Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

PNU 2 wins from 3 are looking goods too for the div 1 new comers
by marbles
Sun May 03, 2015 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:PNU 2 wins from 3 are looking goods too for the div 1 new comers

All PNU knows is that last time PNU was in Div 1 it took them 18 rounds to get that second win. A lot more fun so far!
by jo172
Sun May 03, 2015 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

This is fantastic and gives you an insight into Lynchy. Very calm, methodical, clear and precise. No ranting or raving or over the top hyperbole.
by morell
Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Huge day at PNU tomorrow. First div 1 final. Bars on both sides of the ground. Sure to be a massive crowd with great atmosphere. All welcome. Come on down to "The Junction" for a cheap froth and a lot of fun. Even blokes like Jimmy have been known to drop in for a few. Should be a great day for football.
by wristwatcher
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

Club B can't do shit. Contracts are only valid once the clearance is approved. This is why clubs should never do sign on bonuses.

Also, I agree clearances should open in October or November so that this sort of thing doesn't happen, or at least club B has more control.
by Mythical Creature
Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

ive heard the same rumour mate
by wonder_kid
Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Bombers4EVA wrote:I hear rumours of a favourite son may be returning to mawson's.

The Maestro, Geoff Riddle has been spotted around Mawson Lakes.

Rumour has it he ordered the Mega Club Burger from Burger Club on his way to Unley.
by hulkamania
Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Benchwarmer wrote:Seeing as though 2016 is only 4 days away, any idea when the draw for next season comes out?

Waikerie get the perfect draw, again. What are the chances?!?
by interestedobserver
Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's normally out before the new year, but I guess they're waiting on Sedan-Cambrai vote and also to see if Moorook-Kingston gets its act together.
I'd imagine the Riverland draw would be close to completion though, if not done already.
by Baron Greenback
Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Country footy history book - every club in SA!

A 2015 Update is now available for the South Australian Country Football Digest. 2012, 2013 and 2014 Updates are available as well if you do not have them.

Email bplines@bigpond.com

Can we still buy this book somewhere in the city?

Just through me at the above email address as I only have a few left.
by 200 Killer Wasps
Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Country footy history book - every club in SA!

I have recently made the decision to produce a new edition of the South Australian Country Football Digest. I think this would be a far better idea rather than doing a reprint of the original Digest. The original Digest is now out of print but I am looking at putting the book on CD so hopefully will continue to sell the book in that form.

Although the South Australian Country Football Digest – Volume II will be written in a similar format to Volume I, I am planning to include all new team and individual photographs and a complete set of new player profiles. It has been five years since the SA Country Football Digest was released and I have continued researching country football records and my findings will be included in the new book along with records from 2012-2016. I have also been forwarded many snippets of info from people who have purchased the first book and found errors or omissions. I have also been sent information on footballers with a substantial involvement in country that were not included in the first book and have already completed profiles on these people ready for the new book.

With my first three books it has been my aim to include every possible record, achievement, special story and interesting anecdote in SA country football. I can only do so much research myself so I am therefore requesting the help of football clubs, footballers, families of footballers, fellow football historians and SA country football followers in general for your help with contributions.

If you have a family member who has a football story to tell please let me know about them and I will write a profile. If you have a relative who has played AFL or SANFL football and originated from country SA send me a photograph of them and tell me their football story for inclusion in the book.

I am also requesting team premiership photographs from all eras of country football. Please email all photographs to me and not post the originals, I would hate to see precious photo's damaged.

I will be adding to the list's of records and bests that appeared in the first book. I probably only received contributions form half of the country clubs in the state, so I am hoping for a better response this time around. Possibly the easiest thing to do is to email to me a photograph of your club's honour board. The categories again are -:

Most games played in a career of country football (Exact total with debut year and retirement year).
Kicking over 100 goals in a season (indicate whether minor round only or with finals)
Most goals kicked in a grand final
Most goals kicked in a match
Most goals kicked in a career (if you know of a player who has kicked a fairly substantial number of goals but don’t know the total let me know his career time frame and I will try to track it down).
Most premierships as a player
Long serving club and league administrators (presidents, secretaries, treasurers and patrons)
Most seasons as a senior coach ( If you know clubs coached only I will follow it up with the clubs concerned)
Most seasons as an A grade captain
Most club best and fairest awards
Highest score kicked by a country football team
Highest score kicked in a grand final
Longest A Grade premiership droughts.
Inter Club rivalries for shields or Cups.
Teams with records for consecutive wins and losses
Most games umpired – Field, boundary and goal
Home ground oval dimensions.

I will again be including a list of footballers who have excelled in other areas. Examples of this category are Australian David Cup tennis player John Fitzgerald who played football for Cummins Ramblers and racehorse trainer David Hayes who played for Angaston. Personally I have played footy with a Paralympian, an Australian Olympic Boxing Team Manager and a Radio and TV personality. So I am fairly sure there would be many others with similar associations.

I am also adding two new categories, Most SA country clubs played for at senior level and Most times a player has kicked more than ten goals in a single game. I will also accept any ideas you may have on other categories.

All photographs and contributions can be emailed to me at bplines@bigpond.com or if you have had a copy made of a photograph it can be sent to me at 46 Lincoln Hwy, Cowell SA 5602.

I am hoping to release Volume II by the end of the year so will probably accept contributions up to the end of September 2016.

Thank you for your time,

Peter Lines
by 200 Killer Wasps
Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B-Train35 wrote:RIFL teams to vote on Sedan-Cambrai coming in,seems a few clubs are not to happy with having to travel that far

Has this happened yet?
by cracka
Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ramco forming quite a formidable squad this year. Some very good signings over the past couple weeks.
by Milly
Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brahma Lodge players are going around saying they'll win the Flag by 20 goals, I have a severe case of deja vu here
by Milly
Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Can someone confirm if Dylan Jessen signed with Salisbury North or not?

You'd have to think Head Office would love the prospect of that

As far as I'm aware he has kept out of trouble since being released and I hear training hard. There is nothing wrong with giving a bloke with a history another shot at life. Indeed in my view it's admirable.

Around the courts it's a common view that people in organised sports are far less likely to run foul of the law. The sooner people realise that clubs like Salisbury North provide a valuable service to the community the better.
by The Big Shrek
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Moorook Gun Lenny Campbell & ex Tea Tree Gully Div 1 Player Ben Noske both to Ramco, Big INS!
by Milly
Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B-Train35 wrote:
Milly wrote:Moorook Gun Lenny Campbell & ex Tea Tree Gully Div 1 Player Ben Noske both to Ramco, Big INS!

Any news on O'Gorman?

Latest news, he still has no hair but has said he will lead Ramco to the flag. Do yourself a favour and lock it in
by Barry
Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Moorook Gun Lenny Campbell & ex Tea Tree Gully Div 1 Player Ben Noske both to Ramco, Big INS!
Any news on O'Gorman?

Latest news, he still has no hair but has said he will lead Ramco to the flag. Do yourself a favour and lock it in

Does anyone give newbies sedan cambrai a chance in the independants comp. Should they be competitive or you think ramco are just gonna have to much for anyone? Whats peoples thoughts about them coming in particularly with regard to travel? Good or bad for the comp overall?
by oldbomber
Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2old2slow wrote:think you will find cambrai have lost a lot of players from last year. does this comp have a b grade?

No b grade in independent mate but HFL does so S/C got numbers
by MGB
Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Was in a meeting today with a number of country footy people. Some are playing by the CFL rules and a bucket load aren't, is what I learnt.
Some say they will stick to the rules, but it is already badly effecting their ability to recruit players and they blame the salary cap.
The other clubs, said they'll just do as they please and play by their own rules. It seems as if it's a 50/50 split as to who's doing what.

What do you think will happen next year and the year after, when these clubs who struggle to recruit and are playing by the rules finish last?

Got a fair idea after listening to people chattering today. Playing by the rules will only last a season or two judging by the mood of some people.
Clubs their members and supporters in parochial country towns won't let clubs sit at the bottom of the cellar for too long. The members and sponsors will only put up with finishing last for a few seasons, before they refuse to abide by ridiculous rules that are impossible to police.

There is no easy answer that will work for everyone. It would be nice if equalisation was simple but it isnt. I think the salary cap is irrelevant, it can not be policed and is a lame attempt at self preservation by the amateurs who cant keep up with the fund raising out in the country. The one thing for certain is that the big spending clubs who can raise the money will continue to raise it and spend it legally or pay under the table. This will happen and whether it be required just to put a team on the park each week or be successful and go after premierships its more about basic survival in the long run.

It is getting harder and harder to put a team on the park in country footy each week and therefore keep small towns alive. Only the strong will survive... possibly being those clubs with the most passion and ability to raise funds...these things are important for the future

We live in a ever changing landscape where rural populations are declining along with numbers at grass root level across the board going to other sports or not having time to play footy anymore etc. Unfortuneatly it appears there is a bidding war that has broken out between country and city/amateur football for the players available. I personally believe city/amateurs doesnt have the same level of community, passion, support and atmosphere in general that is evident out in the country with regard to footy and if they did they wouldnt be trying to implement bull#$%! rules and restrictions they would take country footy on head first and try and beat them fair and square in fundraising...but they cant as the pure fact is they dont have the same level of desire, passion and sense of community that sporting clubs posess out in the country.

Hopefully somehow these small rural towns and clubs keep fighting to survive. its such an australian thing to be having a kick out in the paddock in the middle of nowhere with your mates and I enjoy nothing more than driving down the rural highways on a saturday past a town with as little as a silo and a footy oval in it, pulling over to watch a game crack a tinnie and have a chat with the locals. Cant do that in the city! Its awesome to find hundreds of people enjoying a day out at our great game and whilst i wish them well ultimately i couldnt give two shits about city/amateur footy solely because of their attempt at self preservation to enforce rules on country clubs and leagues because they cant beat or compete with them fairly.

Despite the difficulties faced and tough times ahead I sincerely hope this great australian tradition of grass roots footy out in the country continues on for many many years to come and can only hope country clubs and leagues to do what they need to in order to survive regardless of whether thats playing by the rules or not....
by oldbomber
Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gday all I am the coach of the smosh F.C and also the person in questions father, we find ourselves in a bit of a predicament here but he has a meeting on Tuesday night so hopefully they parties can come to some sort of agreement and hopefully my son can come and play footy with me at smosh, I do want to state that my son has to take some responsibility here as he did originally sign to play with blodge, but as soon as was given the job to coach at a higher level he wanted to test himself which I was happy with because I Think he is a bit better than div 5, when I was the coach of lodge in one of the years he requested to go back to E.P to have a crack at div 1 we let him go as it was a great opportunity for him. I can catergorly say his decision to want to play for smosh has nothing to do with coin cause his offer at lodge far out ways what he has been offered at smosh. At the end of the day I hope the right decision is made for the better of both parties..and we can move on with the season just around the corner.every coach in the competition wants the best players available and will do what ever it takes to get them but this holds a bit more for me cause he is me kid..
by Robran
Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Good luck to Brad Wilson(Mallala/WWTFC forward) who undergoes surgery today to fully rebuild his ankle after breaking it in two during at footy trial with wwtfc Friday night, something I don't like hearing about no matter who the player is, here's to a speedy recovery.
by magpieeagle
Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

Knock off your mates' missus & then hide behind mental illness?
by Spargo
Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Any clubs after a trail game on the 2nd of April? Div 1 hills club in need
by chopper7
Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon clearances stay pending until that player actually completes his registration for 2016?
by Q.
Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon clearances stay pending until that player actually completes his registration for 2016?

Correct, step 1 approved by club, step 2 approved by association they come from, step 3 auto approval from Adel Footy League, then step 4 is when the player completes his on line rego. So a player can remain pending for some time until he does his bit. Most times if he is in pending status and it's weeks after the due date then he is more than likely cleared but hasn't completed his on line rego.
by Yank Man
Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looked on the Riverland website and still no fixtures for the Independent league. Wondering what's the hold up?
by Ye Olde Place Kick
Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Indy fixture is up
by MGB
Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Think you find the delay was caused by a fixture issue with the clubs that have 2 ovals
by DARK KNIGHT
Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely it could have been released and that issue fixed later on.
If Sydney and Collingwood can change their venue at the last minute.... :lol:
by Baron Greenback
Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barmera young gun Brodie Fridd to Ramco :shock:
by Milly
Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasn't he originally from there?
by Baron Greenback
Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

B-Train35 wrote:North Pines heading to the Riverland Saturday to play Ramco,should be interesting.

Quality......... surely worth the trip
by X Runna
Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Smithfield milestone game this week, Paul van Dongen 'Donga' has played 450 games for Smithfield. A true club legend and gentleman of the game, well done mate.
by Dangeroos
Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Statement - Withdrawl of Para Hills

From Para Hills facebook page---

The Para Hill Football Club invites all members and interested parties to a Special Meeting to be held at the Clubrooms on Wednesday 20th April at 6:30pm, to inform all present of its current position and to welcome those interested in becoming involved to strengthen the committee heading towards the 2017 season and beyond. We are looking to fill a variety of roles to bolster both Junior and Senior football departments. Please share this date and information with anyone you know or think will be interested in helping the Para Hills Football Club now and in the
future, we look forward to seeing you there.
by Kahuna
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What is Brett Ancell playing Bs for?
by jo172
Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just want to say that the Ingle farm coach is class and I hope his boys get over the line this week in what should be an absolute belter and my tip for the GF.
by Old_mate21
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ex Div 1 Star & one of the best players to ever play SAAFL in Glen Mount about to sign for Ramco this week! :shock:
by Milly
Tue May 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Milly wrote:Ex Div 1 Star & one of the best players to ever play SAAFL in Glen Mount about to sign for Ramco this week! :shock:

Absolute champ and a massive pick up for Ramco if true. Will still tear it up in his mid 40's
by Half Back Flanker
Tue May 10, 2016 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:or maybe it's just we are in an age where everyone is judgemental and shallow

Mate, back in my day If I had taken a photo of myself flexing my muscles in front of a mirror in the gym when I was 18 or 19 I would've been punched out before leaving the premises.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu May 26, 2016 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Freeling and South Adelaide youngster Dylan Whimpress has been invited to the AFL State Draft Combine. Hopefully he goes great and we have another Barossa Valley boy playing in the AFL.
by BoundaryRider84
Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have heard a certain Lyrup player is in a bit of strife for threatening behaviour to the umpires are the siren went after their loss yesterday :roll:
by Basher McCracken
Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The player involved has played footy at Berri then at Barmera. Don't think this is going to go away quietly ![/quote]
Yeah i thought it might be him.[/quote]

The RFL should just kick the club out of the league. Waste of space, only causing trouble. From what i have heard, it wasn't just the one person on Saturday, was the majority of the team plus club officials as well.
by bd u15 09
Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What happened at the tribunal regarding the incident at Lyrup?

The tribunal hearing has been adjourned due to other factors coming into play. Have heard Lyrup's fate will be decided after the finals have finished.
I'd be interested to know what the other factors are. I heard there was quite the carry on after the hearing last night at league headquarters.

From what I understand the tribunal hearing is the least of his worries.
by Baron Greenback
Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What happened at the tribunal regarding the incident at Lyrup?

The tribunal hearing has been adjourned due to other factors coming into play. Have heard Lyrup's fate will be decided after the finals have finished.
I'd be interested to know what the other factors are. I heard there was quite the carry on after the hearing last night at league headquarters.
by Bum Crack
Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Baron Greenback wrote:Doesn't bother me if he does. Just telling it how it is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Speaking of knob heads, is there any news on the Lyrup incident as yet?
by Bum Crack
Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard an interesting rumour the other day that McIntosh might be on the way out from PNU. Possibly taking a step back for a little while.
by adr107
Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B-Train35 wrote:Young Dion Lawlor played a great game for the Hawks,looks to have a bright future in the game.

Up there with the best runners in div 1 and he is only 17. Serious talent.
by footys the winner
Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone see the news last night? Someone from Lyrup must have poked the bear and they got bitten big time. Time for them to leave the competition. Don't need crap like that going on.
by Bum Crack
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |