Search found more than 2913 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Hahaha!!! Oh dear Carey, good night was it? :lol:
You goose, I was referring to Lockleys being a class above Ingle Farm - a pretty obvious observation when you look at the scores. My comparison to Smithfield though was only based on each side to face Ingle Farm.. Yesterday Lockleys played better v Ingle Farm than Smithfield played v Ingle Farm.

Just because you think you're low grade royalty doesn't mean others can't have opinions on things :D

There is a monster gap between the top sides and the rest of the competition that much is for sure.. But to have TOS a clear 2nd to Smithfield makes me wonder just how much D6 you have watched this season...

Enjoy the hangover tiger, might come egg your house later 8)
by The Bedge
Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Naively I am not sure about any sort of commercial or business model in terms of providing it to others at this stage as it's pretty unique to my personal annoyances. Which are:

Different magnet names for players - "Who is Browny? Nah that's Smithy". I had three magnets on the board with names from people not playing representing players on the field because there was no magnet made or the A's nicked them.
Stupid nicknames on magnets - just because when he signed up he said his nickname was "Tank" doesn't mean it still is 14 years later.
Double up names on magnets - we had two Nick's play and sure enough, two Nick magnets.
Messy left over "x's and o's" on the whiteboard - someone somewhere thought it was a great idea to explain the switch in a permanent marker.
Having to fumble about picking the magnets off when in a rush and trying to make multiple changes - I've got a smashed hand and zero dexterity, it's not easy.

But I still want the flexibility of the free form magnet board in regards to shifting positions and structures to try things and see how they look.
I can relate to all those points :lol: Which is why my OCD kicks in each Friday evening - I have to have the same size magnets on my board, with the same font and format for names, and I had to print new labels for magnets so I've got it exactly right :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Flinders Park on the hunt for a new A grade coach as of this evening is what I'm hearing..

*edit* - Dave Kennewell to coach moving forward..
by The Bedge
Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote:I get the impression Lockleys and Smithfield played well last week..

and West Croydon? :shock: :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

HH3 wrote:The I also downloaded Pokemon Blue for my phone, and play with a Gameboy emulator app.

This was the best thing I have ever done with my phone haha!! I fricking love it!
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We may not be seeing The Milky Bar Kid on here for a while.. Congrats young pup on the birth of your daughter this morning :D
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Players used by each club:

A Grade:
58 - Adelaide Uni
43 - Flinders Uni
40 - Angle Vale
39 - St Pauls OS
37 - Mitchell Park
35 - Houghton
34 - Salisbury West

B Grade:
65 - Flinders Uni
62 - Adelaide Uni
56 - Angle Vale
55 - Mitchell Park
49 - Houghton
48 - St Pauls OS
45 - North Pines
by The Bedge
Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are still some thugs and grubs in Rugby (Union & League), but they don't usually last too long and yes for the larger part there is a greater respect between all parties including the official.

I still find myself calling Aussie Rules umpires 'Sir' out of habit..

Some reasons I think it's a little different based on my experiences as a player/coach/official:
1. The restrictions around tackling etc. are quite simple - don't tackle above shoulders, don't lift and now don't shoulder charge (although you were never allowed in union). On top of this, kids are taught as soon as they start playing to tackle, are taught technique etc. and it becomes the norm - in aussie rules kids aren't even allowed to touch an opposition player or stand a mark until u/9's or u/10's or something silly like that. Very rarely does a player take offence to a tackle because there is not often a tackle is illegal and the player knows what to expect.
2. Referees speak to both captains and sometimes teams before the game, lay down expectations etc, wish them luck and away they go.
3. Referees allow themselves to be approachable during the game at a suitable time if the captain has any grievances.
4. Yellow/Red cards - this seriously hurt sides if a player receives one, no side wants to cross a line and be a man down.
5. Further to that, in league in particular, the 3rd person into any "melee" gets in the most trouble and always gets sin binned - their involvement only serves to fuel the incident.

Then there are some other factors:
1. AFL used to promote itself as a feral sport on TV - you could get away with hitting and yelling at umpires etc.. they created a feral culture from that and some people are stuck in those ages.
2. In a game of Rugby (Union & League), you are generally more often than not involved in the game, it's a constant flowing game up and down the field - there is little time to worry about doing stupid stuff, where as in aussie rules, the larger grounds there is generally a bit of down time in different possies.
3. Standing opposite - difficult to king hit your direct opponent from 15-20m away.. aussie rules though you stand next to them all day.
by The Bedge
Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Righto not sure if I've done this correctly.. but... number of total unique players used

107 - Adelaide Uni
81 - Flinders Uni
73 - Angle Vale
73 - Mitchell Park
67 - Houghton
66 - St Pauls OS
45 - North Pines
34 - Salisbury West
by The Bedge
Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Tinge of green there, doesn't look like a dead pitch that everyone was expecting
Still to take some off the top, be interesting to see how it plays.. my gut feel is looks will be deceiving and this will end up being a belter of a deck after you get through the first hour or so - load up on a middle order batsman to top score 8)
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Good to see young Adelaide quick Luke Lavender doing ok for the National Indigenous side vs the National Performance squad - picked up 3/37(9ov) today.

East Torrens lad Ayden McGregor-Baptista injured himself vs the Southern Stars where he had 1/9 off 5, and has struggled with the bat as a result.

Others involved in the series playing for the NPS - Dave Grant, Patrick Page Jnr, Callum Ferguson and I think Travis Head.

Good to see plenty of young SA talent in amongst it..
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of Origin

Massive win for QLD - was clinical!

David Klemmer obviously let the limelight get to his head between games 2 and 3 - he was absolutely atrocious last night! Continually shooting out the line trying to rush the QLD attack, missing first tackles and creating holes in the NSW defensive line then dropping important balls at important times.. Sucked in you grub!

QLD - too old, too slow.. no worries 8)
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Zartan wrote:
giffo wrote:Not sure who C Strormonth is?

Long lost brother of Sean? :lol:

Or maybe its Cean now :shock:

Pffft outside down hill skier

Most wingers are :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:The cold snap is the perfect time to play at Mawsons, who have no electricity at the ground tomorrow, hence no hot showers..

Really?? Surely someone can organise a generator or something b

Nah f**k em :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quite ironic after the fuss they kicked up for having to walk 100m to use the away facilities at our home game earlier this year.. Id walk 100m to shower after a 12 degree day with 15-20mm rain forecast..
I fail to see the irony in that ;)

Cant wait to kick up the similar stink/spray that I copped from a few Mawsons trainers because they had to walk 100m to our away change rooms.. Because you know, its the B grade coaches decision to have the facilities where they are
I cant wait to turn the hot water off on you when you come to Ingle Farm :lol: :P

joking!
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The run home:

A Grade:
Lockleys - CU (H), FITZ (A), BYE, ML (A), TOS (H)
Smithfield - TOS(A), CU (h), WC (A), FITZ (H), IF (A)
Trinity OS - SM (H), WC (H), IF (A), BL (H), LOC (A)
West Croydon - ML (H), TOS (A), SM (H), IF (H), BL (A)
Fitzroy - BL (A), LOC (H), CU (A), SM (A), BYE
Ingle Farm - BYE, ML (A), TOS (H), WC (A), SM (H)
Brahma Lodge - FITZ (H), BYE, ML (H), TOS (A), WC (H)
Central United - LOC (A), SM (A), FITZ (H), BYE, ML (H)
Mawson Lakes - WC (A), IF (H), BL (A), LOC (H), CU (A)

B Grade:
Trinity OS - SM (H), WC( H), IF (A), BL (H), LOC (A)
Smithfield - TOS (A), CU (H), WC (A), FITZ (H), IF (A)
Brahma Lodge - FITZ (H), BYE, ML (H), TOS (A), WC (H)
Ingle Farm - BYE, ML (A), TOS (H), WC (A), SM (H)
Lockleys - CU (H), FITZ (A), BYE, ML (A), TOS (H)
West Croydon - ML (H), TOS (A), SM (H), IF (H), BL (A)
Fitzroy - BL (A), LOC (H), CU (A), SM (A), BYE
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lockleys a class above, can comfortably say I think they're a better side than the Smithfield side that I saw the other week - they're fit, they're quick, strong overhead, penetrating kicks and the most important aspect - they're smart.. They maintain their structure and they blitzed Ingle Farm clinically today.
Pfft they (Lockleys) must be a 'class above' Smithfield if they beat a middle row Ingle Farm at Home. Give me a break, At home against average opposition yep Smitty was against average opposition as well but hey let's not forget 2 games clear on top, Haven't lost a game, Yet Lockleys lost at home to Mawsons who couldn't beat time on a drum! Ohh Lockleys must be good tho they beat Farmers after being close at 1/4 time.... :roll:

Your all playing for second you idiots, Smithfield by the length of the straight. They'll play Trinity in the G/F.

I've watched a bit of div6 this year Smitty by the length of the straight, Trinity next best for mine. Lockleys and West Croydon over rated who ever finished 5th is wasting there time cause your behind them 2 and they're no good.
Round 13:
Lockleys 12.16.88 d Smithfield 8.10.58

Apology accepted.. that is all 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lockleys - Look set to lock away 2nd spot with a favourable draw to finish. Still have a bye in there, so only a maximum 8pts on offer. In the B grade probably have the easiest draw to close out the season, would expect them to collect minimum 3/4 wins with TOS proving the big challenge. With their superior percentage they are just about a lock for finals. Anticipate they'll finish in 4th spot and a triple header 1st week of finals out Lockleys way.

Smithfield - With possible 10pts on offer to close out the season, Smithfield can wrestle back the minor premiership they've held for so long by seasons end and earn the week off. Cant see any of the 5x sides ahead of them really challenging - perhaps West Croydon away might prove interesting. In the B Grade it'll be a matter of who can knock off which side at the top to secure 1st place.. it'll start this week v TOS - their draw flattens out from there and they'll be hoping a couple of upsets can occur between TOS and Brahma Lodge.

Trinity OS - 5x games remain, 2x games clear in 3rd position but their draw consists of 2x sides fighting for top and 3x sides fighting for 5th.. they have arguably the toughest draw despite their position on the ladder. If not careful could drop to 4th by the end of the minor round and host the elimination final. In the B Grade they battle both the sides who want their number 1 spot with Smithfield and Brahma coming up. Also play the 3x sides battling for 4th and 5th spot with Ingle Farm, Lockleys and West Croydon. Like the A grade this will prove a challenging draw as each side fights to keep their season alive. My gut feeling is they'll finish 2nd on the ladder and host Brahma week 1 of the finals.

West Croydon - Tricky draw but not without hope. Aided by having the 3x home games they would be confident going into most of those matches. Round 17 v Ingle Farm looking a pivotal match up but I think they'll do enough to hold onto 4th spot. In the B grade, they're one of the 3x sides fighting hard for that last finals spot. None of the sides to come will worry them, but facing the top 3 sides will prove difficult. They'll need to jag a win against on of those, then the showdown in Round 17 v Ingle Farm will effectively be the game for 5th spot - with West Croydon having a superior percentage, although sitting in 6th spot they're just ahead in the race for the 5.

Fitzroy - They have 4x weeks left of their season. Will be a massive fight this week vs Brahma Lodge, they must win that game and defeat Central United to all but secure a spot - lose either game and they'll be relying on results heading into Round 18 while they sit on their backsides during the bye. In the B grade, although still a chance, cant see them seriously challenging for a spot, only 1x win looks obvious in the remaining 4x games for them.

Ingle Farm - The Farmers look shot, having wasted opportunities during the season they now find themselves outside the 5 with a massive last 4x games. Consistency has been poor, it's difficult to see them winning another game for the year, but they'll need to find at least two and will be desperately hoping Fitzroy don't manage two more games for the season. In the B grade the ladder is deceptive - they sit 2x games clear in 4th but have a difficult draw to come, playing 2x of the equal top sides and then West Croydon away who smashed them by 10+ goals earlier in the season. 2x wins just about assure a spot, 1x win and I suspect they'll miss due to their poor percentage.

Brahma Lodge - Ridiculed for most of the season for underachieving, suddenly a game outside the 5 with some very winnable games ahead. Defeat Fitzroy this weekend, collect a victory vs Mawson Lakes after the bye and it'll be a serious fight for that last spot heading into Rd 18 when they host West Croydon. Don't write off the Tigers just yet.. In the B grade, they continue to get the job done. Have been challenged at times but have the depth and quality to still get the 2pts, Rd 17 v TOS will prove to be the match to determine who finishes higher on the ladder.

Central United & Mawson Lakes - Both have had difficult seasons, but both have proven highly competitive in games. These two bottom of the ladder sides are going to prove to be very crucial to some clubs and a real thorn to others.. Any upset victory they can claim will dent the losers finals aspirations.. they cant make the 5 but they sure can shape it.. Rd 18 is fitting that these two battlers fight it out to close out their season.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Failed Creation wrote:Kilburn's favourite son, living legend, Fullback of the Century and God among misogynist's, Andrew Graham, also made an appearance

Edited for accuracy 8)

Hope ladies day at his 200th is full of feminists waiting for him - I hear he's quite popular amongst the hairy armpit women :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Grade
22 - Lockleys 67.65%
22 - Smithfield 63.90% ( -3.75 )
16 - Trinity OS 48.61% ( -15.29 )
14 - West Croydon 55.41% ( +6.8 )
12 - Fitzroy 47.76% ( -7.65 )
-------------------------------
10 - Ingle Farm 43.33% ( -4.43 )
08 - Brahma Lodge 41.28% ( -2.05 )
04 - Central United
04 - Mawson Lakes

B Grade
22 - Smithfield 70.78% ( -2.92 )
22 - Brahma Lodge 68.42% ( -2.36 )
20 - Trinity OS 73.00% ( 4.58 )
14 - Ingle Farm 49.46% ( -23.54 )
12 - Lockleys 64.07% ( 14.61 )
-----------------------------
12 - West Croydon 56.89% ( -7.18 )
07 - Fitzroy 47.53% ( -9.36 )
02 - Mawson Lakes
01 - Central United

Round 15:
Fitzroy (5th A / 7th B) vs Lockleys (1st A / 5th B)
Mawson Lakes (9th A / 8th B) vs Ingle Farm (6th A / 4th B)
Smithfield (2nd A / 1st B) vs Central United (8th A / 9th B)
Trinity OS (3rd A / 3rd B) vs West Croydon (4th A / 6th B)

Brahma Lodge - Bye
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 15:
Fitzroy v Lockleys: Fitzroy finding form late in the season with some impressive wins to increase belief that a finals berth is imminent face a tough battle against the strong ladder leaders Lockleys, who were comprehensive 103pt winners last time these sides met. The match being played at Mt Fitzroy will give the Lions a greater sense of belief and should help to hinder some of the Lockleys run. Dom Papazoglov proving a strong option up forward frees Darren Francis to mop up down back - except him to go to Dan Smith this week, making Fitzroy look a much more balanced side. One win will just about secure Fitzroy a finals spot, and with the bye in Rd 18 time is running out.

B Grade - Although Fitzroy have proven to be competitive in recent weeks, it's difficult to see then challenging the resurgent Lockleys who should be able to keep their noses clear of West Croydon in 5th spot, and put the pressure right on Ingle Farm above them and they wrestle for 4th position. An incredible percentage for a side in 5th spot, Lockleys have shown that a strong defence is the key to a good side, and Fitzroy will struggle to find a way to goal. Lockleys by 70-90 points.

Mawson Lakes v Ingle Farm: Ingle Farm head out to Mawson 'Cold Showers' Lakes this week to keep their flickering finals hopes alive. Last time these two sides met it was Ingle Farm hard fought 11pt winners - fighting their way back from behind, Darren King did the damage to the Farmers, blitzing them at most stoppages, more attention will need to be paid this time around. With a disappointing percentage of 43.33 it shows that Ingle Farm are susceptible to having scores kicked against them, this promises to be a very interesting clash. Mawson Lakes despite results look a better side on paper this time around, and will be hard to stop at home as they fight for pride - they can drive the final nail into the coffin and end Ingle Farms season this weekend.

B Grade - Looks a formality on paper, but football isn't played on paper. A disturbed season for Ingle Farm and coming off the bye could spell danger as they travel out to Mawson Lakes. Regardless of the actual result, Ingle Farm will have their own demons they need to exercise this weekend, and will need to be on their game to avoid leaking too many points and risking giving their percentage further battering. Fitzroy showed two weeks ago that if you can play the Farmers under pressure early, it leaves them vulnerable, and Mawson Lakes would be looking to apply similar pressure standards early in the game. Kim Pearce continues to be a standout for Mawson Lakes each week, and another strong performance here may see him firm as a possible medal chance.

Smithfield v Central United: Smithfield returned to their winning ways on the weekend with a strong performance against Trinity, Michael Ashby with 4 goals proving again that he is arguably the most valuable player in the competition and would expect him to poll prolifically in the medal count later in the season. 113 point winners last time they faced Central United (Ashby with 9 goals that day), I can't see the result varying much this time around either. Although the Units have proven more competitive over the season, Smithfield possess too much class around the ground. If Central United can get within 15 goals they should consider that a victory this weekend.

B Grade - A nail biting hard fought 4 point win over other future finalist Trinity on the weekend, some interesting names competing in the magoos - Bellman and Grogan leading the charge, shows the depth Smithfield have currently and the pressure being applied on the A grade. Smithfield to not only consolidate top spot, but extend their lead in 1st place, pulling a game and greater percentage clear of Brahma Lodge who have the bye. It'll be hard to see Central United getting close in this match unfortunately. Joel Calyun and Nathan Coulson will blitz the units.

Trinity OS v West Croydon: Match of the round. After the weekends results, West Croydon suddenly find themselves within striking range of the double chance, having closed the gap on Trinity and with a superior percentage, if they win this weekend they'll leap Trinity into 3rd position. Trinity still look vulnerable to me, 7 goals on the weekend against Smithfield and 5 of those kicked by Alex Cotter, the question still lingers whether they have enough goal scoring options as a side to be a serious threat for the flag. Shut down Cotter, Shut down TOS? For West Croydon Cam McKinnon continues to prove a handful for fullbacks, adding another 6 on the weekend. The Hawks on paper appear to have great balance, and are accumulating a number of running players capable of breaking lines - Sumner, Stancl, Wiles, Cooper, Woodcock.. they look a good unit. Last time these two met at Fawk Reserve it was West Croydon by 43points. Out at Trinity on a smaller ground will make the battle closer, but I suspect the result will be the same.

B Grade - It was Trinity by 72 points last time these sides met, but West Croydon are a vastly different side, and every week are playing for their season, looking to grab an elusive victory against a contender to push themselves into the 5. Trinity although disappointed will be buoyed by their performance against a very strong Smithfield, and continue to have a disrupted side each week - proving the depth at TOS is first class. With Brahma having the bye, it's a golden opportunity for the TOSsers to jump back into 2nd place and lock away a top 3 finish.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Media

wristwatcher wrote:Thankyou, I do what I can :)

Welcome back trouble maker 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: True or False

False

TNP hates people who rattle of clichés all the time :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think I know where he stole the goals from...

#GiveMorgsHisGoalsBack

:lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Critique away..
D6.JPG
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Someone doesn't rate Zedman.. ;)
Yeah - CLG ;)

Footy Chick wrote:His side is only sitting pretty at the top of the ladder :lol:

*edit* is this a mixed D6/D6 reserves side?

Just reserves side
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Glad you put yourself as runner Zartan and left me in the box found out today my running is at an all time low.

After my efforts yesterday I could slot myself onto a half back flank 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Grade
24 - Lockleys 67.50%
24 - Smithfield 64.60% ( -2.90 )
16 - West Croydon 56.79% ( -7.81 )
16 - Trinity OS 46.61% ( -10.18 )
12 - Fitzroy 46.65% ( 0.04 )
10 - Ingle Farm 42.85% ( -3.80 )
08 - Brahma Lodge 41.24% ( -1.61 )
06 - Mawson Lakes
04 - Central United

B Grade
24 - Smithfield 72.02%
22 - Trinity OS 72.34% ( 0.32 )
22 - Brahma Lodge 68.42% ( -3.92 )
16 - Ingle Farm 49.76% ( -18.66 )
14 - Lockleys 64.91% ( 15.15 )
12 - West Croydon 56.25% ( -8.66 )
07 - Fitzroy
02 - Mawson Lakes
01 - Central United

Round 14:
Brahma Lodge (7th A / 3rd B) vs Mawson Lakes (8th A / 8th B)
Central United (9th A / 9th B) vs Fitzroy (5th A / 7th B)
Ingle Farm (6th A / 4th B) vs Trinity OS (4th A / 2nd B)
West Croydon (3rd A / 6th B) vs Smithfield (2nd A / 1st B)

Lockleys - Bye
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

budweiser28 wrote:I just noticed the team of the week has 2 Brahma lodge players.....they must of played really well during their bye?

Think you'll find that's the team of the week for Round 14 - Brahma Lodge played Fitzroy.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Mundine is another one who rubs people up the wrong way and is very much unliked, yet compared to Ben Cousins his close to a saint.
Mundine does it for the publicity, he draws the crowd and he essentially brings Australian Boxing and Aboriginality to the forefront..

Unless you're a little outspoken, the Australian public don't want to know about a hard working successful Aboriginal lad - look at all the people who seem to make headlines or gain support - they're either "battlers/underdogs" or outspoken.

How many people would've heard of Daniel Geale before he fought Mundine? Another proud Aboriginal lad but quiet about his business.
What about Rocky Jerkic? Could potentially be the greatest Aboriginal boxer Australia has ever produced but I doubt anyone knows who he is.

What frustrates me the most with people who jump on the Mundine and/or Goodes hate wagon is the fact most don't even seem to know why they dislike them - they're just sheep following the crowd.. Sure they throw out the same repetitive comments they read everywhere "he's a knob, he talks crap, he brings it on himself, he's a sook" - but challenge those people to provide examples and they're lost.
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What angers me the most about people who are on the anti-Goodes wagon.. have a conversation you're guaranteed to get one of if not all of the following responses from them:

a) He's a knob. (Why? See answer c) )
b) He's a sook. (Why? Because he complains about being booed)
c) He gets looked after. (He must be alone in the AFL in that boat :roll: )
d) He won AOTY because he picked on a 13yo girl for calling him an Ape. (Completely wrong, and no doubt just heard another mate say that or read it somewhere)
e) He does look like an Ape.(But if I call you a halfwit bet you'd get offended.)
f) Booing has always happened, he should get over it.(Does that make it right though? He's expressed he doesn't like it, so shouldn't that be enough to stop? It's just harassment and bullying to continue and to intensify those boos because you know he doesn't like it.)
g) I've never liked him. (So that's a legit reason to continue to harass a bloke? I don't like plenty of people, I don't like Lleyton Hewitt but I don't go to the tennis and boo him)
h) I'm not racist - I have a mate whose aboriginal (Ok so that makes it ok? If you have a mate whose aboriginal then surely you'd be more cultural aware and sensitive?)
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ease up Turbo, everyone has their own opinions and you just have to accept that.
I'm happy for people to have an opinion - as long as they've formed that opinion themselves and not just going with what the majority of people are saying.

The other thing that I'm a little lost with is where this perception that Goodes pulling the race card with the booing..

I could be wrong (often am lol), but I've never heard him actually come out and say the people who boo him are racist.

I've heard him express disappointment and dislike but that's it.

Lumumba and Jetta do a war cry and everyone puts it back on Goodes being a sook pulling the race card for being booed :shock:

He's played a few weeks with constant booing, said nothing and Jetta comes out and sticks up for him and everyone has a crack at Goodes again?! :shock:

I'm lost
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
Zartan wrote:When has anyone booed an umpire? :shock: I've heard people complain about umpires but never boo them?

Lol

Almost every game at AO ends with the umpires walking down the tunnel to a sea of boos

:lol: :lol: I'm probably too drunk by then and more concerned with other stuff to notice
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Seeing TOS last week I'm not sure Farmers winning would be an upset.

Seeing Farmers last week I would say it is :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Is the team unhappy/confused/disappointed with the Haddin axing? The "family first" ethos that the Australian team has long lived by seems to have been cast aside in this decision. Has it upset team harmony?
Possibly, but really it shouldn't. The team are professionals, and if something like this upsets team harmony then they need to take a good hard look at themselves.

They're playing for Australia. Against England, in a close Ashes series. If I were wearing the baggy green, nothing would stop me giving 110% out there every time.

FWIW, I think the selectors had a very tough decision. The circumstances of Haddin having to miss the second test are unfortunate, but no-one has a right to play for Australia. In a Ashes series locked at 1-1, the best XI need to play. Nevill's batting and keeping have probably been superior to Haddin's. There is no room for sentiment, and it would be disappointing if the best team weren't picked giving how the whole country is willing the team to win.

Unfortunate for Haddin, but it's not about the individual. It's about the team. Haddin can be given the support he needs regardless IMO.
It annoyed the hell out of me listening to Warne the other night carry on for ages about how Haddin should've been picked and wasted right etc.. FFS just commentate the game, you're not a selector!
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Doing a preview on this weeks games Zartan?

I did -

Zartan wrote:I'm predicting this will be a round of upsets..

West Croydon will beat Smithfield
Central United will upset Fitzroy
Mawson Lakes will defeat Brahma
Ingle Farm to scrape over the line v TOS

haha i'll do it after 2nd lunch.. I'm hungry 8)
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brahma Lodge v Mawson Lakes - Mawson Lakes fresh from beating their drums against Ingle Farm will be brimming with confidence heading into this clash at Brahma Oval, and a match that holds no fears for the Mossie. Last time they clashed it was Mawson Lakes surprise victors by 13 points with Matty Ralph and Duncan Brown providing headaches up forward. Pride only on the line in this clash with neither being a genuine finals contender, but with Mawson Lakes playing the more consistent football of late and no Aloisi named for the Tigers I suspect the Mossies will get over the line in this clash by 1-10pts.

In the B grade the lads from Mawson Lakes were competitive against an undermanned Ingle Farm, they turned up ready to play and came within a whisker of escaping with a heroic victory. Reflecting on the game, they controlled most the key periods and statistics but were unable to capitalise. However the juggernaut out Brahma Lodge is flying and a top 2 spot beckons if they can tick the boxes they must. With Luke Nelson providing another avenue to goal, it creates greater headaches for opposition coaches who previously only needed to concern themselves with Mat Lehman and Brian Rudgley. Brahma play a simple, effective and smart style of football, and they wont be underestimating the Lakes in this clash - margin will exceed 15 goals.

Central United v Fitzroy - Like Mawson Lakes in the same corresponding round earlier in the year, Central United were able to defy all odds and record a famous victory away from home, beating Fitzroy by 26 points. Aaron Frith wound back the clock to his Paralowie days with a strong 5 goal performance on that occasion. This time around, Fitzroy arguably travelling better than they were, and Central United limping towards the end of the season, many would have the Lions pencilled in for a win - not me.. I think at Mofflin Reserve, the Units are a completely different side. They aren't fearful of the physical stuff and with Frith, Fenwick, Petersen, Bain, Clausen they have more than enough avenues to goal. Club legend Nathan Fenwick will be buoyed by the arrival of his first son, and when the big fella is up and about he drags his team along with him. They'll lift a knotch, the rain could prove pivotal in this match. For me I'm tipping an upset, Central United by under 18 points.

In the B grade, a draw last time they met, I don't feel Central United will be that fortunate this time around. They would need heavy rain to tip scales back towards their favour. Although haven't been able to record the results they would like, Fitzroy have displayed periods of quality football and competitiveness over the season, Matt Mancheff and Alex McAskill have proven to be a handful for opposition sides. The Lions to get the job done here to the tune of 5 goals.

Ingle Farm v Trinity OS - Literally the last roll of the dice this week for the Farmers. Past players day, 2x premiership reunions, playing home.. season on the line.. stakes couldn't be higher for the Bulldogs and the occasion is set for the opportunity for a memorable victory. In Round 7 it was Alex Cotter popping up with a powerful last 10min of the game to slot his 3 of his 4 goals are help TOS record a surprise come from behind victory. The smaller ground was played better on the day by the TOSSERs, and I left wondering how they would handle the vast expanses of Rowe Park. It's a long way back from last weeks lose to West Croydon and Ingle Farm would also be lamenting their disappointing effort against Mawson Lakes. This will be a crucial clash, cant see this being high scoring it'll be a dour hard fought slog. Questions still surround TOS and their ability to win games without the influence of Cotter, no doubt they'll be hell bent on proving the doubters wrong but I just get the feeling this game is the time the Farmers will rise to the occasion.. Ingle Farm by 7 points.

In the B grade it's a massive clash, Trinity hard fought winners last week v West Croydon continue to do enough and have secured that top 3 spot, with a top 2 - and possibly top spot not yet out of the question. Ingle Farm on the flip side have a tough run home and their form this season has been indifferent - when they win they do it tough, and when they lose they get blown away. This has seen their percentage take a battering and put them in a precarious position heading towards finals. Equation for Ingle Farm is simple - beat Trinity this week and all but secure that last finals spot, lose and its off to Hanson Rd to face bogey side West Croydon next week... this is Grand Final week for the Farmers B Grade and they'll be coming to play, set the tone for the A grade and lock away a finals spot. Ingle Farm by 3 points.

West Croydon v Smithfield - BOOM! What a ripper! Match of the round by a long way, two sides that love to score, two sides that play a fast paced, attacking style of football. Sides littered with talent - Ashby, Garner, Lane vs Wiles, Sumner, Cooper will provided a thrilling contest throughout the day. How each sides plans their match ups will prove pivotal to the result as well - I expect Jamie Curtis to get first crack at Matthews whilst Mark Prider looks a good matchup for McKinnon - although I would be inclined to send Abdulla back on him. Smithfield's firepower up forward, especially with the return of Matthews and Jamie Lane is clearly their greatest strength, the pressure will be on West Croydon to find a way to win the midfield battle. For the footy fans I hope the day remains dry and clear and we can witness these two sides go toe to toe all day in a shoot out. West Croydon are up and about, momentum building and they know what needs to be done, confidence will be sky high I'm thinking an upset is on the cards here - West Croydon by less than 10pts.

In the B Grade this will be a very interesting clash. Last time they met Smithfield destroyed a much weaker West Croydon, but this time around they're a different unit and they play Fawk Reserve with greater confidence so wont be without hope. The Hawks came within a whisker of knocking of TOS last weekend away from home so will have great belief they can get the job done in this clash and keep their season alive. They'll have their work cut out for them though with the likes of Joel Caylun, Justin Waters, Nathan Coulson, Kane Stocks and Ty Swepstone leading the charge. Unlike the A Grade, the weather will play an important part in this game and West Croydon will want the rain, which could potentially expose the bigger sized Smithfield side that's is carrying it's share of talls. I think this will prove to be quite an interesting game - an upset is not out of the question, but I suspect that Smithfield have enough quality across the midfield and up forward to counter the West Croydon attack. Smithfield by 5 goals.
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Grade
26 - Smithfield 63.93%
24 - Lockleys 67.50% ( 3.57 )
16 - West Croydon 56.02% ( -11.48 )
16 - Trinity OS 46.73% ( -9.29 )
14 - Fitzroy 47.42% ( 0.69 )
12 - Ingle Farm 43.35% ( -4.07 )
08 - Mawson Lakes
08 - Brahma Lodge
04 - Central United

B Grade
26 - Smithfield 72.93%
24 - Trinity OS 71.50% ( -1.43 )
24 - Brahma Lodge 69.42% ( -2.08 )
16 - Ingle Farm 49.31% ( -20.11 )
14 - Lockleys 64.91% ( 15.60 )
12 - West Croydon 53.43% ( -11.48 )
09 - Fitzroy
02 - Mawson Lakes
01 - Central United

Round 17:
Mawson Lakes (7th A / 8th B) vs Lockleys (2nd A / 5th B)
Smithfield (1st A / 1st B) vs Fitzroy (5th A / 7th B)
Trinity OS (4th A / 2nd B) vs Brahma Lodge (8th A / 3rd B)
West Croydon (3rd A / 6th B) vs Ingle Farm (6th A / 4th B)

Central United - Bye
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Yesterday was Monday... I needed the laugh ;)

Here is a sneak peak.. 8)

zartan shower.JPG
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:And do you really think the Brahma reserves umpire is going to let that happen? :lol:

No comment :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where are they now?

Footy Chick wrote:Why, did he break something? :shock: He played a milestone game the other week I reckon.

Fitzroy don't have a C grade ;)
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Dogs Breakfast wrote:Fred Agius back at Moonta. Playing the last two games of the season to qualify! Local talent to miss out again!

Don't get bitter.. get better
by The Bedge
Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HAHAHA!!!! Yes!!!!!

That's faaaarking brilliant!! :lol: :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:If farmers win are they in? %

No Farmers percentage is 40.07 - approx. 5% off Fitzroy
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Andy Graham is a B grade footballer.
by The Bedge
Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: :lol:

Dog watcher is not from the Farm... Don't think anyone at Ingle Farm would be that foolish to think it's a possibility!
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In other news.. a little selfish from me, but I've got to say I'm pretty chuffed to have been able to overcome West Croydon 'B' grade on the weekend..

I would have to say Arch is one of the more astute coaches I've come across in this division over the past couple of years, and always manages to somehow get the better of Ingle Farm - his side coming from 7 goals down at 3/4 time in last years final still haunts me! :(

Anyway, guess the proof is in the pudding - from not winning a game a couple of years ago, to winning 19 games over the past two years including reaching a prelim is a pretty good effort.. Glad you're out of the finals race now, and I can finally claim a victory over you! :partyman: :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Also used to be a time when SANFL players were household names, superstars to kids and role models etc.. there was prestige in playing and dedicating your time.. these days most people would probably struggle to name a dozen league players
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:i heard kilburn have a money tree out the back

Most residents in the area probably do :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Diknbones wrote:not even worth a response...

image.jpg
by The Bedge
Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |