Search found more than 2916 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

I'm getting a little carried away with the home schooling - i'm setting homework for our kids as well. :lol:

Our day is pretty structured though, even Ollie who is 3 joins in and loves it.

7:00am - get up, get dressed, breakfast, brush hair/teeth etc.
8:15am - go outside, play, the older ones do a bit of skill work for cricket/netball/football as well.
9:00am - lesson 1 : have been doing Maths the last couple days because they seem more focussed straight up.
10:00am - recess outside with their snacks
10:30am - lesson 2
11:30am - lesson 3
12:30pm - lunch outside
13:30pm - lesson 4 (usually online learning)
14:30pm - lesson 5 (lately it's been their colouring in)
15:30pm - school finishes, pack up, go outside and play.
16:30pm - chores including packing/preparing lunch for next day like usual.

Then I give them a list of "homework" tasks based off areas they struggled during the day.

For PE I've been running structured training sessions I would for Blast Cricket or AUSKICK etc.. but also discovered a netball site that streams training sessions for those at home aimed for younger kids so have included that as well - set the TV up outside and streamed it and got them to follow along.
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Sorry to hear Booney, may the old man rest easy now. :(
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Seeing people on FB who are on Centrelink payments now handing out financial advise to people. :lol:

Guess that boost of income made them instant financial advisors haha!
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's my only gripe, they aren't being disadvantaged.

I'm actually using this time to be smarter with my money and not take things for granted, I haven't been disadvantaged, I haven't stockpiled, I did buy an extra slab on two different visits to put away just incase the bottle shops close for any length of time but as a whole I'm trying to distinguish how much money I actually used to waste each month.

I like a beer, I like a punt and I love going to the pub, it's going to be interesting to see the difference now as whenever I had a win I'd take the missus out for dinner, go to the shop the next day to buy her a dress or some perfume, some shit for the house and a couple of things for myself, I can't do any of them anymore.
This 100%

I've found I've been far more stringent with my finances, and get ahead more on utilities etc.. feel like i'm under enormous stress to make sure that
a) I can keep functioning, keep my job and maintain for my family
b) if I lose my income that i'm not in a position of despair and up shit creek
c) prepared for the no doubt monster electricity bill that'll come from everyone being home full time.

So many long term dole bludgers though think Christmas has come early - can buy their booze or their yarndi or some video game and waste the days away doing sweet FA.. and in a few weeks time they'll still be in the same position, not disadvantaged in any capacity - if fact still getting paid more than usual.. still handing out financial advise, laughing at the rest of us, posting rubbish crap on social media, claiming everyone is over reacting blah blah ******* blah.

Anyone whose been on "job seeker" for 9 months + or are students on ABStudy/AUStudy DO NOT DESERVE AN INCREASE IN INCOME!

**** em all.
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

LaughingKookaburra wrote:That’s fantastic news Col.

Please don't give away peoples identity :P
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Do you like Vegetarian food?"

Col'n" "aww yeah, goes really well with steak!"
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Isn’t it somewhat weird that we get people posting daily death tolls on here yet we haven’t seen any one one comment on the 400,000 deaths yearly to Malaria. People compassion comes from a selfish point of view, if they feel threatened or scared it could happen to them all a sudden compassion rises. Once covid 19 is over I can guarantee we won’t seen people keeping count and posting their compassion for all those that die from the common flu around the world
With all due respect, I feel like we are a bit naïve and ignorant here in Australia - especially in SA - to just how serious this potentially could be (or could have been), because we haven't actually experienced it in its extremities.

We have (so far) dodged a bullet on impact, but you only need to see places like the US, Italy, Spain, France etc and see the devastating effect it's had.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

There are a lot of good people around Westies - and unfortunately like most places, a lot of not so good.

I’d like to see them invest their energy into the juniors and build up their kids numbers before looking at senior footy again.

Personally I think they shot themselves in the foot when they attempted to re-affiliate by appointing Matty Leigh as their coach, especially after his recent seasons - it was just a case of “same old same old” from the outside, they really needed to find a coach who had no ties to the club, didn’t come from the area and had a good record of coaching. Someone the league could have faith would make the necessary moves to drive a change in culture.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

It won't be completely normal, but if there's <10 active cases in the state I suspect they'll have a hard time justifying continuing restrictions to the present extent.
At some point we will need to bite the bullet and lift some restrictions - if we continue with <10 cases per day, that could continue for god knows how long.. we cant live forever waiting for that number to become zero.

Aren't the temporary/backup hospitals online now? We must surely be almost at a point where we can somewhat cop with a bit more activity?
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are sending ours back, rightly or wrongly. 5 weeks at home, they're getting restless and sick of being couped up for starters, but it's hard for me to focus on my work and also give them the time and attention they need to do their work - not to mention they struggle with staying focussed for periods of time.

Also the eldest is in year 12, and whilst I push her, she is reaching a "lazy" stage and really needs behave her school routine to help get her on track and keep her somewhat active.

If things change and we look like being in the position we were a few weeks ago, then we will return them to home schooling, but at the moment going back is best for everyone.
by The Bedge
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

'Nats what I reckon' cooking episodes on FB.. so bloody good
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

'Nats what I reckon' cooking episodes on FB.. so bloody good
He was on the Today show last weekend, funny bloke.
Genuinely good.. i'd watch this on tv :lol:

He speaka my language :lol:

Just watched risotto one "To all those people who are like ******* tie your hair back, it's gonna end up in your food - you're not eating this so go **** yourself" :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

If the season goes ahead and continues without crowds I would love to see clubs playing at their traditional home grounds - Princes Park, Victoria Park, Alberton, Waverley, Magistrates Court etc. etc.

Would never happen but geez I reckon it would be pretty good.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Would be rough if he was given the arse after an interrupted season like this I would think.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think they would want to get through more than one round per week though.
If they're scheduling sides playing every 5 days, they'd be playing a little over a round a week and would take a club around 15wks to play their 22 matches - that would take the season to around mid-Sept if they started in June.

Squeeze little tighter perhaps and get that time frame down to 12wks, but I also think the AFL will be frothing at the thought of dominating TV for 3 months with footy every night, and also need to be careful not to burn out the players.

They may perhaps revise the draw and everyone play each other once? That's 17 games then.
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He certainly goes in hard*.

No point making too much of a fuss, I can say what I want to him but ultimately he can still vote and breed so I'm not really making much of a difference.
Now you're assuming that he is heterosexual...
I'm shocked Booney had the audacity to assume his gender. :lol: 8)
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Footy Chick wrote:nope, that's not it

damn it's the first thing I thought of haha

"café bar"?

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0071-70 ... ee-machine
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So much hate flying around social media of late.. are people growing restless and weary from this lockdown stuff? Are we becoming more vengeful, racist and narcissistic the longer this goes on?

So sad, so many people who act entitled and like the world should adhere to their opinions and views.

Why cant everybody love everybody.. :(
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely we could follow a similar road map to NT?
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Almost feels like his bribing me to have my own freedom app ‘download the app or else I’ll keep you lockdown longer’.
He is, coz there are just too many **** wits in this country who think they know best or are just thick, and need to be told like a child.

I have concerns how far that power can be abused, what about if don’t even want my phone.

If I chose not to have a smart phone I shouldn’t not be allowed my freedom under any issue.

Also pretty annoyed my 85 year old grandad is potentially losing precious time because he doesn't have a smart phone and cant be a number whose downloading it.
I don't care how they want to abuse my information, I have nothing to hide.. I just wanna get back to normal.

Also shouldn't be annoyed about your 85 granddads spot - they're not asking for 100% uptake - be annoyed with the tinfoil hat people in their younger years who refuse to download it.. they're affecting the %s
by The Bedge
Fri May 01, 2020 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"I hear... "
"I've heard..."
"This is what I've been informed.."
"I believe..."
"My understanding..."

blah blah blah.. everyone wants to throw their two cents in and look like Nostradamus but truth is no one has any fricking idea WTF is gonna happen and when.. frankly i'm tired of reading updates/predictions about this whole virus in general, it's depressing.
by The Bedge
Tue May 05, 2020 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel for Laidley, it cant be as black and white as just taking some drugs and going loopy.. talking about a guy who spent the majority of his life in a male dominated, masculine industry who apparently enjoyed dressing up as a chick and probably questioned his sexuality most his life - perhaps supressed his feelings/desires.. that alone would've been hard living a secret.

Throw in he is married with kids it gets more complicated, and then obviously drugs on top well that's the final straw.

Mentally no one knows what he was going through, clearly he was/is in a dark place though.

Easy to say don't do drugs, or he should've stopped but we aren't in his shoes and there is a reason they're classed as addictive.
by The Bedge
Tue May 05, 2020 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When I was 18 I did the "Miss Eels" contest at our league club - first time i'd been involved or heard of it, didn't know how it worked so went to my mates place before hand and his sister lent me her clothes and did my hair and make up.. walked to the club in high heels. :lol:

Make matters worse, later that night (long story short) got arrested, went to the police station and got photos with my makeup still on.. then got released around 2am and had to walk home from Elizabeth to Evanston Gardens in a mini skirt and jumper.. and got chased by a dog half way home. :oops: :lol:

For the record, I looked hot as ****.
by The Bedge
Tue May 05, 2020 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:I've gone through some shit in my time and have never resorted to drugs to make myself feel better

But not everyone is you, and everyone is different.. the beauty of the human race isn't it.. ;)
by The Bedge
Tue May 05, 2020 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting, ScoMo is encouraging the NRL to introduce a no flu vaccine no play rule when the league opens up.

Definitely going to divide opinion, whilst I have had the shot and all my kids are vaccinated not sure I’m comfortable with the government getting to subtly force us to have liquids put in our body to be a normal part of society. I’m not strongly opinionated about it either way but more a ‘watch that space’ to see how far it goes

You can’t help but feel the government is going to use outcomes from the covid scenario to push some agendas whether their right or not.
I can see where he's coming from - as a sport they're taking the opportunity to resume before everyone else, anyone who gets sick or comes down sick is going to be scrutinised so heavily and will be questioned if its CV.. and then no doubt panic mode will follow.
by The Bedge
Wed May 06, 2020 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Well you are going against the Community Football Policy by training, its very clear that no organised training can commence until 31/5/20

I'm going off the information provided from the CEO of the AdFL based off advice received from SAPOL.

That'll do for me.
by The Bedge
Thu May 07, 2020 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pseudo wrote:Daffyd?

Dead ringer :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu May 07, 2020 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe Dutchy is awaiting a personalised letter from the Premier to the Flaggys footy club. :P
by The Bedge
Thu May 07, 2020 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just something about the way ScoMo talks that irritates me.. like i'm a 5yo kid.
by The Bedge
Fri May 08, 2020 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The people on Facebook who are spruiking the "PLANdemic" stuff... and part of their reasoning..

"Well is it just a coincidence that this has happened in so many countries all of a sudden at the same time?!"

Hmm.. pretty sure that's literally the exact definition of a 'pandemic'.. that's why they call it a 'pandemic' :lol: :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri May 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Gibson is a good get.
by The Bedge
Fri May 08, 2020 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

This weekends recipe is a part of a 3-2-1 system :

3 hours - Set smoker to 225 F degrees. Brush a glaze over the ribs, on both sides. Sprinkle generously with rub, then smoke for 3 hours.

2 hours - Transfer ribs to aluminum foil sheets, season with sugar, fold foil up on the sides and top with another sheet of foil, wrap together to seal the top and bottom sheets, leaving one end open. Pour in some liquid (apple cider, bourbon, etc), then seal completely and return to smoker for another 2 hours.

1 hour - Remove ribs from foil and place back in smoker and brush with bbq sauce. Smoke for 1 hour, cranking up the temperature the last 15 minutes or so to get stickier ribs.
faaaaaaaark that sounds amazeballs!!
by The Bedge
Mon May 11, 2020 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apachebulldog wrote:the age free speech and debate is over.

Actually I find this is one of the biggest problems in the world at the moment - social media/networking/applications has given everyone an opportunity/platform to voice their opinions and propaganda and think that everyone should listen.
by The Bedge
Mon May 11, 2020 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Might want to check that again, champ...

:lol: ooooh he did
by The Bedge
Mon May 11, 2020 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coming into this thread lately, I feel like one of those people on FB... "I only came here for the comments" :lol: :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon May 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I still think by the time any season starts, it'll be almost business as usual - sure there will be some measures/precautions in place i.e spacing spectators, limiting numbers in the club etc, but canteens, BBQs, club events etc will still happen I think.

Beers in the changerooms - whose gonna police that anyway?

Personally compromised season or not, I want to get back out and involved. I've been stuck home for the best part of 6 weeks now.. i'm bored.. i'm lonely.. i'm losing motivation for things. I miss seeing my players every week, having chats, talking during the week to mates at other clubs, watching the dartfish replays, talking smack on safooty, catching up with mates on weekends at other clubs, enjoying the BBQ and a few beers and most of all a couple of hours peace away from the mrs and kids :D

I think the discussion around risk of clubs folding etc is probably a bit over the top.. and yeah fees wont be a priority, but i'd be surprised if clubs were charging full tote on their fees still.

Haven't councils frozen costs for clubs during the winter? No clubs would have current expenses would they? They're not currently losing money and if they don't pay players then that's an expense they wont have to worry about either. It's effectively just a longer pre-season this year.

As for the point of leg up on the competition by pushing boundaries - turn it up.. nothing stopping anyone form going for a run or partnering with a mate for a kick.. it's no different to doing extra work in summer, or a club dumb enough to start pre-season in November each year.. we aren't playing AFL FFS.
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have a bit of experience in administrating clubs.. so I have a bit of an idea.

Granted I don't know a lot about country footy, but I know enough to know there are multiple games as well as netball operating on a day - and I know people in better positions than me would be well aware of what requirements are needed for country leagues/clubs to go ahead, survive and what they rely on.

I think too many are looking at the now.. stop staring at your feet and look into the distance.. look to 7-8 weeks down the track, what does the situation look like.

Restrictions will continue to ease off over the next couple of months. If we continue to perform well on the CV side of things, we wont have the same level of restrictions in two weeks time, and two weeks after that.. by the time July rolls around it's hard not to see life as basically normal.

Measures in place today aren't the hard and fast rule forever.

Although, not sure why i'm entertaining chat about country footy when this thread relates to the AdFL. ;)
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The meh/not good/not bad movies

The Dark Knight wrote:I got the hint there would be after the way the third one ended, my question is how much more ridiculous can the action get?! Haha.

Just watch the fast and the furious franchise movies, what are they up to? 9? Haha and more and more ridiculous each movie.
by The Bedge
Wed May 13, 2020 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

MW wrote:No acknowledgement from the AFL on any social channel for the 150th yesterday apparently. Poor form

Prob too busy celebrating the 8 month anniversary of the Richmond premiership.
by The Bedge
Wed May 13, 2020 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Half the trainers I've seen over the years do FA anyway :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where's everyone going to train? On the oval, split into thirds, 10 + coach in each third. Spread the nights (assume this already occurs).
Something as simple as disinfecting change rooms on game day....5 times two rooms (Assuming you'll be able to use them)
will be pretty onerous. Then again after Sunday games.

Players on contracts will still need paying. Assuming payments are still allowed, otherwise i'd imagine contracts will become void.
Where's the money coming from with no gate or bar? show me where is says no gate and then show me where it says no bar
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where's the money coming from with no gate or bar?
Feel like this is a constant round about.. going absolutely no where.. FAAAARRRKK!!!

I swear half you na-sayers don't actually READ A DAMN THING! Show me where it says ANYWHERE that competitions will commence without a gate (for country comps) or bar facilities...

Defeatists
Glass half empty operators
Pessimists
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out of curiosity, is anyone aware of any clubs who have indicated they wont play this year if it goes ahead?

I'd be interesting to know how PNU, TTG and GG are feeling - they're three pretty big clubs, they'd feel the strain as much if not more than anyone.
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Gonna give this a whirl tomorrow MT79!

Thanks! I think I love you! :X
by The Bedge
Wed May 13, 2020 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Imagine being Bill Gates right now.

You spend 30 years of your life and $50 billion of your own dollars supporting humanitarian causes. You directly save hundreds of thousands of lives in South East Asia by providing anti malaria netting to half of a continent, you drop infant mortality rates throughout the entire developing world by funding vaccine programs including vaccinating 40,000,000 children for polio, and, amongst a plethora of philanthropic endeavors, you fund free educational platforms like Khan Academy so people can have free access to high quality education.

Then after donating half of your wealth to charity and pledging 90% of the remainder to charity in your will..

Arguably doing more to better life on earth for humanity than any other human being to ever live.

You then hop on the internet only to find a million scientifically illiterate ******* imbeciles that are using the very computers you pretty much invented in the first place to call you a child murdering arch villian antichrist because they watched a YouTube video made by some other yokel with the comprehension of a ******* potato.
by The Bedge
Thu May 14, 2020 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:This pretty much sums it up.

This is the kind of shit that does my head in and continues to fuel hatrid across social media platforms.. are you one of those "Aussie Pride, **** China, share if you agree?" kind of operators as well?
by The Bedge
Thu May 14, 2020 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I found it interesting there was a D6 club keen to maintain the $3k limit. :shock:
by The Bedge
Thu May 14, 2020 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Luv u days :D
by The Bedge
Thu May 14, 2020 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Start date announcement at 12:15 today
Third start date announcement in a month. :lol:

12:17pm today "Thanks for joining us, we aren't going to rush a decision on the commencement of the season, and will look to make an announcement by Friday, 22 May - please tune in then to give us more air time and coverage.. me me me time." :P
by The Bedge
Fri May 15, 2020 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

whufc wrote:4.2 in Burra

I went for a run.. sorry about that.
by The Bedge
Fri May 15, 2020 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |