Search found more than 2900 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

the milky bar kid wrote:I had to take off straight after the game unfortunately, which robbed me of the opportunity to meet the forums own Zedman.

Wait.. hope you at least shook hands :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

p.s. Why talk like he can't see this? Why not just ask him straight out?
Half Back Flanker is this true?
by The Bedge
Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

morell wrote:That’s enough for now, I get the feeling people want to do a bit more matey ocker back slapping and self congratulatory circle jerks.

Maybe people just want to discuss actual football in D7, not the politics and reasoning behind allocations of teams in grades which isnt going to change now?
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just seems to me they are gradually eliminating their perceived "problem" clubs:
Wingfield Royals
Ovingham
Paralowie
Kaurna Eagles/Glandore
TransAdelaide Tigers
Salisbury Central
Ferryden Park
Mile End Cats
Woodville District
Westfields
Taperoo
Royal Park
The Parks
Croydon

Perhaps to come:
North Pines
Salisbury West
Smithfield
Central United
Mitchell Park
Brahma Lodge
Eastern Park
Angle Vale
West Croydon
Ingle Farm
Elizabeth

Anyone who may make the Old Scholars Cartel feel a little uncomfortable will gradually be eliminated.
Trolling 101 with LGIL :D
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not knowing first hand what's happening. I would have thought some of the problems are highlighted in your statement above. Most clubs don't do this but i would have thought it would be better to make a decision earlier than to let it fester. Surely the club knows what's best and is always more important than the individual.
Would it have been "left to fester" if Brahma were 3-0?
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tomorrow will give a greater indication of just how good Smithfield are.

When was the last time they would've faced a side the calibre and structure of Lockleys? At a guess would've been a while, and have had some softer games along the way - if they're not fully prepared for tomorrow then I think we will see Lockleys go a game clear on top..
by The Bedge
Fri May 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
X Runna wrote:
marbles wrote:
BZB27 wrote:HT
Houghton 6.5
North Pines 4.5

will probably end up a draw i reckon ;)

still a tool.......

Actually, it was a draw...well played Marbles.

Not so well played X runna ;)

A prediction 4hrs after the result doesn't make Marbles Nostradamus :lol:
by The Bedge
Sun May 03, 2015 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 stuff

May as well just outlaw the bump altogether now.

After the bump is gone, what is the next progression to turning the sport into a soccer/netball hybrid? No contact? Zones? :roll:

Isn't 2 blokes going for the ball at the same time physical?
Yeah i'm just sick of the ambiguity that seems to surround the bump everytime some one gets hit - and even more the level of punishment dished out.

I understand contact to the head is forbidden, but the game is played at a fair speed and decisions are split second - are players supposed to calculate if they're too tall to bump or work out the odds of making head contact? Why cant players just go hard at it and realise occasionally there will be accidents through no deliberate fault?
by The Bedge
Wed May 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Bounce

My life is now complete ;)
by The Bedge
Fri May 08, 2015 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Team of the Week" in the SA Footballer magazine..
D6.JPG
by The Bedge
Fri May 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you don't like where a club sings their song - don't lose :D
by The Bedge
Sat May 09, 2015 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Leading Goal Kickers:
A Grade
24 - Tim Aloisi (Brahma Lodge)
16 - Cam McKinnon (West Croydon)
14 - Adam Moss (Smithfield)
12 - Adam Tuckwell (Fitzroy)
12 - Adrian Zorich (TOS)

B Grade
17 - Dwayne Nisbet (Smithfield)
15 - Matthew Lehman (Brahma Lodge)
14 - David Campbell (West Croydon)
14 - Matthew Perry (TOS)
10 - Shawn Anderson (West Croydon)
by The Bedge
Mon May 11, 2015 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I need to know.. are you allowed to buy properties on the first lap of the board or do you need to complete one full lap first? Reckon this rule caused more punch ups than anything back in the day :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon May 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:We were playing that game where you have a logo and you have to guess the brand. Up came the Volkswagen logo.

I said "Vee Dub".

She said "nope, wrong, its Volkswagen on the card"

I walked out.

Rules sticklers can go jump.

=)) =)) =)) =))
by The Bedge
Mon May 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great catch wrote:He was our full foward but swaped at chf gonna be interesting to see were he goes

Dwayne Nisbet bags of 4, 7, 6 in the B grade - is he getting close to an A grade call up?
by The Bedge
Mon May 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the players who got in your way were not the same players that sung on the field. Which ones called for the count? This has all got pretty confusing.
Please dont try and resurrect this discussion haha!
AV B Grade trained at the wrong end
AV B Grade called the player count
AV A Grade sung on the oval

Come on mate keep up :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon May 11, 2015 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote:The calls for Ellingham to step up into the ones to make a deadly combo up forward grow louder by the week!

Maybe if he had 2x extra goals to his name on the weekend.. :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and worst grounds.

zedman wrote:
Based on visitor changerooms
Best
blackfriars oval, whilst horrible, does have great visitor facilities...

Their 'home' change rooms are extremely good, but never was a fan of the visiors rooms with the bench/rack whatever you call it in the middle of the room
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#morell #trendsetter

#GiveMorgsHisGoalsBack

:D 8)
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2015 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Shut down a sides 2 key forwards and they lack fire power? Ground breaking stuff that..

If you outscore your opposition, you'll win.

Unless they call for a player count? :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed May 13, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ux2xWgJZjo

We're having a go too. Lots of credit to SAFooty's kicks.like.a.girl for putting in all the hard work to do the filming and editing.
Did you guys hear back? We missed out in the first round Pag Q
I get the impression SFC is a family club.. ;)
by The Bedge
Wed May 13, 2015 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Phil Jacques to coach QLD
by The Bedge
Wed May 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jason Gillespie considering SA coaching job

Some rumours have been poking around Lehmann will step down after the Ashes!
Why on earth would he do that? Is just getting started!
I've heard similar - I think more around the amount of travel and time commitment required, and also apart from the "come home" factor, the challenge of trying to resurrect SA cricket - and also have a closer hand in his son's development.

Whether it happens or not is another thing..
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2015 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kane Cornes' book

Why did he commit himself to this season then? Im sure it just hasn't happened in the last month. He has denied a youngster being brought into the club and starting his career. When things get tough this year can other players just quit also?
To be fair, it's hard to know where his thought process was at at the start of the year - he may well have been committed to the full year and beyond, but as the season got closer and begun perhaps that passion has dropped away.

People retire all the time from AFL football, often suddenly and mid-season, no one bats an eyelid and celebrate their career yet he's being selfish?

If he turned around and announced his retirement and said his body couldn't handle it anymore, no one would care... if he then joined the firies a week later no one would care.. but because he's announced a change in career he's selfish?!
by The Bedge
Thu May 14, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C4 - season 2015

I can confirm the person suspended has accepted his punishment, as well as a 12 month club imposed ban in which he has some work to do over that time including:

* He has entered into a Mental Health Plan to help him deal with anxiety and depression issues he is currently battling, and address triggers
* Will be required to undertake and successfully complete an Anger Management programme organised by the club to help educate and rehabilitate him.
* Is expected to complete a Coaching General Principles course (especially Rules & Regulations).
* Will complete a letter of apology to the IFFC C Grade for his actions and the effect it has had on them.
* Speak to the Junior football side of the club about his actions and the impact it has had on his life and football playing "career" (for lack of better work).

At 24 years of age, and having never been involved in any incidents previously - through junior football, senior football and life in general, the club will continue to provide support and guidance to Anthony moving forward to deal with this and receive the help he needs.

This was and will remain an isolated incident, and the club is undertaking measures to ensure that is does not happen again in the future.

The Advertiser article paints a bleak picture of the football club, but the facts remain that over the past 4 years or so the club has worked tirelessly to change a negative image and the onfield conduct has been for the most part exemplary - especially in the higher grades, there have been no reports or suspensions in the A, B or C Grades since 2011.

Hope this clears up for all and sundry and can leave it at that and move on...
by The Bedge
Thu May 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Grade
10 - Lockleys
10 - Smithfield
06 - West Cryodon
06 - Trinity OS
06 - Ingle Farm
-------------------------------
06 - Fitzroy
04 - Brahma Lodge
00 - Mawson Lakes
00 - Central United

B Grade
10 - Trinity OS
08 - Smithfield
08 - Brahma Lodge
08 - Ingle Farm
06 - Lockleys
-----------------------------
04 - West Croydon
04 - Fitzroy
00 - Mawson Lakes
00 - Central United

Beginning to seriously tighten up in both grades - no side can afford to slip up.
by The Bedge
Mon May 18, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Think about the precedent this would create - employers, social groups and clubs being responsible for individuals posts on social media. Absolutely absurd and to be honest it reeks of people not understanding social media and trying to control and regulate it. More often than not, the organisations that do try and regulate it end up feeling the full force of its wrath.

Too late, it already happens, our workplace have a very strict social media policy. I used to have a lot of work friends on FB, until one day i had a whinge about a particular customer and someone fed it back to my TM.

All work "friends" bar those I see out of work were subsequently dumped the next day.
SBS have sacked journalists for having an opinion on social media.

One of them is suing SBS now.
Paid professionals though, not D6 or lower amateur footballers playing for the social/enjoyment aspect that is supposed to be the underlying reason people continue to play sport.
by The Bedge
Thu May 21, 2015 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:The Lodge have the long trek down Main North Road passing through 4 sets of traffic lights to take on the winless but competitive Mawson Lakes.

Did anyone else just count the sets of traffic lights in their head when reading this? :lol: :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu May 21, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A. Cotter with a Lockleys logo.. Say it isn't so!
You'd think the people running this publication would be careful with getting simply things like spelling of names and what sides they played for correct! :shock:

Not like it's difficult - go to sportingpulse :roll:

*edit* - guess that's one less Ingle Farm will need to worry about Saturday then :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu May 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Sass! wrote:Modbury are roughly $4 for a tinny.

Found my new club for 2016! :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon May 25, 2015 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote:Having said that I think IF 'B' grade would have exposed our lack of work ethic and spread on the weekend, was very impressed with the way they played

:shock:
11.15.81 to 3.5.23 = 26 scoring shots to 8... tough critic - no wonder you're top :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon May 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

Dogwatcher wrote:Odds are out on his replacement already:

Crownbet wrote:
Lightning McQueen $700

I'll have $50 on LM! 8)
by The Bedge
Tue May 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Well done to the Fitzroy Football Club tomorrow doing the heritage Guernsey and recognising their current and past indigenous players. A first in the Amateur league I think?

Kilburn did similar a few years back
by The Bedge
Fri May 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heart stopper at Ingle Farm - tight last quarter in the rain, West Croydon hit the lead after trailing all day, Ingle Farm fought their way back and then The Milky Bar Kid stepped up.. Injected himself.. Clutch player.. Calmly slots one from 85m on a sharp angle..

Wiles missed open goal in the last minute, Farmers hold on by 2pts.
by The Bedge
Sat May 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You have to go back to Round 12, June 29, 2013 to find when Smithfield were last beaten in a match - that's an incredible display of sustained success!
by The Bedge
Sun May 31, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mass debate with Morell

Footy Chick wrote:and you love the sound of your own voice ;)

Indeed i do 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best player since 2000

marbles wrote:My opinion - Paul Chapman (Geelong would have nothing without chappy) easily the most valuable player of the era IMO

There's a difference between Best player and most valuable - sort your crap out.

For me -
Best Player: GAJ
Most Valuable: Nick Riewoldt
by The Bedge
Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big game for Mitchell Park this week. Beat Salisbury West and they remain in contention to play finals.

Biggest game of the year for us so far Q. Finals is way past our thoughts at the minute, we are as the great quote goes 'one game at a time' but if we put our A grade game together for 4 quarters then who knows. The group is still gelling and getting to know what we can do as a team. Rome wasn't built in a day but it did get built. :)
Surely you can squeeze in a few more cliches :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

zedman wrote:
Zartan wrote:Wonder if Smithfield know Abdulla has gone back to Central United :shock: :lol:

kennedy didnt play last round..fair effort from the bar i reckon.. ;)

:oops: :oops:
by The Bedge
Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smithfield ran out comfortable winners in bother grades - after leading by a few goals deep into the 3rd term, they flicked the switch in the last and turned it on, blowing the score line out.

Fantastic hospitality, appreciate the jugs after the game, and both games played in good spirits but not short of competitiveness.

B Grade umpire from Smithfield would have to be the best umpire I've seen do a reserve grade game, he was fantastic and would probably be better than most the A grade umpires in this division.

Overal regardless of result, an enjoyable afternoon out Smiffies.
by The Bedge
Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it true Tim Aloisi played ressies for Glenelg today? :shock:
by The Bedge
Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll wear that if it was directed at the wrong person not a problem. Apology is out there. Apology accepted..

But it Doesn't matter what or who, unless they were actually there and saw the incident they shouldn't be judging what happened at all..
I would be pretty confident that Arch44 was at the game..
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting moment on Saturday for this black duck when I was sideline coach and saw that North Pines had too many on the field at the start of the last quarter.

Could only chuckle silently to myself after they cottoned on and quickly got him off the ground.

"Don't worry, North Pines, we're not Angle Vale" was heard from the crowd.
:lol: :lol: That's a ripper!

There was an interesting moment at the Ingle Farm/Smithfield game Saturday where the Ingle Farm B Grade started warming up at the Smithfield end.. Smithfield did their lap and then plonked themselves smack bang in the middle of the Ingle Farm warm up - they got the message quick smart and p*ssed off to the other end :lol: :lol:

*edit* - reckon a few of the younger kids from Ingle Farm may have required a change in jocks and shorts as well :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:Labelling the whole angle vale club is a bit harsh when it was one person who made the call to call a count ( me )

No it isnt - organisations get held accountable for individuals actions everyday... ;)
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Grade
16 - Smithfield
14 - Lockleys
12 - Trinity OS
08 - West Croydon
08 - Ingle Farm
-------------------------------
08 - Fitzroy
06 - Brahma Lodge
04 - Mawson Lakes
04 - Central United

B Grade
16 - Brahma Lodge
14 - Trinity OS
14 - Smithfield
10 - Lockleys
08 - Ingle Farm
-----------------------------
07 - Fitzroy
06 - West Croydon
02 - Mawson Lakes
01 - Central United

Round 11:
Brahma Lodge (7th A / 1st B) vs Smithfield (1st A / 3rd B)
Fitzroy (6th A / 6th B) vs Trinity OS (3rd A / 2nd B)
Lockleys (2nd A / 4th B) vs Ingle Farm (5th A / 5th B)
Central United (9th A / 9th B) vs West Croydon (4th A / 7th B)

Mawson Lakes - Bye
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Leading Goal Kickers:
A Grade
32 - Alex Cotter (TOS)
30- Tim Aloisi (Brahma Lodge)
31 - Michael Ashby (Smithfield)
25 - Adam Moss (Smithfield)
24 - Cam McKinnon (West Croydon)

B Grade
42 - Matthew Lehman (Brahma Lodge)
23 - Dwayne Nisbet (Smithfield)
18 - Matthew Perry (TOS)
16 - David Campbell (West Croydon)
14 - Brian Rudgley (Brahma Lodge)
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the milky bar kid wrote:Text book straight bat defense!

8)
Not sure if Zedman or Rahul Dravid #TheWall.JPG
by The Bedge
Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*please note, I do not want to incur the wrath of Zedman in anyway prior to this weekends match up! ;)

thats right..i have to find someone to annoy you all day..thanks for the reminder MBK i nearly forgot! :)

Send 5, I doubt it'll affect my performance this week ;) :lol:
Better make it your best 5 too :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting round of games coming up.. All results will have a major bearing on ladder positions, important game for all 8 clubs involved, makes for an exciting division

BLFC v SFC in the reserves will be a beauty..can the lodge pull off an upset in the A grade? I think BL can win in the reserves - dont think they can pull off an upset in the A grade, although the smaller ground at BL should work in their favour.

CUFC v WCFC in the A grade is an interesting game as well..possibly closer than we thought it would be a month ago.. Agreed, real danger game for WC.. CU led almost all day against TOS before falling over in the last qtr

LFC v IFFC in the reserves is a pivotal game with 4th v 5th and i expect the A grade to be a tussle like last time.. Lockleys by plenty in both - averaging something ridiculous like 80pt winning margins in recent weeks and Ingle Farm have shown a decline in form in both grades.

FFC v TOSFC could be a slight danger game for the tossers but not in the B grade. TOS continue to get out of jail, but should easily account for FFC in both grades .
by The Bedge
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

well done on the win mate..deservedly so..we saw your lads had a fun filled afternoon!

not sure why there were so many injuries yesterday..we had no bench as well by half time pretty much..how is the lad with the badly broken ankle?
Cheers, very annoying trip back home listening to the clowns though!
Lad who broke his leg won't play again, hanging up the boots - impact too much on work and family etc.. He was understandably very upset last night, and I'm gutted as he would just about be leading the B grade B&F :(

Now no more friendly discussion we may upset Carey :lol: :lol:
by The Bedge
Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |