Search found 41 matches

Return

Re: HFL Country Division

These last few posts remind me of a trainspotting quote "It's easy to be philosophical when some other poor c8nt gots shite for blood"
Another no win situation for the HFL. Everyone (mostly from outside the HFL) bags us for not doing anything about Callington, now when some suggest what's probably best for a club heading in the same direction, we get bagged.

Yes to the Callington situation was awkward and could of been handled better, but the final decision rests with the club (then the league acts on that decision) and only they know if it was a better option to continue, disband or go to C grade. From memory they did have a colts team so made it slightly different.
Unfortunately for S/C it's not only the club but the entire area around them that is struggling. Over recent time Morgan and Cadell amalgamated but now disbanded, Robertstown amalgamated with Eudunda ( I think), Ramco moved to the Riverland independent and this year BSR have disbanded.
I wish S/C all the best in their endeavours to keep their club alive, the same as Milang. (I have great respect for them regrouping as a club, see comments in the C grade thread) Also can see the frustration from other Country div clubs re the juniors as it is becoming a massive problem for this div. Simply put juniors equals the ability to replenish playing stocks for the future, combine this with them having to play at different ovals kills the social aspect of a town coming together for the day is one of numerous other negatives to this situation. It is always worrying when a club needs to buy in players to help them fill grades as it means they are in trouble for their future.
How to solve this? One suggestion is to improve the C grade (even change the name to Country div II, it sounds better than c grade) and make it better competition, with more exposure ( Very little is written in either the Courier or the Final Siren about the comp, perhaps print a brief game commentary, scores and table under its own banner ) and sub committee or at least one person to oversee the running of it to give guidance and direction, look at bringing in new teams or strengthening the current ones with perhaps clubs combining even if for one year to have a strong team playing number wise and thus no forfeits. Look for sponsorship. Times for games, ask clubs for their best options and have a flexible schedule. If necessary in the future bring in a colts comp, again be flexible with the age limit each year may be u/15 one year u/16 the next.
As in the future other clubs may have the same problems as Milang, Callington or S/C, but if they have a meaningful competition to play in gives them an option for their club to survive and or regroup and step back up into the Country div at some point.
by Ye Olde Place Kick
Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Might be too early for end of minor round ladder predictions but why not:

Encounter bay
strathalbyn
mcclaren-have recruited quality
goolwa pt elliot
yankalilla-waste of $$$ if they dont!

willunga
langhorne creek
victor
Myponga sellicks
mt compass

My instant reaction to that was Pongy 9th?? Willunga 6th??.... Then I tried to have a go too - Nah I think your best prediction is that it "Might be too early for end of minor round ladder predictions" lol
I think you have no idea mate.... Stick to talking your home club up you absolute nuffy

Hi Lex- nice to have a new contributor on here. Quality first post by the way- always a wise move to make a good first impression with some name calling. Finally gathered up the courage to post at 3am I see - jacks or beam helps hey! No luck chasing men in spandex suits last night?

Sorry, sometimes I do get carried away and post about things I obviously know nothing about. In future I'll stick to saying 'victor rules' and leave the rest to your superior intellect. I guess I should just be thankful we get free internet here at Bedford so I get to see how trolls operate.

Anyway, I see you think this years top 3 will be last years 7th, 9th and 10th!! Big call but I hope you are correct.

Go Victor!!
by field of dreams
Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: River Murray Football League talk

I am glad they are known as the Bears as they have stuff all to do with Meningie, absolute joke , not much fun winning a gf, struggling for money , no locals , no future, this is going to be a memorable couple of seasons for the bears. Shame on the president of the league and life member of Meningie , (sorry bears)!!!!!! to allow such an exploitation of points and the system. The coach must also enjoy doing nothing , embarrassing for all involved.

Your a dead set flog used to be! Your one of these people that all you do is criticise, you probably bring your own esky into the footy, sit by yourself and yell at your own players when things don't go right and give all the advise in the world to clubs(including your own) behind your alias. Yet I bet you have never actually been a committee member or anything similar.
by grasshopper22
Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am glad they are known as the Bears as they have stuff all to do with Meningie, absolute joke , not much fun winning a gf, struggling for money , no locals , no future, this is going to be a memorable couple of seasons for the bears. Shame on the president of the league and life member of Meningie , (sorry bears)!!!!!! to allow such an exploitation of points and the system. The coach must also enjoy doing nothing , embarrassing for all involved.

Your a dead set flog used to be! Your one of these people that all you do is criticise, you probably bring your own esky into the footy, sit by yourself and yell at your own players when things don't go right and give all the advise in the world to clubs(including your own) behind your alias. Yet I bet you have never actually been a committee member or anything similar.
Jeepers UTB, fire up old son! Grassy I couldn't agree more with what you had to say on this one. UTB the Bears need to recruit to stay competitive & if every now and then they spend a little bit more to actually win a flag, well good for them. A lot of Imps 'locals' over the past few years are nothing more than recruits they have managed to maintain for longer, one of the perks of only being 40 min up the freeway. Davey, Harrowfield, Honor, Waite, Seyers the list goes on are all imports. Pull ya head out and have another light beer ya sook
by biffboy
Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Sooky sooky lala roo boy get over it . At least we had the guts to go through with no support apart from two clubs. All you other clubs are to scared to say anything , it's just like the AGM no one queries anything it's just yes yes all passed . Your all just jealous the new boys took out the cup . You should be asking the board why they strongly recommend fighting the case , not one club spoke up, just show of hands passed, they just took 95k for the finals and not one red cent back to clubs for putting on the show and what about this years finals what a stuff up, why don't div 2 play on country champion weekend ? Because CFL said so well stuff em what are they gunna do suspend the whole league . We need forward thinking people to run this league not people stuck in the 80's
by running defender
Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

I have been told that there is going to be more information to come regarding the "Marquee Player". A regulation for 2016 (to be reviewed at the end of the season) will be implemented that defines a marquee player as someone who has played 20 AFL games or 100 SANFL games.
Effectively, if you have not played a significant amount at a high level, the SANFL is trying to ensure the only place a player can get good money is in the AFL Reserves competition.

I love how in the presentation they make a big deal about how they are saving the clubs money. They do not acknowledge, however, that they are restricting clubs from using the main tool they have to attract quality footballers. Who the hell is going to want to travel to a place like Lameroo, Bordertown, Port Pirie, Jamestown or Loxton if they cannot earn some good money in the process. Might as well play for an Amateur league club for the same money and have a sleep in.

They keep claiming this is about saving clubs, I cannot see much of a future for clubs in the Mallee, South East, Mid North, North East etc without the ability to spend a bit to attract good players. These are not the same population centres they once were, centralisation of the population means these regions do not have a lot of young families to draw from, they rely on people who are prepared to travel from the city to keep their clubs viable. Closure of bank branches, railways, regional offices, etc mean there are not as many young men relocating to the areas for work. The football club is usually the main (if not only) entertainment within these towns, the locals provide their disposable income here for their entertainment as they do not have the nightclubs, major sports, restaurants etc that their city counterparts have. How dare the SANFL pull the rug out from under these communities just to protect the AFLSA league and the Channel 9 league.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

daysofourlives wrote:How bout the SANFL lift their salary cap and pay reserves players more to keep them interested

Or just scrap the reserves.
Guys that dont get picked in the league side go back to their local clubs for the weekend.
by Jim05
Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^^I think what the system is banking on is, that when one club gets caught, the penalty is so severe that all other clubs decide it's not worth the risk.

Basically, deterrence factor.
Yep all it will take is a perceived big spender along with their star players to get a tap on the shoulder from both the SACFL and ATO and every other club in the state will run for the hills...

Even the ATO isnt going to worry about a guy earning 10 or 20k tax free, not worth the effort to investigate for the return they get.
SACFL will have no power when leagues disaffiliate.
Clubs get nothing now from AFL/SANFL that they couldnt do without.
Go suck a fat one i say.
The only clubs that will adhere to it are amateur league clubs but thats only becauses they wouldnt have any idea how to raise more than 3k a week anyway
by daysofourlives
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

is it true the Echunga Football Club have appointment Bronwyn Bishop as their interim coach pending an investigation?
by overthehill
Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Secret informant, your reply that 22 genuine C graders played for Blackwood on Friday night isn't true.

You are correct oldbomber in your assessment of the number of B graders who played. As I understand it, to be eligible to play in Cs finals a player only has to have played 3-4 games in that grade in the minor round to be allowed to play finals and can otherwise have played in any grade he likes all year. If that makes them genuine C graders I'm baffled,

Milang have gone out of their way all year to ensure all on our player list meet that criteria. We have no other grades to draw from, can't stack and are committed to giving all our lads a go. Many missed a jumper Friday night. So if Milang are "awful" Stinga you might like to consider the ridiculous gap between a huge city club like Blackwood on their muddy home ground and a bunch of lads more than willing to get there by 7pm after a 70km trip from work and home.

If the difference is only 16 goals, then I'm pretty proud of that.

Enough said.
by Hear the roar
Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The name of this thread would be more accurate if it read...... the points system is crucifying clubs that have no idea when it comes to recruiting the right people and/or sustainably managing it's player payment system.

It could also be named. "The points and salary cap system, is currently crucifying country clubs so the SANFL Reserves are propped up and the SAAFL clubs who can't match the country clubs with recruiting, money, administration or volunteers, have devised a system where they think it will be tougher for country clubs to afford and attract city based players away from the city" No point in sugar coating the reasons
by oyster
Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To satisfy the SAAFL sooks the cap is in place. Those in the city fail to see without the Bush comps football will die.
by vics01
Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**** BREAKING NEWS ****

GSFL Executive committee have hired the services of this man to review the evidence and determine the official outcome!

harvey.jpg
by Jimmy Recard
Mon May 08, 2017 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kowree Naracoorte Football League

Sounds pretty cut and dried if the report is accurate with only a penalty to be determined.

Who is likely to be in the firing line when the time comes to hand down a penalty?
The club?
President?
Coach?
The player receiving the sign on?
All of the above???

So apparently the coach that was sacked dobbed them into the league cos of a sign on fee to 2 players
Who was the coach? Make sure we never employ him, dog act if thats the case, should never work in the industry again
by daysofourlives
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

Clubs pulling the pin will look very silly come June 8
by scottroo
Mon May 18, 2020 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So because some comps have increased their expenses and therefore can't run in a reduced capacity all comps should be punished and the 10,000+ footballers who want to play, can play, won't be allowed to?

As for your comments in relation to the CFL 'doing their duty' and 'protecting country leagues', these country leagues are the very comps who repeatedly thumbed their noses at the CFL and actively pushed back against things like salary caps and or points systems? I'm not surprised if the CFL don't feel protecting their leagues are high on their priority list.
by Trader
Thu May 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Country leagues won't go ahead if the salary cap is reduced to $0. Many clubs simply won't have enough players. The big towns with populations will be fine, the smaller towns will most certainly struggle.
Will also struggle to attract umpires if salary cap is reduced as there will be a push for all expenses, umpires, association fees etc to be reduced by the same %.

You're not just a pretty avatar mate, you've gotta feel for those that run the league's, there will be clubs wanting to go ahead, some not, some fence sitters, they can't please everyone.

And this is exactly why all leagues should be cancelled and the decision has to come from those that run football in this state for the best interests of football in this state.
You cant have the haves feasting on the have nots.
There is talk of 3 YP clubs already out, a couple NE clubs out, these are the smaller clubs within their leagues. Comps simply cant be run with some in and some out.
The easiest decision is scrap it all

Taking the easy decision is such a cop out. Football needs to be winner and the goal has to be to keep the game alive in whatever format it is. It will be so much in 2021 if there hasn't been football played for over 12 months. You will lose more players, sponsors, volunteers, clubs and communities!
by SecretInformant
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Yeah lets call it off and sit around doing nothing for 4 months :roll:

In the mean time players and volunteers find new hobbies and are lost from footy.

We need to play
by scottroo
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah 12 country leagues going ahead 12 abandoned and one undecided. Expect a crazy amount of player movement in next 2 weeks from blokes of abandoned leagues just keen to have a kick.

Does anyone know if there is any talk of extending june 30 clearance deadline and also any adjustments to the player points allocations for clubs? There will be plenty of 3 point players looking to transfer

The vibe I am getting is there will be no adjustments to player points, as its unfair on the locals who should be playing A grade to get pushed out for blokes who possibly might only play 10 games. Probably a good call!!

Also I would say it will get extended for a month but community footy will surely release something shortly on it all. It's bloody messy out there haha
by SuperFrank
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

oldbomber wrote:Pretty piss poor by Freeling really. To announce this after June 30 clearance cut off disadvantages their players preventing them playing elsewhere also after fixture was released. A deliberate and calculated move perhaps?

Players can still move on a COVID permit.
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Going to be real hard for your club to recover from this, you traditionally struggle with B Grade, this wont make it any better for numbers next year. a fresh challenge of a new league might be what you need, might win a flag in that comp too.

gee wouldnt have thought you could go on about premierships how many have angaston A grade won[/quote]

22. most in the comp of the B&L clubs[/quote]

im talking since blgfa started 1987....think it is the same amount as freeling have won[/quote]
oh righto we'll just pick a point in time that suits your agenda, wipe the rest of the clubs history.

Just read the clubs press release, sounds like being non-competitive was a major part of their decision, absolutely pathetic.
All the other reasons arent really applicable anymore.
by daysofourlives
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Creeks over Willunga by 26 pts Creeks won by 30 points
Compass over Goolwa/PE by 21 points Compass won by 85 points
Yank over Bays by 19 points Yank won by 2 points
McLaren over Strath by 23 points McLaren won by 71 points
Myp/Sell over Victor by 23 points Myp/Sell won by 11 points

Tiger83 tipster of the week with 5/5 and a points differential of 106, fod 5/5 (135), jj 5/5 (145), grasshopper 3/5 :oops: ;)

Yesterdays results show whilst Strath are still a finals contender, they're not a premiership hope, being obliterated for the 2nd time in their last 3 matches.
Yank the big winners with their 2 point win over the Bays
Tho Creeks wasn't an upset over Willunga at all, it certainly was a gutsy win after losing Perrey, McGregor and Mitch Cleggett all to injuries before half time and having no bench for the rest of the game. Willunga jumped out of the blocks to kick 3 goals in the 1st 15 minutes but from then on only managed 1 more for the rest of the match mostly played in misty drizzle

Table
Creeks 10
McLaren 10
Compass 7
Yank 6
Strath 6
Bays 5
Willunga 4
Myp/Sell 2
Gool/PE 0
Victor 0

4 rounds to go with either Creeks and Mclaren to finish top whilst the other are top 3 certainties. The next 5 teams are all in a battle for spots 3 - 5
Its a lottery who they will be and will be determined on results of 50/50 games like yesterdays between Yank and E Bay. Mt Compass have the hardest run home, still having to play Creek and McLaren along with other contenders Strath and Yank. Straths % is utter shithouse due to their obliterations by Creeks and McLaren but still have to play Victor and Myp/Sell. Will need 6 wins to make it. Willunga have an easier draw but need to beat Yank this week otherwise they're in trouble. Yank and Bays still have their destiny in their own hands but as with the other contenders need to win the 50/50 games.
by jackpot jim
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Willson played at Yank a long time ago for a season or 2 so he is a 0pointer. Yank also play at least 2 senior colts every game so that’s -2.

Fair enough if so. 25 games?? Must've been a looong time ago as a kid - Think we'd remember someone with his credentials playing!! 6 medals, 2 R/U..dating back to 2003. and 932 goals!

According to sportsTG, Yank have played with 15 (out of 15) every week, including the -1 allocated for the senior colt. They have only played one each week (not at least 2).

I know its a weird year and we should be thankful to have a full competition running but it does raise the eyebrows when they pulled the pin early and now rumours of points being waived. It's hard for everyone......
Its fantastic that their star recruits are out there esp when the $$ bidding war for some of them was crazy. ;)

Also, it seems Pongy have been allocated an extra 2 points this year. 17 instead of the 15 they should have. I can understand that given they won 1 game last year. They've only played 17pts in the first 2 rounds.
by field of dreams
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look Good In Leather wrote:Check the rules, a returning player who does not qualify as a zero because of not enough games is assessed at full points value the first year, but zero points each season for that club thereafter.

Yes. If Clark has previously played at Yank that would apply.
by field of dreams
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was way back around 2008-9 before the APPS came in.

Seems unlikely..

2003 - B&F, Ozone Medal, Mail Medal
2004 - R/U Mail Medal
2005 - B&F, Ozone Medal
2006 - B&F
2007 - B&F, Mail Medal
2008 - B&F, Ozone Medal, Mail Medal
2009 - B&F, Ozone Medal, Mail Medal
2010 - B&F, Ozone Medal
2011 - Mail Medal
2012 - played all year inc finals
2013 - R/U Mail Medal
2014 - Mail Medal, Leading Goalkicker
2015 - Played 17 games
2016 - Leading Goalkicker
2017 - Leading Goalkicker
2018 - 6 Games
2019 - 14 Games

this is not an exhaustive list of his achievements. probably more B&Fs and goal kicking awards
by field of dreams
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Northern Areas gossip

oldbomber wrote:Well done to the Eagles. Wheelan, hayes and robinson a played well. Did Launer play in the end?

Obviously not if they got done, who are you?
Just another nobody who isnt fit to tie Blake's shoelaces no doubt
by daysofourlives
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don’t get why they have not lost the points already? You don’t need meetings, it’s clearly been breached. This is an incredibly poor look from an outsider looking in.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This has the potential to open up a serious can of worms across every league in SA if this is not properly dealt with and parties outside of the league stepping in. If there are leagues who don’t agree with the points system coming in, all you need to do is look at this example and start making up exemptions. It’s not good!

I thought the Community Footy Board have an investigation team that address these issues and make ruling above the Leagues rules.

The SANFL are aware of the situation but yet to intervene. Are they pretending they don’t know anything about it or just as weak as the GSFL Execs?

Or maybe it's been looked into and they've ruled that it's ok. As ballbreaker said someone show some facts and not just salty keyboarders.

The facts are;

Mount Compass have been allocated 11 points for 2021.

Round One: Mount Compass played with 13 points.
Round Two: Mount Compass played with 12 points.
Round Three: Mount Compass played with 11 points, however Tom Dix played as a zero point player (should be a three pointer).
Round Four: No issue.
Round Five: No issue.
Round Six: Mount Compass played with 11 points, however Sam Haniford played as a one point player (should be a two pointer).

These are FACTS.

Now, we want to see FACTS from the GSFL or SANFL that says they have either approved Mount Compass to breach the Player Points Allocation or are going to be sanctioning the Club. They are keeping opposition Clubs and members in the dark and bringing the League into disrepute.

For me, the PPA is black and white. You cannot change a players points value. The League can increase a Clubs points allocation, but when Mount Compass have been made six consecutive finals series, to increase their points allocation would ludicrous.

Haniford has played senior football for North Adelaide, Tom Dix won a Mail Medal in 2017 - we’re not talking about fringe A Graders here either.

So, tell everyone what the ruling is or that it is still being investigated.
by damian
Sun May 16, 2021 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mutton Cove
Is this true that your club received 3 extra points when your coach got there, seems you maybe living in a glass house hope you don't have a handful of stones :shock: :shock:

Let’s say McLaren did get three extra points in 2018 and look at the situations both clubs were in at the start of their respective seasons and how the adjusted points was handled by the League.

McLaren
2017 - 2 wins, finished last
2016 - 1 win, finished last
2015 - 4 wins, finished last
Three consecutive wooden spoons, an average of 2.3 wins a year in that time.

Applied for additional points to fast track their rebuild after struggling badly at the bottom of the table for three seasons. League approved additional points in the off-season and McLaren recruited based on those points.

Mount Compass
2020* - 5 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses, finished fourth after minor rounds. Lost Elimination Final.
2019 - 13 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses, finished second after minor rounds. Lost Qualifying Final, won Semi-Final, lost Preliminary Final.
2018 - 15 wins, 3 losses, finished minor premiers. Lost Semi-Final and Preliminary Final.
2017 - 12 wins, 6 losses, finished third after minor rounds. Won Qualifying Final, Semi-Final & Grand Final.
2016 - 15 wins, 3 losses, finished minor premiers. Won Semi-Final & Grand Final.
2015 - 15 wins, 3 losses, finished minor premiers. Lost Semi-Final, won Preliminary Final, lost Grand Final.

Completed their recruiting and prior to round one realised they had recruited too many players/points. Knowing they would be knocked back for asking for additional points, they apply to the League to have a played reduced by one point because he lives and works in the area. League approves this the night before round one and without notifying other Clubs.

The Club then plays another player as a 2pt player instead of 3. Plus, play a 3pt player as a 0 in another game.

Then applies to the League (on what grounds I do not know) to have this 3pt player approved as a 0pt player.

Rules are, that the League can increase/decrease a Clubs points allocation, but cannot decrease/increase an individuals points.

So tell me, who was in a situation for League assistance, McLaren or Compass? McLaren are not the only Club to have had their allocation increased in recent years, I believe Yankalilla have received additional points - but don’t quote me on that!

Mount Compass are playing with an extra recruit, quality recruit and potentially two if Tom Dix returns despite playing finals for six seasons and being a Premiership contender in five of those six.
by damian
Sat May 22, 2021 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do not bother to read the rules, as it appears to me that the President is the sole interpreter of the rules.
by mutton cove
Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SANFL have been just as weak as the GSFL through all of this.
by damian
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the point in having a Governing body that wont govern?
The SANFL are completely aware of the situation, and although found results in contradiction to the Appeals Tribunal decision, I feel/it seems, unless a direct request of investigation is made into the entirety of it all, will not over rule or discredit these decisions
So now is the time for the someone to formally ask for a full review of the decisions handed down and provide complete justification to the resulting decisions which are clearly a false representation of both the actual rules and their intent.
by Cheap Seats
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't normally like to comment on other league pages, and I won't make any comment on any of the other bizarre decisions in the Mount Compass saga, but I am so bewildered by the situation with Thomas Dix that I just had to put in my 2 cents worth !!
Thomas Dix is clearly shown in the records as having last played in Southern Football League on 18th May 2019. No matter what method you use to determine the "24 month" rule (elapsed time or full seasons), there is NO WAY 24 months had elapsed before he was registered to play at Mount Compass - given that he played for them on 24th April 2021.
It is simple maths, no interpretation required if you read the rules.
There is therefore no possible way that Thomas Dix could be a 0 point player. If the club allocated him as 0 points, they were in error under the rules, and if the League approved that allocation they are also clearly in error.

No surprise that there has been no explanation or justification at all for this one ... there could not possibly be one !
by Dazza44
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Posted these???

Mate you are FN obsessed go back and look at your posts mental health is a big thing these days

Are you ok ???

Perhaps go back and look at your own posts. So far you’ve failed to say anything intelligent or interesting and continue to step very close to the line on forum posting rules. Quite the opposite to CS.

Keep up the informative posts Cheap Seats. It’s plainly obvious the executive and compass just want it all to go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by field of dreams
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I guess I’ll point out the obvious….

Where’s all the Bulldogs? Pinyon, Ziggy Vitkunas, Nick Mott, Lewis Johnston, Matt Skrypek, Sam Haniford. Could arguably all be walk up starts, but none in the side - all injured? Bet they’re right for round 10. Yes, other Clubs have star players not selected, but not six.

There is no points limit in association lads, get amongst it.

Guess there’s also no player payments though.
by damian
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has an entire competition (other than the GSFL execs) ever been so happy with a club going out in $traight $ets!!
Where’s Luv a Kick? He might be the first causality after that debacle of a season.
Rumour has it Rob Brokenshire is appealing today’s result and requesting an extra 200 points next season.
by Turfie
Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheap Seats wrote:Has anyone heard anything about the vaccine proof needed for footy this year from the gsfl?
Everyone will need to be double Vaxed to play
Bulldogs will be allowed exemptions though
by bluebagger
Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:Channel 7 saying the RMFL have banned the bloke who recorded it from attending games.

That's pretty ******, in my opinion.

Especially considering they likely used that very footage to dole out the suspension to the Meningie bloke.
by Failed Creation
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah was a very even, fast paced, exciting and action packed game last night at the creek until umpires got way way too involved. Watch the 3rd quarter on murraylands fltv stream if you want to see how not to officiate a game. They are on fantastic money and needed to do way better. Might need a couple of weeks in b grade after that performance

Several times the game was paused for yellow cards from both sides and then major delays over who had the ball, whether it was a free kick and or 50m and where was it before resuming play. The umpires became way too card happy for minor scuffles where no punches were thrown at any stage, had no idea what they were doing at times and almost lost control of game. GSFL Officials on the ground trying to keep spectators off ground at 3q time huddles worried things were completly going to boil over. It was a complete farce.

The red card for a tackle was laughable and player and umpire atleast appeared to be chatting respectfully back and forth all the way to the bench so unlikely there was any abuse or dissent either. Surely doesnt go to tribuneral for a tackle with no injury but who knows in this day and age.

To both sides credit they got on with it in last quarter and creeks better side running away with it. Great night at the footy overall be interesting to see what unfolds during the week.
Watched the live Stream & it seemed one umpire was trigger happy with the cards. Unless he saw something close up that we couldn't, I would have thought free kicks at best.
by cracka
Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Example A-
Watch at around 2:12:00 of Strath Langhorne game, the Umpire not happy and telling Strath No:16 (Clamp) off on the boundary line after a Creek lad came running in and started the whole altercation, then free is overturned, Creek get the ball, then guess what??? Who gets red carded only 2 minutes later at 2:14:00 No:16 for Strath???

The Strath coach then confronts the Umpire at 3/4 time and actually gets in his way 3 times (which isn't a good look) but you can see the frustration, then watch the same Umpire at 2:26:20, you can actually see him considering "who am I going to pay this to" Creeks! Then at 2:29:25 advantage is paid & taken, a shot missed, goes through the points on the full & they give a down the field in the goal square??? That's just making up the rules as you go? and every decision went Creeks way.
by Cheap Seats
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clamp got off with the video evidence showing clearly what the umpire believed he saw and wrote in his report was wrong. The other player (can't remember name) got 1 week.

Really good round of matches this week!!
by inthestands
Tue May 10, 2022 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |