Search found more than 2918 matches

Return

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Trial games do mean very little, but there are signs to look for - and enough to know that FlagRoys will be bloody tough to beat in D6.

Woody Sth i'd expect will play finals in D5.

... and if in doubt.. just remember...

I'm not often wrong. 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:FlagDogs announcing the big signings..... Ari Rigney

#bark2bark

It’s FlagRoys get it right.

Everyone still chasing Eastern Prems.
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No one cares about soccer. Wake up to yourself. :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Considering Elizabeth haven't even contacted the league to explain its situation I highly doubt this is true, But you keep talking and we will see.
Hmm nah I think she’s probably closer to the mark than you think.

League may not have spoken directly to Elizabeth - or the club contacted them - but would be naive to think they aren’t aware of the situation or making plans and contingencies based off what is potentially going to happen.

The challenge for Lizbeff at the moment is being transparent and upfront with the league and working with them.. if you don’t, and it goes south, you’ll be on your own.
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inability to field two sides should come with the consequence of guaranteed relegation end of the season.

What annoyed me is that these clubs rejected discussions for regrading.. **** them, if they can’t field two sides and it’s in the best interests of the comp to move them, then do it!

D5R is going to shit with two byes for teams.. D6R we going to have games where both our B and C grade don’t play. **** me.
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boot em.. move em… sink em.

Their own arrogance and ego is their downfall.. we have been open about moving up to accomodate but they won’t budge so **** then let them die.

Don’t ask the delegates each year to vote on crap, then remove their voice when it matters most:

**** everyone
Few too many drinks last night.. bit harsh - not even sure what I was talking about :oops: :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fools Gold wrote:League now restructuring C competitions a week before season start?

C5, C6, C7 and C8 to be re-structured into 3x 10 team divs I heard.
by The Bedge
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

Great post Sharksta!

I couldn't imagine growing up in a time when things like racism was rife and same sex relationships taboo.

Everyone should be free to be who they want to be, and do what they want to do.
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PLAY HQ

Prob from putting in EPs score
by The Bedge
Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Interesting though as well and not saying it means a whole lot but the physique on the modern day player is generally much much better, i guess that compares with it being a full time profession.

Even Cripps at 195cm, Bontempelli 193cm, Fyfe 192cm is just incredible. Harley Reid is the same height as Dunstall and with a few more pre seasons will end up heavier :lol:
Well kids are in the gym from a young age these days - strength programs start early, and given it's a career at pro level they train every day.. not a tradie who plays footy on the weekend, it's not really surprising.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:Are you saying, that is it for Elizabeth?

Nah, I'm saying no other team will kick 55 goals against them.
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

Best part of the mid 90s was the lack of structures - it really was 1v1 footy and the team with the best 21 players won.

No zones or presses, no 6-6-6, key forwards vs key backs, quality ball hunters pig-feasting out with big numbers, not everyone was same size, fast + direct ball movement.
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:whilst lower grades seems to be trying to build a loyal army. .

Does that ever happen though. Never seems to have much more than a 1-2 year life span.

Yeah, I think it does - loyal to mates, not to the club. One bloke goes, the rest follow.
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

It's tough though, because what are you expected to do? Can't turn blokes away, need to recruit to be competitive.. it's all good when you're winning.. and you hope you can make them love the place enough they'd want to stay.

It's exciting as a club too when you start seeing an influx of players coming and momentum building.
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 1

TTG v Pt District
Golden Grove v St Peters OC
SHOC v PNU
Glenunga v Broadview
PAOC v Brighton

Interesting round of matches, the torch will be put firmly on Golden Grove and Broadview following disappointing results in the opening round. Broadview who were heavily tipped before the season to be there when the whips are cracking will certainly be chomping at the bit to bounce back.

Similarly with Golden Grove, many anticipated would be a finals contender also in their first year in the big leagues.

Gullies might be in for a tough day at the office against the rampant Districts outfit
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

LK would surely be a worse cricketer than footballer.. and that’s saying something 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I assumed that promotion/relegation was the way to avoid the big margins we've seen so far this year. Is it usually this bad & I've just missed it from previous years.
I think this year is the worst it's been in a long time. Generally D7 has a very lopsided division, but the rest are usually quite even.

D6 often the bottom 2-3 sides are well off the pace of the top, and the gap to D7 is large.

Unfortunately, there are a number of reasons why it's occurring this year - and perhaps just a culmination of issues / culture / change finally reaching breaking point.

If Gaza hadn't gone through what they have the last 12 months, they wouldn't be getting these results.
If Elizabeth didn't have 80% of a club walk out in the last 18 months, they wouldn't be getting these results.
If Portland didn't lose their B grade coach to Rosewater and he took a dozen, don't think they'd be getting these results.

I feel like as a competition we are about to see some significant change - the clubs that haven't put the work in over the past few years will drop off and we will end up with maybe 5-6 divisions of stronger clubs.. or rather committed clubs.

The other aspect aside from money, juniors etc is that people are just not as interested in playing anymore, or rather find it easier to have reasons to miss games or not play.
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, yesterday was a big day! Fair to say Ingle Farm weren’t prepared for just how big! Canteen slammed and was out of food real early, BBQ no different, chef doing meals up stairs was slammed and our fridges behind the bar are almost empty.

Shout out to Salisbury for three tough games yesterday, and for helping make yesterday happen. Respectful matches played hard but without incident, and a fair sized crowd who were well behaved enjoying the day for what it was, and extend that to Mitchell Park whose women played the twilight game after. Umpires were exceptionally good in the A grade, think that makes a fair difference.

Parking was almost impossible to come by.

Feel like I’ve been on a 3 day bender was so hectic yesterday.. left the club 11:30 last night - Eastern Park lads were still in their drinking our fridge dry :shock: :lol:

Looking forward to a weekend off.
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Average looking sling tackle 2nd quarter EP v Lutheran. Could be a holiday then the follow up by a different player of push on Lutheran water runner. Lutheran water runner definitely first to make contact so be interesting to see if league take any action. I'm sure if Lutheran bloke had concussion from tackle that they will send in a medical report like they usually do to make it seem worse. 31.20 mark on dartfish.
Not sure there is much in it (sling tackle), but geez old mate from EP (is that nugget?) clearly seeing if the player is ok and has one bloke get in his face then the water boy push him, could've got out of control if the player was and aggressive person.. rule #1 for a water boy, don't go touching oppo players.
by The Bedge
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |