Search found 40 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Why are people so defensive about the amount of money being thrown around? We all know that to be a serious contender in any league you have to spend $$$$ all the best half a dozen at every club are getting paid. It could be incentive based or a simple $$$ per game. I have been around a few clubs in different leagues not just the SAAFL and let's be honest if your not prepared to pay something for your best junior players once they become seniors another club will throw serious money at them.

Im not saying this is wrong but I am saying that spending $100k is fact don't bury your heads in the sand this is what it takes.
by oldman
Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

How is it Pulteney are 0-7 in the A grade but 7-0 in the B grade? :shock:

Surely the gap between 5 and 5R isn't that drastic?
Sandbagging?
Their C grade go all right too, although they dropped their last 2.

The gap is massive from Div5 to Div5R. They also have won 4 games by less than 7 pts this year. In saying that their reserves lost the gf last year and their A's only just managed to avoid relegation. They had some really young kids running around in both grades when we played them this year so maybe they struggle with the jump in grade?
by oldman
Mon May 16, 2016 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going to be interesting to see what CBOC'S B grade looks like this weekend. They have a habit of loading up with players who should be playing A's. Maybe if they played in the grade they should their A's might be playing finals?
by oldman
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smithfield were hotter than a Kunis/Portman Black Swan sex scene. Everything they touched turned to gold. Gollan was unreal in his pocket, so clever - Lockleys didn't have anyone nimble and smart enough back there to cover him. Voyzey did OK on Webber considering the supply and Webber's ability. Garner was well held - surprised to see him in the best - but the tagging rotations on him meant Cook went boonta.

Smithfield were so much more physically imposing as well. Just a massive side. Pretty unfit though! Needed hefty rotations all day to keep the pedal down. Might get exposed on a really hot day ...

spot on morell..red hot was how i described it..that sort of form wont see anybody defeating them this week..no way garner was in the best 5 though..cook and stewart were the best mids on the ground..sadly our boys made error after error under pressure and produced our worst quarter of footy in 2 years..the fightback took us to 13 points down with 9-10 minutes left but it wasnt to be as we continued to turn it over..full credit to the opposition..i had some worries that they had improved greatly since we played them last over 2 months before..you dont produce big leads twice against a top team like BOS without having some real momentum starting to bubble up..

we wasted an opportunity saturday and the week before but the year itself was a consolidating one so in that regard it was a pass mark and whilst disappointed right now, we will regroup..we look forward to pushing a bit extra to take another step in 2017 and meeting up to 5 new clubs in div 5..

congrats to smithfield..what they have done in the last 3 years is quite remarkable and i have witnessed it first hand..i think they will get the win saturday in a game which will highlight the ultra defence of the hounds versus the ultra attack of the panthers..a hot day could be telling for the panthers but if the hounds cant keep up the running with their flood game style it could open up very quickly and turn ugly for them..they will be fresh and fit from playing only 1 game in 4 weeks though..ashby coming back in would be huge..sfc by 30-40..

oldman: see you at 12.15 saturday? :)

pulteney are the undisputed favorites in the reserves..our boys have been very honest and delivered an effort the last 3 weeks based on blue collar values and just working hard at the basics..they will give it all saturday but are losing players to serious injury every week and we are running out of qualified players!..they know they are up against it but have belief..lfc by 3 points? [-o< :)

Don't know if I can make it Saturday recently started a new job which sees me working weekends. Sure to be a hard tough game at 12.15 I wouldn't hand thought Pulteney would be "undisputed " favourites. Considering lockleys beat them pretty comfortably last time they played. Plus lockleys look to have a couple of big boys up forward who can be very dangerous.
by oldman
Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

After a realitivly successful prediction of round 1 I'll try again for round 2

Fitzroy vs Elizabeth
Should be the game of the round with Fitzroy suffering a shock loss at home against a side they most definitely thought they should beat. It will be interesting to see how this new group of players respond as another loss at home will see them already off the pace. Fitzroy have a strong target up forward with Gerardis and the wise head of Bourke but their midfield depth looks questionable at the early stage. Elizabeth on the other hand could not have been more impressive with a thumping of what is said to be an undermanned TOS. The facts remain you can only beat the team put in front of you and to do it with such an even spread has definitely opened a few eyes. Elizabeth go deeper in the midfield and with such a unpredictable forward line I see them getting the job done.
Elizabeth by 4 goals

Houghton vs West Croydon
Its really hard to line these 2 teams up. WC got the job done against a tough never say die Salisbury West in what was a scrappy affair. WC looked to have covered the loss of players in the off-season and they will be desperate this year to make amends on what was a disappointing end to 2016. Houghton on the other hand would have penciled last week in as a win away from home. The top end talent is there but is the depth? I'm worried that they don't quite have enough genuine A grade footballers and to much is left to to few come game day. They are always hard to beat at home and that should help them keep this one close.
WC by 6 goals

Ingle Farm vs Mawson Lakes
Ingle Farm are definitely on the rise after building for a couple of seasons they have the most settled and stable list in div6. A well coached side got the job done in round 1 and they will be looking to continue that momentum this weekend. Probably the best midfield in the competition with a gun ruckman always gives them the advantage and with a potent forward line kicking a winning score most weeks will hold them in good stead. The gun Grant got off to a brilliant start and looms as the big difference. ML got off to a winning start and had a really good contribution from all 21 players
I don't know much about them but they seemed to have lost a few top end players from last year which may make this a challenging year for them.
Ingle Farm by 10 goals

Salisbury West vs Pulteney
SW would be bitterly disappointed with a round 1 loss. They will come out firing this weekend and may look to try and intimidate the college boys. They have lost some quality players from last season but still pushed the best team from div6 last year. Will the coach pull the boots on in a hope to find another avenue to goal they look to lack a little goal scoring power however the midfield goes quote deep and is very even. Probably the biggest shock from round 1 was Pulteney to beat the flag favorites first up not many saw that coming. They have some good depth at the club which is obvious with their B grade results over the past few years. They will be looking to sneak another away win and head to the Easter break sitting pretty. In what looks to be a very even team with no standouts they may prove to strong across the board for SW.
Pulteney by 3 goals

Brahma Lodge vs TOS
Both teams looking to get a win on the board. BL pushed Ingle Farm who I believe are one of the sides to beat so that alone makes them hard to beat this weekend. There was plenty of talk about where are the goals to come from with 25 scoring shots last week that is more than enough to win most games. All the talk about TOS was about how many players were missing so I'm not reading too much into last week and will judge them after round 2.
BL by 6 goals
by oldman
Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But in the 2's I think they will be behind Pulteney and Elizabeth
Well behind. Elizabeth have beaten perennial finalists and premiers from the other year TOS as well as the much improved Fitzroy.
Pulteney beat Fitzroy and then humiliated a Salisbury West side who won Rd 1 by almost 100pts!

Farmers beat a depleted Brahma, and then beat regular cellar dweller Mawson Lakes.. hardly a scintillating form guide.

Pulteney is the Winx of D6 and D6R

A very different team fielded on the weekend by Pulteney B grade. Only 5 remain from the grand final side last year. Ingle Farm have the best coaching team in this Division that has been seen for quite some time. The players obviously love their coaches and are really playing for them.
by oldman
Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Say what you like, everyone in this div knows Pulteney will win EVERY game by HEEPS..
Nah man. I have IF winning every game by loads. Pulteney runners up.
You're ruining my jokes here! :( :lol:

Not even half the coach you are ZARTAN your record is second to none and I only wish I can one day be like you..... I am a much better bloke tho
by oldman
Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems a strange thing to say when your A's and B's were beaten with a combined score 49.33.327 to 5.8.38? Maybe a couple of umpires at this level made a few mistakes but surely that's to be expected?[/quote]
Ummm, the results are irrelevant. Was the worst use of a yellow card I've seen in 14 seasons of footy.[/quote]

Really..... results are irrelevant? My point was I would assume the players made some mistakes considering the scores surely an umpire who is umpiring Div6 is entitled to make a couple? Was this they club umpires or league?[/quote]
You're stating the ******* obvious. Of course everybody makes mistakes and most of the time they aren't worthy of mentioning.[/quote]

Might be worth worrying about problems you can control and fix rather than the ones you can't.
by oldman
Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Consider the spare football at each end finished.

What's happening out at Ingle Farm another week without their stars?
by oldman
Fri May 05, 2017 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Elizabeth vs Pulteney
A clash of the titans with both sides the only underfeated teams remaining. This promises to be an absolute belter. Both clubs have made a really positive start to the season after being relegated last year. Elizabeth get the home ground advantage and the big oval should suit there run and spread. With a couple of season veterans in career best form and the abundance of quality youth taking the next step they are really flying. The forward line is kicking massive scores it would appear they may have a slight advantage this weekend. Pulteney also haven't put a foot wrong this year and have put teams away in quarters of football. They have been able to buy into the game plan the coach has implemented and also have been able to keep the scoreboard ticking over. They may lack a little bit of depth in the middle against Elizabeth which is where this game will be won and lost.
Draw

Brahma Lodge vs West Croydon
After 6 rounds both of these teams are looking to keep the edge and look to the double chance. One thing that can be assured is this will be as tough and physical footy as you will see. West Croydon look to keep it in close and use the big bodies to crash and bash the footy forward. A dangerous forward line who when they get their confidence up are impossible to stop. Brahma Lodge are coming they have been building all year and are obviously very talented. They have arguably the most talented midfield it may lack a little depth but the top end talent is unquestionable and with the league's most dangerous forward they can beat anyone on their day.
BL by 2 goals

Fitzroy vs Houghton
Fitzroy are finally putting it all together and clubs need to lookout. The preseason flag favourites look like they have finally got their mojo. They have got their better players playing good football and the new recruits are starting to have an impact. With a really strong backline holding teams and giving their midfield a chance to push back and then run the ball out with speed. Houghton have turned the corner and the new coach has the players onside. A great effort considering the turmoil this club has been through off field they have some quality players all over the ground buy may just be lacking a little depth.
Fitzroy by 12 goals

Ingle Farm vs Salisbury West
The loser of this game is going to be really fighting to play finals. A huge game for Ingle Farm and coming off a 16 goal belting they really need to get the wheel in motion or what was a season full of promise could slip by. They did some midseason recruiting last week which didn't help them are they all on the same page and understanding of what the coach requires. Salisbury West can keep their finals chance alive with a win and they should get first look at the stoppages with the man mountain in the ruck. If they can keep their focus on the football and play hard without crossing the line they have enough dangerous players forward of the footy.
Ingle Farm by 3 goals
by oldman
Wed May 17, 2017 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Reynella to SAAFL Div3. On the proviso they can keep their juniors in the SFL.
Marion to SAAFL Div7. Absolute no brainer
Lonsdale to SAAFL Div6. Need to move to become competitive and have some success.
Aldinga and Shoes both trying to get to GSFL my mail is it's either both or neither.
Happy Valley to hills league as they can't compete with Bushpigs and are in a serious rebuild as a club.

I can't see the SFL letting all these clubs move so wait for a big surprise from the SFL in the coming weeks......
by oldman
Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To give an idea just how well coached Pulteney B grade are...

Greatest Coaches winning percentages
oldman 93.10%
Daylight.....
Herb Howson (South Melb) 81.82%
Charlie Clymo (Geelong) 80.95%
Don Pike 72.22%
Jock McHale 66.06%
Alistair Clarkson 62.54%
Kevin Sheedy 57.82%
Mick Malthouse 57.03%

Div 6r Coach up against some great stuff of the game..... =)) =)) =))

Yeah definitely not fair on the others I agree
by oldman
Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geez Elizabeth are going pretty good in the B's 14 wins from 13 games going to be hard for anyone to catch them this year.
by oldman
Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why do people care if players come in for a beer after the game? Times have changed and those days are far and few between. Especially when you have to get in the car and drive 30 odd minutes back to your own club I think the fact that players aren't having a couple of quick beers after running around for 2 hours then getting behind the wheel of a car is probably smart.

Ill say it again times have changed let it go people
by oldman
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why do people care if players come in for a beer after the game? Times have changed and those days are far and few between. Especially when you have to get in the car and drive 30 odd minutes back to your own club I think the fact that players aren't having a couple of quick beers after running around for 2 hours then getting behind the wheel of a car is probably smart.

Ill say it again times have changed let it go people

It's about respect. Times may change but some traditions should never die and I'm strong on having blokes come in for a beer after the game. It's not that hard to come in and have one beer or a Coke and chat about footy.

Respect is shown at the end of the game by shaking hands. Why on earth would one want to go have a beer with someone who has been running around throwing elbows and punching you in the back of the head or the guts all day seriously makes no sense. It's not the 1980s or even the 1990s anymore. Some clubs struggle to get their own players back to the club after playing away let alone worrying if they went into the opposition club to score respect.
by oldman
Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crazy fact. Brahma Lodge kicked 13.11 both weeks in the A's.
by oldman
Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Elizabeth today in the reserves. I have said all season that you are the best team and today was no different. We had our chances but just couldn't convert our inside 50s and you made us pay down the other end. A tough way to lose but that's footy. Good luck in your endeavors to get back into div 5 in the coming years.
by oldman
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

I was not saying Echunga pays it's B grade players. I am saying that the B grade is far better off without the coach they had and so too the current A grate coach. His backer and cheque book is renowned for promises but ultimately never delivers especially with his sponsorship. I'm going to suggest a world of bother in the off season unless the club meets this head on and makes a very easy decision.
by oldman
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

By that logic, Blackwood shouldnt be in the hills competition either

no argument there ...... shouldn't let one bad decision justify another.

Well I am glad minds like yours are at club board level and not league level. Dinosaur views are what can destroy a league; SFL for example.

Anyway, great game Echunga today. Our boys had to work hard for the win. Anyone from Echunga able to enlighten me about some whispers I heard today? - I hear the Echunga B grade coach has been sacked and from what I have heard this may lure back a number of players. Whats the story there?

Surely this is incorrect he was a brilliant coach, both him and their A grade coach this year have performed to expectations. I mean there recent records before coming together this year was to a vey high standard.......NOT. Look into it deeper people and you will find the said senior coach has only ever been successful when able to spend $$$$$$ he can't coach he can move magnets that are talented players tho. It may also be the case that his cheque book backer is in serious trouble in the business game.

Maybe the recruiting strategy at Echunga needs looking at the last 2 recruiting drives have been less than desirable in the way in which it's been financed.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/fouryear-ban-for-south-australian-businessman-after-companies-collapse/news-story/3426fbc9f8f66dd98a065263c7cfc410
by oldman
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Not all recruits Farmer. Just a few

After the first time surely it was obvious they'd run at the nearest offer again.
Main reason my lads went elsewhere & didn't return to the Roys.

Really can't blame them not wanting to play under a convicted criminal.
by oldman
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

So Fitzroy so far lost

Anton Gerardis
Dan Pigliacelli
Chris Beaty
Luke Scicluna
Ryan Foley

Then if you believe the rumours these guys are gone too:

Damian Harvey
Chad Bourke
Mark Roberts
Luke Cooper

That's 9 out of their best 21 from last season, and their 6 highest goal kickers.

Yeah but no doubt they will have a bit of cash to splash their new coach is renowned for that even if it's not his money
by oldman
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Top 5 for 2018

Lockleys is the the team to beat. They have been around the mark for a while now and have the depth many clubs can only dream of in div5. They have kept the nucleus from the side from the last couple of years and added some more quality. A well coached and drilled team. This could be the year they finally make the big dance and a dominant season from the demons would not surprise anyone. A lock for the double chance.

CBOC arguably were the second best side last year and would be disappointed not to have made their way out of Div5. Under fist year coach last year and with some exciting recruits CBOC were a formidable outfit at their best. One would expect further improvement with another preseason under the guidance of the coaching group and with further quality players added to what was a deep and even playing list CBOC sit at the pointy end of the ladder again in 2018. Top 3 would be the minimum expectation and we all know anything can happen from there.

BOS are for me the biggest unknown. As with Lockleys, BOS could easily have been promoted over the last few years with a couple of dominant seasons had. Last year might have been slightly below par but some added depth was a real positive. With a new coach coming from Div1 I expect BOS to be the best drilled team and have team structures rarely seen at this level.  If they are able to acquire even a few players with the coach they could do some serious damage and take the big step in finals type footy.  Finals is a sure thing but the sky is the limit.

Pulteney will be looking to continue their improvement after what was a dominant display in Div6 last year. However some key players from last year not available again could  prove costly. With a couple of decent additions to the playing group taking time to gel might mean a slow start. If previous seasons are any indication depth shouldn't be an issue. Last year saw them catch sides out with their game style however this year will be a significant improvement in quality opposition. Finals footy or fail.

Smithfield are the sleeping giant make no mistake. Anything is possible with this mob after racing up the grades they were found out last year after losing some key personal. If they are able to gain some of those blokes back for 2018 then lookout. Always a formidable outfit at home they should be looking to all games out there which in turn sees them right around the mark with a few wins on the road. Top end talent will take them along way but depth could be the issue. Finals looks likely.

Woodville South

Hope Valley

Hectorville

Ingle Farm

Kenilworth

Good luck to all teams for 2018 I'll be keeping a close eye on Div5 with no involvement at any club this year I look forward to watching and enjoying footy
by oldman
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ha!

we are very alert to what valleys can bring..we struggled to pull away in the first round last year and in the second game were 7 goals down at 3/4 time and stole it..wet conditions tomorrow..no chance of us being complacent i would like to think..
Ok 'oldman', next you'll be saying Lockleys lucky to avoid relegation and Farmers flag favs :lol: 8)

How did I get pulled into this?
by oldman
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

9. APPS General
9.1. In the case of a player who has played an equal number of games in two or
more categories, the highest category (points) shall apply.
by oldman
Tue May 01, 2018 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Sad news today for our mate bedge. All the best mate glad everyone is safe
by oldman
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

What sort of coin does a non playing coach get in this league?
Jars doesn’t coach for nothing so interested to know.

Probably around the 100k mark, then he can afford an expensive Uber driver or 4 with league experience ;)

A bit like cooking a carp.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Andrew Jarman has a very poor record coaching especially of late?
I can't help but think clubs get sucked into a coach having a "profile" rather than being a decent coach. I know the ammo leagues are not the AFL but the best coaches recently in the AFL haven't been the most high profile people

There are some coaches out there with pretty decent records who don't have a high profile who must be doing something right
by oldman
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

Word on the street is some unrest at pulteney........ possibly a change at the top with the great man Bedgegood taking the reins for the remainder of the year? Better late than never.
by oldman
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Word on the street is some unrest at pulteney........ possibly a change at the top with the great man Bedgegood taking the reins for the remainder of the year? Better late than never.
.. and I thought I was the only one who posted rubbish on this thread. 8)

Also please use a capital letter for proper nouns - Pulteney. ;)

Any further developments on the said matter Mr Bedge? It's possible you owe me an apology.......
by oldman
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Mr Bedgegood should be congratulated on his appointment as A grade coach for the remainder of 2021. I would argue that no person is more deserving of an opportunity to coach A grade football. This is a fantastic chance to showcase his excellent knowledge and coaching ability for all clubs to see even if it's only for 3 weeks. Good luck mate.

Definitely puts you in pole position for 2022
by oldman
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. No place for this and anyone who thinks otherwise or is trying to defend this action in anyway should take a good hard look at themselves. I think it's brilliant that there is video footage of this incident as this takes all the doubt over what really happened out of it. Any person who physically abuses a official should be banned for life.
by oldman
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 3

can anyone confirm Plympton and coach have parted ways? Plympton looking to secure Josh Scott as a playing coach for 2022??
by oldman
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

Half back flanker (Wayne Knowles) to woody sth. How many clubs have you been at? Did they advertise or how did this come about,
by oldman
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

The Bedge wrote:
oldman wrote:I feel well equipped to answer this question

When did you coach or play a D5 side? :P

really....
by oldman
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

The Bedge wrote:
oldman wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
jake the snake wrote:What’s happened to Mitcham? Heard big things all preseason and now they are getting hammered by 100 points

My thoughts exactly. Yank Man was all over it!!!

Off field the I'm sure Calderbank is BOG

Still salty you didn't get the gig? :P

Yes obviously
by oldman
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Wow 1/4 of the season already done. As expected Golden Grove are a fair way ahead of the rest at the moment. Currently 8 goals is about as close as anyone has got to them this includes Modbury and Flinders Park both who were expected to be the biggest challengers. Modbury have put their hand up to be the no2 seed atm but you could argue they have had decent draw to start the year only losing to GG and accounting for 3 teams not expected to feature in the finals. Edwardstown have made a strong start and their win over Flinders Park has catapulted them into the mix, they have some handy SANFL experience throughout their side and appear to be well drilled. Flinders Park were all the talk preseason with GG and are yet to hit their straps, I have no doubt they will be there at the end when the whips are cracking. They have way to much top end talent for D3 not to be a serious threat.

The rest are competing to avoid relegation and to make up the final spot in the 5 and I doubt any of them can compete with the top 4. At this stage Scotch and CBC look the most likely to be heading down however I suspect injuries and unavailability will play the biggest role in deciding who stays and who goes.
by oldman
Tue May 03, 2022 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

All this talk about, lack of time etc is not the reason at all. Its really simple. People just don't care anymore and those that do care just get in and do it. I would guess that the majority of clubs lacking help off the field are the same clubs that where if a player was told they were not playing A grade or even at all for a week the player would simply see that as no big deal and actually enjoy having the weekend off. The care factor of playing sport unless getting paid to do so has definitely lost its appeal.
by oldman
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Westmister appeal is happening.
Not sure why but the SANFL are involved, the permit in question was approved is my mail from very reliable source.

The Adelaide Footy League is no longer "Amateur" clubs are spending significant amounts of money to improve and becoming far more professional, it would appear after the last couple of weeks with decisions made by the league that clubs could be starting to question the leagues handling and professionalism.
by oldman
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the SANFL are involved,

The SANFL aren’t stepping in at all.

WOSFC have appealed to a SANFL tribunal as is their right after the SACFL have also told WOSFC that there is no valid permit.
So they are involved. :lol:

He didn't say they were stepping in, he said they were involved :P

Conflicting reports then. I was told there was a approved permit
by oldman
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda

It's absolutely the right decision. Ratten relies on talent to win games of football and had zero plan to fall back on when things weren't going to plan. Lyon brings a set of structures and game plan that have stood up time and time again. All this talk about the saints not having enough top end talent is crap. Marshall, Steele,Gresham, Sinclair, Hill, Clarke, Coffield, Billings, Owens, Windhager, King, Membrey, Higgins, Battle, Howard all have room to improve and with the right coach who I believe Lyon is we will see a significant improvement from the whole side moving forward.
by oldman
Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

The Bedge wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
oldman wrote:Looking for a trial game oval available either last weekend of March or first weekend of April.

Inbox me for further details.

have you tried for St Marys Park?

Think he's saying he's looking for a trial game, and has an oval available?

Yeah, sorry, didn't check my grammar before posting.
by oldman
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |