Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

me thinks i smell some 10 plus goal spankings by brahma lodge
by Robb_Stark
Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the memo where it says "bravado" was a pre requisite to comment on here, given some of the cry baby stuff I have read over the last week.. With the exception of a few most of you having a whinge come from clubs that either haven't won anything, got beaten by us when we were winning or won't ever win anything. All of you come from clubs that have payed players in the past or still do so get off your high horses and fix your own patches of grass and let the footy do the talking.

Doesn't matter where you sit on this issue - this is great posting! Keep it up.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haha! Was that your average losing margin last year? From memory a 92 point GF loss in 2013 by you wasn't much better.
oh 2013 the year we went to div 4 with you lot. lost round one to golden grove by 20 goals then beat you twice then knocked golden grove out the finals and made the grand final from 4th. pretty good year i say
by unknown source
Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

X Runna wrote:Ran into a BL player from this season who was quite proud to tell me every BL A Grade player next season is being paid.......

That's a lie. I know I won't recieve a cent for playing
by lovetotalkfooty
Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I meant by matty losing the b grade job. you've cleared it up, all good. absolute legend is mj, taught me everything!
by The Real Number 3
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The_Informer wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:If that is true, will that be the demise of Central United?

I think Woodward leaving them is going to affect them more than Dutchy going to his 712th club!

Says the guy at his 713th cllub ;)
by Footy Chick
Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll cop that im in the Orange category in that instance, however, I think the standard of umpiring will be comparable to the division you play. The higher you play, the better the umpiring. Of course. That is obvious. AFL umpires are better than SANFL umpires, who are better than D1 umpires, who are better than D3 umpires etc.

So that means because we play in shitty divisions, we just have to cop it, not suggest improvements or try and change things for the better?

How defeatist.

It may be a stretch to say that an umpires decision is comparable to a player dropping a mark, but im not of the opinion that you should expect SANFL umpiring standards at div 6 level.. Umpires miss things, interpret things differently, some (alot) just make mistakes, all im saying is simply deal with it, and FFS dont pollute the div 6 thread with umpiring rubbish All very true.

RE polluting this thread, this is a topic which is football related, specific to the lower divisions, and to be honest, is a whole lot more interesting than " hey, did you hear player x signed with y " or " team x are paying heaps of coin!! " or " brahma lodge are cheaterzzzzz! " - that sort of stuff is the real polution, IMO.

You haven't suggested anything, just complained.
by Jetters
Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4eva.... I know you pretty damned well, but the sh*t you post on here drives me nuts. Who gives a flying fu*k about the new SPOS. We only have a half dozen old scholars left at Mawsons FC anyway. It gives us a chance to forge a new identity in a still untapped suburb without the "college poo*ters" tag. Whats done is done, so please, get over it.

And no, Knowlesy didn't leave for $. If you showed your ugly mug around the club last season, you would have known the circumstances.

And on the umpiring debate..... seriously, some days you get good calls, some days you get bad calls. Been happening since the dawn of time. Sh*t aint changing. Get over it.

Sick of reading pure rubbish on here. If anyone wants to have a beer, i'll be at Mawsons Pub in 10 minutes. enjoy
by The Real Number 3
Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:More than one?

Did he try and play them in the A grade?

I reckon they were blokes' missus'.

He ain't the first and certainly won't be the last.
by carey
Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

I was running back through the history of football at Houghton.

In 1945, Houghton, Hope Valley, TTG & Paracombe had a combined team that played in the Torrens Valley FL. They defeated Gumeracha in the Grand Final.

that reminds me of the power rangers you all combine to take down the big bad Gumeracha

Hope Valley is the pink power ranger, right?
by Q.
Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs should be left to rot and die out... That is the most moronic statement I have ever read about community football.. What type of a peanut says that shite... With no juniors & being surrounded by 3 of the bigger Junior club in the norther area what other options are available to the smaller clubs.. If you have the finances you spend them to make your club stronger.. Sure we did ok for a couple of years and then due to a number of reasons we went downhill. You can surmise why that is however you want and you can put your pathetic rants up here for everyone to see all you want. You can even have personal digs & post smart ass comments but at the end of the day we have 100+ blokes that want to play footy for our club, 20 of them are getting paid to do it which leaves 80+ doing it for the club & the guernsey.. Half of you mob are so easy to bait up it's like shooting fish in the pond. How about next time some of you see me at a game come up and tell me how much you hate us to my face and slag us off while your standing in front of me, then I might take some of what you are saying on board but until then keep running ya lips.. I know it's all half of ya are good at.. The stupid thing is if I were at your club and it was facing the same dilemma I would be doing everything within my power to change that as well.. After all nobody remembers who came last.. History only talks about the winners..

Maybe a slight exaggeration there ;) :D
by sobels_36
Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Ash Man wrote:I see SPOS have put through their first clearances.
9 in total. Only 41 to go....

5 from Broadview, will they get them all?

I wonder if they have the 15 point rule or if there has been a special arrangement for starting up a new club, oh wait they are not new, oh they are, im confused!
by The Informer
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lovetotalkfooty wrote:With all the talk about webber kicking 50+ goals. Who are the other forwards at clubs that could win the leading goal kicker title?

Aloisi will kick 150
McIntyre will kick 100
McKee will kick 50 from limited games but looks fit as hes been away doing high altitude training
;) ;)
by ROOBOY18
Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is anybody training at Smithfield?
by Q.
Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm hearing rumours , like I said "rumours" , Webber has quit Smithfield.
by norm11
Tue May 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

if i had my way id sing the song on the ground home and away support the crowd that made the journey down to watch me or the team :D
by Robb_Stark
Mon May 11, 2015 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Leading Goal Kickers:
A Grade
24 - Tim Aloisi (Brahma Lodge)
16 - Cam McKinnon (West Croydon)
14 - Adam Moss (Smithfield)
12 - Adam Tuckwell (Fitzroy)
12 - Adrian Zorich (TOS)

B Grade
17 - Dwayne Nisbet (Smithfield)
15 - Matthew Lehman (Brahma Lodge)
14 - David Campbell (West Croydon)
14 - Matthew Perry (TOS)
10 - Shawn Anderson (West Croydon)
by The Bedge
Mon May 11, 2015 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Bgrade boys sing it on the field without me and then in the change rooms with me. We went a season without singing it at all so probably are trying to make up for it
by Arch44
Mon May 11, 2015 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He was our full foward but swaped at chf gonna be interesting to see were he goes
Dwayne Nisbet bags of 4, 7, 6 in the B grade - is he getting close to an A grade call up?
Massive kudos to Dwayne, he hasn't played for a few years but decided to hit the track hard and the gym and has lost a sh!tload of weight and is looking as solid as, great lad too, his enthusiasm and efforts are as good as anyone that I've ever coached.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon May 11, 2015 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great catch wrote:He was our full foward but swaped at chf gonna be interesting to see were he goes

Dwayne Nisbet bags of 4, 7, 6 in the B grade - is he getting close to an A grade call up?
by The Bedge
Mon May 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shut down a sides 2 key forwards and they lack fire power? Ground breaking stuff that..

Cotter has kicked 6 and 5, in games where Trinity have kicked 19 and 11 respectively.. Zorich has added 1 and 2 in those games.. So they have kicked 7 of 19 and 7 of 11, hardly no other avenues to goal type situation
Good sides generally have more than avenue to goal.. for instance Smithfield have Grogan, Ashby, Webber(had), Moss, Lane, Nisbet (when goes up) all capable of kicking a bag of goals.

Mawson Lakes on the flip side have probably Matt Ralph as the only target up forward.
You forgot Mathews, I have his number on my dufflecoat.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed May 13, 2015 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C4 - season 2015

Wow.. just ******* Wow

And they are a changed club. Just ask xrunna
Maybe all clubs should do a phycological evaluation on each individual footballer. ( Yeh right )
I've been around the club long enough and don't even know who this turd is.
He's got what he deserved and will no doubt disappear into the depths of shitsville with all the other dick brains that have represented many clubs.
by Computer Crashed
Wed May 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can confirm the person suspended has accepted his punishment, as well as a 12 month club imposed ban in which he has some work to do over that time including:

* He has entered into a Mental Health Plan to help him deal with anxiety and depression issues he is currently battling, and address triggers
* Will be required to undertake and successfully complete an Anger Management programme organised by the club to help educate and rehabilitate him.
* Is expected to complete a Coaching General Principles course (especially Rules & Regulations).
* Will complete a letter of apology to the IFFC C Grade for his actions and the effect it has had on them.
* Speak to the Junior football side of the club about his actions and the impact it has had on his life and football playing "career" (for lack of better work).

At 24 years of age, and having never been involved in any incidents previously - through junior football, senior football and life in general, the club will continue to provide support and guidance to Anthony moving forward to deal with this and receive the help he needs.

This was and will remain an isolated incident, and the club is undertaking measures to ensure that is does not happen again in the future.

The Advertiser article paints a bleak picture of the football club, but the facts remain that over the past 4 years or so the club has worked tirelessly to change a negative image and the onfield conduct has been for the most part exemplary - especially in the higher grades, there have been no reports or suspensions in the A, B or C Grades since 2011.

Hope this clears up for all and sundry and can leave it at that and move on...
by The Bedge
Thu May 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers to PG and his Bgrade yesterday for the beers after the game and helping us out with a boundary umpire.
by Arch44
Sun May 31, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Diknbones wrote:didn't rain during the Brahma/Tos reserves game..

No, no it didn't.. Weather didn't influence the result one bit
by human_torpedo
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll wear that if it was directed at the wrong person not a problem. Apology is out there. Apology accepted..

But it Doesn't matter what or who, unless they were actually there and saw the incident they shouldn't be judging what happened at all..
I would be pretty confident that Arch44 was at the game..
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Diknbones wrote:. The whole day was an interesting experience.

You got that right :shock:
by Footy Chick
Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would like to thank Smithfield for their hospitality on Saturday. Simon and his committee work tirelessly to make sure everything runs smoothly on match day, well done guys.. Also a great gesture from both clubs in both grades to line up and shake hands before the game. And thank you for the carton left in the changerooms for the A grade and the jugs in the club to follow. Overall a great day day out at Smithfield apart from the results.
Maybe people should get out to clubs on match day and see what a great job volunteers do for clubs instead of focusing on certain one off instances by individuals. FWIW, West Croydon are one of the best organised clubs on match day that i have come across and their match day officals are outstanding.
by old farmer
Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:That's good, because I'd have thought Geoff was busy with the Owls, helping that club build again.

Totally committed to helping with the rebuild
by Suns15
Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another one gone. Daniel schell in.
by norm11
Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok, I thought it was just my dodgy computer, no one else can get scores from sporting pulse either?
by Footy Chick
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Grade
16 - Smithfield
14 - Lockleys
12 - Trinity OS
08 - West Croydon
08 - Ingle Farm
-------------------------------
08 - Fitzroy
06 - Brahma Lodge
04 - Mawson Lakes
04 - Central United

B Grade
16 - Brahma Lodge
14 - Trinity OS
14 - Smithfield
10 - Lockleys
08 - Ingle Farm
-----------------------------
07 - Fitzroy
06 - West Croydon
02 - Mawson Lakes
01 - Central United

Round 11:
Brahma Lodge (7th A / 1st B) vs Smithfield (1st A / 3rd B)
Fitzroy (6th A / 6th B) vs Trinity OS (3rd A / 2nd B)
Lockleys (2nd A / 4th B) vs Ingle Farm (5th A / 5th B)
Central United (9th A / 9th B) vs West Croydon (4th A / 7th B)

Mawson Lakes - Bye
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Leading Goal Kickers:
A Grade
32 - Alex Cotter (TOS)
30- Tim Aloisi (Brahma Lodge)
31 - Michael Ashby (Smithfield)
25 - Adam Moss (Smithfield)
24 - Cam McKinnon (West Croydon)

B Grade
42 - Matthew Lehman (Brahma Lodge)
23 - Dwayne Nisbet (Smithfield)
18 - Matthew Perry (TOS)
16 - David Campbell (West Croydon)
14 - Brian Rudgley (Brahma Lodge)
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Think it is important that the efforts of Jamie Clarke-Rantassa with 16 goals is recognised....that is a fantastic effort whichever way you look at it. Congratulations Jamie
by Inallseriousness
Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting round of games coming up.. All results will have a major bearing on ladder positions, important game for all 8 clubs involved, makes for an exciting division

BLFC v SFC in the reserves will be a beauty..can the lodge pull off an upset in the A grade? I think BL can win in the reserves - dont think they can pull off an upset in the A grade, although the smaller ground at BL should work in their favour.

CUFC v WCFC in the A grade is an interesting game as well..possibly closer than we thought it would be a month ago.. Agreed, real danger game for WC.. CU led almost all day against TOS before falling over in the last qtr

LFC v IFFC in the reserves is a pivotal game with 4th v 5th and i expect the A grade to be a tussle like last time.. Lockleys by plenty in both - averaging something ridiculous like 80pt winning margins in recent weeks and Ingle Farm have shown a decline in form in both grades.

FFC v TOSFC could be a slight danger game for the tossers but not in the B grade. TOS continue to get out of jail, but should easily account for FFC in both grades .
by The Bedge
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only sober posting from now on :oops:
by carey
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm a bit the opposite. Floggings are part of football, I still have a half a side that didn't win a game 2 seasons a go and copped our fair share. I can see they enjoy winning by plenty when we are lucky enough to do so.
by Arch44
Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thanks to the BLFC for being great hosts yesterday..it was a strange day and both games had very little atmosphere as i think the shock of the previous day was still being digested by both clubs..the games were played in good spirit and well umpired in the A grade by some higher division "men in white"..

in both grades a minutes silence was observed at the start of the game and at the end the players, coaches and umpires formed a circle as seen in the hawthorn versus collingwood game friday night which became a very moving and popular way to show respect to phil walsh..

a big game against SFC this weekend and really looking forward to the challenge of taking on a team who haven't lost for nearly 2 years!

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2nvdy1i.jpg
by zedman
Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We may not be seeing The Milky Bar Kid on here for a while.. Congrats young pup on the birth of your daughter this morning :D
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Most interesting round of the season coming up and we are talking about rugby freaking union..

Give me a spell
by human_torpedo
Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lockleys - Look set to lock away 2nd spot with a favourable draw to finish. Still have a bye in there, so only a maximum 8pts on offer. In the B grade probably have the easiest draw to close out the season, would expect them to collect minimum 3/4 wins with TOS proving the big challenge. With their superior percentage they are just about a lock for finals. Anticipate they'll finish in 4th spot and a triple header 1st week of finals out Lockleys way.

Smithfield - With possible 10pts on offer to close out the season, Smithfield can wrestle back the minor premiership they've held for so long by seasons end and earn the week off. Cant see any of the 5x sides ahead of them really challenging - perhaps West Croydon away might prove interesting. In the B Grade it'll be a matter of who can knock off which side at the top to secure 1st place.. it'll start this week v TOS - their draw flattens out from there and they'll be hoping a couple of upsets can occur between TOS and Brahma Lodge.

Trinity OS - 5x games remain, 2x games clear in 3rd position but their draw consists of 2x sides fighting for top and 3x sides fighting for 5th.. they have arguably the toughest draw despite their position on the ladder. If not careful could drop to 4th by the end of the minor round and host the elimination final. In the B Grade they battle both the sides who want their number 1 spot with Smithfield and Brahma coming up. Also play the 3x sides battling for 4th and 5th spot with Ingle Farm, Lockleys and West Croydon. Like the A grade this will prove a challenging draw as each side fights to keep their season alive. My gut feeling is they'll finish 2nd on the ladder and host Brahma week 1 of the finals.

West Croydon - Tricky draw but not without hope. Aided by having the 3x home games they would be confident going into most of those matches. Round 17 v Ingle Farm looking a pivotal match up but I think they'll do enough to hold onto 4th spot. In the B grade, they're one of the 3x sides fighting hard for that last finals spot. None of the sides to come will worry them, but facing the top 3 sides will prove difficult. They'll need to jag a win against on of those, then the showdown in Round 17 v Ingle Farm will effectively be the game for 5th spot - with West Croydon having a superior percentage, although sitting in 6th spot they're just ahead in the race for the 5.

Fitzroy - They have 4x weeks left of their season. Will be a massive fight this week vs Brahma Lodge, they must win that game and defeat Central United to all but secure a spot - lose either game and they'll be relying on results heading into Round 18 while they sit on their backsides during the bye. In the B grade, although still a chance, cant see them seriously challenging for a spot, only 1x win looks obvious in the remaining 4x games for them.

Ingle Farm - The Farmers look shot, having wasted opportunities during the season they now find themselves outside the 5 with a massive last 4x games. Consistency has been poor, it's difficult to see them winning another game for the year, but they'll need to find at least two and will be desperately hoping Fitzroy don't manage two more games for the season. In the B grade the ladder is deceptive - they sit 2x games clear in 4th but have a difficult draw to come, playing 2x of the equal top sides and then West Croydon away who smashed them by 10+ goals earlier in the season. 2x wins just about assure a spot, 1x win and I suspect they'll miss due to their poor percentage.

Brahma Lodge - Ridiculed for most of the season for underachieving, suddenly a game outside the 5 with some very winnable games ahead. Defeat Fitzroy this weekend, collect a victory vs Mawson Lakes after the bye and it'll be a serious fight for that last spot heading into Rd 18 when they host West Croydon. Don't write off the Tigers just yet.. In the B grade, they continue to get the job done. Have been challenged at times but have the depth and quality to still get the 2pts, Rd 17 v TOS will prove to be the match to determine who finishes higher on the ladder.

Central United & Mawson Lakes - Both have had difficult seasons, but both have proven highly competitive in games. These two bottom of the ladder sides are going to prove to be very crucial to some clubs and a real thorn to others.. Any upset victory they can claim will dent the losers finals aspirations.. they cant make the 5 but they sure can shape it.. Rd 18 is fitting that these two battlers fight it out to close out their season.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:D5? ;)

D6? No byes in div 5.

Fonzie punch your sarcasm detector luv, it's on the blink 8)

If players didn't play last week, can play this week I reckon.

Sorry Lockleys.
by Footy Chick
Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brahma Lodge v Mawson Lakes - Mawson Lakes fresh from beating their drums against Ingle Farm will be brimming with confidence heading into this clash at Brahma Oval, and a match that holds no fears for the Mossie. Last time they clashed it was Mawson Lakes surprise victors by 13 points with Matty Ralph and Duncan Brown providing headaches up forward. Pride only on the line in this clash with neither being a genuine finals contender, but with Mawson Lakes playing the more consistent football of late and no Aloisi named for the Tigers I suspect the Mossies will get over the line in this clash by 1-10pts.

In the B grade the lads from Mawson Lakes were competitive against an undermanned Ingle Farm, they turned up ready to play and came within a whisker of escaping with a heroic victory. Reflecting on the game, they controlled most the key periods and statistics but were unable to capitalise. However the juggernaut out Brahma Lodge is flying and a top 2 spot beckons if they can tick the boxes they must. With Luke Nelson providing another avenue to goal, it creates greater headaches for opposition coaches who previously only needed to concern themselves with Mat Lehman and Brian Rudgley. Brahma play a simple, effective and smart style of football, and they wont be underestimating the Lakes in this clash - margin will exceed 15 goals.

Central United v Fitzroy - Like Mawson Lakes in the same corresponding round earlier in the year, Central United were able to defy all odds and record a famous victory away from home, beating Fitzroy by 26 points. Aaron Frith wound back the clock to his Paralowie days with a strong 5 goal performance on that occasion. This time around, Fitzroy arguably travelling better than they were, and Central United limping towards the end of the season, many would have the Lions pencilled in for a win - not me.. I think at Mofflin Reserve, the Units are a completely different side. They aren't fearful of the physical stuff and with Frith, Fenwick, Petersen, Bain, Clausen they have more than enough avenues to goal. Club legend Nathan Fenwick will be buoyed by the arrival of his first son, and when the big fella is up and about he drags his team along with him. They'll lift a knotch, the rain could prove pivotal in this match. For me I'm tipping an upset, Central United by under 18 points.

In the B grade, a draw last time they met, I don't feel Central United will be that fortunate this time around. They would need heavy rain to tip scales back towards their favour. Although haven't been able to record the results they would like, Fitzroy have displayed periods of quality football and competitiveness over the season, Matt Mancheff and Alex McAskill have proven to be a handful for opposition sides. The Lions to get the job done here to the tune of 5 goals.

Ingle Farm v Trinity OS - Literally the last roll of the dice this week for the Farmers. Past players day, 2x premiership reunions, playing home.. season on the line.. stakes couldn't be higher for the Bulldogs and the occasion is set for the opportunity for a memorable victory. In Round 7 it was Alex Cotter popping up with a powerful last 10min of the game to slot his 3 of his 4 goals are help TOS record a surprise come from behind victory. The smaller ground was played better on the day by the TOSSERs, and I left wondering how they would handle the vast expanses of Rowe Park. It's a long way back from last weeks lose to West Croydon and Ingle Farm would also be lamenting their disappointing effort against Mawson Lakes. This will be a crucial clash, cant see this being high scoring it'll be a dour hard fought slog. Questions still surround TOS and their ability to win games without the influence of Cotter, no doubt they'll be hell bent on proving the doubters wrong but I just get the feeling this game is the time the Farmers will rise to the occasion.. Ingle Farm by 7 points.

In the B grade it's a massive clash, Trinity hard fought winners last week v West Croydon continue to do enough and have secured that top 3 spot, with a top 2 - and possibly top spot not yet out of the question. Ingle Farm on the flip side have a tough run home and their form this season has been indifferent - when they win they do it tough, and when they lose they get blown away. This has seen their percentage take a battering and put them in a precarious position heading towards finals. Equation for Ingle Farm is simple - beat Trinity this week and all but secure that last finals spot, lose and its off to Hanson Rd to face bogey side West Croydon next week... this is Grand Final week for the Farmers B Grade and they'll be coming to play, set the tone for the A grade and lock away a finals spot. Ingle Farm by 3 points.

West Croydon v Smithfield - BOOM! What a ripper! Match of the round by a long way, two sides that love to score, two sides that play a fast paced, attacking style of football. Sides littered with talent - Ashby, Garner, Lane vs Wiles, Sumner, Cooper will provided a thrilling contest throughout the day. How each sides plans their match ups will prove pivotal to the result as well - I expect Jamie Curtis to get first crack at Matthews whilst Mark Prider looks a good matchup for McKinnon - although I would be inclined to send Abdulla back on him. Smithfield's firepower up forward, especially with the return of Matthews and Jamie Lane is clearly their greatest strength, the pressure will be on West Croydon to find a way to win the midfield battle. For the footy fans I hope the day remains dry and clear and we can witness these two sides go toe to toe all day in a shoot out. West Croydon are up and about, momentum building and they know what needs to be done, confidence will be sky high I'm thinking an upset is on the cards here - West Croydon by less than 10pts.

In the B Grade this will be a very interesting clash. Last time they met Smithfield destroyed a much weaker West Croydon, but this time around they're a different unit and they play Fawk Reserve with greater confidence so wont be without hope. The Hawks came within a whisker of knocking of TOS last weekend away from home so will have great belief they can get the job done in this clash and keep their season alive. They'll have their work cut out for them though with the likes of Joel Caylun, Justin Waters, Nathan Coulson, Kane Stocks and Ty Swepstone leading the charge. Unlike the A Grade, the weather will play an important part in this game and West Croydon will want the rain, which could potentially expose the bigger sized Smithfield side that's is carrying it's share of talls. I think this will prove to be quite an interesting game - an upset is not out of the question, but I suspect that Smithfield have enough quality across the midfield and up forward to counter the West Croydon attack. Smithfield by 5 goals.
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: :lol:

Dog watcher is not from the Farm... Don't think anyone at Ingle Farm would be that foolish to think it's a possibility!
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

division 6 B grade coaches..good blokes and some very good coaches among them..
by zedman
Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Computer Crashed wrote:So it looks like it's bye bye to Brahma next season.
Well earnt.

Where are they going?
by Q.
Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Diknbones wrote:not even worth a response...

image.jpg
by The Bedge
Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Grade- Smithfield
B Grade- Brahma

That's it she's all over.
by carey
Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finals Week 2:
A Grade
Smithfield (1st) v Lockleys (2nd) - Smithfield Oval 14:15
West Croydon (3rd) v Trinity OS (4th) - Fawk Reserve 14:15 (?)

B Grade
Smithfield (1st) v Trinity OS (3rd) - Smithfield Oval 12:15
Brahma Loge (2nd) v Ingle Farm (4th) - Fawk Reserve 12:15 (?)

The big logistical nightmare for this week will be for Trinity who will find themselves well apart for A and B grade, difficult position.. I'm guessing start times for those games will be adjusted (12:00 & 2:30?) to allow time for travel from one ground to the other.

Had TOS lost to Brahma Sat in the reserves, would've been much simpler and had both A/B grade at West Croydon ;)

Smitty by 8 goals, West Croydon by 11 points

Smitty by 23 points and Lodge by 52 points

That is all.
by carey
Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |