Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

I did hear Seaton have lost a few players
by Boosh
Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014/15 NBL Season

Thanks for the update. Haven't seen much on a TV anymore. With the popularity of NBA I'm surprised the NBL isn't on TV more or on Foxtel

No worries, the NBL has the two games on Ten/One each weekend (I post which games each Thurs night for anyone that might be interested) plus every game is on nbl.tv online but the 5-year contract with Ten expires at the end of this season and they've been roundly criticised for their lack of marketing and just general apathetic coverage and most NBL fans are hoping they sign with another network for next season.

In an ideal world the NBL wants every game broadcasted and live whether that happens or not is a different thing. Supposedly channel 7 are interested because they need content as they're looking to make their 7mate channel a sports only channel and Fox Sports have also been mentioned as they could probably meet the every game broadcasted & live aspect as they have plenty of channels and lost the Big Bash cricket to Ten (Ten's interest in the NBL went out the window once they got the rights to the BBL, understandably).

One thing the NBL has never managed to do well is capitalise on how popular the NBA is in Australia. We all view the NBL as inferior (which of course it is compared to the NBA, just like every other league in the world) but the standard of the NBL has arguably never been greater, we're losing players to the NBA regularly now and getting talent like a Josh Childress (who IMO is still easily NBA standard) and NBA teams are farming out 2nd round draft picks to teams here now like Miami did with James Ennis in Perth last season, Toronto with DeAndre Daniels in Perth again this season and Philly with Jordan McRae at Melb this season too.

Nothing speaks higher of the calibre of the NBL currently than NBA teams essentially loaning us players they previously would've sent to the best leagues in Europe like in Spain, Greece and Italy. Throw in the fact NBA merchandise & League Pass subscriptions sell like hot cakes in Australia so the NBL should really make sure it gets this next TV contract right.
by Gozu
Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

How do you know they're not going to sack him immediately?
You have to make sure all your processes are in place before doing so.
I know it's popular to have a crack at clubs for the sake of it, but give them a chance to get the job done right.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2014/2015

HH3 wrote:Im the Hutchy of SAFooty now....just saying

You're both in the Grand Final as to who's a bigger flog.
by Spargo
Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by marbles
Sat May 30, 2015 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by carey
Fri May 29, 2015 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by HH3
Fri May 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Rik E Boy
Fri May 29, 2015 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Doctoring my like figures. Im sure I was on 1000+ ;)

Would've lost a few from Wedgie deleting half my posts this week.
by HH3
Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was unaware that we lived in communist China. 10 posts deleted because a banned posters name was mentioned. :roll: I find it hilarious at how precious and contrived this whole site has become.

This post does not contain government approved propaganda and will disappear in 10,9,8,7.....
Get stuffed. I removed them because this is the pub and restaurant review...not the bloody save ferris thread.

Once again I go into bat and get slapped in the face.

Now..please keep on topic. Or some of you will join him.
Thank you FC for referring to the person as "him".
God only knows the catastrophic ramafacations we'd be confronted with if we used the barred persons name....

I'm off now to find my favourite powdered gravy.
by Spargo
Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack McGregor!

1 lucky win in Round 1 and now Round 9 and bottom. The whole appointment process re current coach was corrupt and without due proper process and people in charge at the NAFC who organised the current shambles need to be held accountable - President needs to go!

ok smart arse what's your solution?

Here is your chance OTR. Put your name in the ring, run for President, you sound like you have enough mates behind you to get you over the line.

Then you can choose the right coach and solve all their problems.
by prowling panther
Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack McGregor!

Wow, didn't take you guys long to get the knives out and stick them in the back of the coach and management!!!!

ok smart arse what's your solution?

Couldn't give a fat rats toss bag what happens at Chook land.

Always have and always will be a rabble at Prospect

Even when down the bottom The Bays crowds are better than those at Prospect!!!

Geezus, a Tigers fan telling us we're a rabble.
We are struggling! :lol:

Well you are a rabble and still Glenelg's bitch
by FOURTH ESTATE
Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Walkerville FC's Sportsman's Lunch

Lads and Laddettes,
The Walkerville Sportsman's lunch is on again \:D/ :partyman: .
This year we have a couple of great speakers so please get in early if you want to book a ticket or a table.
by Fricky
Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This thread has sunk to new depths when KFC is the headline act of the last few pages.
Oh how I long for the return of w#i#t#a#c#e#.
by Spargo
Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

You're clearly right FOURTH ESTATE, and I accept that you being a Richmond and Glenelg supporter, you'd be eminently qualified to make that judgement.
by GWW
Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |