Search found 71 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spangas wrote:http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/road-rules/the-drivers-handbook/driving-road

Left lane is perfectly fine as long as it's under 80km/h or there is no keep left unless overtaking sign marked.

So we have to beware of red cars?

Yes. Especially, red racing cars.
by Spangas
Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2015

BZB27 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
BZB27 wrote:Looks like we are ready to unleash our amercan giant Jason Holmes this week for his first game.

Johnny's lad?

Dont know to be honest with you

:lol: :lol: Straight through to the keeper!
by Spangas
Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pictures of boobs. I really hate them....
by Spangas
Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Funny things kids say and do

Eating breakfast with my two year old yard ape yesterday. I lean over and let rip with a nice fart. He looks at me, leans over and with a red face push out comes a little squeakkkk. Followed by "fart, dad". I've never been so proud.
by Spangas
Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

16.4% of women 15 years or older have been victims of sexual assault from someone other than their partner in Australia. The global average is 7.2%. This statistic alone should terrify everyone in Australia. 1 in 5 women have experienced sexual violence since the age of 15 and 1 in 3 are sexually abused before the age of 16. 93% of offenders are male. So I would say we have a problem.

It doesn't help when some idiots automatically call women that have allegedly been sexually assaulted dirty slappers. I just hope it's never your wife or daughter that are one of the victims.

(The statistics are from the ABS and the National Statistics - Crime and Safety Survey).

Everyone should read this post again. There are ALWAYS bigger issues than football/footballers in this country.
by Spangas
Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Compassion would be a very good start.
by Spangas
Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Fact is, mind alteration in all it's forms is very much a part of life and alcohol is at the forefront of it.

This. Heaps bigger problem and more abused than illegal drugs.
by Spangas
Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Circular football 'conversations' in the "Things that give you the sh1ts" thread!
by Spangas
Mon May 30, 2016 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The news beat up around Sam Thaiday saying last nights SOO game was like losing your virginity.
If that offends you, it's time to give up all media outlets and go live in solitude.

Yes, if some people are easily offended by something as trivial as that they better not listen to any music on the radio.
by Spangas
Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

marbles wrote:i would really like to see Brad Scott go back and coach the Brisbane Lions next season

its craig hutchinsons idea, but i too think that would be a great thing for football

Certainly wouldn't hurt.
I think my 90 year old grandmother would get better results out of that playing group than Leppitsch.
by Spangas
Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Arch44 wrote:
Robbo14 wrote:Arch, Google "Trewartha umpire" click on the images and then you'll be able to read the article.

Cheers mate. That picture is not from a "Grab"

On a more serious note he could have tidied up those nose hairs a bit.
by Spangas
Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Recruit since 2000

Shane Mumford
by Spangas
Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Reports now surfacing that Majak Daw attempted suicide by jumping from the Bolte Bridge overnight.

Fell 25m and is now in hospital with a broken hip.

Horrible news. Hopefully he can get the help he needs, both physically and mentally.

Talk fellas - 13 11 14.

Edit- just saw Wedgie's post.

Very sad indeed and hopefully he recovers.

It shows the full scope of mental health. This is a kid who was born in a third world country with literally nothing, moves to Australia and has the opportunity to live the 'Australian Dream' of all youngsters but still battles mental demons.

This is a lesson that everyone is susceptible to mental health. Always ask R U Ok.
Yes, poor bugger.
Wouldn't have helped being dragged through the Courts for years over sexual assault allegations. Guilty until proven innocent as usual.
by Spangas
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

3 years before marriage.
I proposed on my birthday, so I never forget.
7 years married this year.
by Spangas
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Married at first sight

Apparently Virgil has impregnated Lauren in real life, he must've shot a fair round of DNA.

They're not together anymore , so much so that ch9 has ordered them not to see each other.

Would love to know what happened there
That bloke has 'psychotic serial killer' written all over his face. Just look at how he carries himself.
by Spangas
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Good timing ... This morning driving to work I was waiting at a red light on the corner of Clark Tce and Taps. Ambo car comes up quickly behind me with lights flashing, stops behind me and promptly turns the siren on. Am I permitted to go through a Red light in order to make way for a service vehicle like that?

I don't think so, but I guess creating enough of a gap would be enough?

Was a tricky one, I thought about going through it but there wasn't really long between the Clark Tce traffic clearing and the lights turning Green anyway thankfully
It's illegal to enter an intersection on a red light...safety first. It's almost a damned if you do; damned if you don't situation.
I remember a case a few years ago (I think it was Salisbury), where a driver went through the red light to allow an ambulance to follow and was fined.
by Spangas
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Mythical Creature wrote:
OnSong wrote:2008
Mallala
Hummocks Watchman
Balaklava
United
Two Wells
Virginia
Hamley Bridge

The year the streaker knocked himself out in the prelim :lol:

Still one of the funniest things I have ever seen on a footy field!
by Spangas
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Mallala
Hummocks Watchman
Balaklava
United
Two Wells
Virginia
Hamley Bridge

The year the streaker knocked himself out in the prelim :lol:
Still one of the funniest things I have ever seen on a footy field!

Funnier than you running into an open goal in the b grade gf the year before and then getting done holding the ball?
:lol: Was sick of kicking it to you
by Spangas
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My 5-year-old son getting to lead the Crows out for Round 1.
Should be interesting...his first comment was, "I hope the Crows don't peck me".
My boy knows footy...
by Spangas
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What have we learnt?

whufc wrote:Carlton will be the same old.

Youngsters will show glimpses of brilliance but they will play one awful quarter a game and win less than a handful of games.

It's similar to watching Brisbane play the last 5 years. Young teams can't match experienced bodies physically and mentally for 4 quarters.
by Spangas
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IPL

Out. 'Cricket' is already too much in the batsman's favour.
by Spangas
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Married at first sight

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:That was a cracker from Jules. And of course Martha gets all uppity about it. She likes causing shit, but from the shadows, which makes her worse than Jess.

:lol: Jules should have just said, "What makes you think I'm talking about you?". The 2 uppity bitches dug their own grave.
by Spangas
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Trader wrote:Thanks a lot Xenophon. W@nker.

Prick ruined all the online betting for us too, all these great deals going around but then there's "Not available to South Australian residents"

That's where a VPN is your friend.
by Spangas
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The AFL is losing me.....

You forgot to mention 'Roving Brian'.
I only sit down and watch Brisbane games.
by Spangas
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you miss

5/ Sporting commentators that didn't have their larrikinism and character media-trained out of them. Ian Day, Lou Richards, Bill Lawry, Ray Warren, of the top of my head, no doubt plenty of others. Still some semblance of it Rabs, Gus, Sterlo and Fatty when they get together on the Rugby League
Gus is a deadset wanker.
by Spangas
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The AFL is losing me.....

Joffa Corfe :

I won't attend another AFL game until Gill comes out and apologises to all supporters at the way we are being treated. Some one has to make a stand on behalf of all other decent like minded supporters at the way we have been portrayed. Football is all about banter and fun booing and having a go at the umpiring. It's about us you and me. I have never sensed outrage in the Terraces as what we are seeing now. So AFL get your supporter cardboard cut outs to replace us, get your fake crowd noise over the loud speaker systems at all grounds to replace us. We are the game or at least we thought we were!!
He's definitely right there.
by Spangas
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Lightning McQueen wrote:he reminds me of a toddler that found a good hiding spot so he continues to hide there thinking no one will find him.
by Spangas
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The border collie puppy I bought for my wife. I forgot how much I miss having a dog!
by Spangas
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:This little sausage.

How good are puppies (when they're not pissing in the house or eating your socks).
by Spangas
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Lightning McQueen wrote: Champ, stop trying to stand out from the crowd with a stupid looking mo, get rid of it and stand out by going in and getting the ball and doing

EFA
by Spangas
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nuggety goodness wrote:Speaking of smells... i rate, in no particular order;

What about you?

I drink coffee very rarely, but I've always loved the smell of freshly-ground coffee.
by Spangas
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

I love a good goal celebration especially when it makes them look like a goose ;)

He'll be shattered to know it hasn't met your approval.
He's only human.
You can't please everyone ;)
I remember when Aker would do a handstand after every win, then when he went to the Bulldogs the 'leadership group' banned it.
A bit of showmanship never killed anyone! Go for it, young fella.
by Spangas
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Also forgot the world shortage of yummy Dim Sims

I'm not sure that those words could actually go together, dim sims are ok but you'd struggle to find one that's good, let alone "yummy".

Steamed are way better too I might add.

Spring rolls all the way!
by Spangas
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Champ - Huge kick in the teeth

Chief - Couldn't bring yourself to say Champ

Mate - Not really trying, are you?

Buddy - Bit soft.

Pal - You're old, go home.
Thanks for the clarification. I avoid using any of them if I can . Though I run with mate when I can’t remember someone’s name.

I'll be using them more :lol:
I like the way you think, Pal.
by Spangas
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I still get sent pictures of dogs to adopt.

They wonder why I drink.

I went through this for about 2 years after we built our house, I finally caved in after a pointer x puppy was listed at the wingfield shelter. We've had her for 2 years now and love her to bits but I've had to replace two lounges, carpet in one room , re-landscape the backyard not to mention a bucket load of shoes. Probably a reflection on us as we are pushovers when it comes to her but DON'T GIVE IN :lol:
I said the same thing for years (without the pool), but come on, you know you want one...
by Spangas
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane v GWS

From afl.com.au
When asked if he would continue playing on the edge following the 17th charge of his career, Greene smiled and said: "I don't know, we'll wait and see what happens."
The question should be rephrased to, "Will you continue to play like a filthy, little grub?"
by Spangas
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:Belittling is in the eye of the beholder...

You take what you give otherwise you just learn to shut up, everyone is equal and if you don't like being paid out, you don't do it to others.

Stop making sense....dickhead.
by Spangas
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Nick Robertson skills are not good.

We (well my Brisbane supporter son) calls him Burnt Crumpet at home as he is as useful as a Burnt Crumpet

Turns the ball over way too much but is at least hard at it
Might not be the silkiest player, but you can never question his effort.
The Crows probably need a few more like him.
by Spangas
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Booney wrote:Image

Awesome.
I'm taking my kids to the RAAF base Saturday. Can't wait to see my boy's face when he sees the planes/helicopters up close.
by Spangas
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone own/owned long haired border collies?
Thoughts/opinions/hints?
I bought mine from a farm in Port Augusta back in June when he was 8 weeks old.
He's black and white. Very fast learner but as mentioned he does get into mischief out in the backyard. He's great with our young kids and unlike my kids, he actually listens.
by Spangas
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the average cost of getting a new phone screen these days... and does anyone have any recommendations on a half decent place, preferably around the North Eastern suburbs

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Depends on what type of phone mate.

The best place I've encountered with my clumsy kids is at Sefton Plaza, around $80 generally for most types of iPhone.

https://www.grphones.com.au/contact-us/

You can look up the price via their website.
I second this place. Best price I've come across.
If it's a new phone, it's not unusual to fork out around $200.
by Spangas
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

If retards stopped cleaning the ******* shops out every day there would be a lot less panic.
by Spangas
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should I feel guilty going for a walk with the missus every morning? I swear people have driven past us shaking their heads the cockheads.

We’re doing it each day.
10am walk to get takeaway coffees.
Keep your distance but you need exercise.

Even in the full shutdowns in the UK you are still allowed to exercise outdoors.

I went for a bike ride last night, first one for over a week, don't underestimate the mental health benefits of exercise.
I bought an e-bike at the start of the year and ride to work most days during the week (25km round trip). I mainly did it to lose weight, but the ride home is always great for clearing my head.
by Spangas
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Are the AFL players allowed to get jobs to supplement their income whilst they’re on reduced wages?
I know most of them won’t need to but some 1st or 2nd year players may need to.
Does their contract allow it?

Seeing they are getting a charmed run here they should be put into the Centrelink Call Centres to listen into the conversations the employees are hearing to get a dose of reality.
When the AFL does get up and running it would be nice if no supporters went to the first week of games (what's 1 more week after 3-6 months of no footy!). It would send a nice message to the players that footy is there because of supporters, not the other way around.
by Spangas
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or parents could take some responsibility for their kids.

Probably only take a few thousand kids being fined for being out to make parents do their job.

Added bonus is extra money for healthcare services.

You know what it was like as a teenager when you were on holidays, which is basically what it would be, you'd be running amok like the rest of us.

If parents took responsibility for their kids the Cavan Youth Centre wouldn't be the Cavan Youth Centre.
Those kids whose parent's don't 'take responsibility' for them are most likely better off being out of the house (but that's a whole other topic).
by Spangas
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Due to the obvious we're not getting our buffet lunch this Friday at work, they've set up a google doc for us to put our choice of roll/baguette that we'd like so they can be marked individually and distributed out.

Still some of the women complain, I interrupted them and said "You do realise you're complaining about getting something for nothing?"

It's not the point apparently.
******* entitled.
by Spangas
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |