Search found 118 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

My 13 year old daughter appeared on this mornings episode of "Totally Wild" for her cricket achievements.
Her segment starts at the 6 minute mark.

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-eleven/totally-wild
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

Some people are embarassing themselves by highlighting how little they know of the case and how little they know of mental illness. The judge in this case has more experience, education and knowledge. If they come up with a different opinion to you, then I strongly suggest getting more information before disagreeing.

Not all judges get it right, but they do far better than the average forum junkie.
by Grahaml
Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Love how people think they know more than the judge and professionals who would have worked this case for a year
by bennymacca
Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

A guy pumping up his tyres at a local BP. Drove in at a weird angle. Checked his front tyres.
Then reversed out and reversed back in to do the rear tyres......seriously the hose is long enough to get around your car dickhead....
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

The missus is a complete wrecking ball.

She walks over to me one night and I had a glass of red near my foot, I reach down to protect it and she rips into me saying "Do you think I'm stupid or something? I could see it"
She sits down with me for like two minutes and then gets up in a hurry and then accidentally kicks it all the way across to the other side of the lounge room, the silence was deafening.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CRICKET AUSTRALIA REVIEW

The last 2 years or so we stepped over the line in relation to the spirit of cricket.
Warner has contributed to this greatly.
Can anyone see that previous captains,Waugh, Ponting, Taylor,Chappell (both)
Would've taken him aside and told him to pull his head in.

Smith isn't a big enough character to do this.
CA however should've stepped in on his behalf so heads should roll.

We should continue to play hard no compromising cricket, but have a firm grasp of the spirit of cricket.
Abuse is not sledging its just plain abuse.
Sledging is an art form that should only practised by people with at least half a brain. Davey hasn't qualified!
Questioning batting techniques and courage are acceptable.
Telling a bowler he's slower than his mum or questioning his field placements are also acceptable.
Giving Ol butter fingers second slip a clip, or calling a fielder custard arm are also allowed.

As for trying to get bans lifted, that's a joke.
These blokes are lucky to be able to represent Australia again....well one will.
by tigerpie
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Their bans were light on if you ask me.
Any form of cheating is not acceptable.
They are lucky to only get what they did.
by amber_fluid
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You Tube Classic Cricket Moments

Bum Crack wrote:Not cricket highlights as such, but Kerry O'Keefe's frog joke whilst calling a one dayer on You Tube is still an absolute pisser.

by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Warner article

The Betootaadvocate weighing in on the current Dave Warner story https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181029/e04d09dcbf1a7cf2580c367fe86263c4.jpg https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181029/0e94b32d894c992656d20e2aba61b2f6.jpg https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181029/5f84023ef940306d6cc543620e4c73c3.jpg
by The Dark Knight
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Footy Chicks ability as a salesperson... Only wanted travel insurance and finished up with premium road side assistants aswell. :lol:

What will they be helping you with?
by Booney
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Skin fold tests hold more weight than ability.

Bullsh!t, 20 years ago maybe but not now. In some cases (very much the minority) higher than normal skinfolds (60-80 sum 7) can help you get drafted as an AFL club knows that there is an easy development opportunity there to get you better - get ready to run young fella....

In that context though you would need to have elite skills, decision making or the ability to play KPP though for the club to over look a bit of "conditioning"

Ability/Skills (in the context of being able to play in a variety of positions) and character are very much the metrics AFL clubs will draft you by with speed and aerobic power in the mix too.

I think you've missed a great opportunity to appreciate my pun.
by Q.
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Management who earn ridiculous amounts that handball well more like hot potatoe style fling queries around......i

by HH3
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

My old man coached us at school footy, he picked a kid to be captain for the day and they walk into the middle to toss the coin.

Dad says to junior "When they toss the coin you say nice and clear "heads or tails", ok?"

"Yep"

Toss the coin he yells "HEADS OR TAILS!"

:lol:

Grade 6, notice board said "Footy try outs, Lunch time Thursday"

We head out and and meet Mr Sands near the goals where he briefs us shortly and then says "Just form a line, I'll put it out in front and just take it on the chest".

We line up, John "Fish Lips" Vizard goes straight to the front of the line and I said "Hey Fish, you might wanna let someone else go first"
"No way, I was here first" He replied.

Sandsy kicked the ball out in front and sure enough Fish Lips arched his back, pushed his chest out and let the ball rebound off his chest, it was pure gold and I see it like it happened yesterday still.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Perth Scorchers made 79 all out last night with Mitchell Marsh making 5 batting at #3 and Shaun Marsh a duck.

Might not be enough runs for Shaun to get back but surely Mitchell will be a late inclusion for the out of form Khawaja in Friday's Test.
by rd
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

It's almost like the people who grizzled about the BBL being the death of the summer of cricket (and perhaps cricket itself) were right. I'm glad I didn't.*

*I did.
by Booney
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Married at first sight

If we ever needed proof that the BBL has lost its shine, its this thread ^
by Dutchy
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr and Mrs Boon celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary today. Love her to bits.
by Booney
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Ahh, yeah.

Nong, lying about her age.

And gender.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One minute the virgin is getting himself acquainting with a vagina for the first time in his life, the next minute he's having to pick a safe word to get him out of a gimp mask at an orgy.

"Hey, Matt, blink if you're confused"
by Booney
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Spargo wrote:Mark Waugh just can’t hide his dislike of Wade & Maxwell.

What a choice of commentary tonight

Mark Howard or Andy Maher
by Armchair expert
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:Wouldn't surprise me.

Its all a load of bullshit anyway.

I know, I love it. :D
by Booney
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dan and lips (haha) were on the Today Show this morning and they are certainly together still

Dans going to jail for fraud.

At least he fits into her family well :lol:

Every time he says something, I always add "told em you're on bail yet?"

People in the room laughed the first time....its probably coming up to 200 times now and its not received as well as it once was.

Also, last night notice him say he and his wife separated two years ago?

HH3 - "THATS COZ YOU HAD TO CLAIM BANKRUPTCY, YOU DUMB C**T!"

Mrs HH3 - "Sit down, idiot."
by HH3
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity name drop

I was on the street outside NBC studies in NYC about six years ago, stopped at a hotdog cart, the guy ordering in front of us was none other than Adam Richman from Man v Food. Had a great yarn while waiting for the chili and onions and he chucked some great places to eat in NYC in my phone for the six days we had left. Couldn't have been a nicer guy.
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/73771_10151396925968996_1057958289_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=f6f494d3f63ba4e3bd23ab2ee9f5e76d&oe=5D0429BE
by Pag
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Talent Flogs

Andrew Maher
by GWW
Fri May 03, 2019 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The West Coast Eagles Football Club.
My eldest daughter won a competition last week to be “mascot of the week”. She got to go down into the rooms pregame, was given a guernsey, shorts & socks to wear (and keep). She led the team out onto Adelaide Oval (forgot to wait for them & charged through the banner on her own :lol: )
One of the players (unidentified) tore a piece of the banner off & gave it to her as a memento. The runner then took her to the goals to have a few kicks, she dropped the piece of banner without knowing it. When she was running off a West Coast official gave it back to her. A trainer had seen her drop it & gave it to him.
Special mention to Luke Schuey & Shannon Hearn for taking the time to say hello to an 8 year old girl they didn’t know & didn’t have to talk to. The photo of the three of them in the race is awesome & will be blown up & framed for sure.
by Spargo
Tue May 28, 2019 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL round 10 - #freekicksydney

I reckon Gaz is shitty about the Israel Falou thing tbh. He liked that post, took it down and is copping boos because of his religious beliefs. I get the feeling he doesn't see the funny side.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue May 28, 2019 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F-wits that think they're invisible or have immunity to common sense because they have a phone in their hand, it's a bloody epidemic, I walk into them on purpose, even better with a shopping trolley.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Bang!
Good work Juddy.
Gary Lyon of all people should just keep quiet.

Oh is he still banging his best mates missus?
by amber_fluid
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Worst part was going back to school and hearing everyones amazing work experience stories.

Get f**ked.
by HH3
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stupid young adults.
by Booney
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Isaac Pepe cleared by United to Mallala on the June 30 deadline. Wouldn't clear him pre-season, has played snr colts and A grade since for the Tigers, what changed?

Understandably, United did all they possibly could to try and convince him to stay, but unfortunately for them it sounds as though he could not be persuaded. I think the lad was just desperate to play with some of his close mates.

Sounds like a similar situation a few years ago which Mallala made a bloke sit out for 2 years before he was able to join United. Good to see United took a better approach to the situation
by mighty hounds
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

From July 1, 2024 the 32.5 per cent tax rate will be lowered to 30 per cent. This means anyone earning between $45,000 and $200,000 will pay 30 per cent tax.

Why do people on $200,000 p.a need tax cuts? :shock:
by Booney
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I need to know.. why girls/women where pants higher than their belly button that practically sits under their boobs? I knew a special needs boy when i was a kid - that's how he wore his pants too.

There are a range of reasons:

1. Prevents the dreaded “muffin-top.”
2. Comfort of the band sitting at the waist rather than tight on the hips.
3. You don't have to Suck in Your Stomach, the high waisted jeans do the work for you, keeping everything in place.
4. Short chicks love them as they make your legs look longer.

How the hell did you know all that?

Dated a few too many fatties in my time.
by Trader
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The quietness from Port supporters this morning.
It’s deafening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by The Ash Man
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Ash Man wrote:The quietness from Port supporters this morning.
It’s deafening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great win by the Lions, I was very apprehensive to back us with any confidence, I'm contemplating getting a Lions guernsey.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round CI

heater31 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Umpiring disgracefully biased towards Port
Port fans at the ground think its against them...

They were booing after getting 12 frees in the first quarter
by Armchair expert
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barely Legal

What’d I miss?

Not much, except that you've been appointed captain of the SA Footy D Team!

It’s a proud moment and even better day given Carlton won and both Adelaide teams lost! ;)
I’m getting use to Monday mornings in the office now.

Crows supporters in my office get upset easy after a loss.

We've settled into the loss to loss pattern, that win / loss thing was doing my head in.
by Booney
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This little sausage.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
by HH3
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 20 - It's no joking matter

Didn't Brisbane play the two Grand Finalists from last season in the first few rounds this season, played some decent teams a couple of times, some tough road trips, they've answered every challenge, you guys hardly leave the CBD.

I'm not having a go at them, this is the way the system works and the AFL want teams to escalate the ladder quickly! Good on them!

See link https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/easiest-draw-to-hardest-pies-uphill-battle-for-another-gf

Bris are one of a few teams who play the top 4, 4 times throughout the season. My father in law barracks for them, so I'll be cheering them on in the finals. For me, if they come up against a WCE or Richmond away, I can't see them winning, but I said that with the Bulldogs a few years back too! And given Brisbane have been terrible for the past few years, it gives me hope! Brisbane will be "everyone's 2nd team" come finals and then when they they beat the more fancied opposition in the GF it will all be due to a couple of 50/50 umpiring decisions and that will all change...

[emoji16][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
by nuggety goodness
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As a kid growing up in Brooklyn Park we had a 1/2 acre block and Dad had pheasants, quails, chooks, ducks we even had a goat for a while.

Pretty much every Sunday from the early to late 80's Dad would neck a chook in the morning, string it up on the clothesline to bleed out and Mum would have it ready for dinner at 5pm. Dad would normally do a few quails as well, he'd munch on a couple for entree and my bother and myself would split one. We'd have duck when the ducklings got big enough, too.

We'd go out to Two Wells way with a few ferrets he had and trap rabbits. Some good memories of all of this, most notably the finished roasted product!
by Booney
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Tom Wilkinson has quit the club in a bid to be on TV I'm hearing.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals 2019 - Week 1

I said it in an earlier post. The fact the GWS gets a home final and Geelong doesn't is poor form... It's like when we had to go to ANZ, thank **** that contract is over
by woodublieve12
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane v GWS

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:Coniglio in, Greene out?

I'm pretty sure Coniglio is already ruled out.

As for Greene, is he the dumbest footballer getting around? Does anyone know how many games he's accumulated?

Also has the most punchable looking face in the AFL
by LMA
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane v Richmond

Bullshit reversal after Grimes dive. Umps started like Geelong,

Regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where's the GF?

We would not ask, expect or even contemplate having a home game for a GF, for any grade or under any circumstance.

But we are looking forward to welcoming, Hope Valley, Pulteney, Para Hills, Hectorville and any neutrals to what we feel is the best local footy venue north of the CBD. The upgrades over the last 12 months means all four clubs will have their own changeroom for the day as well as a beautiful deck to run around on, while the supporters will be able to park cars all around the ground and have bars and BBQs on both sides of the oval, as well as the verandah and the grandstand for some shade/protection.

Being that it is an event with an entry fee, like every other venue there will be security on the gates on the way in, as well as roaming the perimeter fencing. All that we ask is that visitors respect our club's liquor license and leave the grog at home. Any that is confiscated will be available to pick up upon exiting the venue.
How much to get in these days?
Believe the league have set the prices at $15/adult and $5/concession for all senior GFs. Still much lighter than going to country footy for a season and helps keep call fees down for clubs next year.
by Pag
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't secure a spot in the Adelaide midfield, goes and asks for $700k per year.

by Booney
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS

I can say this is the least interested I've been in a GF ever. I do like the GWS song though, Borat like! Wish we had come up with something like it for our AFL team.
by LMA
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:Jack Steven wants to get to Geelong. And Geelong wants to get the St Kilda star. The Cats have met with Steven and are confident they can get a deal done.

Good goal kicking midfielder to replace Kelly. I like it. 2020 Premiership???

And he's nearly 30, perfect.
by Booney
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:I heard Jarrod Schofield is in the mix.
Anyone know?

He's (yours and mine) our next coach.

Would he wait another 12 months to see what happens with Ken IF the crows offer him the job now?

Especially now he could be a playing coach.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |