to good in this game. Tv by 5 goals.
Barker V Echunga- Remind me not to tip against echunga or uraidla again, echunga are all class and great to watch. Strangely barker only kicked 4 goals on the weekend and maybe they have changed their game plan a bit but maybe they just had a bad day. Should be another cracking game though, I expect barker to lift after last week with the quality they have but echunga with lindsay, aish and carey leading the way are very hard to beat. If the edmonds brothers are out will be a loss but Henke should come in to compensate. Echunga by 2 goals.
Lobethal V Hahndorf- Lobethal will be hungry to make up for last week and I feel hahndorf may be in trouble as I just think the class of lobe will be to much for the dorf. Hourigan looks a quality recruit but they are a young side that leave to much too to few at the moment and purling, roberts boys and hourigan cant carry them all the time. Maybe if Wittwer is back from the crows and handby they will be trouble the tiges but FIsher will kick a bag with Baust and co dominating the middle. Lobethal by 8 goals.
Ironbank V Lofty- Night game at the postage stamp of ironbank which renews an old rivalry between the devs and the thunderers. Lofty were very competitive as always against the woodies and were up most the game with miles dominating but just lacked that killer instinct. Lofty will always tackle and make you work very hard but they lack the polish and key position players of other sides. Bankers had a good solid start to the year and will want to make it two from two, De Visser and motlop will be hard to stop but the likes of muirden, walter and beard also were very good on the weekend. Ironbank to kick away in the last and win by 3 goals.
by batmanbegins
Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another cracking weekend of footy coming this saturday on a very important day in Australian history, always great to go to a service in the morning then head to the footy afterwards. My tips for the weekend;
Ironbank V Blackwood- Big rivalry game between the two neighboring clubs, Hugely important also as both teams are 1 and 1 after two rounds. Bricknell appears to be dominating for blackwood and will be important to stop for the thunderers. Dundovic was kept quiet on the weekend but it's hard to see him having two poor games on the trot , whilst for the bankers Motlop will be out which is a big blow but hopefully we can get a couple back this weekend from injury to somewhat cover his loss. De visser has been very good to start the year and blackwood would be sure to put in some effort to stoping his influence. In the wet conditions blackwood may be suited with their bigger bodies also. Blackwood by 2 goals.
Echunga V Uraidla- Well this should be a cracker and I'm sure both teams would be chomping at the bit for this saturday. Going to be a feisty affair and both mclean brothers will be up and about after last years GF as they are both angry men. However, echunga are rolling at the moment and with harland and aish dominating up forward are hard to stop, which is why the midfield battle is key and that begins with Cranna versus down which goes along way to who wins the game. Not sure if Carey will play due to crows again which is a key loss but this will be a close tight affair. Echunga by 1 point.
Onkas V Lobethal- Two teams in desperate need for a win. Lobethal have had a horror start to the year after being touted as a premiership chance but it shows how good this comp is, if you dont turn up on any given day you will not win. In saying that Lobe are to good not to bounce back, Tim jenkins appears to be in fine form just needs the others like baust and bampton to lift with him. Onkas are struggling with injuries again and need tanner, woolford, green and hausler back asap. There 4 of their best 8 players, if they return this week onkas are a chance especially in the wet as lobe cant use their running game to good affect. Lobethal by 2 goals, however if onkas get some players back wouldnt be surprised if they won in the wet.
Hahndorf V Barker- Barker have kicked goals in only 2 quarters this year which is frankly amazing with the talent they have. I know they have a couple out but there not coming back soon by all accounts and they need to lift desperately, They have played the top two teams however so there draw will get easier. Hahndorf had a great win on the weekend and will add handby to the mix this weekend which will help in the wet especially. I cant see Barker winning again, they appear to be leaving it to to few in hughes and the kid with the long last name, whereas hahndorf have had many contributors and are always tough to beat in the wet. Hahndorf by 3 goals.
Lofty V Torrens- Seeing lofty firsthand they are well coached and pressure fantastically well. In sunny conditions against TV they would have no chance as they dont have the key defenders to stop their forward line but if its wet and muddy lofty are a big chance as they are big and tough in the middle led by miles and have some crafty small forwards that get to the feet of nielsen. Still TV have some quality mids and montgomery appears to be dominating to go along side O'sullivan which is going to be hard to stop, add to that renshaw down back and they have class all over the field. Lofty will make TV sweat in the wet but will win by 2 goals.
by batmanbegins
Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another good round coming up and hopefully some good weather saturday will make some for more free flowing football, Here's my tips;

Blackwood V Echunga- Blackwood will have a serious challenge this week, Bricknell and maybe Woods will come back into the side whilst Carey will still be down at the crows for the Dees. However, Im not sure that will matter much as echunga on a fine day are the best team in the comp as they are quick and move the ball extremely well. Cranna will be to mobile for Herbert in the ruck and will beat him around the ground, whilst Lindsay, Jennings, Edwards and Co will be to strong in the midfield and will give AIsh and Harland plenty of scoring chances. Minuzzo, Catford and a few other young guys have been playing well for the Woods but echunga are just a bit to good for the woods. Echunga by 6 goals.
TV V Ironbank- Well we have the very tricky task of heading to Mt Torrens to take on a quality outfit. How to stop the three pronged forward set up of Boras and the Ellis Bros is hard enough but when you have the midfield class of O'sullivan, Hanna and Montgomery it's impossible to stop it from getting down there as they just dominate the middle. If we can get on top in the middle then we are a chance, Hitchcock, muirden and the rest of the midfield need to play big games. We prefer the fine weather which lets us run but still it's going to be a tough task to beat TV and whilst my heart says we can win my head says TV by 5 goals.
Barker V Onkas- The battle between the two winless teams, Barker have been rather disappointing so far whilst Onkas have been competitive but have just lacked the class with some key outs. Hughes appears to be playing a lone hand for the Roos at the minute in the midfield and it's time the others stood up and helped him. Onkas on the other hand need Tanner and Co back ASAP, if they return this week then there a big chance but if not Barker should be a bit to good. I still think Barker have to come good at some stage and im tipping it to be this week. Barker by 4 goals.
Lobethal V Lofty- Lobethal finally got a win last week and they will be extremely happy having seen a good weather forecast for this saturday as they can use their running game again. Lofty again competed hard as they always do but TV were just a little bit to good. If lobe arent switched on then they will be in trouble but if they are on Baust and Co will be running a muck on the wide expanses of Lobethal this week as they are very hard to stop on their ground with their run, carry and spread. Miles and burch once again are keys in the middle whilst Nielsen will kick a few but Lobe are just a bit to good all over the ground especially on a nice day. Lobethal by 8 goals.
Uraidla V Hahndorf- Hahndorf are up and about after 2 wins on the trot and will be full of confidence running into one of the best teams in competition in uraidla. Uraidla just keep winning as they always do, some of their young players are stepping up this year such as Gepp, Young, Etc which gives them a nice blend of youth and experience. The magpies are quite an even side with a good midfield in Paul, Tripodi and Hankin, whilst young male is playing particularly well so far this year. Hahndorf will challenge uraidla but I cant see them winning as Uris have to much class in Ivens, Delvins, Eberts, Etc and will kick away late in the day. Uris by 4 goals.
by batmanbegins
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another big week coming up, the top 3 appear to be separating themselves from the pack but Lobethal appear to be hitting their straps also whilst some teams are desperate for a win;

Onkas V Uraidla- Onkas have been competitive in all bar one game but just keep falling away in the last half/quarter, they were up against barker on saturday at 3/4 time but just couldnt hold on. This week though there going to need a 4 quarter effort to be any chance, hopefully they get a couple of good players back also. Uris just keep going and in the wet they are particularly hard to beat with their big strong bodies around the ball, Ivens, delvins and richards appear to be in fine form which is scary for the rest of the comp but also the youngsters are stepping up which bodes well for the future. Uris will be much to strong and win by 6 goals.
Backwood V TV- TV had a good win against us whilst blackwood seriously challenged the dees last week. Blackwood have picked up Wong who should be handy, Bricknell and Thompson have been fantastic pick ups plus the ever reliable magarey, herbert and edwards are playing well. However, TV is hard to stop with their 3 key forwards and quality midfield giving them plenty of supply its near impossible to stop but if the woods get their captain fittingly named woods back that will help as long as thompson down back they may have a decent chance to stop them. Ive got a feeling blackwood may cause an upset, the woods by 2 goals.
Lofty V Barker- Lofty would be disappointed by last week and will respond in kind this week, whilst barker finally got of the duck with their first win. With rain expected and probably a boggy mt lofty oval, lofty are well suited to win as they are probably better in the wet conditions and it will also hurt Barkers running game. Miles and Nielsen as always are the keys to lofty, basically stop one of them and your half way to a win. Hill is hitting form for barker, whilst Hughes has been fantastic as always but there appears to be to few trying doing to much for the roos. Going with barker by a goal but not at all surprised if lofty get up.
Bankers V Lobethal- Lobe are coming of a big win, where as we are coming off a loss where we squandered a lot of chances especially in the 2nd quarter by all account (I wasnt there but I heard that). FIsher is looking ominous up forward for lobe and baust is hitting top form plus young kruse played a good one on the weekend and will be excited to play against his old club. Hitchcock played well by all accounts and is hitting top form, Keeley, Thomas and young Tags are all playing good footy down back and with I believe Motlop and Martin returning this week we will have everybody back baring our young ruck recruit for the first time this year. In saying that Lobe are all class and will be a little bit to strong by 2 goals.
Hahndorf V Echunga- Hahndorf have been really impressive this year, Hourigan has been a great recruit whilst there young guys are all getting better and Purling is as good as ever. Echunga are going strong, Guy is a big in this year, lindsay is a star and Cranna would be the best ruck in the comp this year. This will be a great battle, If Hahndorf have Handby and Wittwer then the game is 50/50 but if they dont i'd say the dees would be favourites. The Robert's Bros are going to need to step up in the ruck and give Paul, Tripodi and Co first use of the pill but Jennings and Co are to hard to stop. Carey will be a big out again but the others are stepping up in his absence. Echunga by 1 point.
by batmanbegins
Thu May 07, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very competitive comp this year. Lobethal were expected to be around the mark in 2015 with some handy ins (to make up for some key outs), but at the moment are looking like an also ran. Can't believe the loss on Saturday against the bankers who were missing a few keys. I hope the boys can rally this week and pick up a win against TV. But the Lions seem to be unstoppable. Can anyone report how they're lining up and game plan? Obviously a gun midfield midfield and 3 strong forwards, are they vulnerable down back?

You guys did seem a bit down on the weekend but there's to much class in your side not to get back on track and playing at lobe on the wide expanses will help this weekend. TV were very impressive by all accounts, they have renshaw down back who is really good but may lack enough defenders to control all your forwards. Whoever wins the midfield battle will win the game but if you don't your defenders will be in for a hard day.
Was a great win for us with out motlop and de visser, plus losing another recruit johnson in the first quarter we only had 3 recruits. 17 locals played and all have improved under jars which is great to see. We would of saved a bit of money on the weekend also with only Hitchcock getting paid I assume haha
by batmanbegins
Wed May 13, 2015 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry Lads been busy this week, here they are;
Onkas V Echunga- Onkas have been really competitive and it's good to see tanner and Hausler back but there just lacking a bit of class with Green and a few others still out to be able to beat most teams. Echunga will be wanting to make up for last week but if Edwards, Edmonds and Co are still out, Onkas may fancy their chances. Cranna will be to good in the ruck for ferraro which will give first use to lindsay, Jennings and Guy and once their on top good luck stopping Harland and Aish up forward. However, in Tanner, Klun and Mcgoo the dogs have a very good midfield but I think the Dees just have to much class all around the ground. Dees by 7 goals.
Hahndorf V Blackwood- This should be a cracker of a match, The woods need to win otherwise will slip to 2 and 4, whilst the Dorf would cement themselves in the 5 with a win. Handby was a handy inclusion last week but the young kids appear to be stepping up for the magpies to go along with the ever reliable Purling, Hankin and paul. The Woods by all accounts should of been up at half time against TV last week but poor kicking hurt them which they wont want to repeat this week. Thompson has been a great pick up and is dominating down back but it's time some of the young guns stepped up and stopped the reliance on the evergreens in Magarey, Herbert and Edwards. It's hard to go past the dorf at home, Hourigan to kick 6 and the Maggies to win by 3 goals.
Barker V Ironbank- Huge game for both sides, whoever wins will equal their wins and losses but whoever loses will go 2 and 4. Barker are coming of 2 wins and will be gaining confidence, Whilst we are coming of a big win and Motlop will return for certain this week which is a handy in. Barker like a few sides have a few key outs, whilst we will be missing de visser again but have mainly a full side. Thomas, Tags and Keeley have been outstanding for the bankers over the last few weeks providing a lot of run and carry, Whilst our midget forward line stepped up last week with Van den berg and Shearwood kicking a few. Hughes is one of the best players in the Comp for Barker and is all class, Hill has been kicking goals and Nunan is always hard to stop but they appear to be relying on to few to do to much at the minute. Ironbank by 2 goals.
Lobethal V Torrens- Game of the round, Dont be fooled by Lobe's ladder position they are a better side than that and I expect them to stand up this week. TV are one of the best sides in the comp, their just loaded with talent and who knows how to stop the Ellis Bros and Boras. Montgomery is a gun, O'sullivan is all class and Eichner and Co are all very good players in the midfield plus Renshaw controls the defensive 50. Bampton was very good last week for the tigers but Baust, Jenkins and Nitschke will need to lift to their usual standards as they need to control the middle to win this game. FIsher, WIlls and Co up forward could get on top of TV's defense if Lobe's mids get on top. Surely Callum Schild will come up from the Bs as he is way to good to be playing B grade, which would add another handy tall as well. I'm going to tip an upset just cause it's at Lobe and Lobe are a very good running side. Lobethal by 2 goals.
Uraidla V Lofty- Well good luck lofty, Beating Uraidla ar Uraidla is the hardest task in hills football and I just cant see them doing it. Lofty would be filthy after 10 minutes of bad footy cost them a game last week and should come out strong this week but their reliance on Miles, Nielsen and a few others is just to much to win to many games. Uraidla are just cruising along as per usual, Ivens, Richards and Delvins are playing very well, also young gepp is stepping up in the forward 50. Not much to say for this game other than lofty will try their hearts out but Uraidla will simply be to strong all around the ground. Uris by however much they choose to win by. (Hopefully Lofty people dont get annoyed by that, as I know we lost to you guys and you were far to good, I just think Uraidla are a very good side)
by batmanbegins
Fri May 15, 2015 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well after 8 rounds this season is proving to be very tight between the top 7 sides but neither of the bottom 3 sides are easy beats and in particular Onkas should get better from now on with players coming back. Here is the ladder and my review on each team at the first break;

TV- Sitting pretty at 7 and 1 after beating the previously undefeated Uraidla for the first time in Central Div. Dale ellis and Boras have combined for 62 goals between them and are very hard to control, Whilst their Midfield of Giadresco, O'Sullivan, Montgomery and Co have been dominating teams on a weekly basis. No doubt one of the teams to beat and will be looking forward to the challenge of Echunga in Round 9.
Uraidla- Also Looking good at 7 and 1, Dont appear to be playing great at the moment after stumbling over the line against Lofty and Ironbank before finally losing to TV. Defensively they are amazing, they are conceding only 43 points a game but offensively they have not been as effective as previous years as they only average 58 points a game. Oakley leads their goal kicking with 12, Whilst Down and the ever reliable Richards have been two of their better players. Big challenge against Lobe after the break as it will be interesting to see how they cope on a big oval against a very good running side.
Hahndorf- Big improvers in 2015 so far at 6 and 2 after only winning 2 games last year. Hourigan has been a big acquisition kicking 28 goals, whilst the return of a healthy Hankin has been huge. The evergreens in Paul and Purling have been excpetional in helping lead the youngsters, in Particular young Hayden who is having a breakout season after stepping up from the Junior Ranks. They have plenty of offensive weapons and with Wittwer playing after the break as the crows have the bye, they will be aiming to break their poor recent record at Ironbank Oval to go 7 and 2.
Echunga- Would probably be disappointed at being 5 and 3 and losing on the weekend to Ironbank wouldnt have been on the cards but they still appear to be sitting pretty for another deep run in the finals. Missed Cranna big time on the weekend and will welcome him back against TV after the break. Harland and Aish have 51 goals between them and are complemented well by Lindsay and Guy. Jennings has been fantastic all year, whilst Edwards and Liston have been consistent. Big game against TV after the break because if they lose they will fall back to the pack.
Lobethal- Probably the most disappointing side of the year to date, Had a great win over TV but then lost games to Ironbank and Blackwood when both teams had key personnel missing. Maybe they are just doing the opposite of previous years and will dominate the second half of the year. Fisher has been a great pick up kicking 21 goals and providing a great target, While Nitschke and the Jenkin Boys have been consistent which cant be said about many of the side. Baust and Bampton have been brilliant in patches but the team as a whole needs to get some consistency going. Massive game against Uris after the break which could set up their season.
Ironbank- Massive win against the Dees on the weekend to even up their record. Horrible start to the year which was hindered by injury and a lack of depth to cover it but the past 5 weeks have been positive. Motlop and De visser have missed a few games but still lead the goal kicking with 17 and 16 respectively. Hitchcock has been very good of late but the backline led by Thomas, Keeley and Cross have been exceptional in creating plenty of drive and run from defense. Huge game against the Maggies after the break which will be season defining.
Blackwood- To be 4 and 4 with Dundovic, Bricknell, Atkinson and Woods missing a few games is a very good effort. One big issue is they have Dundovic leading their goal kicking with 15, then the next best is 6 but they have won a couple without him so maybe it doesnt matter to much. Thompson has been a great pick up and is dominating down back, While Edwards and Ridley have been very handy in the midfield for the Woodies. Bricknell and Dundovic will be big ins after the break and they would be expecting to go 5 and 4 playing Mt Barker in round 9.
Mt Barker- Bit of a shock to see them so low, after being such a high scoring team over the past few years they are now the lowest scoring team in the comp averaging only 56 points a game. Hill has been a nice pick up kicking 15 goals but after that it's been a struggle to find a target. Injuries have hurt, with Johnson, Block, Higgs and Lores missing a fair amount of games but there skills are just not what i remember them being. Hughes has been the long ranger in the midfield and Ruckman Williams has been handy when playing but to much is being done by too few. Need a big second half of the year.
Mt Lofty- Been a bit inconsistent with some weeks challenging teams and then other weeks getting smashed, One win over Ironbank being a highlight. Pohl has been great up forward kicking 20 goals, Whilst Miles is as dominant as every. Always consistent burch has been in the best players every week, whilst young fellas like Van Paridon and Clements are getting better every game. Nielsen hasnt had his greatest year and they need him to lift as he is their key which was shown against the thunderers. They are the worst defensive team in the competition averaging 98 points against but in a positive note their B grade and Juniors Grades are doing quite well so the future bodes well. Would be expecting to win in round 9 against Onkas.
Onka Valley- Had to many Injuries to count, played the most players out of any team and Just continue to have no luck. Grocke is very nice in but they need woolford, Green and Co back ASAP otherwise they may struggle to win a game. Leonard has been good up forward with 17 goals and young Adcock has been promising with 11. Klun has been their best player, while young guys in George-Dent, Dean and Ferraro keep improving. Been a horrid year so far for Onkas as a whole with B grade struggling also but injuries permitting I expect them to bounce back with a few wins starting with a big match up against Lofty in round 9.
by batmanbegins
Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 stuff

Really like brayshaw kid goes alright.
by batmanbegins
Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - a short one

Having a chuckle on social media reading port fans blaming the umps, i thought the umpiring was reasonably even it was just ports inability to hit a target going forward which killed them.
How good was Boris, Turned back the clock and the youngsters really stepped up. Stanley has been a nice pick up for us also his first half was sensational.
by batmanbegins
Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Disagree with the premise winning brings more supporters, Whilst Ironbank aren't a successful club we had better numbers when we were coming bottom in around 2005. I can tell you we get no more supporters coming to watch just cos we have Hitchcock and Motlop. People invested in the club want to see the people that have played many years for the club as they have more interest in watching those people as they know them well. Once again Cracka knows better than I but by all accounts they still get plenty of people back to their club even though there struggling this year and I have no doubt they are working hard to succeed. I don't get how you can say clubs work their backside off for success, TV in the Hills comp have one guy that has a bucketload of cash and is the only reason they are any good. They spend no money on facilities, don't field the required Junior sides and yet have a great A grade side cos one guy spends big on them. That's not my definition of working hard to succeed.
by batmanbegins
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry for missing last week been busy but was another interesting round and this was one should be similar;
Onkas V Barker- Well for the first time all year both of these sides are coming of wins at the same time, Onkas had a stirring victory over the Tigers and Barker are in fine form smashing the Dees and Maggies in their previous two encounters. Grocke was obviously a nice inclusion last week but young players like Oddy, Adcock and Co. are starting to play better with more experience playing senior football for the Dogs. For the Roos there getting a nice even spread now but Hughes is still their key and appears to be dominating through the middle. Block also seems to be fit again and playing well, which allows Nunan to spend more time up forward which gives them more avenues to goal. The midfield battle is obviously a key and Tanner, Klun and Oddy will need to be at their best to stop Hughes and Co. If the dogs get the ball forward enough Leonard and Grocke are a very handy tandem which can kick a winning score. Barker by 2 goals in a corker of a game.
Echunga V Blackwood- Echunga are coming of an amazing win where they kicked the only goal of the match, while the Woodies smoked the Bankers. The woods ever reliable trio of Edwards, Herbert and Magarey dominated in the wet last week, whilst the added inclusion of Wong and Sporn from Westies helped add some class. This game is huge for both sides as the Dees want that top 3 spot, whilst the Woods want to cement themselves in the 5. Echunga have class all over the ground led by Jennings in the middle but the key to this game will be Cranna against big Herby in the ruck, if Cranna can use his athleticism to get on top Echunga may be to hard to stop which will allow Aish and Harland to dominate up forward. Dundovic is a big out for the Woods but it may not be a bad thing as they may look at more avenues to goal. Im going to tip an upset and go with the Woods by a goal.
Hahndorf V Uraidla- Well the Dorf have had a bad fortnight and Uraidla are coming of a goalless game. Once again a huge game for both teams to cement their top 3 spot, Uris have some key outs at the minute in Delvins and Ivens, it will be interesting to see if they come back this week. The Magpies have hit a flat patch and need to lift this weekend, Skipper Tripodi is trying his hardest to keep them up and about with help from the ever reliable duo of Paul and Purling. Hourigan was quiet last week and will want to respond this week with a big game and may be to athletic and quick for the uraidla defence. Ricky ebert is back to his best for the demons and Thomas has been a big inclusion of late, Down will be huge this week as he can't let the Roberts boys dominate in the air also. Uraidla rarely ever lose big games like this and I expect them to add to the Magpies stumble by 3 goals.
Lofty V Lobethal- Lobe are coming of a shock loss to Onkas, the Devs on the other hand are coming of a very spirited performance against TV. This game may depend on the weather and Oval condition as the Devs are a better chance in the wet as Lobe are very hard to stop in the sun on a dry deck. Lobe must win basically otherwise it makes life hard for a finals berth. Lofty have shown over the past fortnight that they don't need to rely on Miles and Nielsen and in a weird way maybe their injuries were a blessing as it has forced these young fella to step up and when those lads return Lofty will be much better for this experience. Baust was very good last week but once again they have lots of players having inconsistent seasons, The Jenkin boys have been very good also but others must step up. Van Paridon is thriving in his role of Skipper for the Devs and youngsters like Hammond are also stepping up. Lobethal just by a goal.
Ironbank V TV- TV fought off a gallant Lofty last week while the Bankers got smashed of the park in the second half against the Woods. O'Sullivan returned for the lions and surely Renshaw isn't to far away from a return. Skipper Muirden was a big loss for the thunderers last week and hopefully he returns this week. One big question is how can ironbank control the monsters up forward for TV and the only way is to control the midfield so Baker, Harrison and Hitchcock must step up to control O'Sullivan, Hunter and Eichner. Bottin was good in the ruck last week in his debut for the Bankers and hopefully he can get on top off Watchel this week to give first use to their midfielders. Everybody talks about the stars of TV but blokes like Starkey, Broad and Hill have been might impressive for them and add plenty of grunt around the ground. Desengo has been very good down back for Ironbank and he will get the big challenge on Boras but his Job needs plenty of help from other defenders. TV will be to good by 6 goals.
by batmanbegins
Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see where Jars played B Grade for Ironbank yesterday, must have a lot of injuries.

Quite a few injuries in both grades at the minute Spot on. That's the way footy goes sometimes, we have had quite a few injuries in juniors also but it was good to see all sides fight hard yesterday and the A grade after quarter time were terrific yesterday and almost managed to get over the line but just fell short in the end. Jars is quite helpful to some of the younger B grade guys with his voice and really helps them out whilst playing which is good to see.
by batmanbegins
Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

I don't like the booing of Adam as there probably some people that are doing it for racist motives but I feel as if this is being massively over blown. The booing had died down for the previous few weeks but when u go over to perth they always get a bit feral and there was bound to be some booing. The few weeks they didn't talk about it, he was hardly booed but the more you bring it up and tell people what to do the more likely they are to do it. It's human nature for people to be hate being told what to do when they are paying to go to the games.
I find it hard to dislike someone when u don't know them but goodes annoys me on the footy field by the way he plays just like I don't like Ballantyne or maxwell when he played but that adds to the theatre of footy and it has nothing to do with race. The media and AFL trying to help the issue are actually making it a bigger problem in my opinion. Nowadays when you go to the footy when you hear a racist comment pretty much everyone gets on that person to shut the hell up as it's wrong and the majority know that. I think there's a reason why only 1 of the 72 aborigines in the league gets booed and the majority don't do it for racial reasons. It's kind if sad that goodes after an amazing career is getting booed in his final year but he certainly doesn't help himself in my opinion.
by batmanbegins
Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dale Steyn 400 wickets

Fair effort by Dale, has taken the least balls to get to 400 wickets by 400 balls, is equal with sir Richard Hadlee in being the quickest to 400 by test matches played with 80.
In a generation dominated by flat tracks he is a sensational bowler that can bowl on all tracks. He has an incredible average in India which quick bowlers usually struggle with and has done very well against the Aussies. Funnily enough he has struggled the most in England which surprised me as I thought he would dominate there but anyway definitely the greatest of this generation for his ability to bowl on all tracks.
by batmanbegins
Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Broad should of been man of the series, his first 4 tests were first class and the major difference in the two sides. He comes across as knob but he can sure bowl! MJ had a bit of a shocker of a series going by those stats, was surprised by that didnt think he bowled that badly.
by batmanbegins
Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bit early to do a complete review of each team as not all the clearances are through but I'll give a ladder prediction;

Hahndorf- Hard to go past the reigning premiers, have added matsen, Nick Hankin and Wyld. Matsen in particular should be a star and there midfield depth is quite incredible with the likes of Paul, Tripodi, male brothers, Hankin brothers and a few others. I believe Jaryn Male and Sam Hayden are down at a SANFL club so they may be losses but they have a lot of depth and size all round the ground. They have 3 quality ruckman, best forward and one of the best backman in the competition to back up their quality middle.
Mt Barker- Form team of the comp in the second half of the year last year. Showed the difference that injuries make as once they got a full side they were smashing everyone. Lost the A-Z brothers and a couple of other solid players but a few players like James Hughes, Brooks, Higgs and lores who all had injury hit seasons last year should be good to go from round 1. If pope is able to come back at some stage this year it could make them the team to beat.
Lobethal- Don't appear to have changed much, lost Schild and Williams who were ok A graders but not going to hurt them to much. I was big on them last year but they had a disappointing season where they were very inconsistent. There best is very good as shown by the fact they smoked uraidla twice but then they lost to Onkas and Ironbank. There main issue is the bottom half of their side who can be let them down at time as there top dozen are all class led by the Jenkins, Baust and wills.
Uraidla- New coach will be interesting to see and whether a few have retired will also be interesting but they will be up there again as there just very good. Ebert is a nice in but to be honest they need pace not more inside players as shown in the past few GF's. Having Thomas and Tudor-sourtos all year round will be nice as they are all class and we know how good Delvins and Ivens are but I just think they may slip a bit unless they get some more outside runners.
Blackwood- Picked up Anderson and Djksman who will be very handy. They have missed the finals for a few years now which would annoy them but I think they will be back in this year. The two Westies recruits last year were very handy and add the two new ones this year and they will take another step forward. Atkinson will be a good in all year round and they have the best depth in the comp assuming none of the key players get injured, which no team can deal with. The loss of dundovic may hurt but personally I thought they were very one Dimensional with him.
TV- Probably should be higher with all their talent but having seen them last year I just found them to be a bit lazy and didn't really like it when it got hard as shown in the finals. Montgomery is a huge loss as he is all class and obviously the Ellis boys are gone but that is for the best to stop the infighting. Ex captain Thompson returns and he adds some defensive pressure, Ex Junior Walkley is an underrated pickup also and they have picked up ex tailem Bend ruckman Thursby. O'Sullivan and Boras will dominate again and Giadresco is very good but I think they may miss the finals.
Ironbank- Bit Biased as most people may have us lower but have picked up Yeomans, Wendleborn, Munn, Searle, Harradine, Pitson and Ottoway. Lost Hitchcock and De visser who will be missed obviously but not as much as others think (We were better the year before without them and only Motlop as a big name). An underrated loss is keeley who was very good down back last year. Played almost 50 players last year due to a horror run with injury and assuming everyone is fit we will be much better as we were 5 and 5 before collapsing after an embarrassing loss to Mt Lofty. Still lack size and probably depth to beat the other teams however but certainly not easy beats.
Echunga- Huge losses in Harland, Cranna, Liston and Lindsay. The loss of Cranna is huge as he was there only ruckman and obviously a very good one at that. Don't appear to have recruited much and don't have much depth in the B grade to offset the losses. Still have plenty of good players like Jennings, Guy, Maslin, Edwards and Fleet but they don't have much size at all now Aish may have to kick 80 goals for them to be in the 5. To much will be left too to few this year unless they gain some players soon.
Onkas- Picked up a few handy players like O'brien who should do alright. Personally I think there best recruit is the return of Damien green from injury as they missed him massively last year. I can't see them moving up the ladder to much even with their recruits as they were a long way behind the pack last year. There midfield will have improved as they were far to slow in their last year but Still lack some class in my opinion.
Mt Lofty- picked up a couple of OK players and young Radbone returning is very handy. Also the return of O'brien will be good as he is a tackling maching but unless Miles returns soon they will struggle. Lucky for them they play us in round 1 and considering that was their only wins last year they would be expecting a good start to the year. Will be competitive as they always are and Burch, Nielsen, van Paridon and Clements will be very good but they are relied on heavily. Unfortunately I can see another long year ahead for the Devs.

Can't wait to see how wrong I am this year :)
by batmanbegins
Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aust tour squad v NZ announced - Sayers in.

Anybody see Amir's spell versus India last night? Was some terrific bowling. They have a quality bowling line up with 3 blokes all touching 150 that can swing it and Yasir shah as a top quality leg spinner. I'm excited to see them here in the summer, pity there batting will struggle to make 150 every time they bat though.
by batmanbegins
Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Congratulations to Meadows on 7 in a row. One hell of a side and Just know where to bowl in the big games.

On a lighter note thanks to lofty for making our score of 37 last year look alright :D

But in all seriousness commiserations to lofty i remember how bad our boys felt last year. However, with the young guys they have coming through they will be better for the experience in the long run and no doubt success will be even sweeter.
by batmanbegins
Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

daysofourlives wrote:FFS Hawkins straight in the back of Frawley, yeah he had him cold but you still have to tackle correctly

Open your eyes daisy holding the ball, got him in the side.

Can't believe where still in this game, you boys have been much better.
by batmanbegins
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hats off to Hahndorf, they have quality all over the ground and that was evident in their incredible last quarter. Congrats to TV on a fantastic year also, just lacked a little depth compared to Hahndorf.

To win 5 out of 6 flags is an amazing effort and Hahndorf deserve a lot of praise for how they run their club. I believe Their 15s have now won 8 or 9 in a row which is a testament to their junior program.
by batmanbegins
Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

Hope you lads giving danger grief are taking the piss, hes been phenomenal. Not his fault blokes like motlop are as soft as butter. We have to many average players to be a premiership side and we were luxky to play the hawks in the qualifying . We have been average the 2nd half of the year.
by batmanbegins
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

Jesus you guys are a bunch of grumps. Two years ago they were a basket case and bob has obviously played a huge part in helping turn it around, just look at the way the players get around him. He deserves credit along with beveridge for creating an indredible atmosphere and culture at the club. His off field work has been much more important then on the field.
by batmanbegins
Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poms V Bangers

Both Marsh and Stokes are batting 6 when they aren't good enough to own it as a batsman and are just playing because it's handy to have an extra bowling option. I stand by my point that Stokes can't keep that position if England are going to have long term success.

And yes, as you say England lack batting. Hence why Ballance is in no real danger. The bloke actually averages nearly 40 in tests and 47 in first class cricket. You wouldn't be dropping him and keeping the all rounders at 5 and 6.

If you have watched england over the past year you would know Stokes is their most important player. Forget his average which is much worse due to his first few years in test cricket. Since the New Zealand series 18 months ago he has been good with the bat and excellent with the ball. He is much better then Marsh with the bat, if you saw his 258 against SAF you would agree.

Ballance on the other hand dominated weak teams early on his career and average in the 50s over his first 15 tests. Since then he has been incredibly useless and should not be in the team. I agree Ali shouldn't be batting 5 (He doesnt in england) but he is one of our better players of spin so he bats up the order in the subcontinent.

Young Hameed or Butler will come in for the India tests for ballance and rightly so.
by batmanbegins
Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poms V Bangers

Lol. 258 in one hit and 301 in his other 10 innings for the year. Remind me again how much his batting has improved. I also notice one of his 3 career test centuries happened in his first year. But yet I see you suggest his poor average is as a result of his start in test cricket. Funny thing is, his batting average from the first half of his career is HIGHER than the second half, even including that 258.

Ballance's best average comes against India. If you were paying attention, you'd notice they're the world #1 side. His worst average comes against Bangladesh. Again, referring to world rankings, the worst side he's ever played. Hardly "dominating" numbers against a poor side.

Any more fairy tales you want to try to tell us?

Fair point about stokes but he is far to talented to drop and worth persisting with as he is only mid 20s. He has played some crucial innings in winning us test matches and when he didn't play again pakis at home we really missed him.

As for ballance, I disagree wholeheartedly. As we know India outside of India aren't very strong bowling wise and he pummelled them in England, then made runs against the windies there but has hardly made a run since and averaged 30 in the domestic season this year. The issue is we lack batting depth but ballance should not be in the side anyway.
by batmanbegins
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

Brodlach wrote:That tends to suggest Swepson won't be in the first test team

Nor should he be.
by batmanbegins
Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A lead of 400 would be amazing!!!!

What an effort so far

Warne proving to be a genius again with '250 is an extremely good score'

Settle on the warne genius, he didnt want renshaw or O'keefe in the team. Cant understand his dislike of O'keefe he has a terrific first class record and deserves a go. Also hats of to the aussies they have been outstanding. Personally i quite enjoy seeing a challenging pitch, much better then watching flat tracks in australia. Mind you this pitch is a bit over the top.
by batmanbegins
Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fascinating test cricket. Much prefer watching this to batting friendly tracks! The aussies are showing some serious grit.
by batmanbegins
Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170314/6f862742cc237e4542e02035162851c0.jpg

Too bad the pics got out. Social media is such a curse.

She looks like a belter.

Wowsers that looks like a belter. Personally I don't see why India are doing this as I reckon it gives the Aussies more of a chance. The worse the wicket the more even it makes the teams.
by batmanbegins
Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Ironbank struggling for junior teams this year?

Yes sadly. I wont go into specifics but the whole process of going down to div 2 was handled fairly poorly in my opinion in regards to communication with the juniors which led to a lot of disgruntled Juniors. We were always in trouble with under 15s this year which happens in small towns but we went from having roughly 30 under 17s to a dozen and a lot of those players were very handy. The few 17s that stayed are playing either Bs or As and it's good to see them playing senior footy. We have under 9s,11s and 13s with decent numbers but it will be a struggle for a couple of years.
by batmanbegins
Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12

Also papley is a genuine tool bag
by batmanbegins
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12

helicopterking wrote:One of the biggest free rides I've seen this season to Adelaide.
7 frees in first 7 minutes.
Crows on track for 40 free kicks tonight.

To be fair most of them have been there. The crows have been first to the footy and just much better. Not sure on the tacrics of the saints tonight.
by batmanbegins
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Ive been impressed by Westley this test, i know its only one match but he looks like hes got all the shots and a solid defence. He doesnt have a great first class record so was surprised but he has always made runs for the english lions. Now we have to find another opener because jennings hasnt lòoked up to it. I'm really interested to see what England's best eleven will be come the start of the Ashes as a few spots in the team are still unsettled.

I've gone-
Cook
??
Root (Needs to be the number three)
Westley (If he goes well)
Ali (Bats too low and played pretty well in India when he batted higher)
Stokes
Bairstow (You could have Ali, Stokes and Bairstow bat in any order)
Woakes
Rashid (Not sure how people rate him but I do and a leg spinner in Australia is always a good option to have)
Broad
Anderson
Finn as the 12th man

It will be interesting. We have had the same issue for the past 3 years, we have 8 players set in the team d the other 3 spots nobody wants to claim. My team would be:

Cook
Hammeed (hes out of form in county but hes unbelievably talented and id back him in considering there isnt much else)
Westley
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Rashid- i agree with you i think hes improved and is good. Plus if he has a bad day we have depth with the ball to cover it.
Broad
Anderson - im genuinely worried about him playing in australia as I feel he may get punished as his pace has dropped of but he deserves first go.
12th man would be wood or ball. I like Mark wood and if his body is ok i reckon he could be useful in australia.
The top order is a big worry as it has been since strauss and trott left.
by batmanbegins
Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Tour of Bangladesh

Warner was UNLUCKY
Shit decision by Dar imo Looked too much doubt to me, Leg Sidish and Height. Ball tracker showing it was clipping
Dar just guessing and was rattled by the ball before when he inexplicably gave Warner out after smashing it into his pad.

Kawahja was just Dumb !!! Fact is he didnt even play a shot so should've / would've been called Dead Ball anyway so no point in running.
Just a brain Fade :oops:

Lyon unlucky as well with his LBW. Left arm around the wicket you need to straighten it up to get an LB imo. Basically slid straight on towards leg.
Long takes a guess and no benefit of the doubt and fires him. Always reckon might watchmen and lower order batsmen get the shit end of the stick with LBWs
Ball tracker shows its clipping.

Unless you have a Jason Gillespe in your team, i just dont see the point of using a Night watchman. :lol:
Good call JJ. Aussies seem to have a lot of umpires calls LBW decisions go against them on sub continent

It does seem that way doesn't it?

Jesus cry me a river boys. Maybe if you used your bat instead of getting hit on the pad all the time. You guys lose on the subcontinent for the same reason we do, because you cant play spin well.
by batmanbegins
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Tour of Bangladesh

Personally I didn't think you guys played to bad, Bangladesh at home are a very decent side. To lose the toss and only lose by 20 runs isn't a bad effort.
You just rely on too few outside of Australia and wade should not be in the side.

Us losing to the windies at home is much more embarrassing.
by batmanbegins
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Brodlach wrote:Very few Australian players could handle what Rabbada is bowling at the moment

Brilliant to watch. Hes an unbelievable talent.
by batmanbegins
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Roy has been killing it tonight. Has given some chances but his stroke play has been real good.

Can seriously play. Got all the shots. Personally I'd play him in our test side but I don't think that is any chance of happening. Absolutely he can, has he been considered to play test cricket? Or does he not have the game for test cricket just yet if at all?

Hasn't ever really been considered. He doesn't play much first class cricket these days because of all the t20 he plays which hurts his chances. He averages just under 40 in first class cricket and actually averages more then stoneman and vince in div 1 county cricket. I think his technique is solid and would be fine in test cricket.
by batmanbegins
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Couldnt of happened to a better bloke. Sucked in Smith.
by batmanbegins
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Im amazed south africa are preparing slow pitches, seems very negative. Personally i think it suits australia more as starc, hazlewood and cummins are dangerous on any pitch where as i think it may negate philander and ngidi to a certain extent. Plus lyon is a fantastic spinner so the slower decks may help him get some turn. I think Australias batting will do well on slow pitches, Australias batting struggles when the ball moves so to not produce greener wickets seems bizarre. To me this showns signs of being scared and not backing yourself in, something SA do frequently against australia.

Australia will win this series 3-1.
by batmanbegins
Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |