Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

27 points at the first comp look at Thaxted.

Gee the greens are very tricky.

Had a couple of wipes.

The club pro was out there this morning organising the groups etc....we endes up starting about 10mins EARLY. Sensational that he was out there getting people away on time.

Great to have you on board down at Thaxted, hope you're liking all of the improvements to the course...

I actually didn't think the greens were too quick Saturday, I think they'll get quicker... Just remember everything breaks to the sea...

Hopefully will bump into to you soon down at the club!
by JD1981
Mon May 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also as part of the membership picked up what I call a Entertainment book for the club. The gentlemen behind the bar on saturday alerted us to it.
I think ill definitely be using the cart vouchers, meal vouchers for the restaurant and also the 2 for 1 golf lessons.....

Don't forget your member's disc too - cheaper beer and food!!!
by JD1981
Thu May 11, 2017 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

And more to the point, he has been prolific with arguing with anyone willing on social media as well... it was a great shot, but it did land 80 yards short, so the luck factor is huge... if it went in, maybe...

Not sure anything will ever surpass Tiger for the chip in on 16 at Augusta...
by JD1981
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was a bitterly cold morning.....gale force winds off the arctic.
Had the pleasure of seeing one of our own chip in on the 4th, while on the 2nd tee.
Managed a nice birdie on the 2nd.
Getting to the green on the 3rd at a high point on Mt Thaxted and then for a minute or so it rained....temperature dropped....ffs....
Then again on the 6th it rained for 2-3 minutes.
Outside of that it was just bloody cold.
Today felt more in the zone.
Ended up with a 87. Which I would have happily taken at the start of proceedings.

Thanks mate, one of those lucky chips i guess... have to agree on the conditions, we were on the 9th when we thought the world was going to end, couldn't walk forwards into that breeze... Freezing all morning wasn't it...
by JD1981
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went for a bash at Marion last night in the twilight ($12), hadn't played there for 20 years, now remember why....goat track!

2 beers and 2 cc's made it a nice walk at least.
I reckon Willunga have a deal, from 3pm, play as many holes as you want for $15ish???

Haven't played Willunga for years but remember it being a fairly tight track.

Marion went downhill when BTM took over....

Yeah I checked all the locals Flaggy, Vines, Thaxted, Blackwood....some good deals around but none have Sunday arvo/twilight deals which surprised me. Willunga is probably too far but will check it out.

Myself and a few mates have retired from cricket and looking for other options to spend some time away from the wives ;)

Thaxted have a membership for twilight that allows sundays from 3pm for $300.
But you lads probably want to have a mini tour of the different courses

I back up what MT79 has said....

Although biased, the ability for twilight members to play in a minimum of at least one twilight comp a week might be of interest too...

Plus, there’s going to be a strong focus on making twilight members and nights (ie Friday’s) for twilight members.... appreciating a lot of other clubs do to...

Plus the course is absolutely mint at the moment....
by JD1981
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Myself and a few mates have retired from cricket and looking for other options to spend some time away from the wives ;)[/quote]

Thaxted have a membership for twilight that allows sundays from 3pm for $300.
But you lads probably want to have a mini tour of the different courses[/quote]

I back up what MT79 has said....

Although biased, the ability for twilight members to play in a minimum of at least one twilight comp a week might be of interest too...

Plus, there’s going to be a strong focus on making twilight members and nights (ie Friday’s) for twilight members.... appreciating a lot of other clubs do to...

Plus the course is absolutely mint at the moment....[/quote]Do you know what the membership packages were priced at, that would suit Dutchy and his mates' needs?
I only checked on the phone and its a little awkward to see.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk[/quote]

$360 per year or $30 per month will get you full 12 month twilight membership including a handicap... which obviously opens up plenty of other opportunities for playing in open competitions

Additionally, you can receive a members house disc, which gets you 20% off all food and beverage from the bar and restaurant...
by JD1981
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well well well, surprisingly played well. No shanks off the tee.
Took driver out and replaced it with the 5w, no real reason, just for something different.
Cored greens were quite tricky like pinball machine bouncing everywhere.
But overall the game was quite solid. Found a couple of interesting lies, but this week I was able to have a shot and progress the ball, and shots from the trees actually missed the trees this week!!
Around the greens used my 9i for chip n runs and those worked out nicely.
Played with a couple of older guys, one carries a 9w and certainly hit it alright. They mentioned its gonna take about 3yrs for the fairways to recover. The summer has caused havoc. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190302/92c63fd71a58e5c3b7ba58fb83f2c4ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hi mate, well played yesterday.

Not sure who you played with... the comment about fairways taking 3 yrs to come back is very incorrect. The couch base is still thick... If we get a decent winter it’ll be perfect next spring again... best couch covering we’ve ever had to handle this dry spell...

Couch is a very tough grass, you’ll be amazed how it’ll bounce back
by JD1981
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Sorry, my bad, i was looking at the week by week round fixtures and noticed it wasnt included in that area.

Thanks for the assistance
by JD1981
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

He received four weeks.
by JD1981
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Ambrose at Wirrina on Friday, anyone been there lately?

Played there AFL GF weekend.. .greens were cored 3 weeks before that, so they should be fine now...

Course a little wet in patches (similar to most non-sandbelt courses)...

It should be in really good condition now, with a few days of sun...
by JD1981
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |