Search found 213 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Regardless of the result, you shake and acknowledge the opposition coach after the game, just as the players do..

Quick shout out to Central United, who admitted they have sacrificed talent on field to develop the right culture and are trying to change the culture and reputation of the club. Only speaking for the B grade, but didnt hear any issues from the A grade anyway, but my lads all came off the ground saying that was the best spirit they had played against Central United, with not one incident, and they were positive amongst each other all day, regardless of the scoreboard. A young playing group but certainly heading in the right direction in terms of behaviour..

The coach shook my hand and we had a couple of beers after the game, and his side lost by more than BL did..

Lockleys a bit of an upset over WC.. Z the great has his club flying nicely under the radar, until now ;)
by human_torpedo
Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He was actually in the rooms dealing with his players and what lays ahead. Come out and had a beer with Ingle Farms footy director and co captain afterwards. Can you blame him for having the shits?? Lots of work to be done at the lodge
:shock: buddy he's the coach of a Div 6 side, not Mick Malthouse coaching Carlton! :roll:

I don't care what disappointment you might feel, that just stinks of whinging spoilt brat syndrome to me.
by no_remorse28
Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He was actually in the rooms dealing with his players and what lays ahead. Come out and had a beer with Ingle Farms footy director and co captain afterwards. Can you blame him for having the shits?? Lots of work to be done at the lodge
:shock: buddy he's the coach of a Div 6 side, not Mick Malthouse coaching Carlton! :roll:

I don't care what disappointment you might feel, that just stinks of whinging spoilt brat syndrome to me.
Spot on.
You want respectability you don't do that shite.
What has Brahma done over the last couple of years that suggests they want respectability??
by Jetters
Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1st thing you do when the siren goes is shake the opposition coaches hand. Its not that hard.
by Arch44
Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Half Back Flanker wrote:I'm still the coach of Brahma

For how long? :P
by no_remorse28
Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Is it really that big of a deal to forget or not shake hands with an opposition coach?

Personally, and although I've always done it, I did think it was an odd custom.

I believe it is. You are representing your club and shows respect to the opposition.
by Arch44
Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok I'll clear this up once and for all. YES I made an error of judgement Saturday that I am not proud of, but at no stage was that directed at Paul or anyone at IFFC. Full credit to them cause they were very good all day. I was very angry at our lack of discipline and actually left the bench half way through the last quarter after a discussion with my senior assistant that I would go and prepare for our after match de brief. At that time the shaking of hands ect didn't enter my mind. I did feel bad about afterwards and went in and had a beer or two with some people from Ingle Farm. Like me or loath me, I admit I made a mistake, for that I'm sorry.

I hope this puts everyone's mind at ease. Thank you.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tomorrow will give a greater indication of just how good Smithfield are.

When was the last time they would've faced a side the calibre and structure of Lockleys? At a guess would've been a while, and have had some softer games along the way - if they're not fully prepared for tomorrow then I think we will see Lockleys go a game clear on top..
by The Bedge
Fri May 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C4 - season 2015

In their defence, a number of their blokes tried to stop him so it isn't the whole team or club
by Mr Beefy
Wed May 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can confirm the person suspended has accepted his punishment, as well as a 12 month club imposed ban in which he has some work to do over that time including:

* He has entered into a Mental Health Plan to help him deal with anxiety and depression issues he is currently battling, and address triggers
* Will be required to undertake and successfully complete an Anger Management programme organised by the club to help educate and rehabilitate him.
* Is expected to complete a Coaching General Principles course (especially Rules & Regulations).
* Will complete a letter of apology to the IFFC C Grade for his actions and the effect it has had on them.
* Speak to the Junior football side of the club about his actions and the impact it has had on his life and football playing "career" (for lack of better work).

At 24 years of age, and having never been involved in any incidents previously - through junior football, senior football and life in general, the club will continue to provide support and guidance to Anthony moving forward to deal with this and receive the help he needs.

This was and will remain an isolated incident, and the club is undertaking measures to ensure that is does not happen again in the future.

The Advertiser article paints a bleak picture of the football club, but the facts remain that over the past 4 years or so the club has worked tirelessly to change a negative image and the onfield conduct has been for the most part exemplary - especially in the higher grades, there have been no reports or suspensions in the A, B or C Grades since 2011.

Hope this clears up for all and sundry and can leave it at that and move on...
by The Bedge
Thu May 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't ask for much more than that, great work IFFC.
by morell
Thu May 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 things I need to point out. McKinnon didn't play last week and Cooper doesn't play half back.
by Arch44
Fri May 22, 2015 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reggie Wanganeen doesn't play his best footy on the bench.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri May 22, 2015 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

I thought the coach was suspended until 2017 (or maybe I read wrong) ? If that's not a big sanction, I"m not sure what is!
..and so he should given his record.

I want to know what club imposed sanctions and penalities though - suspending the coach for 18 months or what ever it is doesnt cut it..
The said coach has a very poor set of people skills, and in desperate need of psychological help coupled with anger management therapy.
Was surprised, that a quality club didn't phone one of the several clubs he has been involved with, if this was done, then the appointment would never have taken place.
by EB53
Mon May 25, 2015 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hmm see Byron Mordant and the Salisbury 18's into some mischief once again.. be interesting to see if the club cops the same type of sanctions as lower division clubs such as Smithfield & Ingle Farm..
Most ridicules thing is under his instructions regarding the U/18 incident with the Farms last year he is up on a charge that he should have been on last year.
Yet the Farms are suffering because of his BS.
Go figure.
Just a terrible human being.
by EB53
Mon May 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hmm see Byron Mordant and the Salisbury 18's into some mischief once again.. be interesting to see if the club cops the same type of sanctions as lower division clubs such as Smithfield & Ingle Farm..
Most ridicules thing is under his instructions regarding the U/18 incident with the Farms last year he is up on a charge that he should have been on last year.
Yet the Farms are suffering because of his BS.
Go figure.
Just a terrible human being.
Probably a good thing you're not involved at Gepps anymore then mate, he may be heading that way.

Football and cricket clubs unearth all sorts of characters mostly good people,but every now and then we come across someone who is totally unlikeable and never willing to listen to the voice of reason. Unfortunately one person such as this can cause a tremendous amount of disharmony and distract clubs from their main focus.
Pag, if we as custodians of our respective clubs allow people of this ilk to hold sway, then we let down the vast majority of good club people
If your body had a cancer you would have it removed.
by EB53
Mon May 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heart stopper at Ingle Farm - tight last quarter in the rain, West Croydon hit the lead after trailing all day, Ingle Farm fought their way back and then The Milky Bar Kid stepped up.. Injected himself.. Clutch player.. Calmly slots one from 85m on a sharp angle..

Wiles missed open goal in the last minute, Farmers hold on by 2pts.
by The Bedge
Sat May 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Simply super insightful stuff from someone who is capable of reading a forum and trying to stir trouble for two clubs that are both looking to move on and put the incident.

I have the upmost faith that this game will be played in the right spirit and both clubs will be focused on showing their club in the right light with no incidents.

Both clubs have done a lot of work to ensure that everything runs smoothly and I guarantee that nothing will happen because a troll from Henley with nothing better to do with his time wants to try and start some trouble that both parties are moving on from.
by the milky bar kid
Sun May 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers to PG and his Bgrade yesterday for the beers after the game and helping us out with a boundary umpire.
by Arch44
Sun May 31, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Computer Crashed wrote:Get a life.

Some itches aren't worth scratching mate, they end up going away.
by Lightning McQueen
Sun May 31, 2015 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So true.
Always the right of reply though.
How good would it be for the Farms and Smiffies to sit down in the middle of the oval and share a coldie together, still suited up after a tough but fair tussle after the game.
I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility mate, judging by some of the convo's I've seen on Facebook between players from both sides.

Life's too short to worry about yesterday.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Sweating on Lumosty to get a start in the Stradbroke on Saturday. I got $16 a few weeks ago, he's now $5 fav.
Also backed Werther to win the Qld Derby @ $17, after winning the Oaks he's now $4 fav with Winx a doubtful runner.
by Spargo
Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Computer Crashed wrote:
ORDoubleBlues wrote:Fill me up - sr3 no8
Falino - br5 no6
Golden mane - mr8 no11
Monkstone - mr9 no9
Devonshire duke - mr7 no10
Saturn rock - br6 no8

Bread and water on then menu this week ?

Bread? Is bread free these days? :lol:
by OnSong
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fill me up - sr3 no8
Falino - br5 no6
Golden mane - mr8 no11
Monkstone - mr9 no9
Devonshire duke - mr7 no10
Saturn rock - br6 no8
Bread and water on then menu this week ?
Bread? Is bread free these days? :lol:
Poor bugger.
Not even a place getter.
We've all had days/weeks/months/years like that. Pity was they were all around the $10 mark so hardly Hail Marys lol
by OnSong
Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Tower Hotel @ Magill.
Picking the lad up from work and was a little early so I thought I'd go in and have a coldie.
Sparkling Ale Stubby @ $8.20.
Go and get stuffed.

Currently Sparklings are $5.50 over the bar at my local. Nice!
$5 at my footy club.
$5.50 is bareable.
$8.20 isn't.
OG hotel had a carton @ $40 2 weeks ago.
Grabbed a few.
$36 around a year ago for 2 days.
Every bottle shop on North East Road within 5 Ks sold out as they matched the price.

$8.80 pints of super dry at Adelaide Oval now.

Went along on a free ticket from my mate on Saturday night, had a dozen or so beers then dropped $100 at the cas on the way out.

Fair to say the free ticket cost me a bit :D
by bennymacca
Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The GM, Purchasing officer, 3 (of 4) Sales Reps and 1 storeman being off sick today.

I am also sick, but at work slugging away picking up their slack. Motherf**kers!
by HH3
Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

incompetent management losing contracts.......
time for the job hunting to begin
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Computer Crashed wrote:Tower Hotel @ Magill.
Picking the lad up from work and was a little early so I thought I'd go in and have a coldie.
Sparkling Ale Stubby @ $8.20.
Go and get stuffed.

Currently Sparklings are $5.50 over the bar at my local. Nice!
by Booney
Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The GM, Purchasing officer, 3 (of 4) Sales Reps and 1 storeman being off sick today.

I am also sick, but at work slugging away picking up their slack. Motherf**kers!
At least they have excuses.
Even when are warehouse pickers and managers turn up they are still useless.
It's like the whole world is plotting against them.
I'm still waiting on a confirmation return email when a customer will receive their goods 4 hrs after sending it.
At least I was smart enough to CC the State boss so he can see how ******* hard they make things.
Guess what idiots.
Customers pay your wage.

Sorry, should've said off "sick".

It sounds like you work here.

More works being done today, and Im the only one really doing anything.

If I CC'd the GM, he wouldn't check it til July anyway.
by HH3
Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would like to thank Smithfield for their hospitality on Saturday. Simon and his committee work tirelessly to make sure everything runs smoothly on match day, well done guys.. Also a great gesture from both clubs in both grades to line up and shake hands before the game. And thank you for the carton left in the changerooms for the A grade and the jugs in the club to follow. Overall a great day day out at Smithfield apart from the results.
Maybe people should get out to clubs on match day and see what a great job volunteers do for clubs instead of focusing on certain one off instances by individuals. FWIW, West Croydon are one of the best organised clubs on match day that i have come across and their match day officals are outstanding.
by old farmer
Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The guys commentating downhill.

At the end "how does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big."
by cracka
Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Computer Crashed wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:Nr 5-7 - Didn't run on. Lost $40.
Nr 7-10 - 30/50 - Collected $284.

Happy to say I love track work riders.

Editing posts after the race - very uncool man.
by Spargo
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^^^ My new favourite poster 8)
by Footy Chick
Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Multi bets

Kangaroos
GWS
West Coast
Hawthorn
Melbourne
Richmond
Melbourne Storm
Canterbury
Newcastle
South Sydney
Roosters
Broncos

$20 @ $63.30

Cant be ****** looking at the rugby results, how did they go?
Winner, winner chicken dinner.
Richmond was the last leg and when the Saints got to within 15 points in the last I was shitting myself.
by Jim05
Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Craiglea Jabiru

rocky race 1 - 3 @ $15 in paper

coming off a slashing 9th

A field of 7 with 6 Craiglea runners and one is $1.50.

It was a race like this that I noticed the Jabiru on xmas eve.
it was the unplaced $1.40 fav in an identical field.

Difference here is there is no A Coome in this race today

12-50 is jump time
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out comes the sun.
Out comes the BOOBS :).

are you calling a Tit Monday???

Tit Monday:

This put it best. I didn't write it, for those who thought I did but i'll claim it if you want me to:

"Ah, Tit Monday. It's not that far off now...

That glorious day when, heading into work on the bus, or sitting on the train, you find yourself suddenly chirpier than you have been in months. You find yourself smiling at strangers again. There is a mild involuntary tumescence in your trousers that comes and goes throughout the morning with the comforting regularity of a heartbeat.

And then you get a text around lunchtime from a mate which says: "At last, Tit Monday!" And you instantly understand why you are so happy. For Tit Monday is that special day in the year when, for the first time, the temperature rises above that magical point which causes girls getting dressed in the morning to decide to show a bit of skin.

After months of dull colours and chunky knit, the world's birds suddenly dive into last summer's wardrobe (they've not had chance to buy this season's stuff) and chuck it on without a thought. Your urban landscape is suddenly lightened with acres of naked arm and leg and, after many dark months of burrowing, breasts rising to the surface like moles at dusk.

Big breasts in white work shirts straining at the buttons. Small breasts braless in vest tops, the nipples frotted by ribby fabrics. Breasts in summer dresses bouncing in the distance so that they catch your eye before you even notice there is someone wearing them. Breasts nudging out from the crowd at traffic islands, quivering to cross the road...

And you know it is nearly summer. For previous generations, the arrival of spring was heralded by the sound of the first cuckoo. For us, it is Tit Monday.

Not that it always falls on a Monday. Like Easter, Tit Monday is a moveable feast.

And then, of course, there is Tit Monday Night. You see, in early summer, temperatures drop off very dramatically when night falls. But the dollies are not prepared. Slightly stunned by the morning heat, they drag out the summer clothes but forget to bring a cardie (a mistake they will not make again until next year), so that when they're all standing outside the pub after work celebrating the arrival of spring, their barely covered nipples have no protection from the cold. It's like a Bring-and-Buy sale where everyone has brought hat pegs. It's like a prog-rock gig where, instead of lighters, everyone is holding up nipples.

So when will Tit Monday fall this year? Will you be the first to text your mates with the announcement? Do not shoot your bolt too early. There will be false starts. You will smell fresh cut grass and see a couple of early starters and feel compelled to declare Tit Monday. But your more level-headed friends will tell you to hold your horses, keep your powder dry, don't fire until you see the whites of their bra straps.

As the poet said: one bold Northern slapper in a bikini doth not a summer make."
by heater31
Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Balaklava Cup Day

My step dads stoked, just ran into Fred Bills the Torrens champion!
by Wedgie
Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Computer Crashed wrote:20/20 Lindops mount in the cup.
Would have been more if Shahrazad had a longer ******* nose.

=D> =D>
by Booney
Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still at the pub after the trip home, works going to be fun tomorrow.
by Wedgie
Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

helicopterking wrote:Lindops ride in the cup will go very close.

I told you blokes Once
by helicopterking
Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals - Week 2

Got me faaaarked how you spazzos can give Betts shit.
He's a forward that hasn't seen the footy.
At least he's trying to get into the game.
Van Berlo - McKay - passengers.
Grow a brain you people.
I'm not even a Cows supporter but I can see bullshit when it's in front of me.
Wanks.

The knocks on him in this forum was he doesn't get near it vs Hawks.
He has had 1 touch.
The blokes who gave him stick about the vs Hawks thing are currently being proven right.
So they continue to pile it on until they are proven otherwise.
Your either with it or against it.
I'm with it, you're against it.
Good understanding of the game Helli Cock Ter King.

Nice one Dave Hughes
by helicopterking
Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You know your having a bad night when Razor Ray isn't even worst on ground
by woodublieve12
Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Mackay and vb only get games because we lost two first rounders due to the Tippett stuff :(

Yet you extended McKay's contract only this year.
Mitch Grigg appears to have fallen way out of favour unfortunately. Good kid and deserves a crack

Agree with that
by bennymacca
Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Great post computer. Couldn't agree more
by carey
Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Sorry bud,you are wrong.
Played in 5 winning GFs and 1 losing GF for the Bulls from 89 to 97.
Never started pre season until the middle of Jan.
Mon/Wed/Fri training and the same routine every year.
By the time round 1 came along the playing group was fitter than any other side going around.
Maximum pay for myself was $60 a game even after playing 200 games.
I and my team mates didn't give a rats about money - we were there to win.
I actually owed money at the end of most seasons because we hung around and spent the coin over the bar - yep - a tab was kept by the great man Jimmy, now departed.
Today's footballers are quite simply pathetic when it comes to committing to each other and their club.
End of a true story.[/quote]

Sounds to me like you had a group together that were galvanised and committed so I grant you a pre-season pre Xmas may have been superfluous to your needs but 6 GFs in 8 years suggests you had a very strong group regardless of what you did. If in early January you get a 3 night commitment from a bunch of guys who don't make excuses and work hard for each other I'm happy to except that below elite level this would work fine.

I think this day and age though players change club$ like underwear and those pre-Xmas sessions can be effective in getting the new groups together. As I mentioned in my post we are our clubs D grade playing in Div 7 probably next year and we do start next week but it is one hour a week and most of us all either play in a our social AFL 9s team, Basketball or Indoor cricket team on another night. Not exactly an AFL 15 session per week pre season.
by wristwatcher
Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spider about the size of a 20c piece in the toilet bowl at work. I flush and watch as it curls into a ball and accepts its watery fate.

I do my business etc and stand up, turn around, spider is back on the edge of the toilet bowl.

I flush again, this time with genuine reason. Spider again does his curl into ball routine. Surely this time he's rooted.

Nope. All the rest of the rubbish is gone, but spider uncurls himself and walks off the surface of the water.

I didn't flush a third time. Dat spider got my respect. #fighter
Might be a gerbil.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've had a crack at growing my own veggies. Myself and the Mrs have seperate patches so i can take the glory for anything that grows in mine.

This is the first harvest of my zuccinis.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/19/9fc18a84c7d7a9a8aeadd40b0bd2a1b0.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/19/6699ea7de3c79280a547247988c70674.jpg

Then after all that hard work, relaxed in with a nice eBook about the origins and workings of the NFL Draft.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/19/65a04bf293a80d5f37f8a6b83c97bbe9.jpg
by HH3
Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Leatherpoison wrote:Heard on the grape vine Russell Hutton is out to hope valley from modbury...

Considering I had to look the bloke up on Sporting Pulse to find out who he was, im fairly confident we can cover a lad that played a handful of games in our C's then disappeared
by Sass!
Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hot Sportsbet tips at big overs!!!!

I started this thread with the Stark at $4.50 bet.

Mass panic when he went down injured half way through the first innings.

Despite Hazlewood taking 9 and Boult 7 he did manage to hang on for a share of the win. The bet lasting until the final ball of the series. Not quite the clean up I had hoped for but still a tidy win.
by wristwatcher
Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |