Search found 44 matches

Return

Re: HFL Country Division

Spot on Wazza. Lots of hard working and community minded people having the rug pulled from under them. Posters obviously having the luxury of living in a community where they have options for their kids and families, then not giving a rats about anyone else. Then making a decision that will destroy someone else's community without a hint of guilt. Missing the point of why town sport exists.
by On The Pine
Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New poster and jumpring between the country and central threads as new to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. As I said in the central forum theres a lot going on in this league and I see with some dismay and interest being from a small town that Sedan Cambrai are struggling and were voted out..what affect does that have to a small town and community with a netball club that follows the footy. Is the towns and league so cruel to chop an entire town out because they cant fill a junior team. I see that there are rules but rules do need to reflect what is happening in small communities and be able to adjust. Do central clubs or country only clubs vote on such important decisions like this?
I feel for Sedan Cambrai as a community as in winter what other choice of sport do they have? Certainly doesnt sound like the people who voted them out where thinking about being inclusive and giving as many players as possible a go at playing football for their local town.
But hey what do I know, I am sure I will learn more about the ins and outs of this league as I get to 'shop' around..!

Just to be clear, they haven't been 'voted out', they have been put into Division 3. They remain a member club of the HFL.
by Elmer J Thudpucker
Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Should be a ripping competition this year with most teams improving, thought id do a review of each team to see how there lining up for the year, (bare in mind I dont know all ins and outs).

Echunga- My tip for the flag and to go back to back, highly talented and quick side plus the additions of guy, montgomery, wilson and as RD mentioned another midfielder they will be even better then last year. Going to be hard to beat and hopefully with those additions there B grade will improve, plus their juniors will continue to improve so hard to see a relegation battle this year.

Uraidla- Lost daniel ebert to kersbrook and vidic retired plus kluvanek to sturt but they still have a lot of class with ivens and delvins staying around so you can never rule them out. Also they have a lot of depth in their B grade which helps but i dont think their quick enough to keep up with the likes of echunga and lobethal now and will struggle to beat them but you never know what that grand final loss will do to a proud and highly competitive group. Cant wait for their first game against echunga this year will be a ripper!

Lobethal- Losing johnson hurts as he was a big key for them last year, Luccon will offset that loss if he decides to quit norwood and play for them. Either way though with baust returning they are my tip to play echunga in the GF as they are highly talented led by nitchske and the jenkin brothers. Im excited to see them play echunga also as there is plenty of bad blood between the two sides.

Mt Barker- Havent heard much out of the barker camp but its hard to imagine they havent been recruiting, to cover the loss of pope (out for most of the year with an ACL). Had a horrid run with injury last year with block, hughes and pope missing big chunks of the year, but with a fully fit side they are still one of the better sides in the comp and there is no doubt they will be up there again this year as they have a a lot of talented players.

Blackwood- Lost eagle, Karkouer and Ahmat-Watkins but have two big ins with Bricknell and Thompson. I can see them improving as there recruits are upgrades over last years especially bricknell who will be one of the best players in the comp, they also have so much depth with their b grade being miles better than any other B grade which helps offset injuries. I reckon another middle of the table finish for them though as they lack the class of the upper echelon of teams.

Ironbank- Kept Motlop and added Hitchcock and De Visser but lost Mcgahey who is an underated loss even though his football ability isnt what it once was, he added a lot of experience and composure to the midfield. In saying that though Hitchcock is a big pick up and will kick a lot of goals, giving more support to motlop which was lacked last year. Its about time they moved up from the constant 6-8 position and made a splash in the finals as they continuously under perform.

Torrens Valley- Gained Hanna from Gums and Boras from Broadview (I'd hate to see how much they paid Boras as that bloke asks for a lot of cash) but i believe they lost dale ellis and the Jordan Brothers. Keeping O'sullivan was key as once he arrived they improved significantly and were one of the better sides in the second half of the year. Boras will just take over Dale's spot and kick a lot of goals meaning they wont miss dale to much. Will be interesting to see if they play on the shit hole of an oval all year round also as that gave them a big advantage.

Onka Valley- Gained Grocke for the second half of the year and obviously Mcgahey will play as well as coach, not sure if they have lost any players but i reckon they will improve on last year as Mcgahey will get them super fit and even last year once they got all their players back from injury they improved significantly. Will be much better than last year but still middle of the road for mine.

Hahndorf- Gained hourigan and Wittwer whilst losing big Dan roberts with some older guys retiring. Will be better than last year as im assuming most of their players wont be travelling overseas again but hard to see them improving so much as to make the finals. They will just keep geting games into all their talented youngsters and will get better in the years to come. Hankin being back also helps and they will have a highly talented forward line but their lack of depth will hurt.

Mt Lofty- Lost Gordan and peterson-gray ( Hardly played last year tho) and have gained no one to my knowledge. If they havent gained anyone they will struggle as it will repeat of 2013 in central div where they just relied on miles, nielsen and burch. They have high class top end talent but there bottom few are weak and thats why they will struggle, also lack talls even though Oheril was really good last year and will be very important for them this year but need a few more Nielsens to be a genuine threat. I know people will say look at what echunga did last year but they had some high class talls in Carey, Edmonds and Cranna whilst added two guns in Lindsay and Aish, whereas lofty this year have lost players not gained any, so i find it hard to see them doing an Echunga of this year.
by batmanbegins
Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, only one team in a comp that is made up of Milang and other clubs fielding sides with excess players. If it was a structured Div 3 then no problems with that concept. No netball with C grade, that comp follows Div 2 with most clubs fielding sides. The gate is something I hadn't thought of. The answer is yes for Div 2 but I would doubt it for C grade, but maybe someone can enlighten us.
by On The Pine
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this Sedan thing has me interested, I feel like travelling out there to support them! Have checked the A grade results and see that they have won 7 A grade games since 2010 and most were against Callington which I understand Elmer is now part of your club.
I admire any club that has been able to still hold itself together to even field 2 snr teams - it shows the level of support that this club has from its community.

Someone finally who gets it. Now, if you do come out, bring about 15 kids as well!
by On The Pine
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New poster and jumpring between the country and central threads as new to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. As I said in the central forum theres a lot going on in this league and I see with some dismay and interest being from a small town that Sedan Cambrai are struggling and were voted out..what affect does that have to a small town and community with a netball club that follows the footy. Is the towns and league so cruel to chop an entire town out because they cant fill a junior team. I see that there are rules but rules do need to reflect what is happening in small communities and be able to adjust. Do central clubs or country only clubs vote on such important decisions like this?
I feel for Sedan Cambrai as a community as in winter what other choice of sport do they have? Certainly doesnt sound like the people who voted them out where thinking about being inclusive and giving as many players as possible a go at playing football for their local town.
But hey what do I know, I am sure I will learn more about the ins and outs of this league as I get to 'shop' around..!

Just to be clear, they haven't been 'voted out', they have been put into Division 3. They remain a member club of the HFL.

"Division 3" is nothing more than a kick and catch C-Grade, same effect as being kicked out.
So what should happen. 8 clubs who can fill the requirements bend to 1 club who can't. ](*,)
Milang are happy to play within their means in the so called kick & catch comp.
Again we all know the biggest issue in country div is clubs not having junior teams.
Maybe we should just have 1 div as that works so well for SFL.
by cracka
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Division 3" is nothing more than a kick and catch C-Grade, same effect as being kicked out.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Hamley's team LAST YEAR would have had a good year in the BLG, but that's a spec$al case

Mate name a team that has won a flag in a decent comp that hasn't paid out some coin to have the best side (especially comps realitively close to Adelaide)... It's unavoidable whether you like it or not!

BLG for example, all of Barossa Tanunda and Gawler Central would have paid a decent amount to get their premiership teams on the park, and good on them, if they didnt spend it they likely wouldn't have anything in the trophy cabinet! This having a go at clubs these days for spending money is usually only done by sides who either wont spend it a finish nowhere or spend it on the wrong people and still finish nowhere.

Given your two lads have played at other clubs for $$$$ i wouldn't think you would be accusing clubs of spending it?!?
by RooShootOhh
Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Redsox you have some serious issues mate. You posts are bashing echunga 99% of the time. Get a life, they won the flsg and the court case and now they are trying to address junior number issues and you are having a go at them. Maybe you should get off your a$$ and do something to help your club instead of attacking others having a go!

Ouch. No issues here mate and I do plenty for my club but I like how you use the $ for you letter S.
by redsox
Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Redsox you have some serious issues mate. You posts are bashing echunga 99% of the time. Get a life, they won the flsg and the court case and now they are trying to address junior number issues and you are having a go at them. Maybe you should get off your a$$ and do something to help your club instead of attacking others having a go!
by R. White
Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why can't the Hahndorf juniors follow S/C when they play away, and then play Friday night/Sunday at Hahndorf when S/C play at home? It only effects each club once, and would mean the junior parents don't need to travel all the way to S/C.
That may suit the southern div 2 sides. It means the volunteers have to go to 2 venues on a weekend though . Clubs want their juniors playing at the same venue as their senior sides every week. As stated before, if Sedan aren't in div 2 then this can happen for the 1st time in years. Also most HFL clubs don't want div 1 clubs propping up the div 2 junior comp.

It's 1 weekend a year for each club. I'm sure they can live with that.

If S/C go to div 3, what happens with the extra Hahndorf juniors? they miss out on playing footy? If they go to a neighbouring club they are going to push another kid out of the team so that kid misses out. There are no winners in this.
by toot toot
Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From the outside it looks like Bridgwater/Callington have handled this relegation matter with some grace, just getting on with the business and rebuilding, internally they must be gutted. There are some genuine good blokes on their board and they have had quality junior players the last few years, I think they won a few mail medals there. I wonder what Vaughn would say, and I miss the Devils Advocate too.
Meanwhile I understand the HFL Board are being charged with us losing the submarine deal.
by Windbag
Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Noted re Gumeracha, hopefully just a 'one off'. So if Hahndorf hadnt have helped Kangarilla would they be able to fill a side in Senior Colts? I didnt realise/appreciate just how strong Hahndorf is with their numbers of players in junior ranks. If they didnt help and Kangarilla didnt have enough to fill a team in Senior Colts that then would have created a another hole in this comp. Has adjusting the age groups been considered /analysed to see if this helps (eg U14, U16 and U18 Or U12, U14 and U16?) with numbers of eligible kids?
I've suggested at HFL meetings that div 2 ages be U13, U15 & U18. Changing the age GAP to 3 years from junior colts to senior colts has been talked about but there are some opposed to that saying it's too big a gap. The review from last year suggested div 2 be U12, U14.5 & U17.5 but I think junior colts is the critical age group to be the same in both divs. If div 2 senior colts, which is the biggest problem in div 2, is half a year older than div 1 it might help div 2 clubs get players who are not quite ready for senior footy (A, B or C grade).
by cracka
Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like the idea of a slightly different age gap for Div 2 (slightly older) than Div 1 for the reason you mention, it gives Div 1 clubs perhaps opportunity to help more in the Div 2 where possible. It then helps everyone doesnt it? I recall the AFL stipulating - or indicating - that no more than 2 years age gap in the colts area, so maybe this was an issue. So maybe then its U14, U16 and U18. I do hope the league board and clubs work through this in 2015 so that when the finals are over it can just be implemented for 2016. All that is occuring is a a lot of negativity at the moment. Forum users should be wildly discussing the big ins and outs and who is the team to beat at this time of the season
Correct, it's AFL policy of 2 year age Gaps. Their suggestion is play 15 or even 12 a side for leagues that struggle to fill the numbers. Not ideal. Not sure how RFL Independent get away with it but they have 13 year olds playing 17 year olds in their colts comp.
by cracka
Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

@legsman these numbers are intresting . Blackwood 5000 please they tap in to a much wider area than just blackwood alone and would be drawing from a similar or bigger pond than mt barker .
The key is where schools are based kids want to play with there mates .
teams such as mt lofty ,blackwood ,mt barker ,birdwood ,and onkas are always to a certian leg up regarding senior colts and to a certian extent jr colts from the schools location .
At the end of the day its comes down to 2 things
1 the environment you provide to jrs throughout all grades to make them want to stay and follow through to senior footy.
2 bloody hard work from voulenteers and players to get to the local primary schools and run aus kick clinics etc.

not all kids are just going to roll in the door !
If you build it they will come
by the wonder elephant
Thu May 21, 2015 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you haven't read Gimp's post please read and if you don't agree keep reading it until you do!

The Div 1 / Div 2 structure should pit clubs of similar strength against one another yet many of you only care about senior football which would be at the expense of competitive junior football. Generally big towns = Div 1, small towns = Div 2 simple! Also move any clubs not filling juniors into a C Grade comp. Why fight so hard to change to league so you can play in a comp that you can't ever seriously compete in across all grades.

I would add to Gimps post that it is not only the AFL/SANFL that could do more. Each club can just about always do more to get into schools in the surrounding area. Schools can be 15km away, but if you are prepared to put the work in, the kids will come. You just need to find some parents willing to help (that's the hard part).
by Amateur Footy
Thu May 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Panther32 wrote:So do people think the scheduling played any part in the result?

can't see how - Uraidla were 9 points up at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter.
by Elmer J Thudpucker
Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahndorf might not have him this year in a playing capacity if the rumour I hear is true.

3 strikes your out?????
Isn't it great that we all can come on here and defame, insult and spread rumours hiding under a fictitious name. I would have thought the AFL would be all over a " 3 strikes". Perhaps they don't read these forums. And I bet that Afterthesiren is a saint "ALLEGEDLY "
by Grumpy Old B
Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can we get back to talking about the bloody footy???
I'm sure there is plenty of players out there that have done worse that Matty Jaencsh in the league (one Onkas player has done something a million times worst and served his time and no one brings that up at all)
Obviously he has got some demons in his head and if being back in his home town of Hahndorf helps him get through it then by all means let's support it. Embrace it and enjoy the challenge, but let's remember one player isn't a whole team.
by chopper7
Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't believe this thread has not had any moderation given the litigious nature of what is being said about the guy. I must admit the circumstances don't add up to me, despite the full page story in the Courier, I am not sure I buy the "story" as it's been told to date. What we have here is a guy in his mid twenties, who after 7 years has got sick of his job, and chucked it in. But because he is a "footballer" he must have done something wrong, and illegal to boot. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't but until the full story comes out the speculation is just that... speculation.
by Corona Man
Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footytragic001971 wrote:careful wazz and corona.
if you two keep talking like this you may get elected to the HFL board.

(Mind you these are the sort of ideas that it definitely needs.)

Clearly by the conversation we are having, we are both over qualified, and therefore would not be considered!
by Corona Man
Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

careful wazz and corona.
if you two keep talking like this you may get elected to the HFL board.

(Mind you these are the sort of ideas that it definitely needs.)
by footytragic001971
Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

someone send up the bat signal!

where are the caped crusaders weekly tips??
by footytragic001971
Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it is dangerous to right Uraidla off, but I do suspect it suggests they are not as all powerful as they once were (not long ago).
But the current table positions should be looked at in the context of the teams played.
For example, Hahndorf haven't played Blackwood, Torrens Valley or Uraidla yet.
we will find out just how powerful they are in the next three weeks.
by footytragic001971
Tue May 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He got the coaches son in a high tackle, there was no malice in it and the coach approached him and apparently pushed the player. After three ironbank players struck him the umpire still gave a free kick for ironbank. Lucky the game was over, worst decision of the day from where I was seated. Who is going to contend with hahndorf if they reach their full capability ? TV were 10+ goal down at one stage prior to a great comeback.

Personally, I believe any team in the top 5 or 6 could beat hahndorf on there day. As been seen in the last 2 seasons, anything can happen in finals
by theduck
Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When finals come around everyone involved is always a chance. This year especially, I think Mt Barker will be unlucky one to miss out. But saying that IF Hahndorf gel at the right time, with a full side and everything clicks no one will be able to beat them.
by Punches
Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

looks like there"s been plenty of goading going on over the past 2 weeks.
i wonder if the CFL OR Zone register can goad any club or player into telling the truth about their financial status.
yes Mt Barker are big underachievers along with Blackwood and onkas.
will interleague be played next year?
if liberal don"t get in will Mt Barker have a new oval?
by running defender
Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No sour grapes.
They got one back on us after the pastings we gave them
The last two years.
When was their last premiership ?
Yep, until last Saturday we were the only club not to have beaten Echunga since they returned to div 1.
Our last premiership was in 94.
Just out of curiosity when was Echungas last non tax payer funded div 1 flag. :D
by cracka
Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This permit thing is out of hand. And whilst on the surface I dont agree with what has been allowed with the Onkas player - to put up a statement like Ironbank have publicly on their facebook page is far from acceptable, I dont care what the circumstances or how grieved they are. By doing this they have brought THEIR league into disrepute. Of course they will argue that the HFL did this first, but follow the appropriate protocols and escalation process within the HFL and the CFL. Yes it is clear that the HFL appear to have an issue here..but playing it out in public doesnt help anyone. Call a meeting and seek direction and clarity and ask for a please explain? It does tend to otherwise face the risk of sour grapes - which Im sure its not but some would form that opinion.

You are right, from the outside I can see how this would appear to be sour grapes.

I actually feel bad for the young Onkas fella who only wants to play football.

But this is about the rules that every club has written and voted for, and then voted for people to sit on the HFL Board to administer them.

I believe Ironbank sought direction and clarity and asked for a please explain. If I gave you the answer that was given you would be speechless.

I believe the appropriate protocols and escalation process was followed by Ironbank.

This resulted in the HFL President resigning. Without any further comment, the rest would have been swept under the carpet and no one would know the reasons for the resignation. Craig Stratfold is at least owed the truth to come out for his reason for resigning. And if someone doesn't say why and not show support for him, nothing will change.
by Armytank
Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah fair call Corona. I don't know for a fact, but I would like to believe there is still teams out there that are
full of guys playing footy (and of course getting some money) whose main motivation is success.
In my experience any team who has too many guys only there for the coin will not be successful.

Being able to buy a flag is a complete myth perpetuated by the naïve!
by footytragic001971
Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't be fooled into joining the dots based on the standards others set.

Maybe they are a talented group of players (most of them local) who are happy to be paid a little less
to stay together and enjoy success. It does happen you know!

I agree with you to a point.... I am saying they were paying nothing, and nothing was the result they got. Now they are paying something and getting a good return.... Good luck to them.
by Corona Man
Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jaensch to play his last game for Hahndorf in the GF - Will be recruited by Geelong!
He might not be the only GF player playing his last game for his club. Have been told from a reliable source that the mail medalist is returning to his grass roots team next year. Perhaps the money pit is drying up. I wonder if the vacant coaching job at the Roos could also see a past coach return he might even take his son with him.

Sorry Fellows. I know I talk in riddles BUT I meant that the TV money pit was drying up. Its the current mail medallist who is returning to his grass roots team. And their coach has also coached at Mt B. Hahndorf as most clubs are, are under the salary cap currently imposed.
by Grumpy Old B
Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well said wazz and herewegoagain. Too many people seem to work on the theory that good players only play
for teams if their is large sums of money in it for them. And this is just not true!!!
I am certain there is lots of outstanding footballers who just want to enjoy playing at their local club and to play in successful teams.

The blanket statement that Hahdorf have put this squad together on the back of a huge pile of money is just plain wrong.
No doubt they have guys who are being payed well for their services, but it is primarily made up of guys who played junior footy at the club
and have come back. Torrens Valley on the other hand struggle to get juniors through so they have to buy more talent. I say go for it, because
most of the guys they have brought in have stayed for a long time and become good contributors to the club.
There is more than one way to be successful!

It is probably fair to say that the two best teams made the grand final, and it should be an excellent contest.
by footytragic001971
Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The oval's ok at this point, that's what investment in drainage does to an oval. The lack of traffic has helped with regrowth over the last month. Rain tomorrow means it'll get chewed up fairly quickly but I doubt it'll be a mud bath, unless it pours all day. It's being mowed as we speak so the grass coverage will be nice and even, in racing terms a soft 7 at the moment. Let's pray the weather gods are kind.

Notice some cars parked around the oval, They'll have a prime view of the back of a marquee. Idiots! Least they're close to the bar!
by Yellow & Black
Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now that the season is over, let the silly season begin.

Anyone heard any player movement rumours.
Anyone heard and coaching movement rumours.
The sillier the better I say!!

Echunga to win the 2017 Premiership!

Cant see them finishing above Bridgewater, Kersbrook or Birdwood.

I assume you were talking about Div 2 premiership ??

I was being completely flippant....however you are most likely correct in your Div 2 summary. I have no idea what will transpire in the off season. I was simply taking the piss!
by Corona Man
Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel that Sunday works well for the HFLW. A number of those players still play women's sports such as netball, and the Sunday slot allows them to play both. HFLW is working VERY well in the hills at the moment and is growing in participation, with a lot of spectators watching on a Sunday arvo with a beer or two. Putting the Women into the Saturday slot would also leave Girls football (which currently is mostly played Sunday as well) hanging out on a limb.
Building on comments you have put forward, it seems to me that Country Division sides (who always have the two senior teams - just missing juniors basically) could host a lot of the modified junior football that is played on Friday nights, rather than your suggestion of HFLW. No doubt there would be programming challenges with that though. This may be an alternative to the idea of trying to have all players in one comp. Certainly, allowing a tier 2 level comp to exist saves repeating the error of 1983, when there were many extremely one sided games.
by TooNice
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK now the season is over, Im just going to start the conversation about the divisions and junior comps. This is to promote some discussion;

The league announce that as of 2023 (this gives clubs 2 years to get it done) there will be only 1 x division with a minium requirement to field As, Bs, 18s, 16s.
The 14s and under age groups are not mandatory and will be a comp run on seperate days/nights
The league with support of the SACFL provides Div 2 clubs financial assistance for mergers to occur, those clubs that merge will get a 10% increase in salary cap for 2 x years and 4 extra APPs per year for 2 years and $1 for $1 to replace guernseys across all 4 x Div 1 teams.
The Senior womens footy games where possible play on Saturday game day between the 18s and Reserves
Any clubs with an excess of players in any grade are fielded in an extra comp open to all clubs in the HFL, if there is not enough teams then clubs can field these teams in a metro comp (clubs cant field a metro comp team if there is a comp available in the Hills).
The C Grade can continue if there is excess senior numbers.

If any club doesnt want to take up the opportunity in a Div 1 comp they play elsewhere in another league or they with any other Div 2 clubs that dont want to join start up a Hills Independant league, so basically come up to Div 1 level, merge or go elsewhere.

Again, just trying to start a conversation to get peoples ideas, not saying this is the answer, but all our brains put together will surely have something positive to contribute.

One thing that cannot be mucked around with is Div 1 comp. We need to lift teams up to this level not bring Div 1 down.

Merging clubs is a sign of the times, a club disappaering altogether is the worst outcome. At least with a merger each club brings their history to the new club. Emotions need to be put aside and either merge or they will fold and be lost forever.

Let the discussion begin. Its more appropriate to offer up in your comments ideas to improve the comp, dont just bag my ideas without an alternate solution :)

Personally I think a single division competition is the best way to approach the future for the HFL. A single division with 12 - 14 teams would benefit the league as whole in both the senior and in particular the junior grades. To accomplish this it obviously means the culling of some clubs. Whether that be mergers, folding or moving to another league. There are some proud small clubs in both divisions, and convincing them to do so (if that’s even possible) would be a mammoth task.
by BurntToast
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

wazzal77 really trying to push that one division - you wouldn't happen to be on the HFL board by any chance? What is more than likely is the HFL will get swallowed up just like what is going to happen in the South East this coming year. Create a super league of GSFL, SFL & HFL over 3 divisions... or maybe just SFL & HFL to start (with a couple of ex SFL who are now in SAAFL chucked in there).... and have a true promotion/relegation set up every year like the SAAFL.

Such As (pretty well just based on last years placings) :
DIVISION 1
Hahndorf FC
Lobethal FC
Onkaparinga Valley FC
Mt Barker FC
Blackwood FC
Uraidla FC
Noarlunga FC
Christies Beach FC
Flagstaff Hill FC

DIVISION 2
Mt Lofty FC
Nairne Bremer FC
Echunga FC
Ironbank Cheery Gardens FC
Birdwood FC
Bridgewater FC
Gumeracha FC
Kersbrook FC
Reynella FC
Port Noarlunga FC
Morphett Vale FC

DIVISION 3
Kangarilla FC
Meadows FC
Macclesfield FC
Torrens Valley FC
Marion FC
Cove FC
Aldinga FC
Happy Valley FC
O'Sulivan Beach Lonsdale FC
by B&F
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Blyth have appointed local school teacher Tim Packer as the new A Grade coach.

Not sure what happened with Bassani but surprised Blyth made the move.
by whufc
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It would seem obvious to have Mt Barker Football Club be the primary tenant. Perhaps the HFL with the head lease (for football months) subletting it to Mt Barker Football Club for minor round games. Maybe then, finals played there under HFL banner - but the old problem is who runs the services like canteen, bar and BBQ areas and who keeps the money. As we all know, if you have to pay people to do this stuff, there is much less revenue. Clubs hosting finals is also a much needed revenue source for clubs, so the existence of this facility may change that dynamic as well. Also, is the area fenced off to allow gate sales on any match day? Big miss for a solution if as I suspect it is all open.
by TooNice
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My lad is playing 18's at Kangarilla this year and have been really enjoying the HFL experience so far.

They went from 6 players in January to now having nearly 30, have a number of 15 & 16yo's and are the only Div 2 team in the comp, got convincingly beaten in their 1st 2 games, but have now won 4 of their last 5 and sit 5th.

The canteens and BBQ's are next level also! :D
by Dutchy
Mon May 24, 2021 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keefy wrote:Uraidla by plenty over Lobethal in the prelim today

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Surprised at the ease in which Uris demolished Lobey twice in three weeks.
by saintal
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barkeroo wrote:
wazzal77 wrote:Echunga for country division next year? If so any country clubs looking for the step up to Div 1?

You think they should go down? Or hearing that they want to?

Its already been announced that they won their appeal and are staying up next year.
by caleb777
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Just wondering how many junior teams the clubs will be fielding this year? Is there numbers coming through the ranks that will ensure that clubs survive? Country footy in many locations is in trouble with the lack of juniors.

Country Div Clubs certainly not flushed with Juniors. But think all the clubs except Gumeracha are fielding an Under 14s team in 2023 which would be the most for a while. And there is an Under 16.5 comp running which didn't in 2022.
by Cougar
Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |