Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: BL&G Football League

So for 2019 we have the following confirmed:

Angaston
IN - Steve Rusca (Mintaro Manoora), Jay Shannon (Wallaroo), Marc Borholm (WWT), Steve Summerton (Port Magpies)

Barossa District
IN - Leigh Ryswyk (North Adelaide)

Freeling

Gawler Central
IN - Daly Eichner (Mintaro Manoora), Matt Good (returning), Rob Long (returning)

Kapunda
IN - Matthew Stent (TTG), Jake Huggard (TTG), Tate Michael (Padthaway), Jimmi Savage (Norwood Underage)

Nuriootpa Rover

South Gawler
IN - Jack Osborn (Sturt), Josh Wittwer (Paskeville)

Tanunda

Willaston
IN - Richard Rosewall (returning)
by Information HWY
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

The SANFL want 1 in 4 board members to be female now and 4 in 10 in the near future. For Westies to have 1 in 10 is why they've been asked to diversify.

Why? What difference wil more woman make? Generally when you have woman involved it becomes more complicated.. PC Crap

Wow. Welcome to the 1800's ...

It's widely known and countless studies have supported the fact that having gender balance on a corporate/community board leads to better decision making processes and better outcomes for respective organisations (SOURCE: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-17/why-boards-need-more-women-to-make-more-money/8809222)

ALL SANFL Clubs should be transitioning towards having Board Director gender equity - the Victorians enforced it in law for sporting bodies (SOURCE: https://vicsport.com.au/board-quotas). It just makes sense in 2018.
by Information HWY
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Matches 2020

Surely it would be great to see a few of these SANFL trial matches taking place in regional SA?

Centrals in the Barossa, Sturt in the Hills/Murraylands and South Adelaide on the South Coast wouldn't be too difficult?!
by Information HWY
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Roosters v Roosters, problem solved - well done to Bute!

Bute FC CLASH.jpg
by Information HWY
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

Things I'd like to hear from the Club before Christmas as an early present:

- 2021 coaching panel (Thommo's finalised coaching team)
- 2021 Major sponsor announcement
- More incoming recruits/retained players
- Moving a 2021 regular season game to the Barossa Valley
by Information HWY
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Disappointing that the YPFL seems to be one of the few leagues not to have:

- a website with any legitimate information
- any social media presence (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
- media coverage outside of the YP Country Times

Officials could take a lead from NEFL, BL&GFA or NAFA in this area!

Does anyone know why, or can anyone as the League to improve on this front?

YPFL.png
by Information HWY
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

+1 to the notion that Kris Grant has been in the role for too long (he's a great bloke, but is so far past the expiry date)

who were the past players that helped roy and I mean premiership players that helped aside from gowans as runner for one year? I don't recall buckets helping out for more than a couple of sessions just after he retired. I could be wrong but I doubt it. switala and those you mentioned are no where to be seen, apart from richie for years. I hope it changes now thomo is coach . to have a great club you need to fall back on past champions just like port did before the power came along. we have now fallen back into old ways and won't improve without changes.question do you think Kris Grant has been there too long?
by Information HWY
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Fixture

Are we disappointed that there's only 1 SANFL game being played in regional SA?

Surely each Club could host 1 SANFL match per season in their country zone without too much fuss? There's even some pretty decent venues out bush these days!

Centrals - Nuriootpa/Tanunda
North - Port Pirie/Port Augusta
WWT - Kadina/Clare
Sturt - Mount Barker/Murray Bridge
Norwood - Port Lincoln/Whyalla
Glenelg - Mt Gambier
South - Victor Harbour/Kangaroo Island
West - Berri/Renmark
by Information HWY
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems to be a two horse race at the moment, but the race for the finals is an interesting one!

Any whispers for last minute clearances across the league?

Moonta's Jack Cooper with 16 goals in 3 games, does he have the time to catch Mossy? :lol:
by Information HWY
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2021 GF scheduled for Sat 18 Sept at Yorketown Oval - at this stage you'd have to think the league will just miss any rounds that can't be played and stick to the same schedule, AFL GF week and long weekend wouldn't be too attractive surely

What date is the GF planned for at the moment? Any chance it could be push back to long weekend? And if so where will it be played?
by Information HWY
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

If I were Centrals, I'd go hammer and tongs after Boyd Woodcock (if he doesn't find another AFL Club)

Boyd would have a point to prove, a whole midfield unit to lead with the potential to chip in 30 goals up forward too

Granted he's stated he'd most likely only play for North, but Greg Edwards would have a relationship with Boyd from his pre-draft days at Prospect - make it happen CDFC!
by Information HWY
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mallee FL

Looks like the MFL and other Murraylands/Border leagues are set for a shake up in the not too distant future!

BDT.png
by Information HWY
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |