Search found more than 2911 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

carey wrote:I hope you get the sack
Club would be due to turn over another coach so you might get lucky :lol:

carey wrote:so I can see more of your drunken posts, :lol: .
I'm a changed man ;) :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Smithfield on collecting minor premierships in both grades! Tremendous effort, not often a club can achieve that, and I believe it's the first time in their history? =D>

I think they'll welcome the week off in the B grade - daresay there would be some very sore bodies today, was one of the most physical, high pressure games I've seen this year - battered bodies lying everywhere! Difference came after a massive collision which saw two played helped from the field (one stretchered, one walked) had a few minute break in play, Smithfield were able to take advantage of the break and kicked 4-5 goals in a 10min period to close out the 2nd quarter.. proved to be the difference (apart from a couple of late goals in junk time 4th qtr).

On the downside, more injuries to Ingle Farm's better players hurts heading into finals - midfielder Bernie Bobridge out with a fractured shoulder blade, and quite eerily 5yrs ago to the day he broke his wrist for Central United on the last minor round before finals :shock:

Anyway well done to all those who are playing finals and good luck, and congrats once again to Smithfield =D> :partyman:
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Hird would've had to resign - if they sacked him the sook probably would've sued Essendon
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If the safooty forum software supported hashes, like BigFooty, you'd be very surprised at how much better it makes reading and categorising content.

And thinking hashtags is only for twitter is a bit like my mum thinking the internet is just for Facebook.

#GetOnBoardFC

Go back to BigFooty
Go back to SFL 8)
by The Bedge
Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Image

This literally made me laugh out loud haha!! Made my spill my coffee :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2013/14

whufc wrote:Another rumour is Eastern Park are naturally chasing Benny McMullen and Brett Woodward as they are both playing footy there, that would be a pretty handy div2 bowling attack if u also included Ray Ray, Franky Mc and Ian

Probably should try and chase Brad Woodward instead ;)
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

Harry49 wrote:What's the point in it then? Wouldn't they want to try and make some money off the event!?

Who's your source marbles?

He's trying to make a point in regards to his Sportingpulse/club preso argument :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

Harry49 wrote:Duly noted, if only Zartan was like that :lol:

Settle down young Harry! :lol:

My downturn in safooty posts results in substantial increase on FB :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2015

Booney wrote:You can't change clubs in September mate. ;)

Unless you support Port Adel? ;) :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan says hi 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle Farm 14.6.90 d Lockleys 12.9.81

Best win I've been involved in as an Aussie Rules coach.

Hats off to Lockleys - they're a class bunch of footballers but better blokes, gracious in a tough defeat and always a very tough opponent - I hope they move to D5 because they're too good a club overall to be stuck in this grade.
by The Bedge
Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ps Dom Ascoli best by long shot for Lockleys B Grade.. Very talented lad!
by The Bedge
Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IMHO, Lockleys lost it in the 1st 1/4, 0-6 to 5-?, it was always going to be tough to come back from that, their 2nd & 3rd quarters were outstanding, a team stacked full of C graders was always going tio struggle to keep up the 2nd/3rd 1/4 momentum
3.2.20 to 0.5.5 1/4 time
6.2.38 to 4.6.30 1/2 time
9.4.58 to 11.7.73 3/3 time
14.6.90 to 12.9.81 full time

I find it insulting to my side and disrespectful to the Lockleys B grade that you feel the need to undermine the match by saying "a team stacked full of C graders".

Whether or not this is true, a lot of the blokes yesterday have played regularly B grade football this year and some have played a bit of A grade, and I have no doubt that was the strongest B grade Lockleys could have picked from who was available yesterday.

You don't think every other side has players missing?
by The Bedge
Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:West Croydon by 11 points

That is all.

Trinity can't play in the GF if they lose

#someprediction
#bandwagonjumper
#wouldntknowifarseonfire
#GetsInfoFromChicksAtTheLandOfPromise
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't notice any Smithfield folk down having a nosey. Obviously quite comfortable and not fussed who they play?

Oh that's it then 'Lockleys love ins' by 12 goals then if Smithfield didn't watch them play. They would've learnt soooooooo much.

There is no doubt in my mind that you go through the female menstrual cycle.
He's finally synced up with the girls at the land of promise! :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL FINALS WEEK 2 (DRAFT)

I would've preferred to play before the A grade game at West Croydon - their supporters don't bother me, and would've been good to get on the cans and watch the A grade final..
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets presume next week in Div 6 Smithfield have won their way through to the GF already in both grades and we have 4 different teams in prelims. There will be 2 different ovals for the Prelims. I don't care who voted what or who decided what. Its ridiculous.
Nope they'll probably schedule both games at the same venue just to keep people guessing again..
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

EddieV wrote:tell me the time and where to bring my boots and I'm there
10:15 in Noarlunga.. good luck, make sure you car pool and take your best 4 players with you ;) 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Club Best and Fairests

beef wrote:They all just looked on sporting pulse, only the winner showed up

Just think of all the revenue they lost from it too :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

human_torpedo wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:WTF are you on about?

All in brawl v Ingle Farm C4, the incident on the news at the juniors, now this..

Had nothing to do with the club besides the fact it went down at the oval when juniors were playing.. People involved were all external

My apologies then, I stand corrected.
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Smitty by 23 points and Lodge by 52 points

That is all.

Haters gonna hate... That is all

#farmers
#StickThatUpYourFatArse
by The Bedge
Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats Zed on your progression to the GF and getting Lockleys to D5 in your first year at the club.. regardless of what cattle you have at your disposal that's an incredible effort. Have Lockleys playing a very enjoyable brand of football to watch, and with perhaps a couple of quality additions over the summer returning to the Den I think you'll more than hold your own in D5.

Congrats also to human torpedo - first year coaching and taken his side to the GF. They're a good unit, well balanced, sound understanding of how they need to play..

.. but they're beatable 8) :lol:

Cant wait for this Saturday, the atmosphere alone between the two games should be incredible - 3x clubs (Smithfield, Ingle Farm, West Croydon) that have a large following of very vocal, enthusiastic and feral supporters :lol:

#LoveIn
#CareyGetOnIt
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a great years it's been in D6 thread.. let's have a look back at some of the classics..

Carey's Greatest Hits Volume 1

Them (Lockleys) and West Croydon over rated
Your all playing for second you idiots, Smithfield by the length of the straight. They'll play Trinity in the G/F.
A Grade- Smithfield
B Grade- Brahma
That's it she's all over.
Smitty by 8 goals, West Croydon by 11 points
Smitty by 23 points and Lodge by 52 points
That is all.
Oh that's it then 'Lockleys love ins' by 12 goals then if Smithfield didn't watch them play. They would've learnt soooooooo much.
Brahma to struggle
I'm just glad someone said what they really think instead of 'The love in' this forum has become. Its sickening nearly need a bucket.
Cheers for the PM's and thoughts on here lads it certainly helps.
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FINALS WEEK 3 (DRAFT)

Arch44 wrote:The fee is split between the 2 hosting clubs. Ours Saturday was 600 and Brahma in the ressies paid 400. Why we had to pay more I don't know.

Given the crowd that showed up, anyone would've thought it was an Ingle Farm home final! Brahma should send the bill to them :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

morell wrote:Mate, their coach detailed some of their payments in another thread! That and their ex coach plays for us!

zedman wrote:our emphasis this year was on putting money into awards rather than player payments..
BOG gets $200, 2nd gets $100 and 3rd gets $50 etc etc..
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't worry morell, I get what you're saying.. sides above D7 have more finances to invest into football or rather prioritise their finances differently i.e. player payments, incentives/awards etc.

Sides in D7 are either financially not capable at the moment, or regularly are C Grade sides whose clubs prioritise those finances in their A grade (D1/D2)
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No? There's your answer. When you start giving players hundred of dollars a week, you're paying players , and you're head and above the vast majority of D7 teams. That's all my point was. End of!
You're rewarding players - and not necessarily the same players each week, I think there is a big difference.

I've seen clubs where you get a base payment if you're selected in the A grade then incentives dependant on performance - that to me is paying players, but if old mate rolls up and has a blinder and gets recognised at the club with $100 instead of a meal voucher or sponsor voucher then I see that as just getting a reward for his good game.
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harry49 wrote:8 votes in 3 games, i will take that! Cam easily the best all year! Plays hard and fair and one of the nicest blokes going around. Well deserved!

Careful Hollywood, people might find out your true identity :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the coaches should discuss after games.
Only downside with coaches doing the votes is if one is a little bias or wants to push the agenda of a certain player - especially if they think that player is getting close or a chance to win the medal.

No easy answer, leave it as is, nothing is perfect but generally I think the results end up right even if a few blokes are robbed/gifted votes - anything below top 3 doesn't really count for much anyway..
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: lower grade association medals

The added benefit to morell's suggestion also is you would see a greater spread of vote getters which would increase peoples interest in the night because lets face it everyone wants to see if they poll any votes/how many/what rounds and if they beat their mates etc. even if they don't win it.
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was waiting for you Morell :lol: I believe if there is no complaints of the actual winner they have it right mate.
Morell raises a good point though, just because there are no complaints does it make it right?

Would you have complained if Wiles had won the medal, or would anyone have complained if Ashby, Cook or Garner won it?
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Do tell of these tactics Zartan has taken from you Morell....

Remove warm ups, kick more goals? :shock: :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It would be remiss of me to not make mention of yesterday's hosts Smithfield.

A lot of poor perception surrounds the Smithfield footy club (as does Ingle Farm), people seem so quick to want to judge without seeing first hand and base their opinions on rumours and innuendo or incidents years passed, but I must say the job Smithfield did yesterday was first class - the hospitality before, during after the game, the facilities, the management of crowd etc.

Gracious in defeat in the B grade in front of their very large supporter base - wouldn't have been easy for them after their season but the way they conducted themselves was a massive credit to themselves and their club.

Even partners and family who attended I spoke to couldn't stop praising the Smithfield Footy club - despite all those rubbish rumours they'd heard.

Nice ground, good facilities, quality depth in the playing group and one of the better supporter bases in the lower grades, I'm glad they've gone up - 2x years, 2x promotions - well done and good luck for the future..

#LoveIn
by The Bedge
Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kilburn... Kilburn... Kilburn... :lol:

Not against that one bit. Would be ideal. Whether they have the volunteers available given they will be playing at Alberton and whether the league want to reward them given recent battles is another thing
Surely Andy Graham can volunteer at Kilburn - he's not good enough to get a game in the GF side 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Good luck to Kilburn Saturday - I hope they can get up, a very proud club that have had their well publicised battles over recent years, but have been able to bounce back.

A strong and successful Kilburn makes for a better SAAFL.

Mega-head Galbraith to turn it on Saturday.. 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote:a coke life, 35% less sugar
eww.. All respect lost.. :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Part of me is tempted at one of the breaks to just tell the boys "Ok lads time to implement Morell's Meadow!" just so I can see the look of confusion on their face. :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Crows - most hard done by sporting club in the country :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

You're all f**king old..

/discussion :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Zartan wrote:You're all f**king old..

/discussion :lol:

Better than being a young man in an old man's body you friggin invalid.

Touché :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last training session for the footy season.. such a strange feeling - in a weird way I think I'm going to miss receiving my regular Tues/Thurs afternoon texts and phone calls with bucket loads of apologies and piss weak excuses not to train.. :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:@Zartan Where's my frggin like?????????????

LM like.png
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace..

Game - Morell

1-0
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wonder_kid wrote:Cricket coaching / captain doesnt even compare to being an a grade football coach the amount of hours a club footy coach does is amazing!

Try coaching a club with 5x senior teams and the talent varies from highly exceptional to down right spastic :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Captained my cricket side last year, and coaching a football side this year.. Very different stresses, but the hours of footy and strategy etc that goes into it, I found it easier to manage the cricket captaining by a street.. Just me though
If you're just a stand alone captain for cricket it's much easier - especially if you have a good coach that puts in the work behind the scenes. I was more referring to captain/coaches.

You're dead right about the strategy side of footy etc. compared to cricket - I spend most my week reviewing games, researching oppositions sides and planning match ups for the coming week with footy, but cricket its basically the same concept each week with some slight tinkering and I rarely bother with the opposition.
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:.Where are Ingle Farm again :oops:

Just off Montague Road, near the primary school 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Marbles getting a beat down..
image.jpg
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Danky$$ wrote:I heard it's hosie and Trev

They want someone who will take the club forward - not backwards.
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's fricking SAAFL not AFL... let the lads soak it up and enjoy the week - that's half the experience!
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Please tell me it's Shrek!? [-o< [-o< :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |