Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Not for me to elaborate on, not my club, and it isn't rubbish!! Imagine it will be all over here by this afternoon, definitely by selections tonight!!
Maybe someone from the club concerned can reveal? There's plenty of em on this site normally with opinions. :oops:

Joel Brown on the move?

Have done some checking for you SB and you are correct. Sad to see but when you are offered the real big bucks he has been reckon it is understandable. Was always a chance this would happen when his best mate NPG went to Loxton. He has told club he will be back next year but has a wedding to pay for

Just another casualty of the country clubs being able to offer these blokes plenty of $$$$$ and SFL clubs cant match it.

Jet Airport reckon you need to get your head out your backside mate and stop trashing HV any chance you get. Most blokes would be tempted by this sort of cash - HV dont need to "have a good hard look at themselves" but maybe you should find a mirror and stop trying to stir up trouble

Not "stirring up trouble" MF, stating what I had been shown on Facebook!
Not "trashing" Happy Valley either MF- always respected HV footy club... but... the walls down HVFC are talking in 2015 MF!

Last I checked Its a forum and when your arguably 1st or 2nd best player- "walks out" after playing "B grade" round 1, people in footy are going to talk. If a Farrier, Pannozo, Mott, or Carey did the same you'd be all over it .

See you round 5 MF- i'll bring some mirrors for your hierarchy to look into, make sure you all wear ya 2012 premiership Polo-shirts so we can count ALL the blokes who have moved on.[/quote]

Some of the selections of Vikings A-grade last week were very strange Brown and Huebner just to name a few which was made worst by there first loss to the Falcons and B-grade won easily and now one of your best players Brown who was the Vikings best player in the finals and played association footy last year has gone to another club after round 1. Add him to the list of McKenzie, McNamara, Borowski, Raitt plus a few others who aren't playing and you gotta expect some discussion and questions asked.

The vikings have always been a stable club and one of the powers in the SFL I'm sure they will bounce back this week. Don't be so precious MF it's a forum for discussion if you don't like it don't log on. :)
by Keyser Soze
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mister Footy wrote:Yep lets get the footy to do the talking

Good to hear there is already quality prospects showing interest in job

Yep, I hear the main candidate is Owen..........

Owen Five 8)
by petoe
Sat May 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting that the facebook sacking announcement has been taken down, I guess they didn't appreciate the media interest!
by Dutchy
Mon May 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont think Reynella winning would be an upset.
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

" It should only be worked out on the current season anyhow , these ideas of 5 years, 10 years and the like have no bearing on current strength, why not 20 years, 50 years, 100 year... where do you end?"

LGIL - if Valleys dont make A grade finals because of a dodgy coaching recruitment and couple blokes leaving does that make it a div 2 club?
by Mister Footy
Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its not just about the players on their home deck. Its the revenue boost a club gets on the back of having your a grade playing at home.
But I'll take shoe boy at his word. They didn't tank for this home game and to avoid playing reynella? ;)
by tigerpie
Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaching Vacancies 2016

THE EDWARDSTOWN FOOTBALL CLUB INC INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR AN EXPERIENCED A GRADE / CLUB COACH FOR SEASON 2016.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE REQUIRED PROGRESS THE DEVELOPMENT OF A YOUNG GROUP OF PLAYERS TO REACH THEIR POTENTIAL.
LEVEL ONE COACHING CERTIFICATE REQUIRED.

THE CLUB ALSO REQUIRES THE SERVICES OF A QUALIFIED HEAD TRAINER.

POST APPLICATIONS TO THE PRESIDENT EDWARDSTOWN FOOTBALL CLUB INC P.O. BOX 103 EDWARDSTOWN SA 5039
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 25TH SEPTEMBER 2015

G'Day Uptown,

What league will the successful applicant be coaching in?
by Animus
Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At this point in time, Reynella is scheduled to play against Flaggies in the 14, 16, 18 and B's at Christies next Saturday with the A's against each other on Sunday at Porties. Will common sense prevail at the SFL and swap the A's?

Its already a nightmare for the SFL/Christies as revenue will be down with only 4 clubs there, they wouldn't reduce that down to 2 and stop Flaggy/Reynella people not paying again on Sunday, like the AFL it will be all about the $$$
by Dutchy
Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look Good In Leather wrote:The question stated "in the past 25 years"

Yes, and previous answers referred to clubs that entered 28 years ago and in the 80's ... so didn't think one more piece of missing info would offend your sensibilities so much LGIL. So sorry for the offence.
by Dazza44
Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would disagree seeing as he has played in the BLG league for 5 years. He is not straight out of the SANFL. Wont play for peanuts im sure, but wont command the sorta cash that a marquee player would be on.

Considering the offer from Flaggies was a fair way short of what he was after, I'll stand by what I said...
by reppoh_eht
Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Player you are referring to making good contribution the club in general. One player doesn't win you a game
Cant see us finishing outside of SF in 2017 and having some familiar faces on the track
by Mister Footy
Fri May 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can see the Sfl following the same path as the once powerful Sca...within 10 yrs will be dead and buried clubs moving on and also folding!!! Had numerous chances to fix the league but the geriatric board are to arrogant to accept were they've gone wrong !!

Up to 4 teams to walk to Saafl next year!
by sweendog
Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

I love these people that come into this thread when they know nothing and have nothing to do with this competition and just have unsubstantiated cracks

Just to shut you both up Jim and Whufc (and anyone else who thinks I'm being completely unreasonable) it's not even a league matter anymore - it's now a police matter and in turn, this site becomes potentially liable for any crap anything that you clowns post because you think it's your god given right to spout anything you wish on social media.

I can tell you know that Wedgie and Dutchy will be hunting you down to pay the legal fees if we get sued.
Don't have a problem with what you are doing and agree that things before a tribunal shouldn't be commented on. What I did find funny was the notion that the hierarchy of the SAAFL would be scouring forums that contain 99% BS and then using that info to prosecute people. Would of thought they have better things to do with their time
by Jim05
Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been around for a while now so maybe Over the Hill is more appropriate. The SAAFL thread has been warned about my arrival so I think I'll be sticking to DTH. Still hope to keep you guys honest by maintaining a keen interest in the SFL and this forum. Can't let LGIL get away with some of the tripe he comes up with ;)
by Down the Hill
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

While it’s great we’re gonna have a new premier, it seems appropriate to congratulate Flaggies on an extraordinary run. 6 flags in a row is phenomenal. Great club with a great set up and has clearly forced the top teams in the comp to get better which is great. I disagree with the previous comment. Different game styles but in my opinion the top 3 or 4 would hold their own in first couple of divisions in the ADFL. Probably unsurprisingly all of Reynella, Morphett Vale and Flaggies have exceptional junior programs also.

There are only a small handful of comps in this state that collectively are a better standard than D3 ammo’s, unfortunately imo the SFL isn’t one of them. D2 clubs are very strong and play very strong opposition most weeks. Maybe Reynella would go ok in D2 consistently however saying the top 3-4 sides would hold their own in the top couple divisions is a stretch imo. I can’t see anyone in the SFL beating Golden Grove who were undefeated in D3.

Just enjoy your Ammos in div 4 and we will continue on as we have for 131 years.
by shoe boy
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |