Search found more than 2917 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:This is surely all grandstanding - You were all over the chic train last week Zartan

I'm only f**king around having some fun for an otherwise boring Tuesday - just know a good bite when I see it :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

thumbs up to HT who is destined to be a very good A grade coach one day..he enjoyed a very relaxing GF win as the TOS boys didnt give the farmers a sniff all day..well done benny!

commiserations to zartan who like myself felt the sting of losing but you did some incredible things with your group this year and perhaps the win in the preliminary took to much out of them?
TOS never looked in doubt from the word go, the writing was on the wall very early - just so ferocious around the contest and quick on the outside. I think our lads were definitely spent after a month of playing high stakes footy - Lockleys, Brahma and Smithfield away was always going to take it's toll eventually, and even before that closing out the season fighting for a finals spot was tough.

Thought we had some good patches especially during the 2nd term but just couldn't hit the scoreboard - losing Brinkley with a broken foot in the 1st quarter hurt, then Brady with torn ligaments in the 2nd.. that's our two most prolific goal kickers.. throw in young Dye who was running hard from the wing concussed in the 2nd quarter we were always going to struggle late.

Probably could've gone a more defensive last quarter and tried to keep the scoreline respectable but seriously don't think it matters how much you lose by, we just needed to try and win the game - which was near on impossible with 17 on the field most of the last quarter.

Oh well these things happen, HT and his lads were outstanding - their back 6 was super strong and the ran and tackled hard.. no shame in admitting we were comprehensively beaten by a far superior outfit.
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*cough, cough* Cricket season now anyway.. see you mugs later 8)
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

marbles wrote:
Zartan wrote:Wow that's a bit harsh :shock:

calling people that shed tears as pansies after theyve spent there livelihoods to get there, possibly never reached a grand final in their lifetime, the guys got issues

Think you'll find he was being facetious
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2014/15

Enfield to possibly expand again to 6x teams this season...
Brilliant effort :-BD

How are they attracting so many players?
Over the past few seasons have managed to retain 95% of the players from the season before, whilst actively looking to recruit players during the winter to add to the stocks instead of sitting on our hands.

Also with a large member base (over 100 players last season played at least one game), it's a greater network to tap into to have players bring out a mate - only takes 10 blokes to bring out a mate and basically have another side.

It's an incredible effort considering the comp continues to decline, but also given Enfield were on the brink a few years back, having dropped back to only a couple sides and struggling for a competitive A grade.
by The Bedge
Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:If Zartan and Zedman's teams can pull off GF victories, that'd be ZZ Top.

Instead it's ZZ Flop 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Morell to coach full time in 2016?!
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

zedman wrote:did you have anything to do with this div 6 TOTY??? i am still shaking my head..
http://talkingamateurs.com.au/documents ... ar2015.pdf

Knock if off!! These were actually my thoughts when I saw it on FB:
zartan thoughts.JPG
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barclay named twice (Bench & Back Pocket)
Wheeler named on a HFF after a stellar 2 goal season
Only 1x Lockleys player - WTF?! Win games by massive amounts, play in the GF, regularly kick monster scores and can only get one picked?!
No Moss, Wiles, Smith, Aloisi, Osborn, Ascoli? All kicked more goals than Keast & Bain.
No Garner.
Beeagley over Huitema?
Keast over Kennett?
Lee Kennedy, John Harding not good enough?
Trent Norton? How? Just how?

Clearly no thought or consideration went into this side, it's embarrassing.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Apparently Manno thinks he is a cricketer?

Edited for accuracy :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the milky bar kid wrote:Ban Zartan for revealing a posters identity!!!

Just because you were named in that side :lol:

Clearly they got you and your brother mixed up ;)
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Apparently Manno thinks he is a cricketer?

Edited for accuracy :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Nevertheless he has still played in a winning GF against your mob.

FML :( :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At a guess, think the SA Footballer version would probably include Garner (Smith), Smith (Lockleys), Kennedy (Lockleys), Stormonth (Lockleys) and Paton not at CHB.

Imagine it'll probably also include Wiles, Abdulla, Cook, Moss and NO MILKY BAR KID 8) :lol:

.... just at a guess that is..
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For those who aren't keen to open the whole magazine..
TOTY.JPG
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

Carey my dear friend.. I used to love reading your banter on here, but you're losing your touch old man! :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow Medal 2015

another grub wrote:3:30 Special
Fyfe $3
Fyfe $2.75
Hannabery $26

I'll take the $3 Fyfe in that group then 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle Farm have announced all senior coaches have been reappointed for season 2016. This is a big positive for the club ensuring some stability and continuity, especially given the club has had issues over the years with regular turn over of coaches.

I believe there is also a strong push to field an under 18's side again next season.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wont be coaching at WC next season guys. Hoping to get a gig else where, so still may cross paths for a g'day and a chat.
Go you hawkers tomorrow :D
F**king joke.. hope WC know what they're doing!

You can take my job if you like - i'll go back to trying to play 8)

Incredible they didn't give you another season given what you've achieved with that group.
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

carey wrote:Let's not get carried away.

We have form when in these positions.

We've made a career out of losing from winning positions :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We still need these two to bat majority of the last 20 overs - lot of work to be done.. be great to see if Trav can double up!

Has anyone in Aus limited over stuff scored 200?

Ben Dunk last year at Nth Sydney Oval made 229 in Tasmanias score of 1/399. Qld replied with 3/402 :shock:
Ah yes! Forgot about that game!

Further proof that these games shouldn't be played on kids cricket grounds! Supposed to be first class cricket and we play on shoe boxes - what good is that to anyone?
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zampa bowls Watson with a fully..

NSW 3/93
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well that escalated quickly hahaha!
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Computer Crashed wrote:
Zartan wrote:Well that escalated quickly hahaha!

Yeh into typical he said she said dribble.
Go pick up the disgruntled players left down there Zartan.
Farms could do with a few new recruits.

Don't worry - already onto it LOL ;) :lol:
by The Bedge
Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't understand how/why they bother revised and reducing the match by 1 run and 1 over - surely they could've got through an extra 6 balls.. :shock:
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

jo172 wrote:Given one Div 1 Club in the pre-salary cap survey admitted to paying players >$100k I wonder if we'll see a mass exodus as this cub attempts to conform with the new salary cap

Or just invest more money into brown bags and tables..
by The Bedge
Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Caitlin Jenner winning "Woman of the Year 2015" - she's only been a woman for 6 months FFS! :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ross absolutely brilliant innings after struggling early, was able to absorb the pressure, get through that tough period and now cash in. Has been able to increase his strike rate to almost a run a ball - valuable lesson for young batsmen - you can always catch up balls! =D> =D>

Finishes 97no (104)
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

tkjm02 wrote:Whats wrong with oval?

In cricket season it's a sandpit.. may as well be playing beach cricket :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know Rita and he's definetely not a good bloke. Here's one from left field. Fitzroy to join Para Districts next year . Contracts already signed.
LOL
Ten day cooling off period. Could still fall through i guess.
Speaking of PDCA - Enfield have officially applied to have a 2nd side entered in the PDCA comp.

First time in the clubs history we have fielded 6x senior sides, so pretty exciting times.. next steps - training nets to be completed, and start a junior program..
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Question is - when Fitzroy return to PDCA, will Dr Phil return... or is he happy in his new home at Salisbury West?
by The Bedge
Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations PAG

Nek minnut.. announces retirement from footy.. :lol:

Congrats Pag, enjoy the day!
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Chick at work thought she'd be funny and stick my phone handset down with blue tack so I couldn't pick it up..

So I changed all the keys around on her keyboard. She cant touch type, so just spent a few minutes getting frustrated and upset because she couldn't login into her computer... then locked herself out of the system from too many failed login attempts.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cant.. Stop.. Laughing!!
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Milly wrote:Wehrman to ton up this week for Rose Park

I would support that prediction.. I think he will go nuts this week and rack up a big score very rapidly.

Over rated hack

Says the bloke whose failing to fire a shot with the bat in a piss poor Grade 3 at Salisbury North.. That's rich ;)
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v WA Shield

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:2/102
Fergie's out for 26
Cossi stuck on 49 and

Dropped earlier in the over by Klinger as well, thought Ferg may have been a little more cautious.
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fixed haha!! 9th December.. misread the text :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would like to thank old mate @carey for the drunken phone call to explain to me how/why we are so sh*t hahaha!! Geez I've missed your drunken calls :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From our phone chat last night:

carey wrote:I've taken more wickets than I've bowled overs.. I'm 21no as well I'm gonna ton up

Sorry bud but 31 overs is more than 8 wickets :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New coaches - 2016

Knackers wrote:I cant believe Para Hills were able to announce their new senior coach before anyone had posted a thing on here about Scott Bamford stepping down.
Either Para Hills are really good at keeping things in house or you guys on here are slipping!!

Maybe no one cared.
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Fine. I'll coach them to premiership glory I suppose. (-| :-$
by The Bedge
Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v NZ - Test Series

Lightning McQueen wrote:
am Bays wrote:
That's what is great bout the internet, people staing opinions without any factual basis!!!

Not on this site.

at safooty we make our own facts 8)
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yank Man wrote:Morell is on a self imposed SA Footy ban

morell myth #43 - a self imposed SA Footy ban is guaranteed to make you a better coach...

:D
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Michael Clarke

I don't see an issue with any of those comments - lets not forget he hasn't just come out and decided to have a crack at these blokes, these are guys who had a dig at him when he retired and he's merely defending himself and shedding his versions of events etc.

He also never had a personal dig at Matt Hayden's playing ability, just his misunderstanding over the bat-pad comment.

As for Buchanan come on lets be serious, he's right.. anyone could've coached that squad to world domination.. he had the best players in the world at his disposal!

Clarke isn't the first to say anything about Buchanan either..
"Warne has consistently held that Buchanan tended to reinvent everything and complicate all aspects of the game"
"His unorthodox methods have raised a few eyebrows and Shane Warne was dismissive about his role in the team."
"During the second season of the IPL, Buchanan's strategies for KKR raised a lot of controversies which were further elevated because of the team's poor performance"
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Looks like all the state blokes are playing tomorrow. That's good - can't lose outright by an innings then put the feet up for a breather. It's only a one dayer too. It's amazing how strong all the teams look with just 1-2 extra quality players.
Just imagine how strong it will look with a reduction of grade clubs and more concentration of top end players.. :D 8)
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Preseason before Xmas is definitely not necessary if you have a properly structured preseason program and clear objectives and of course everyone works hard.

The biggest downside to preseason before Xmas is players are burnt out by mid year, and given players aren't the most disciplined plenty have a big Xmas/New Year period and undo all the good work.

Nope if I was a head coach I would be starting mid Jan and having 5x sessions a fortnight.
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Regarding pre xmas training - each to their own I reckon. Personally I am a fan of having a few runs just to get everyone together and lay the ground rules. I also like to set expectations for post xmas return conditioning, that way players know what is expected and hopefully if they are serious about their footy and success they will come back in better shape. There is not a lot of time between mid Jan and Round 1 (approx. 11 weeks). Its also important for new recruits to be introduced to the other players as soon as possible. Nothing wrong with mates getting together and having a bit of a run. Don't see how having a few runs and then a 3-4 weeks xmas break is gonna lead to burn out!
11 weeks is ample time.
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

haha...if that was the case....how come you went to the Gym everyday last week?
1. I'm starting well behind the rest of the pack.
2. 11 weeks is ample if the program is prepared correctly.. if you cant build up a strong fitness base in that time then you must be doing something wrong or not working hard enough.
3. I'm self motivated, these other clowns are not :P
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Cheers mate.
Zartan looks like if it stays as is we are straight in to it

Ding, ding... Game on 8)
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:I hear rumours of a favourite son may be returning to mawson's.

O'Gorman
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

150's to them both
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus. v NZ - Test Series / Shaun Marsh Appreciation Threa

Have played in a few t20 recently where we have used pink balls (obviously not to the same standard of the test balls) but did the fielding aspect a lot tougher with the link ball. It felt to be a lot harder than the red ball and despite having 20/20 vision I found the pink ball hard to catch as for someone it came more as a blur/flash and the outline was hard to pick up.

Once again not sure how close the kookaburra pink balls we were using are to the test balls but I think Lyon coming on later than expected to bowl was due to the ball. I opened the bowling with my mmmmmm offies (being kind to my self) and it was almost impossible to grip the pink ball and try and turn one, it was very slippery
Yep totally agree with this, I've found the same - we played a T20 under lights last week, and I struggled to pick up the ball when I was batting until it was well out of the bowlers hand - first few balls just was a coloured blur.. then when the ball was travelling along the ground I couldn't pick it up at all.. and I also thought they felt a lot harder than a normal ball..

.. except unlike you I can still rip em square :P
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |