Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

any early tips for the medal???

as far as Hahndorf is concerned scott paul and darcy hourigan must be polling well.

I saw Echunga play and pete Lindsay was outstanding, I am sure he must be polling.
and Thompson from Blackwood was outstanding the day I saw him too.

I thought Lindsay would win it last year but he only polled 6 votes couldn't believe it. Tim Jenkins always polls well for Lobe, Jennings from echunga has been very good and probably Hitchcock would poll well for us.
Thompson would be close to Favourite he's been fantastic and Paul for you guys has been consistently good.

good summative sniper....sounds like both teams had opportunities.

do people agree that both TV and Hahndorf are going to be there when the whips are cracking???
who are the others, or is the picture still murky?

It's a cracking season I think any of the top 7 could win on their day, My tip probably would still be echunga but Hahndorf have been superb as have TV. I don't think Uri's will win it but you never know and it's crazy that Lobethal aren't even in the 5. Blackwood have gone unnoticed this year but are playing really solid football. Going to be a fascinating final 8 rounds. Wouldn't surprise me if Barker cause a few upsets on the way home also.

Echunga are still favourites in my eyes. Not sure what happens with Carey at the end of the season, he seems to be in the crows best squad very easily at the moment. Echunga have a few injuries and as long as they can get themselves to the top 3 they will make the Grand Final. Torrens Valley 2nd best side I believe. Very big forward line capable of kicking 20 plus goals. Echunga’s weakness is their back half so they would be nervous about The Lions. Handorf are very capable, you quick and exciting. If Wittwer comes back and Darc keeps playing all year they will take some beating, backline is very under rated. Lobey and Blackwood are the roughies for me, if they finish top 5 they could both win it. We saw the other week what Lobey were capable of. Ironbank and Uraidla are two very good sides who IMHO miss the 5, showing how good the comp is. Uraidla power side of the comp for a decade and just look shot. Ironbank have left it too late and needed to snatch a couple more games early on.
by TheBull
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Despite the controversies late in the season, Hills League Board have done a great job running the comp. Only have to see the professionalism of the finals series in both divisions to see that.
Trouble with running a league though, is that there are extremely passionate people from extremely passionate clubs that magnify every little miss step made. The finals permit saga is a good example of this. A small governance slip up caused a major issue, and resignations and so on. Steady thoughtful people are required on the board. Club "Barrackers" would not be a good thing. The question would be weather the clubs would pursue individual club interest - or overall league health interest.
This is surely a p1ss take!!
These "small governance slip-ups" are consistently happening by the same few and doesn't look like improving any time soon.

No doubt club personnel pursue club interest which is not always for the betterment of the league - but this is what they are elected to do by their club members.
The HFL board members are elected to do what is best for the league in total - not any individual club - which is what seems to happen at times.
Put your hand up then if you're not happy with how its run.
Cracka, are you happy with how the league is run?

With the extra points and permits handed Onkas way, what would he have to complain about? No wonder he's happy
by TheBull
Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2020

Country footy is a much better atmosphere and feeling and that's coming from someone that has done both for over a decade. It's not even close sadly.
by TheBull
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |