Search found 33 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Looking at next Saturday's draw, the game of the round looks like being Happy Valley v Marion.
by spot on
Sun May 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morphettville Park u/18 defeated a combined Cove / Morphett Vale side today and with three less players on the team sheet. The twisties have copped a lot of flak over the years for its junior program. A portion of which has come from people from clubs who are not fielding a solo under 18's side this year.

What is your point?

Morphettville U/18s were very good.
What you might not realise is that we played 3 U/18s in the A grade {1 was first ruck.} and 2 in the B grade.
You guys used 13 points in the A grade.
WE have not used a point for at least 5 years. I can't remember the last time we used a point.
My point is that we use juniors you use points and you want to hang your hat on one game.

Can any one from Morphettville Park and Hackham tell me why they voted for the S.F.L. to have 14s, 16 and 18s,
over 15s and 17s while they can only field 2 teams?
by ol man emu
Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morphettville Park u/18 defeated a combined Cove / Morphett Vale side today and with three less players on the team sheet. The twisties have copped a lot of flak over the years for its junior program . A portion of which has come from people from clubs who are not fielding a solo under 18's side this year.

How will Morphettville go filling a side now that school holiday's are over?

Thank you for the reply. I see they won't be filling a side this week at least.
by Randy Marsh
Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

is it true the Echunga Football Club have appointment Bronwyn Bishop as their interim coach pending an investigation?
by overthehill
Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It might also be an idea for clubs who are struggling with junior numbers to come and have a look at how the likes of Reynella go about running their junior program. Playing with your mates does play a role, so does parents who have had a positive experience at a club talking to other parents.
Yes Reynella do it well at the moment, as do Happy Valley, Flaggies and Brighton. It's all about a positive culture, football runs a distant second to that.
Strong clubs are all about people, and using football as a medium to make young men into great citizens.
Parents look at clubs as a whole, the clubs mentioned above work extremely hard on their culture and their overall image.
Something several clubs don't seem to get!
by Boof
Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footyfan82 wrote:Rumour that hackam may forfeit b grade for the second week in a row.
Can any one confirm or deny this??
Is it 2 strikes and out??

No strikes or anything

Multiple clubs forfeit their juniors for the entire season and nothing happens
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree kersbrook oval top shelf.
A few of the directors should be Lobbying local councils for funding to drain some of these so called Div 1 ovals.
And how about rewarding the winners of both GF with a cash bonus instead of having to pay for our medals.
I think they took in excess off 100k last year and not one cent to the clubs that put the show on.
My mail medal tip is Jennings
Paul
Hughes
M Jenkins
Good luck for this week and good luck to all teams in finals
Wow did someone hack your account. Nicely said. And yes I did mean to like it.
by cracka
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: coaching scuttlebug 2016 SFL

2016 New coaching appointments is on the radar for some clubs already and some clubs in finals series will say goodbye to blokes at the helm in the coming weeks....

Any reports, news, I know a bloke, a good source from the pub told me, someone entrenched in club told me, girlfriends sister mate used to know him and said .....etc etc etc style rumors about at the moment???

Christies -must be pretty close to a replacement would of thought - Junior South coach returning to the fold???
Valleys- going through the process currently- pretty quiet to be honest... hopefully do a better job than 2015 effort :oops: #-o :toimonster:
Cove- sniffing around the league from all reports.

Shoe, Townys, Portys, Aldinga, Marion any rumblings.

Was this Junior South coach involved in the seniors this year as an assistant coach for the reserves?
by godra
Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So my mail on the SHoe is that Obviously Barry Pilmore is number 1 choice and so he should be. But if baz does not wish to coach again they have already courted and by reports have been for a few years Sam Mahony to replace Mitts. Mahony wants to return to SFL and works with our infamous mate Shoeboy.

Have also heard Mahony is interested in Cove job as well.

Is this so-called replacement for Paul Crate a certain someone who has coached A grade before at McLaren Vale?? Whoever Christies choose has massive shoes to fill and hopefully they continue the great work done by Cratey. Not much has been mentioned about Christies finishing 6th with the amount of injuries they had.
by Luke15
Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did someone pull the chain??

If you approve of cheating so be it.. you seem to be a very bitter old man.. I do not know what your issue is. To suggest that the edwardstown players are always blameless is a little silly, don't you think??

Haven't heard anybody throw accusations Valley's way.

Blind accusation with out any basis 1919 or do you have proof by way of date grade player?

Simply repeating what Zelezny Chucks suggested a few posts earlier. Maybe he can provide the finer details.

Did someone from Happy Valley steal your lunch money 1919? You seem to be obsessed. Maybe putting some of that energy towards having junior sides playing in the same comp would be a better use of time. There's a novel concept, meeting the requirements of the comp you play in.
by afc9798
Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaching Vacancies 2016

THE EDWARDSTOWN FOOTBALL CLUB INC INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR AN EXPERIENCED A GRADE / CLUB COACH FOR SEASON 2016.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE REQUIRED PROGRESS THE DEVELOPMENT OF A YOUNG GROUP OF PLAYERS TO REACH THEIR POTENTIAL.
LEVEL ONE COACHING CERTIFICATE REQUIRED.

THE CLUB ALSO REQUIRES THE SERVICES OF A QUALIFIED HEAD TRAINER.

POST APPLICATIONS TO THE PRESIDENT EDWARDSTOWN FOOTBALL CLUB INC P.O. BOX 103 EDWARDSTOWN SA 5039
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 25TH SEPTEMBER 2015

G'Day Uptown,

What league will the successful applicant be coaching in?
by Animus
Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look Good In Leather wrote:
spot on wrote:I see Ben Coleman has decided not to continue as coach of the Emus for next season.

Going to the Happy Valley job?

As an assistant to Barry Pilmore?
by Animus
Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, Flaggies pretty mouthy right now, any other previous comments you want to dig up at this time King?

Still 4 weeks to go

Hey LGIL, that's not mouthy, that's educating a no knowledge critic.

Now if you want mouthy, this is mouthy!!

Flaggies A grade TOP, Christies 6th.
Flaggies B grade 2nd, Christies 8th.
Flaggies 18s TOP, Christies 6th.
Flaggies 16s 3rd, Christies 5th
Flaggies 14s TOP, Christies 6th.

I deliberately put TOP instead of first because as you say, 4 weeks to go! Try and enjoy them!!

No follow up post King?

Please follow up King :lol: ;)
Also please comment on whether your club feel A grade achieved what they should of for the season?
Nothing sinister just interested.
Losing 1 game for the year and then losing 2 out of 3 finals with the one win being less than impressive IMO.

He might take awhile to reply. I imagine he is a bit busy running around trying to cancel that order of Premiers 2015 t-shirts made a few weeks ago.
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

So as mentioned on the Div 1 forum there is a strong rumour going around that Gary McIntosh is taking the reins at Hope Valley for season 2016.
Apparently Jarman on the Rush Hour started the rumour... Not sure if you could believe anything that came out of Andrew Jarmans mouth...
Jarman taking the piss surely....
It was actually Darren Berry who mentioned it on the radio show Saturday morning
Which Chuck would have been set up by Jars.....not sure if Chuck knows who Macca is?
by heater31
Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zelezny Chucks wrote:
He might take awhile to reply. I imagine he is a bit busy running around trying to cancel that order of Premiers 2015 t-shirts made a few weeks ago.

Tough enough getting a beer out of King, let alone an order of shirts!
by MatteeG
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From Facebook: "Christies Beach Football Club Committee would like to announce the appointment of Todd Bache as 2016 A Grade Coach."
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Anyone have a link where you can see all the vote getters?

The SFL generally don't publish it

Ahhh k. Bit odd. Thanks for the reply mate

Wouldn't want little Johnny finding out he did not receive any votes - we're all equal here...
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Grand Final entry is the same as the last 3 weeks.

$10 Adults, $5 Concession & U16 FREE
by Down the Hill
Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the flip side LGIL..... Strong rumour out of Last nite.
What if ya dad was an umpire and your son won a medal, think we would all like to see whether that dad gave his son 3 votes every time he umpired him :shock: .

Lets be transparent SFL... post the votes..... :oops:[/quote]

I believe you are right on the money there "oneuponedown". Someone should call the Sherriffs.
by Down the Hill
Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Why couldnt you park around the ground on the weekend?

SFL would have had an inspection point like this -

by Dutchy
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: River Murray Football League talk

ive heard clint little to coach tailem bend bgrade,summer assistant to peachy in the agrade

TBFC COACHES 2016

The Tailem Bend Football Club Committee wishes to advise their members and supporters that applications for League, Reserves, and U171/2 Coaching positions have been finalised and we are now in a position to announce the Clubs Coaches for 2016.

League - Gary Peach
Gary needs no introduction to Eagle supporters, being a former Premiership
Coach of the Club. Gary has a wealth of football experience, having coached over 300 games at senior level, which includes 33 finals, seven Grand Final
appearances and six Premierships. He has also successfully Coached the State
Amateur League and Southern Zone teams, as well as being an Assistant League Coach at West Adelaide (SANFL).

His appointment gives our Club continuity, in terms of a leader that is familiar with our history and most importantly, where we need to head in the future.

Gary is keen to implement a youth policy with a focus on discipline.

Reserves - Clint Rigney
Clint has been appointed Reserves coach. Clint has been involved with the Juniors and Reserve teams of the Club in an assistant role.
The former League Captain has a great understanding of the Club, and has demonstrated a real hunger to develop the playing list.

U 17 ½ - Jason Linder
Jason has been appointed the U17 1/2 Coach. Jason joined TBFC in 2015 and
has been a leader on an off the ground since his arrival. He has previously coached the U16, and Reserves teams for the Peake and District Football Club, whilst also organising the Auskick program for the same Club. Jason is excited by the prospects of this new opportunity, and is eager to pass on his extensive football knowledge to the youth of our Club.

2015 Coaches Duane Edwards, Jeff Maidment, Corey Swansson and Troy Merritt did not seek re-appointment.

Duane, Jeff, Corey and Troy have all made significant contributions to the TBFC, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their unconditional support. The Tailem Bend Football Club will always be grateful for their commitment, dedication and time spent mentoring and developing our
players.

A meet and greet with the Coaches will take place at the TBFC club rooms in the near future.

Finally, I urge all past players, life members and supporters to get behind the new Coaches and most importantly the playing group, as we strive for success in 2016.

Terry Connolly
President
TBFC

Like Comment
by grunteroo
Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was teaching down south one day and I asked what their fathers did for a living
"My Dad runs the fire station. He's the station officer," said Simon whose dad played for the Emus
"Very good, Simon. Anyone else?"
"My Dad runs the local prison," piped up Billy whose dad played for the Hawks
"Excellent, Billy. Is he the prison governor?" I asked.
"No, sir, he's just the hardest c*nt in there."
by Esteban Vihaio
Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was a bit surprised u15's in the HFL still use a synthetic undersized ball, has this always been the case?
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am not sure there is a football team in the country at any level that spreads there money evenly.
I certainly wouldn't pay Trengove the same as I paid Wingard.
by footytragic001971
Wed May 04, 2016 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Nothing sinister at all, wish shurgs all the best. His relationship with denty is still a good one!
by scottroo
Mon May 16, 2016 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With Gianni onboard i expect some different results in association this year.
by Dirty Darryl
Fri May 20, 2016 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coach's game plan didn't hold up in juniors and wont in seniors, perhaps there are reasons for the huge amount of clubs he has been to in a small period of time

Bit harsh Hcaoc20. Game plan held up for undefeated minor rounds with HV 2 years in a row but just came up against some very good Brighton teams on GF day that were suited to the vast expanses of Hickinbotham. Easy to say a coach was outcoached but more often its simply the players being outplayed.
by Down the Hill
Fri May 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Says he who is a constant pest in other forums.
by Down the Hill
Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

It's the misconception of the SFL from many Northern clubs. Put 2-3 poor div 6/ upper 7, 2 div 5, 2 div 4, 2 div 3 and 4 upper end div 2/bottom end div 1 teams in the same comp and that's why you get those results. Start of the 2000's it was easily the best comp in the State behind div 1.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ex Christies Beach FF Dan Nobes has kicked 18 in his first 2 games for Waikerie. Kicked 7 against Barmera-Monash who are one of the contenders, which he sprayed a few so should of kicked 10..........

Was anyone in the SFL able to stop him? Bit of gumby bloke who isn't real quick, but his size & hands are pretty solid!!! Interested to see who can stop him down in the riverland, not many clubs play with a tall full back haha. Will kick a 100+ easy by the looks

Doesn't get a kick when Peachy stands him .
by shoe boy
Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Southern Football League

TURBO
I reckon it's a case of let it go.
The Cove Football Club is behind JC and what he and the coaching panel are trying to do at the club. Many new players take time to gel. Big win against last years premiers and a disappointing result in the end against a well drilled team. The club is focussed on this weeks match ups. Everything else from people away from the club is white noise

Do tell how the committee behind the Coach is going now?? No doubt the 'Fat Controller' football director/VP will support the coach as he thinks for him.

Pity you miss the point about club stalwarts and finance people leaving because of the atrocious treatment..

Thanks for your concern. Organise a meeting with the hierarchy and speak about it in person. If not once again refer to the first sentence in my original post.
by Turbo
Sat May 13, 2017 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dave Murdock has been Appointed club coach at Morphett Vale.
by ol man emu
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's a normal Saturday night in footy season at the Shoe isn't it. It's called male bonding in 5168. :lol:
by Down the Hill
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |