Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Not sure how strong North Pines will be for rest of season, our B Grade was made up of a lot of guys who haven't played footy for a number of years and only 9 players from the angle vale win due to injury, travel, etc. They will get better the more they play together but I still believe the stronger teams will beat them.
by crabman
Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flinders Uni did not meet the criteria by the deadline but were told not to worry about it. Conversely, I have heard, that Wingfield and North Pines were pretty confident they had the numbers, but didn't really understand how to get them all into the "system" on time - and promptly had the book sent into their foreheads.

Can we get a diagram showing this theory?

Can categorically deny that we were given any special treatment, as the deadline approached we informally messaged the league asking about the deadline and whether we would be able to get an extension as the deadline fell the day before uni started and o'week which is our major recruiting ground. This request was denied and we ended up meeting the player numbers 4 or 5 days before deadline. Were they training at the time, nah because they are cricket players, uni students and "lazy" div 7 players, will we have the required players each week- yes.

Didn't realise the registration process had changed since last year or that the Executive Committee was screening phone calls :rolleyes:

Is this guy your source? ct.jpg
by crabman
Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and worst grounds.

Haven't had a great ground at Houghton yet having only played there later in the 2013 year. First time boundary in the pocket by the changeroom had to be brought in due to the inclussion of a swimming pool in that corner, the second time the semi final when you could barely lift your boot out of the mud, easily ankles deep. Seems to be a great atmosphere at the place and hope we can get a nice surface this time around.

Central United felt uneven went over on my ankle three times in a game I played for MP last year after having played in the b's for FU.
You play us there in the July... Look forward to more of the same conditions ;)

any hope something like this will be created by then
by crabman
Thu May 14, 2015 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

big turn around for us this week, b grade sneaking home for the win, A-grade going down by 17 but in a tight contest. Was much more enjoyable football to watch compared to the stuff we dished up last week.
by crabman
Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon it will be a cracker game this weekend. HDFC been consistently around the mark the last few years, and MPFC have some great lads running around the place that I got to play half a dozen games with last year with as a fill in. I'm tipping HDFC by 15 points. with their biggest advantage coming from Schutz in the ruck and his positioning around the ground. Midfield pretty evenly balanced Weekley, Pike, Hyde's, Regan, Bradford pretty strong and good rotations. Best on ground for me will be either one of the Hyde's or Walczak running off half back.

Who's oval is most similar to the Thebby?
by crabman
Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |