Tippett
Frawley

2011-12 Tippett was the best thing since slice bread at cows land :lol:
by woodublieve12
Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 3

Round 3 and all the talk suggests finals are just around the corner, well, for Adelaide in Adelaide at least it is.

Friday night Collingwood and the Sainters kick the weekend off, what, no room for Carlton? Collingwood went down to the much improved Adelaide last week, while St Kilda went up to the Goldy and like a storm brewing over the Ippy hinterland, put a dark cloud over the Coast and the Suns didn’t have a chance to shine. I didn’t see St.Kilda winning many, if any this year and a Suns outfit bereft of players willing to work hard gave the Saints 4 points to take with them through 2015.It might be their only points. I’m not sure who to pick here, I think the Pies are the better unit, they aren’t hot, but they should beat the plucky Sainters. Pies by Four’n’Twenty. 4 goals.

Saturday at the G and Carlton take on the Not Guilty players. After looking like they were out on their feet, the Not Guilty players somehow managed to pluck up enough run to finish over the top of the Hawks. The Not Guilty players have a very sound back half, with Hooker, Carlisle and Hurley pumped up and looking as sharp as needles. Carlton with nobody left to kick goals and nobody interested in going there, according to Mick, are on a hiding to nothing against a side who might do some damage at the pointy end of the season, but then again, they may run out of juice when things really get going. Not Guilty players, easily.

The Demons come to Adelaide looking to repeat last year’s massive upset and beat the Crowies on the Adelaide Oval. It won’t happen this time around. Adelaide are looking extremely dangerous up forward, have one of the best midfields in the game and their defence won’t have much to do in this one. With a 1:40 kick off, I hope those AFC folks take a hat to keep the sun off. They might want to sunscreen the roof of their mouth, they’ll be looking up at the scoreboard plenty as it tick’s over in their favour. Melbourne were given a spanking in Canberra last week, it’s legal there. Adelaide by......lots.

The great Sydney take on Greater Sydney in a derby, battle of the bridge, showdown thingy. The Giants went to work on Melbourne, in Canberra, proving someone there does work from time to time. 13 goals to nothing in one stretch and the Giants win 2 on the trot. They’re building nicely and the 368 members they have are loving it. This one will be a bigger, if not the biggest test they face early in 2015, yes, bigger then St.Kilda and Melbourne. You read it first here, folks. They beat the Swans in the corresponding match last year, it won’t happen again this year. The Swans smashed Port in the clinches last week and I’d imagine boring Johnny Longmire would be setting that as the standard for the year. Sydney, the nice one, by 28 points.

Saturday night under the roof Port are nearly at season on the line stage, with Hawthorn and Adelaide to follow, 0-3 would be a disaster and who do we have, our bogey side. North were rubbish through 02/3/4/5 and still had Port in a squirrel grip for 5 years....we just couldn’t beat them. Goldstein is the first hurdle,not an easy one to jump, Harvey is the next, easier to jump but harder to stop. We don’t now and have never had anyone to quell Harvey’s influence on our games. Not many sides do. Our best stopper, Kane Cornes, has never had the turn of speed to negate Boomer. Lobbe is in doubt, Redden is underdone and Ryder/Westhoff/Schulz are yet to find some balance. Port lost this one last year and the Roos got some form back against the hapless Bears last week. Cripes....I just don’t know. I’ll keep backing my lads in though and expect a much more brutal effort around stoppages this week. Port....just, please.

This week has a classic “who cares” match up, the Bears and 9th. The Bears get riddled by injury every year (is it the harder ground they play on most weeks?) while 9th continue to frustrate their army of fans. Seriously, if I supported 9th I’d give footy away, even change clubs, the ridicule of doing that would be easier to wear than barracking for them. Or, just say, “I don’t follow the footy”, which, really means “I barrack for Richmond” so no point using that. The Bears are in for a long, long year. They’ve got a developing midfield but struggle in the big man department. Meanwhile Richmond have one of the best key defenders in the game setting up their back half, Alex Rance. Richmond to set themselves up for a spot just out the 8....Tigers by 32.

The Hawks suffered the most minor of hiccups on the weekend, dropping their guard for the last 5 minutes as Hirdys Hero’s ran over the top of the Hawks by less than a major. That will have the Hawks smarting. On the other side of the coin the Doggies have got a midfield full of talented youngsters and a “youngish” coach who looks like a surfer, talks like a drunk yet somehow brokered ( away from football ) a deal with the ATO and big business that has been used as a blueprint around the world. Anywho, while the young Pups from Footscray look to have a bright future, this week looks bleak for them, facing the Hawks after a rare loss. I think this will be very entertaining, Hawthorn might get Mitchell and Gibson back, but they’ve lost the bloke who jumped off a sinking ship, courageous, Frawley. He’s ripped a pec, ouch, but he can at least sit back while his team wins with him on the sidelines. Hawks by 44.

Geelong host the Suns, not often you hear Geelong and sun in the one breath. The Suns, sans GAblett who is out “indefinitely” with his bung wing head to Sleepy Hollow to take on the rapidly slowing Catters machine. The Cats still have some real class, but their second tier players along with their coach are being questioned while their big blokes up front, a bit like Port, get used to each other. Rocket Eade will be teaching the young Sunny boys what a good ol’ bake is and it’s not something Mum does on a rainy Sunday either. He’d have given them both barrels after the loss to the Saints. But, with the smart old Cats licking their wounds after 2 losses I expect the boys from the coast, the sunny one of the two here, to be 0-3 and Eade would be thinking “Why am I doing this again?”. While Bluey McKenna sits back thinking “Good luck with that”. Steve Motlop will not be appearing at any local for happy hour this Friday night, he will not be spinning the wheel at the First Commercial Chook Raffle. He’ll be home in bed, with a scotch and dry, being a good boy. Hey, you said I couldn’t drink beer! Catters by 21.

Meanwhile in 1973, I mean Perth, the Weagles take on the Dockers in the Derby/derby ( I hope you pronounced them differently ). Last week Josh Kennedy nearly beat Carlton thanks to his midfield and the Dockers went and beat up the Cats in Geelong. Ballantyne couldn’t get near Steve J to exchange monosyllabic words so he belted Harry instead. I think the Fremantle form line reads better, so does their forward line, so does their defence and so does their midfield. West Coast might have won big, but against Carlton.....Carlton.So take nothing away from that other than 4 points and the weekend off. Fremantle have added something to their game, kicking goals! Fremantle by 28 points. Do they still use Burleys over there?

Take this for what it’s worth. Last week’s preview was worth 4 winners......
by Booney
Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by cracka
Wed May 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by cennals05
Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by morell
Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by cracka
Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Footy Chick
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by morell
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by WOS Dragons
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by jo172
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Q.
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by HH3
Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL Ladders & Statistics - Round 8

SANFL Ladders & Statistics - Round 8
by scott
Sun May 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Judd Retires

A true legend of the game, very sad to see him go out like that.
by Feenix
Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack McGregor!

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Well you Guys started this thread all saying how sh#t you are and wanting to sack the coach and you bit on the line that was dabbled in front of you.
North Supporters are so easy to tease!!!!

Serious question. How old are you?
by Wedgie
Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: North v West - Saturday 27 June @ Prospect Oval

At least our league side is two spots higher on our ladder than the Powers league side is on theirs. :)
And last time we played Carlton we beat them! :P
by Wedgie
Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elizabeth & Unley to Host NAB Cup Games

Prospect's a poor ground lacking elevated viewing and is devoid of atmosphere (particularly at the bowling club end). Oh, and it had a weird smell about it and generally ugly looking patrons...

Prospect lacks elevated viewing to a degree at the Northern End but you must be blind or dumb (or both) if you claim the rest of our ground doesn't have elevated viewing. As for a weird smell - that's rich coming from a supporter who beloved club uses a part oval, part parkland steeped in dog shit! At least we can walk around and have multiple options re viewing whereas Unley Oval you are essentially locked into 1 half only.

What will AFL do about the kiddies blackboard that masquerades as a scoreboard along with it being a very cramped and small playing durface - we can expect plenty of goals from inside centre square that game. AFL could make it 15 a side and take out both CHF lines.

I suspect this post was to to "troll" to get a bite from Wedgie but I bit instead! ☺
by on the rails
Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Entry to SANFL games

[quote="Dogs64"]If the SANFL follows the SMA requiring 12 year olds to be vaccinated, that will be the end of my family of four attending games (and volunteering). Other venues are 16 plus. My wife and I are double vaxxed, but I'm not getting my 12 year old vaxxed.

Dogs64 you raise an interesting question
1 if your 12 year old needs it to attend school would you stop him or her going to school
2 is he vaccinated against polio measles ect as you can’t iirc attend school without those shots
3 so you won’t take him or her to the footy or the zoo and other places

I guess you need to work it out but just remember very soon it could be no jab no school

MJP re question 1, I'm hoping if it comes to that there will be a fair bit of data by then that will assist in making a decision that the risk pertaining to the vaccine is less than the current known risks to a 12 year old that gets COVID.

2. Yes, up to date with all other proven vaccines, to reduce or eliminate the risk of getting those illnesses. We're not anti vaccines, as mentioned double vaxed ourselves (despite a number of people we know having severe adverse reactions).

3. Yes the irony is we (he) can go to the zoo, Adelaide United Games and may even go to the Boxing Day test at the MCG. Just can't go to the Strikers (in Adelaide as we used to). We don't go to the AFL games, so no change there. Surprising the SMA knows more than the MCG authority, zoos etc. Anyway maybe at SANFL grounds it won't be implimented (12+).

Hopefully I wasn’t coming off to strong
Your number 3 might not be correct yesterday the zoo and Monarto announced only people double vaccinated can gain entry . There were other events announced no vaccinations no entry .

At least your son has had the other shots . I got in an argument with an antivaxer on Twitter . Long story short she only got vaccinated for school because her parents did it . I gave up and blocked her Adelaide United games mandate you must be fully vaccinated.

I'm a Reds member as is the wife and we have to show our Covid certificates on check in to Coopers Stadium.

Has been for the games I've attended this season.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk[/quote]MCG is also fully vaxxed only and has even gone one step further by not allowing medical exemptions. It’s simply fully vaxxed or you don’t enter
by Jim05
Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Tanner Smith, a premiership player for North has retired after struggling to mix SANFL with work and life.
by Wedgie
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few late retirements.

Rated Smith as a player. I think he will be a big loss.
by DOC
Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just reviewed the ins and outs. South lead the way with 18 out who played league last year. Several others with previous league experience also gone.

On the surface of it, the Eagles have the least ins with 3. There will be more but I would guess they are well placed with good junior development.

West appear to have a like for like in/out movement. Similar for Centrals.

Norwoods outs would be a concern but they appear to have recruited to well. Similar for Sturt.

Glenelg and North have lost more than they have recruited so will be looking to their developing juniors.

Port and Adelaide have lost a few but have used about 2 million dollars each to replace them. Only slightly higher than the other 8 clubs combined salary cap. We are lucky to have them.

Oh Yeah Tell me again about the level playing field
by Reddeer
Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Once again we are going to need Smith to get a big hundred here
by amber_fluid
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Naked eye looked high to me, bit stiff I reckon.
by Vamos
Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stupid England, supposed to be summer there
by RustyCage
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WTF is there a lunch break when there has been no play? Just have a start time.
by DOC
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cummins and Lyon steer us home with a 55 run partnership for the ninth wicket. Cummins picked the right time to find some form with the bat. Lyon as usual valued his wicket and was always looking to score.

Fittingly the winning runs were hit off Robinson, the pucking frick after a root up on the boundary turned two into four.

What a fabulous result in a great test match.

Hazelwood who would have been last in would be one relieved man.
by DOC
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

EPIC WIN
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go you good things!

1-0
by RustyCage
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1-0, brilliant news to wake up to!
by The Dark Knight
Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You beauty....!!!!

This series is going to be a cracker.
by whufc
Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to bed at 10 when it was about to kick off thinking it would go on for longer than I'd be able to stay awake, got up just after 2 for a leak and stayed up to the end. Australia, you f*cking beauty!
by Booney
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Stokes's days are up
And the pork pie-eating keeper.

This loss might demoralise the poms,
could be a 5 nil drubbing on the cards.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well that was good news to wake up to. Certainly didn't expect them to do it after Head got out. Those chases on Day 5 - in gloomy conditions - are hard to do. Hopefully the gentlemen in the Hollies stand enjoyed that one.
by RB
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would’ve been funny watching when they were in the box together, provably would’ve appreciated the silence It makes me wonder why Botham agreed to join Nine for that 1998/99 Ashes knowing he would've been working alongside Chappelli.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Money and he knew it would piss him off, I think he enjoys how much Chappell hates him.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:The selectors will get a mouthful if Tongue fails.

The Aussies will be licking their lips!

Well the English have been very cocky, they might need to get tongue tied.
by whufc
Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gotta love a Lord's test match.

Beating England at this venue is one of life's joys.
by tigerpie
Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amazingly, when Tongue played against Ireland it was the first time he'd ever played at Lords. I know it was only Ireland, but he bowled with good pace and nipped the ball both ways. Will be interesting to see how he handles the bigger stage.

I hope he gets to play Sri Lanka. I can hear the commentary now. Here comes Tounge, on his way to Dickswella. Got a bit of..... The bowlers Holding, the batsman's Willey.

Last one promise. I understand Tounge has a sister who plays Ladies cricket. Apparently she is very popular.

I will see myself out. If only Billy Birmingham would bring back the 12th man.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I’m happy having Starc in the team, should have played the first test.

Agree.

Though I would have left Hazelwood out of both tests and played Starc and Boland.

+ 1.
by Corona Man
Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Warner to get 167* today

Thats the spirit

hope he sticks it up the h8rs
by Armchair expert
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting to me that Hazlewood is now seen as a lock despite his recent injury issues and Boland is immediately the one to make way for Starc. I don't think anyone expects Starc to not be expensive so that's why I think the pressure is more on Hazlewood to perform in this match.

I don’t Hazelwood is a lock he’s just the freshest.

No chance he plays the third test given the short break.

Freshest coz he’s so injury prone and hasn’t been playing.
Big call picking him over Boland IMO
by amber_fluid
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Meanwhile, Callum Ferguson has replaced SOK in the Ch9 studio .... I like it
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DROP THE WANKERS ON THEIR HEADS
by Armchair expert
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bairstow! :lol:
by Booney

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:Omg my grandma bowls faster just step down the wicket and blast it for six
If only if it was that easy all us nuffies would be over there playing at Lord's today, instead I'm cleaning up and doing the dishes after dinner. [emoji38]
by The Dark Knight

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:They are Just Stop Oil protestors. Being doing crap at English sports events for the last year or so with the orange flares.

Thank **** for the petrol blowers to clean up the mess :lol:
by Armchair expert
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First thing Johnny has caught this series
by Jim05
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tigerpie wrote:Wtf happened at the start? I missed it.
What was the red dust?
But Bairstow didn't drop that idiot.

Protesters.
They were expected
by mighty_tiger_79
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Protestors were these guys...

https://juststopoil.org/

Some of Paddy’s mates perhaps
by amber_fluid
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |