Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Country footy history book - every club in SA!

I have just purchased Peter Lines new book 'The History of Football in the East Murray District' after watching his interview with Peter Goers on You Tube.

Although I have collected his first two books on country football I wasn’t really looking to buy this new book as I have no particular interest in East Murray football. However the You Tube video aroused my interest and as it only cost me $30 plus postage I thought why not.

I haven’t been able to put the book down, it is an excellent account of a century of football played in a district I had previously no knowledge of. Surprisingly I found there were people I knew in the book and others I had heard of. There were many great stories in the book, some made me laugh and others I must confess almost brought me to tears.

Peter Lines is to be congratulated on this outstanding book. He has progressed from football historian to football historian and story teller. The photographs in the book are excellent and as per usual his facts and figures are right on the money.

I have no hesitation in recommending this book to all country football followers as it is a well written and captivating account of not only football in the East Murray district but of country football in general.
by Boots N' All
Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |