Search found more than 2913 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

zedman wrote:"All that said, we will leave Interchange numbers as originally advised of 22 in the A Grade & 23 in the Reserve grade but all Reserve Grade Matches will be a flat 22 Minutes not 25 minutes as proposed. "

happy bedge?

What Bedge wants, Bedge gets. 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

I thought we were just flattening the curve before going back to a bit of normality.
It's a good point, one that seems to have been forgotten the longer this has gone on.

I cant help but think there are people benefiting from this and are happy to drag it out as long as possible to keep in the spotlight and remain relevant.

As a nation, you have to go back to 8th April for the last time we reached triple figures for new cases in a day.
by The Bedge
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

zedman wrote:tim since he was a squirt, the whole family bleed chocolate and blue..

Tim.png
by The Bedge
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2020

Played at Elizabeth last year, would struggle to make their bench this year.
Why do people do that? Downplay or rubbish a player when they leave like they’re no good?

Blokes been a consistent A grader at Elizabeth for a number of years, acting like he’s not in the mix reeks of arrogance.

Was there really any need to add your opinion on where you think he may or may not have played? Surely just saying he played at Elizabeth last year would’ve sufficed.
by The Bedge
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

oldbomber wrote:Pretty piss poor by Freeling really. To announce this after June 30 clearance cut off disadvantages their players preventing them playing elsewhere also after fixture was released. A deliberate and calculated move perhaps?

Players can still move on a COVID permit.
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Wednesday Weigh in

17/06/2020 = 107.9kg
24/06/2020 = 108.1kg
01/07/2020 = 107.4kg

Looking into a rowing machine, hopefully purchase one when I get my tax return back.. for now will just continue my walking/cycling/slow jogging.

Doing a June/July walk challenge on Strava - Complete a 60min walk, hike or wheelchair activity twice a week for 8 weeks.. 5 weeks complete.
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Don’t know the circumstance around the clearance, but I think throwing the mental health line around is ordinary.

Yes it’s a difficult time we are in, and it’s unprecedented.. but I do know there are plenty of blokes who are happy to put their hand out for incentives when the going is good, happy to jump ship for a pay day, no thought or care to how they leave the club behind.. I’m sure mental health doesn’t play a factor when negotiating those dollar signs.

Fisher may not be one of those blokes.. but given there is history, as an outsider you gotta wonder - is it Broadies, or is it him?
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SPORTS TG

Speaking of which.. does anyone else have the issues when looking at results of adds popping up and blocking half the bloody screen? Makes it impossible to change grades.. or if I open in a different browser half the time I cant even see results or fixtures coz they're hidden by adds.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

Ladder after Round 1
2 - Hope Valley - 66.10%
2 - Pembroke OS - 59.17%
2 - Morphettville Park - 55.24%
2 - Kilburn - 54.84%
2 - Walkerville - 51.77%
---------------------------------
0 - Woodville South 48.23%
0 - Gepps Cross 45.16%
0 - Pulteney 44.76%
0 - Mitcham 40.83%
0 - SMOSH 33.90%

Round 2
Gepps Cross vs Walkerville
Pembroke OS vs Kilburn
Morphettville Park vs Hope Valley
Woodville South vs Pulteney
SMOSH vs Mitcham

A couple of critical games in a shortened season this week - Geppies hosting Walkies will be a beauty. The Rams expected to be around the mark this season, and lost a close one to Kilburn at the weekend ruing missing opportunities with bad kicking.. whilst Walkies also kicked bad but did enough to hold off Woody South. Gepps wont want to start 0-2, whilst Walkerville will be eager to maintain their perfect start and maintain a buffer over the winless sides, or fall right back with the pack.

The other critical game is Woodville South and Pulteney. Both coming off losses, and with only 7 games remaining after his, neither can afford to go 0-2.. especially with the predicted top sides still to face. Loser will finish bottom 3.

SMOSH will bounce back and make their move, but the win from Hope Valley Saturday has set them up beautifully - they've knocked off a side who barely lost a game last year and did it in such emphatic fashion their percentage looks very healthy... no doubt in a division that will prove tight, Saturdays win is worth two games.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How good is it having footy back! :D

Stuff all in Sumner's bump too IMO.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:You turn it up. The only bigger dive I have seen is on the Sportsbet ad :lol:

Your Fitzroy bias outshining your West Croydon bias. :D
by The Bedge
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

redyellow&blue wrote:the GF in 2019 wasn't moved because of any fights between WC and FFC.

.. bet it was :P
by The Bedge
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Why is it that these two clubs can't go through one game without punching on with each other? :lol:

Passionate about winning the Archibald Cup
by The Bedge
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I kind of agree with some aspects of what he said (god help me), the mainstream media has continued to blow this up and talk about it like the end of the world.. but at the same time they're keeping people informed, and they know that "scary" stuff attracts more viewers/readers etc so its good business for them to keep pumping it up.

I also think the media pushing it every day keeps it at the forefront of peoples minds to stop complacency creeping in, looking at Victoria over the past week or so, you can see how quickly this can escalate .

What I don't agree with AJ is using the stats to support his argument - whilst 99% might be mild, and a mortality rate of less than 1%, the reality is if we let this run wild we would overwhelm our hospitals and support and those figures would increase drastically.. and impact other areas.

I also hate how he and others bring other deaths into it.. like "but but smoking has killed dissa many people this year!" Just STFU!
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

13.3 A player who plays in a team which then has a bye in the following Minor Round shall not play in the lower Division in the following week of Minor Round matches unless the player has played the majority of their matches in the current season in such lower Division.
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:EFA

:lol:

…. wanker ;)
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wednesday Weigh in

17/06/2020 = 107.9kg
24/06/2020 = 108.1kg
01/07/2020 = 107.4kg
08/07/2020 = 107.1kg

Soo close to the 106, hopefully by end of the week!
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We need "safooty - the purge".. where all posts are legal for a couple hours. :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:they can have drinks, they just have to come to the sidelines to get one

You can have water runners deliver their personal bottles to them on field.. but no sharing.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Computer Crashed wrote:Put the cue in the rack.
Lockleys by the length of the straight :roll: :roll: :roll:
Bahahahahaha

Can they stack up come finals footy though?
by The Bedge
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

Dirty Darryl wrote:wat a joke!!!!! heads need to roll those lost points could cost finals and cost a coach his job!!!

:lol: :lol:

Settle down - it's D7, not AFL
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to the players though who seemed to just get on with the game didn't remonstrate a whole lot.
Probably because (as bad as it may sound), there wasn't a lot in it to the naked eye.. just a good tackle that unfortunately went wrong.

You'd see 100 tackles the same on a weekend, it was just incredibly unlucky he happened to have both his arms pinned down and then the momentum of the tackler forced him into the ground more as he rolled up and over.

I thought the big fella losing control of the ball played a part - seemed to lose focus for a split second as he tried to regather the ball.

Poor bloke, terrible injury - no one wants to see that sort of stuff.. sadly still a risk in the game. Hopefully he makes a fully and quick recovery with no long term impacts.
by The Bedge
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Just had a player pull out of A grade for the weekend...

…. he's got a cooking class with the misso!? :shock:

What the Actual F....!!!!
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wednesday Weigh in

17/06/2020 = 107.9kg
24/06/2020 = 108.1kg
01/07/2020 = 107.4kg
08/07/2020 = 107.1kg
15/07/2020 = 109.6kg
22/07/2020 = 108.3kg

Half back on track, still ruing that bad week last week though... footy back now too it's so easy to grab something from the barbie and sink a few cold ones during the day - especially on Sunday's after junior footy coz that's really my only down time to wind down and do what I want.
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sass! wrote:He chased one of our blokes down from behind in round 18 last year and caught him holding the ball.

Jesus, how slow is your bloke?! :shock: :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apachebulldog wrote:They had no trouble in Northern Italy of getting footage in an ICU.

Northern Italy is not Australia.
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

booney and days.PNG
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

Where are they now? Good reading in these pages.. enjoyed this snippet below :lol:

Wonder if S Demon's views on Sandery have changed since he took them to a flag last year :P

The new 'A' Grade Coach at Tea Tree Gully this year is both under 30 and playing.
Pretty confident he is going to get the job done well...
A big purse to spend makes his job a tad easier...
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big fricky signs for walkerville

zedman wrote:never heard of him..

The disrespect! Appalling!
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Yes young coaches can be successfull, age shouldn't be a factor or barrier if the person is capable of doing the job.

What would you know?

He's no Bedge. 8)
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why would we go back into a lockdown when we are receiving such little numbers of confirmed cases?

If we were forced to revert back a few months over basically nothing, then you’d see some real anger/frustrating/backlash
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:why is Freddy Agius playing as 1 point makes no sense to me

Coz he was 2pts last year, now he's 1.

Try and keep up weasel :P
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Off The Wall wrote:
jake the snake wrote:Needs to have played 25 games for Smithfield before round one to be -1

He is still under 18, so is viewed as a junior still, thus -1. When he is over 18, then his junior playing history is looked at to determine points at whichever club he plays for

Wouldn't have thought.
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did anyone else watch that movie 'Young Einstein' as a kid, and believe it was a true story based on the life of Albert Einstein? :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Pembroke: 48-60 points

Not often wrong, but right again.
by The Bedge
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You got this Spargo! Fire up!
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Easy to criticise, what would you do as coach Bedge?
Bring players off who are critical to long term success.
Try players in different positions.
Not race the ball back to the middle after each goal.
Experiment with different setups.
Crack a beer at 1/2 time.

Sadly I don't think I've ever been in that position so cant say what i'd do. :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:There is probably a fair chance they did all of the above.

Piss off back to the SFL threads! 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

The BLM organisers in Sydney trying to push on with their protest. Seriously don't understand the urgency. I hope they do a last minute change of mind as they have probably garnered more publicity now than they would have any other "normal" time.
Just stay home and isolate, if NSW goes the wrong way then we will all be more affected.
Bloody selfish if they go ahead!
My mind boggles as to why they would go ahead.. what possible good can come from it? In fact, if everything goes pear shaped, it'll only set the cause further back and create a larger divide.

All these people lately who seem to think they're above and beyond the rest of the country are really shitting me to tears - these idiots filming themselves getting through road blocks, or Karens at Bunnings, or BLM protests or whatever.

ME ME ME ME ME that's all they're about.
by The Bedge
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pembroke vs Pulteney
Cracking day for footy Saturday, sun was shining, birds were singing, beers were flowing.. the kind of Saturday you cop either Round 1 or first week of finals.

Game started well enough, both sides having ample opportunities, but unable to convert. A couple of soft free kicks the only interesting factor for the 1st term as the Kings took a 4 point lead into the break.

Second quarter went much like the first, Pengelly was well held in the middle, delivery into the F50 hurt Forster and Evans, and Curnow was being matched in the ruck. Pulteney at the other end didn't seem to have a viable goal scoring option and struggled to find any fluency heading forward.

The second half was mostly one way traffic, Worrall stamped his authority on the game, firstly dominating the ruck during the 3rd term but then taking intercept mark after intercept mark across the wing/half back line, and releasing Iannucci who ran riot off the back flank. The speed of ball use from half back enabled the forwards space to work into and the result - 7 goals to 1 third quarter.. the game was over.

Blues continued to try and plug away, the heat sapping the energy from players tired legs and guys who had come up a grade experiencing the difficulty of extended quarters. Worrall's ruck influence was curbed in the last, Pengelly and Connors still well held but it was Iannucci and Webster that cut the side to shreds and 10 goals between Forster & Evans showed how potent those two can be in combination.

In the end Kings ran away 59 points the victor to remain unbeaten and atop the ladder as we reach the rough halfway mark of the season.

The percentage blow to Pulteney could prove costly, and a super critical game this weekend vs SMOSH ahead.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tigerpie wrote:So apparently "Karen" is a professional psychic and has been since she was 9..

Wonder if she saw coronavirus coming?
by The Bedge
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Reading the last page and a bit made me laugh.
by The Bedge
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1985-1995ish for me
I'd have to agree with this era, with the peak being sometime around the mid-nineties.
Agree even now I watch more games from this era than current games - just a far better spectacle.. not over umpired, genuine 1v1 contests, power forwards, shoot outs, foot skills on both feet, plodders with footy brains not robotic athletes who are over coached but lack basic fundamentals.

I also liked the various grounds, and clubs having a "home", and the different muddy conditions served up in poor weather.

Everything now is so generic.
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasn't there a comment about deportation, then the comment about their lips looking like baboons butts, where are Baboons from? - Africa (or the Arabian peninsula)

Make sense to me and I don't see the issue with the comment. He was saying their lips looked like baboons arses... and baboons are from Africa...
Oh there was a need to make that connection to where baboons come from was there?

You just sound like a drunken wife beater, must be from Ireland. :P
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Must admit I took no offence from what you said as I though it was obvious you were referring to their ridiculous lips and not their nationality.
Maybe the others hadn't seen a pic of them yet and jumped to a conclusion?
Anyway, nothing to see here IMHO.
Waft! Absolutely zero need to reference a country.. this would've sufficed:

Their faces look like a baboon's arse.
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Junior Boon, 24, playing footy tomorrow for the first time in 6 years. This is going to be gold.

Oh, and they asked me to play! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FFS if I knew I could source players via safooty I would've hit you and Jnr Boon up!!
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Conversation went :

Him - Want to play Saturday?

Me - =)) =)) =)) =))

Him - Soft.

Me - Yes.

Pissweak Booney..

.. I just got BT's voice in my head calling out "Llllllllllllllooooooyyyyyyddd!!!"" :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chips and gravy still quality.

Most likely be with the A grade.. if we can field a side this week, it's getting tough. :lol:

Will pop in post game though, before I head off to a bucks show. 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Lightning McQueen wrote:He wouldn't hear that too often.

Correction, not used to hearing "Always welcome back." 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Clubs can hire out plastic chairs with purchase of drinks for $1 :D
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |