Search found more than 2905 matches

Return

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Barry wrote:Nick Lynch back to Ingle Farm, confirmed.

EFA
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BigBash05 Fantasy Competition

Hondo wrote:Are you "State Under 8s"?

That would be me.. come on whats more intimidating than seeing you're playing the "state under 8's"? 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:what ........and not see me?? I'm hurt!!!!!

Who are you?

your nightmare!! lol :D

A fat chick in fishnet stockings and stiletto's?
by The Bedge
Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

carey wrote:
Harry49 wrote:Looking forward to getting our first win this week.....

Haven't you played Enfield yet? Lol

W@nker :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okay.. I'll use Ingle Farm as my example to reply to your suggestions.

The IFFC is part of a sporting club made up of various sports - darts, netball, basketball, cricket, junior football, 8-ball, golf, fishing - the sporting club overseas all programs and facility management is maintained and upgraded by the sporting club out of a separate set of funds - not impacted in anyway by how much money each member program may have in their account.. so save our money and it just sits in the bank for a rainy day.

In terms of developing a junior program, Ingle Farm have a reasonable junior structure which is growing - also it is run separate to Senior footy with a separate bank account and budgets. Our junior football is extremely good and building up funds, which in return they pump straight back into junior football and the kids through equipment, merchandise, end of season presentations, xmas shows etc. etc. Once again, any money raised or earned by the senior football does not impact junior football and what they're doing.

We have a group of private sponsors who are apart of the "Farmers Forever" group - they pay $10 a week which goes directly to senior football to utilise how we see fit, we also have a large number of sponsors who help us to field our 3x senior teams + women's team each season. From these funds we set our footy budget and make sure our bills are covered, balls are bought, jumpers etc are sorted.. the remainder of the money is ours to use as we choose.

We don't need to offer $$ to attract players, but it's definitely a handy position to be in SHOULD WE NEED TO - as it is, all our funds are pumped back into our junior footballers coming through to seniors to make the transition easier and encourage them to stay.

We are a not for profit organisation, there is no value in us building up a war chest of money to sit in the bank, we spend what we need, keep some reserves and the rest is there to be spent.
by The Bedge
Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll also add that over past decade or whatever, we have upgraded our facilities:
*The balcony
*The carpark
*Wheelchair access to the club and change rooms
*Kitchen upgrade
*Cricket square
*Change rooms (visitor and home)
by The Bedge
Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Zartan, that is a good insight on how IFC is operating. My comments and opinion is based purely on the fact that I believe not 1 senior football player really needs to be given a financial incentive to play div 6 football.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm over the discussion.
by The Bedge
Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:
stan wrote:6/156 at stumps.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

We take day 1 honors, but how big of a lead can we muster?

Jumping the gun there pal.

I agree.. I have some concerns over us being able to knock off the remaining 24 runs lol
by The Bedge
Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

whufc wrote:Still reckon the best viewing and batting ground in the comp is at Eastern Park........a pity about everything else

Cant say I've ever had an enjoyable days cricket at Eastern Park :lol:

Hi Tuckwell :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Zartan wrote:Any sides begun looking at scheduling trial games yet?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Not sure what's so humorous, since trial games generally take place around March, make sense to start looking at rough dates and trials now.
by The Bedge
Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was gonna reply.. decided not worth the energy.. going in the too hard basket lol
by The Bedge
Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:People on here are just way too serious. You all need to lighten up and not get on the defensive when someone says something you disagree with.

Bit like you when there is discussion around players getting paid in D6 ;) :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Zartan wrote:Jimmy McCarthy cleared to Ingle Farm..

WTF does that have to do with C&CCA????

Haha whoops meant to write FROM Ingle Farm... To Enfield :D
by The Bedge
Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Keswick won both their SAMCA T20 games vs Enfield United and Port Noarlunga to progress to the final.
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Harbhajan Singh back in the Indian squad

Isn't he banned for match fixing these days?

Apparently Harbhajan and Symonds are on much better terms since they were teammates in the IPL....
Yeah I think so. I just liked him because he showed a bit of c**t when he came over the first time - in a time when the Aussies were dominant and everyone looked timid in their presence blokes like him and that bloke from SA (Nell?) weren't afraid to get in their faces.
by The Bedge
Thu May 21, 2015 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Had a ball.

What kind of ball? Did Santa bring it to you? What do you mean 'had' - did you lose it? Was it stolen?
by The Bedge
Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v Windies - Test series

Just means Hobart will miss out.....Adelaide will still get a Test Match.
Still no good for cricket advertisement and development in Tassie then.. and I would be filthy if the SCG got the D/N test over Adelaide - Sydney and Melbourne already get the cream of the fixtures including the ODI and T20 stuff
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

carey wrote:Ludeman out thank F**k.

I think his cost us the game.

30 off 37 still isn't that bad.. Would've liked bit better strike rate, but at lest him and Jayawardene have done their job opening - much better side without Simmons
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:Well your Captain has already come out and said that 2016 is "Year of the Doggie!!!!"

I reckon if I went back over old threads, you would've said this every season for the past 3 :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of Bangladesh

Disappointing indeed, but obviously safety is the biggest priority - and at 19's level I'm sure there would've been some concerned parents about sending their lads if there are warnings advising against it.
by The Bedge
Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B4E =
is this b4e.png
by The Bedge
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mawson Lakes weren't as bad as results suggest last year, they were very competitive and did knock off a fair few sides in the 2nd half of the year.

Depth was woeful though, that is the biggest test for them to try and build that depth and/or keep their best side on the paddock for most of the season.

Not sure if they're a genuine contender but they'll definitely be around the 5, and play an important part in who does make it.
by The Bedge
Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Soon find out how these lads go lol.. surely we can improve on last years results vs ATCA though :oops: :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Milly wrote:*giggling*

Well if that's the extend of the abuse and crap I'm going to cop about the side, then I must say I'm pretty happy - thought there would be a greater barrage..
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Very little interest in the CCCA forum these days

No carey, no CCCA
by The Bedge
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

he asked for 200 dollars a game from pooraka said he could get it in div 6 and wanted to train 1 night a week Pooraka said thanks but no thanks then he went to ingle farm

paying players who only train 1 night a week is bad sends the wrong message
I cant comment on what he may have asked Pooraka for, but I can 110% guarantee you that isn't anywhere near the amount that discussed with Ingle Farm.

As for his lack of commitment - he plays D1 cricket for Pooraka and represents Australia in netball.. I don't see an issue with him maintaining those commitments until they finish - obviously neither did Para Hills the last couple of years.

I play/coach cricket, last year I didn't show up to football until trial games started, I had no issue getting the results I desired including forming strong bonds with my players.
by The Bedge
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couldn't help myself.. Got a buttered finger bun.. Sultanas and all lol
by The Bedge
Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

you got 3 players all on cash all left another club to go to another club for cash yep we are ment to believe its for the love of the sport play for free then and this wouldnt be a issue
To be fair, I was on the verge of having a few of these lads come play last year - but they decided to stick out at least one more year with the coach and see how they went.

If they didn't win the flag and finished 6th would anyone have said anything?

Also think you need to remember that none of these players approached us - we approached them, and any financial incentive they may or may not be getting has not come from what they want or have asked for. We have room in our budget to top up the A grade and fill some missing links, and that's what we have done.

I've known Creedy for a long time, I had no problems approaching him or any of our other recruits and encouraging them to have a chat.

Don't worry - we aren't done with our recruiting yet, you'll hopefully get plenty more to keep your minds occupied and this forum flowing..
by The Bedge
Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Milly wrote:Now anyone got a score from the rep game today?

Why? So you can ridicule and belittle the 12 blokes who battled hard all day for the association despite being out of their depth?
by The Bedge
Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wont seem like much, but was the highest score we had made in a while:

2016 - 137 v A&SCA (Yesterday)
2015 - 81 v ATCA
2014 - 98 v PDCA
2013 - 110 v A&SCA
2012 - 76 v ATCA
2011 - 53 v PDCA

Also had 2x lads make 30s and 2x lads make 16 & 17, which isn't much, but it's actually the most contributors with the bat we have had in a long time also.

2015 - highest score of 16, 2x made double figures (16,10)
2014 - highest score of 50, 2x made double figures (50,16)
2013 - highest score of 36, 3x made double figures (36, 29, 21)
2012 - highest score of 25, 3x made double figures (25, 11, 10)
2011 - highest score of 10, only person to make double figures

Might not seem very good to the majority, but it's some sort of positive.. and I thought there were a few lads who were very good - a few that were well out of their depth unfortunately - but I think if can add some more top tier players to that group for the carnival it should hold is in good sted.
by The Bedge
Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

PDCA looks to have stagnated and gone backwards to a degree in standard over the last few years.. to be honest I think the sooner C&CCA kicks the bucket as sad as it would be, the better for all cricket in general around the PDCA area - C&CCA don't have a large amount of teams, but at least would strengthen the middle grades of PDCA, and potentially begin making it more competitive than it is now.
by The Bedge
Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Silly season 2016

LOL Westies aren't stuffing around!
by The Bedge
Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:can Brahma Lodge stay under the Weekly Budget ?

Certainly can.. by not declaring payments and handing some brown bags under the table :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mankad?

Dogwatcher wrote:The Mankad is not the great offence in that story, Booney.

The mullet? :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Head attacks Ahmed and pops it straight up to mid-off

6/167

What a stupid shot!
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

52 pages long this thread already and we haven't reached the first trial game yet haha!
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A-Grade
Adelaide Lutheran A 9/277 (J.Borgas 59, Whyte 48, Phelan 41, F.Borgas 36, Edwards 2/37, Smith 2/61) versus NEK A.
Rose Park A 155 (Hill 59, Reidy 21, MacDonald 20, R.Mead 6/49, Bedgegood 2/20) versus Enfield A 0/0.

B-Grade
Adelaide Lutheran B 134 (Cirillo 22, A.Wilson 20, Balneaves 5/28, Raines 2/38) versus Magill-Morialta 1/30.
Seaton A 158 (Bet 36, Feist 31, Brame 21, Kirtland 20, Hughes 3/29, Wyman 2/19, Swansson 2/40) versus Enfield B 1/26.

C-Grade
Athelstone A 201 (O’Connor 89, Brand 55, Balding 3/30, Long 2/40, Domeika 2/56) versus NEK B 0/2.
N2LCC 201 (Bhatt 56, Jivani 29, Sharma 23, Saksena 21, Brown 3/44, Reynolds 2/17, Goodman 2/17, Flanigan 2/41) versus Enfield C 0/0.

D-Grade
Rose Park B 247 (Levett 67, Bills 54, Drowley 31*, Hogan 5/100, Clothier 2/20) versus Enfield D.
Adelaide Lutheran C 234 (Reichstein 77, Douros 50, Youlten 39, Hardy 3/40, Russo 3/30) versus Athelstone B.
by The Bedge
Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games 2016 - list confirmed trials here.

Footy Chick wrote:Go to the SFL thread and have a look ;)

If Hakcham don't field a B grade i'll claim that as my first win of the season :lol: 8)
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

BFG wrote: support the real footballers once I've showered and cracked my first froffy.

Come on mate, everyone knows they only created A grade footy so the ressies could have something to watch while they drink their beers 8)
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With the BOM forecast hovering at 39 currently.. wonder how many sides remembered about the reserve day Sunday, and more importantly wonder how many will be affected if they have to play Sunday..
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

the milky bar kid wrote:Brahma Lodge hit deny so many times it sent the system into meltdown ;) :lol:

Or just from the sheer number of clearances they've lodged.. :shock:

#BLFC #Premiers #2k16 #CantBeTouched
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cossi11 wrote:Exactly right, both sides would have been nowhere near full strength...

:-? hmm and you still won comfortably.. that's worrying signs for the rest of us ;)
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

You two are doing nothing to improve outsiders perceptions of Para Hills.. if anything you're embarrassing your club further..
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote: :lol: I never mentioned who ;)

Oh you mean which 3x outs they're better than.. :twisted:
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:entry via ashley street only, not the normal entrance, otherwise you're in for a loooong walk around the other side

Thanks.. walk isn't bad - god knows I need the exercise :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:you can try and scale the fence if you like, go your hardest 8)

Challenge accepted
by The Bedge
Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:haha, oops, I was in another system that requires capitals and forgot to change :oops:

Is that system called "woman mode" where you're required to yell at blokes all the time?
by The Bedge
Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Time to load up on Carlton for the 2016 AFL Premiership.

Let's not get too carried away pal :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coach Bombay wrote:Being a final next week I think cooper and ludeman may come back in

Surely not?

Carey > Ludeman
Weatherald > Cooper

Andrews to come in for Opie is my guess..
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Dead set valleys07, I bloody love your reviews.. I would much rather sit here for 5-10min and read it thoroughly than go buy the stupid Advertiser!
by The Bedge
Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |