Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: ATCA

They aren't obliged to go up just because they made the GF. Going through their side I can see why they didn't. They tried to recruit to be competitive in A1, they were unsuccessful in doing that, so they decided to stay down to avoid a year of getting spanked..

Why do they get a choice????? They deserve to go up based on performance. At this level you shouldn't get to decide I would have thought.
by thevoice
Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If rumours are true about Woodville rechs, will heyzer want them in a2 or a3? He'd probably feel they are a good chance at a flag in a3?

A lot of clubs still without coaches, pre season would be starting in the next month or so for some of the better clubs in a1? Time for clubs to look at different options probably

I'm interested in who actually starts pre-season in June? That is crazy early
by thevoice
Thu May 18, 2017 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone picked up anyone?

Here’s some mail around A2 that I’ve heard. Some may be just rumours.

Unley – New coach Tony Adams. Ex player and coach. Hearing they’ve lost their big 4 from last year. Geddes, Fraser retiring, Possibly Carrik-Smith to Adel Rockets (loads of ex AHOS there) and Niblett abandoned them on eve of finals last year.

Wood South – Were in the market for a new coach. Not sure been announced. Best bat L. Hennesey possibly playing lower grades.

Golden Grove – New coach returning Jay Indraratne. Hearing his boys are staying at Ingle Farm (A1) though.

Wood Rech – No real change here from last summer, hearing all their stalwarts going around again. Will be the benchmark. Duffet still coach.

Marion – W Stanborogh coaching again here. Will be solid.

Fulham – New coach James Minagall in his second stint. Bone did his ACL playing footy. Returned to UK. Kyle Adcock new skipper.

Flinders Pk – LO’s gun player Graham Crawford coaching now. Best quick Tom Kennewell was heading to West Torrens, but busted shoulder means he’ll miss all Cricket. Hearing they were in for a return for Doimo from Grange, but think he’s staying put. Luke Crichton possibly retiring.

Trinity – Grapevine doesn’t reach that far. Imagine they’d be very competitive in this comp.

Reynella - Gabb and Colville retired, so plenty of runs to cover there plus a Keeper.

Rostrevor – No mail.

Heccies – Best bat Harper had a kid back in UK late last season, so you’d imagine he’s not returning. Best player Hasith has left club to join start up club Adel Lions in B1. They’ll miss his overs, wickets and runs. Their MVP by a country mile.

Pooraka – Imagine they’d be solid again with loads of depth.
by thevoice
Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will Ingle Farm even have the money next year given the coach has moved on? Wasn't he a major factor in the $ available?

Also feel free to dump a truckload of cash at my doorstep if that's what's happening. :lol:

Who says he's moved on? Just because he's not coaching doesn't mean he might not still be involved.

Not sure what postman is send you mail, but I think I'd be getting a new one.

Hahahaha
by thevoice
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Looking through the teams on Mycricket a few things of note

Glenelg - Jake Winter back and captain, recruited Huw Stone, Damon Kerr back
Kensington - Worrall and Pope in this week

Southern District - Andrew Staunton playing
Port Adelaide - Umpherston captain, Ben Cooper back, names I don't know I Conway and Medew-Ewan in 1s, Tom Cooper playing

Adelaide - kids Gill and Patton on debut, Sam Darling back, Nobes playing (thought he retired?), Nick Patterson back
University - Winter playing, Tom Plant playing 3rds

Prospect - Ben Wyman back, 2 x Hatzoglou (whoever they are), Izaac Boylan captain
East Torrens - new player Billington

Tea Tree Gully - Page & Oakley back, Isaiah Borgas playing 2nds, Cooper McKenzie (talented Prospect kid?) playing 3rds
Woodville - H Martin in (is that the NT bloke who was at Uni?), Harvey Brennan, Pinson, new player J Blain

West Torrens - Ryan Gibson in, Spencer Johnson fit (!)
Sturt - Keagan English from PAOC in, Zyggy captain, Lachie Francis back from Uni (in 3rds)

I Conway for Port is from Melbourne (Essendon / Canterbury), but has been making a bucketload of runs for Waratah in the NT last few winters and skippered their flag this year. Fair debut from him. H. Martin had a crack at Uni few years back. Bowls (left arm offie) better than he bats, had a lean run with Palmerston and batted 7 most the year in the NT winter. Handy cricketer tho, time will tell at this level.
by thevoice
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |