Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Yeah 36-37 I'm guessing. Seen him play a couple times this year, always the first bloke to get his hands on it, and quickest hands around. Gives nairne first use at every contest.
The fella that come runner up is really young to I think, he's a bull of a midfielder if I'm thinking of the right one, there's two that both play in the midfield there, I'm pretty sure he's the taller one. Maybe McGahey is passing on his knowledge to the fella.

Congrats to all medal winners as well.
by Toto
Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Australian football leagues, who rates best?

Sorry scottyroo, I have seen a few games here and there when I can, but not enough to comment on the standard of the whole competition.
And not having juniors follow, not many grounds have decent parking. A long with what I have heard from recruits from div 1 amateurs to the country I have spoken with all have said exactly the same thing, that country footy leagues atmosphere is what draws them out to these leagues. Obviously div 1 standard is excellent, and probably the closest thing to SANFL footy. I'm not having a dig at the standard, but you can't beat country footy atmosphere in my opinion.
by Toto
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Darcy Hourigan would have to be one of if not the best power forwards in SA country footy?? Bloke is a monster and rarely misses.
by Toto
Sun May 27, 2018 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah Cheney wouldn’t have signed as a ‘player’, he would be the ‘canteen manager’ or ‘bar manager’ wouldn’t he?......
by Toto
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

If it’s Max Wakefield you’re talking about, the bloke can play!!! Freaky forward, can go
In to the middle if needed, bit of an enigma.
by Toto
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don’t think Nairne have come up for the seniors, from what I’ve heard their senior players were selfless in voting 100% to go up for the better of the club in the long run, letting the juniors play against the best opposition and further their skills, they could have easily voted against and won premierships in div 2, and continue to dominate the junior grades but they’ve made the best move for the club. I doubt they were expecting to come up and the seniors have instant success, they’ve probably done the opposite to Echunga who had a very strong A grade side and won a flag straight away, but juniors have seriously struggled. The scores I’ve seen from Nairne juniors are very surprising, I wouldn’t be shocked if the featured in finals on most junior grades, which will hold the club in good stead in 5+ years.
Short term pain, long term gain. Good on them.
Most clubs are very happy to have them up in div 1 from the people I’ve spoken to, and they’ve conducted themselves very well, Blackwood said they were very professional, and filled their club rooms after the game with players and supporters to have a drink with them.

But yes, today could be very painful for the seniors.
by Toto
Sat May 04, 2019 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Australian football leagues, who rates best?

GSFL, HFL D1 and BLGFA the big 3 ahead of the rest IMO. River Murray and SFL 5-10 years ago in that same group. KNTFL, YPFL and Western Border in that next group as well I think personally.
by Toto
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Onkas beat Encounter bay by 10+ goals, Mount Barker played Barossa Districts at Williamstown, Nairne beat Imperials in the bridge by 100+ apparently.
by Toto
Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GF to be held at Lobethal and not the Summit. For once I actually commend the league office for its transparency and explanation as to why, it makes total sense to anyone that has been there. What I cannot believe is the absolute lack of responsibility by the Mount Barker council to invest in it to get it up to scratch for such events. It’s absolute disgrace to do it so half arsed. It would be great to see the SANFL and AFL step in to help. Will Mount Barker return to Howard lane? I would.
by Toto
Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

I believe that Mount Barker do pay a lease fee. If I was them I’d be going back to their home next year.
by Toto
Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 big games to shape the 5 this week in what’s been a pretty predictable season from about round 3 with the top 5 being 10+ goals better than the rest.
I think Uraidla beat lofty who’ll lose their 4th on the trot and could let the double chance slip!
Onkas can push their name forward for that spot with a win over Nairne and adversely the rams can stitch up second spot.

Dorf will be in cruise control and I’d imagine will win by 20 goal. Barker by 15+ goal and I think Blackwood just over Lobey to keep the tiniest hood alive of a top 5 spot (I think?).
by Toto
Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Nairne in both grades in closer games.
Onkas by 4 goals in the A grade
Blackwood by 5+ goals in the rezzies
So agree!
by Toto
Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Both Terlich and Amato got ahold of Lofty in a big win. They come in to Hahndorf full of confidence. Not sure I’d like to be playing Hahndorf after being touched up for the first time in a long time. Weather looking incredible for a big prelim!!!
by Toto
Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don’t blame them. Howard lane is their home and has their soul. Joke how the council and government have dealt with it.
by Toto
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Jaensch to Riverton from Nairne who were a very impressive side knocking Hahndorf off twice in the finals to win the HFL D1 flag. Got a cannon of a left foot and I think he will enjoy the bigger drier decks out your way. Handy get for Riverton.
by Toto
Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What are Kilburn? D4? Hell Echunga aren’t flash but I’d say they should still deal with a D4 Ammo’s side Scottroo….HFL D1 is well above D4 ammos mate.
by Toto
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How good would a “Best of” tournament be? 2 Grand finalist from GSFL, BLGFA, HFL D1, SFL and even RMFL in a round robin comp. 2x 20 minute halves.
by Toto
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How good would a “Best of” tournament be? 2 Grand finalist from GSFL, BLGFA, HFL D1, SFL and even RMFL in a round robin comp. 2x 20 minute halves.

It'd be brilliant, would sort out bragging rights too! I reckon it'd be as good as the Country Champs, if not better.

I agree. Scrap the country champs, find a heap of sponsors so there’s decent prize money on offer to lure clubs into fielding their best sides, it’d be awesome! Use previous years standings as the next years rankings for fixtures etc. Could be on to something here!
by Toto
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |