Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Centrals have signed Powers reserves top up player Michael Ortiz

http://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/football ... fl-players
by UK Fan
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Just announced on the CDFC website, 5 new signings (official).

Harry Grant, 173 cms, 79 kgs.
Harry comes to the Club as a premiership player & runner-up Best & Fairest with the Club Queanbeyan Tigers. Harry is a hard running midfielder who also has the ability to hit the scoreboard. Splitting football commitments between the GWS side in the NEAFL and Queanbeyan in 2020.

Matt Neagle, 185 cms, 80 kgs.
Matt played at the Club in 2019 as a running defender. He also adds flexibility to the midfield with his ability to link the game. Matt returned home in 2020 due to COVID-19. The Club are pleased to welcome Matt & Brie back to the Bulldogs.

Dallas Hill, 195 cms, 101 kgs.
We welcome back Dallas Hill to our Club. Proven big man that has played solid SANFL footy in recent years. Dallas returns to the Club after graduating into the policeforce. We are pleased to add a competitor of his size and calibre to our list.

Dylan Morton,
Dylan joins a host of other Riverina footballers to the Bulldog family. Great mates with the Kelly brothers (Jackson & Ben) and connection to Club Captain, Luke Habel. We welcome the competitive and hard running half back.

Jamie Coff, 197 cms, 86 kgs.
First zoned to Port Adelaide Magpies and shuffled to the Eagles in a SANFL rezoning. Jamie has made the decision to keep it more local as a Salisbury North junior and explore his craft as a key forward at the Dogs. We welcome Jamie and his family to Centrals.

GO FOR COFF!!
Together with Jack Sutton, Aiden Grace, Jacob Templeton, Billy Iles & Jaxon Neagle, we seem to have recruited rather well!
Maybe not as doom & gloom as some might think!
by gazzamagoo
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Information HWY wrote:Alarming signs when it comes to recruitment clout at Elizabeth (granted not the be-all and end-all), so far the following ex/delisted AFL players have been recruited this year:

Central District
IN
-

Give it time...

There are a few the club has been in contact with...
by Big Phil
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I find it slightly sad and reflective of society in general with how many players don't return to their old clubs these days.

I miss the good old days.
by whufc
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alarming signs when it comes to recruitment clout at Elizabeth (granted not the be-all and end-all), so far the following ex/delisted AFL players have been recruited this year:

Central District
IN
-

Glenelg
IN
Aaron Joseph (Carlton), Sam Durdin (North Melbourne), Toby Pink (Sydney) and Lachie Hosie (North Melbourne)

North Adelaide
IN
Aaron Young (Port Adelaide/Gold Coast Suns)

Norwood
IN
Michael Knoll (Sydney)

South Adelaide
IN
-

Sturt
IN
Patrick Wilson (Adelaide) and Riley Grundy (Port Adelaide)

West Adelaide
IN
Jonathan Beech (Adelaide) and Kieran Lovell (Hawthorn)

Woodville-West Torrens
IN
Kobe Mutch (Essendon), Clay Cameron (Gold Coast Suns) and Stephen Mills (Gold Coast Suns)

Agree slightly alarming.

I was hoping to see some better creditenaled recruits that's for sure. Cant help but feel a few of these footballing resumes look very similar to many types we have had in recent years that have been caught between too good for reserves not quite up to league.

All good though, just got to put our support behind them and hopefully they turn out to be the next Hopwood, Scoullar, Cowans of the world.

UUUUU Dogs
by whufc
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's hoping, apart from the Menzel brothers it's been slim pickings over the past few years having missed out on the likes of Jack Hannath and Sam Colquhoun returning too!
Jack Hannath returned to Central, post his time in the AFL at Fremantle.

He then left the club as he felt he wasn't getting enough opportunity in the senior team.

Went and played in the NEAFL with the NT Thunder and then when they disbanded, he chose to come back to Glenelg.
by Big Phil
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Boyda Woodcock is from Kadina but played for Bute/Pasky.The same club Lachie Jones played for.
by Dirty dog
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jay Schulz?
by Mr Beefy
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Matty Eagles is not from Pasky, think he might have played about 10 games but that’s about it. Not sure if he was drafted but Richard Champion from Kadina at the Bears done very well.
by Dirty dog
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disappointing that the YPFL seems to be one of the few leagues not to have:

- a website with any legitimate information
- any social media presence (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
- media coverage outside of the YP Country Times

Officials could take a lead from NEFL, BL&GFA or NAFA in this area!

Does anyone know why, or can anyone as the League to improve on this front?

YPFL.png

Yeah the NEFL get great media coverage in both the Plains Producer, Northern Argus & ABC Country, so do the cricket comps up here so maybe its more to do with the media outlets rather than the leagues themselves.
by whufc
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

who were the past players that helped roy and I mean premiership players that helped aside from gowans as runner for one year? I don't recall buckets helping out for more than a couple of sessions just after he retired. I could be wrong but I doubt it. switala and those you mentioned are no where to be seen, apart from richie for years. I hope it changes now thomo is coach . to have a great club you need to fall back on past champions just like port did before the power came along. we have now fallen back into old ways and won't improve without changes.question do you think Kris Grant has been there too long?
by bullydog
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Apparently a meeting next Thursday (Feb 4th) at Mallala to enact and set the powers for the new club director based APFL board.
by Nighthawk
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Official program approve by the board last night, is up on sportstg now.

Round 1 on April 17th is:

HWE vs Two Wells at Port Wakefield
Balaklava vs Mallala
United vs Hamley Bridge
Angle Vale vs Virginia
by Hazbeen
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It gets worse for Ardrossan, their best player Steve Wellington now has a clearance pending to salisbury North.

permit for 1 week only while YP has the masters games bye
Says a fair bit about both clubs though. My club would never release their best player for 1 game and risk injuries etc and we would never bring in 1 player for 1 week and drop someone out to get him in the side that was playing A grade regularly. The bloke that gets dropped for him would feel pretty average, I’m not good enough this week but next week when Wello is back at Ardrossan I am. It’s wrong

Get what your saying but I reckon SN will look at it as a good recruiting opportunity for next year. Keep him in the 'good books' and potentially he comes back.

His an extremely popular member of the SN football community so I would say more people are happy to have him then the potential one person who might get upset about being dropped.
by whufc
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All hosting clubs this weekend will be using their committee, volunteers,canteen workers etc etc to run the masters games. They voted against playing on this weekend thus why we have a bye. Our clubs and league committee aren’t fools, there’s no easy solution to this
by Dirty dog
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Nutrien Ag Cup (APFL / NAFA / NEFL / YPFL)

Information HWY wrote:This Saturday 12 June 2021, being hosted by the APFL at Ralli Park in Balaklava

Any news, tips, selections or goss?!

I am the admin for this comp, will post the A Grade squads (23 players) as I receive them
by Hazbeen
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snags wrote:Anyone know what the zone squad looks like? Was meant to be announced yesterday.

waiting on BLG
by Hazbeen
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Information HWY wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:
Snags wrote:Anyone know what the zone squad looks like? Was meant to be announced yesterday.

waiting on BLG

any cheeky drops for players outside the BL&G? :D

I have the squad but I am not sure if they players have been notified or not so will have to wait sorry
by Hazbeen
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

APFL - B -Shane Moss, HB -John Butcher, M - Will Paynter, TW - Caleb Edmead & Luke Barnett (U21)
NEFL - BBH - Thomas Drew & Adam Smyth, BSR - Joe Heinjus, Matt Longbottom, Luke Hayes, Isaac Moller, Jack Haarsma, MM - Bill Sandow, NC - Charlie Helbig (U21), SC - Shane Ballantyne, SS- Blake Launer, Matthew Prior, Chris Schmidt.
YPFL - A -Sam Jacobs & Sam Pfeiffer, CYC - Luke Trenorden, CMS - Shaun McNeilly (U21) & James Moss, K - Giles Ellis, P - Jackson Murphy (U21), Abe Helfand & Nick Gregurke, M - Tyler Andrews, Malcolm Karpany, Dylan Mansell, Matthew ALtmann, Matthew Appleton & Dylan Aldridge
BLG - A - Marc Borholm, Ryan Carnelly, Ben Antonie, Riley Argent (U21), BD - Leigh Ryswyk, Brae McConnell, Ethan Grant (U21), GC- Charlie Molyneux, Thomas Phelps, Nick Hooler, Kyle Wurst. F - Caleb Lloyd, K - Cameron Matters, Wyatt Ryan (U21), Aidan Mudge (U21), N - Jackson Baldwin, James Bentley, Nick Madden, Lachlan Westlake (U21), SG - Patrick White, Steve Burton, Jackson Press, Darcy Judd-Smith, T - Riley McFarlane, Leigh Westhoff, Juston Westhoff, Luke Snowden, Josh Trembath, Jackson Docherty (U21), W - Tyson Irlam, Harrison Elbrow, Isaya McKenzie.

Central Zone must play 6 U21's at the carnival.
by Hazbeen
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |