Search found 20 matches

Return

Re: West Indies v England

am Bays wrote:Three balls back after his illness, Trott globes up

1 for 1 five balls in to over #1.

test cricket beats the IPL rubbish

Test cricket beats T20 rubbish period.

I want the Strikers to do well but it doesn't break my heart if they don't.

It's the Test matches that count.
by RoosterMan
Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jason Gillespie considering SA coaching job

Jason Gillespie considering taking up role with South Australia instead of possible England job

April 13, 2015 9:00PM

SOUTH AUSTRALIA is moving tantalisingly closer to a dream appointment of Jason Gillespie as Redbacks and Strikers coach.

Gillespie has been locked in as Strikers coach but The Advertiser last month revealed the former Test paceman was also considering the Redbacks role, replacing Darren Berry.

The lure of home and unprecedented autonomy in reforming SA cricket - then succeeding Darren Lehmann as Australia coach - is now an attractive prospect for title winning Yorkshire coach Gillespie.

Former Lord’s boss, now SACA chief Keith Bradshaw, has told The Advertiser that the next coaching appointments for the struggling Redbacks and Strikers are the most critical in its history with Gillespie a one-stop solution.

Having got his man for the T20 job, Bradshaw can offer a compelling vision across all forms for Gillespie.

Returning home to Adelaide Oval would mean leaving the White Roses program Gillespie reformed then steered to the 2014 County title. Yorkshire also has six players in England’s squad to tour the West Indies.

Gillespie would have to again ignore overtures to coach England if, or when, under pressure Peter Moores departs before or post Ashes.

Bradshaw has set up a crack committee including Test great Adam Gilchrist and AFL legend David Parkin to review South Australian cricket and recruit a head coach if Gillespie declines the Redbacks role.

However SACA’s chances of snaring Gillespie full time from next season have shortened.

While Gillespie was hired at Yorkshire by incoming England and Wales Cricket Board chairman Colin Graves, the game in the Old Dart is in a state of flux, with the ECB now searching for a replacement for Paul Downton as director of cricket.

Former England skipper Andrew Strauss is interested in the director of cricket role replacing Downton.

Another former Ashes-winning skipper and Gillespie confidant Michael Vaughan is also in the hunt for the ECB role.

SACA will be out to reclaim its favourite son before the ECB and possibly Vaughan can secure Gillespie.
Originally published as SACA set to swoop on Dizzy before England

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/jason-gillespie-considering-taking-up-role-with-south-australia-instead-of-possible-england-job/story-fndpt0dy-1227302517698
by RoosterMan
Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Top 5 Most Over-Rated Players Going Around

woodublieve12 wrote:wingard

Love the profile signature, mate.

That line will line up as one of Bruce's best lines along with his call of Cathy Freeman's win in the 400m at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
by RoosterMan
Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

I am still stunned we lost on the weekend.

I know the Doggies are in form but that was a game we pissed down the drain.

Our accuracy in front of goal was awful and I lost count of how many times we kept fumbling it.

Yes the conditions were atrocious, but being highly paid professional footballers there was no excuse to put in a piss poor performance like that.
by RoosterMan
Mon May 04, 2015 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane Lions 2015

Great to see Brisbane wearing the Fitzroy jumpers on the weekend.

Hopefully that becomes a permanent fixture whenever they play in Melbourne.

It's brilliant to see the Fitzroy Lion back on the jumpers again.

They've been doing it for years

Yes I know that but this season is the first time in a few years that the Fitzroy Lion is back on the Brisbane guernseys since they brought in the Paddlepop Lion as their corporate logo.

I say the same thing about the Swans guernseys as well that I'd like to see the old South jumpers whenever we play in Melbourne.
by RoosterMan
Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by RoosterMan
Wed May 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by RoosterMan
Thu May 28, 2015 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by RoosterMan
Sat May 30, 2015 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by RoosterMan
Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by RoosterMan
Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by RoosterMan
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 - Glenelg v North @ Gliderol Stadium (Mon 8/6)

What idiot at the SANFL decided to schedule a game on a Monday afternoon?

Only two men and a dog will be able to turn up on a Monday afternoon.

These clowns do know people work for a living?
by RoosterMan
Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Judd Retires

That's the end of a great career.

One of the all time legends of the game and one of only a few to have got a Norm Smith Medal in a losing team in the Swans famous 2005 Grand Final win.

All the best for your future endeavours Juddy.
by RoosterMan
Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval

Brilliant win over the Legs yesterday. Fantastic result in front of 3009 passionate fans at Prospect. Fantastic performance by the lads and made my first game at Prospect since moving from Sydney in the off season very sweet indeed.
by RoosterMan
Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Shane's only claim to fame is being Port's first goalscorer in an AFL game in 1997.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
by RoosterMan
Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Wish someone would wipe that smug grin off Broad's dial. Can't stand that prick.

by RoosterMan
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You just love to see it.Image

by RoosterMan
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

England team show themselves to be a pack of hypocritical whingers

What a pack of sanctimonious sore losers. The protesting Poms can have a two finger salute – which could also double as the series score, writes Dean Ritchie.

England team show themselves to be a pack of hypocritical whingers

What a pack of sanctimonious sore losers. The protesting Poms can have a two finger salute – which could also double as the series score, writes Dean Ritchie.

Dean Ritchie

July 3, 2023 - 5:08PM

What a pack of sanctimonious, miserable, sore losers.

England’s cry-baby reaction to a fair dismissal in the Lord’s cricket Test has shown their national cricket team to be hypocritical, pompous whingers.

Alex Carey’s stumping of a vague Jonny Bairstow was legal, moral and, ultimately, a match-winner.

The protesting Poms can have a two finger salute – which could also double as the series score. That’s right, it’s two-nil.

Remember Stuart Broad clearly edging an Ashton Agar delivery to first slip at Trent Bridge in 2013 and refusing to walk?

Remember Broad laughing and celebrating when England ran out New Zealand’s Colin de Grandhomme, who walked out of his crease, last year?

Remember on day three when Bairstow, a wicketkeeper, attempted to stump Marnus Labuschagne in exactly the same manner?

And remember England’s head coach, the already under-pressure Brendon McCullum, throwing down the stumps of a batsmen unaware the ball hadn’t yet been declared dead? Oh, and he did that three times in 2005, 2006 and 2009.

England’s posturing and pretence smacks of two-faced double standards. Carey’s actions were quick-thinking, instinctive and well within the perimeters of cricket’s rules.

Brendon McCullum threw the stumps down multiple times during his career as a wicketkeeper, but now it’s not in the spirit of the game?

Did you hear Australian players moan and sob when Mitchell Starc was denied a fair catch in the outfield on day four?

As one journalist wrote: “Turns out the ‘spirit of cricket’ only applies when England says so.”

This non-event was concocted by a team under excruciating pressure for employing a failing new attacking style of play.

Their aggressive batting style – nicknamed Bazball after coach McCallum – is floundering.

And those Lord’s members who want to be known as the aristocratic elite have shown themselves to be mere commoners like the rest of us.

Imagine the silver spoon Long Room faithful, wearing suits and ties, actually taunting, jostling and abusing opposition players? Oh how utterly ashamed they must feel from their distinguished and affluent abodes in Mayfair and Knightsbridge.

And it’s strange how the seemingly all white pavilion appeared to target Usman Khawaja, Australia’s Muslim opening batsman.

The entire episode was shameful and mean-spirited. Lord’s once regal image now belongs in a hearse.

Those pretentious snobs are no better than the Aussie scallywags that once sat on the roughhouse SCG Hill and Bay 13 in Melbourne.

Good Lord, Lord’s.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/england-team-show-themselves-to-be-a-pack-of-hypocritical-whingers/news-story/8683a4d3f8a6971d0566d14b389dd34a[/URL]

by RoosterMan
Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://youtu.be/ygvnaafEGgg

by RoosterMan
Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Grand Final, Glenelg v Sturt

Was at the game thanks to a mate for having a spare ticket, was one of the most enjoyable games I've seen. Not as good as our 2018 drought breaker but still a cracking game of footy.

by RoosterMan
Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |