Search found 35 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I mean clubs in this div will have more of a chance recruiting blokes into the div when the salary cap is brought in.
by Old_mate21
Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn't pay too much attention to how the umpires voted. They are struggling to keep up with the play most of the time to even worry about who is doing what during the game. :shock:
by Old_mate21
Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I definitely don't think they get it right, not saying the winner isn't deserving of the award. Sumner has all the attributes that umpires love. There would be a few games where he polled votes and didn't make the top 3 in his club best players.
by Old_mate21
Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would imagine winning a club B&F is more highly regarded than umpires votes. Especially in lower grades. Remember woewodin has more brownlow's than carey, ablett snr and matthews put together. I wouldn't take what they vote as gospel.
by Old_mate21
Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to the winners. Good to see an old friend from school get best for Ingle Farm today. Good luck for next week.
by Old_mate21
Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Yeah that was my point. If the adelaide based players leave it could have something to do with how they are perceived inside their own club. They are quality players but better blokes. The type of guys you should want around your footy club.
by Old_mate21
Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dallas is bringing back the dallas spook.
by Old_mate21
Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Because playing with depth and junior has really helped havens A grade make the next step this year. Oh wait.
by Old_mate21
Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where did I discredit anyone? From what I have heard there was a definite mates club feel around the place. Is it not the reason they moved on? Or in protest over Nelson being moved on?
by Old_mate21
Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im not concerned. I would be more concerned if I were the guys who are leaving the club for pretty piss poor reasons.
by Old_mate21
Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Doesn't help when you are bringing in recruits from div 5 to try and win you games in that league either though.
by Old_mate21
Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think your magoos will win easily torpedo but that A's looks like it could be a contest.
by Old_mate21
Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just want to say that the Ingle farm coach is class and I hope his boys get over the line this week in what should be an absolute belter and my tip for the GF.
by Old_mate21
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard is was over a players brothers cousins sisters pet cat.
by Old_mate21
Wed May 11, 2016 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

I think Dutchy is right about wouldn't we rather see a club keeps its doors open next year and play in a division where they would be competitive. yeah they may have off-field issues but no more than other clubs and if they were in a comp where they were a chance most weeks that could help change the culture of the place. Everyone is complaining about travel times etc but shouldn't all the clubs in div 6 be striving to move up the grades anyway and not think that they would be travelling that distance every year.
by Old_mate21
Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Why, if a side is successful then the board and recruiting committee will bang on about how well they did getting players to said club, but if there is a mass exodus from a club then it is the players fault for creating that culture?
by Old_mate21
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

I think when the Big Shrek retires he can be pretty of what he has achieved in football to be fair. Over 200 games and three premierships is a pretty handy record.
by Old_mate21
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In fairness the scuffle that started in the crowd was because a Mitchan supporter was being a bit over the top. When one of the Kilburn supporters told him to shut up he got lippy and the guys son stepped in. Interestingly your supporter went quiet after that. No one goes out to put people hospital and that is the last thing we want to happen. Everyone forgets at the end of the day it is just a game that is supposed to be enjoyed by players and supporters in the right spirit unfortunately that is forgotten from AFL all the way to grassroots level. I do hope the guy recovers quickly and it doesn’t affect his life away from footy too much.
by Old_mate21
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ha ha clearly Rob Stark has all the answers. The Snitcham supporter was making personal threats to the young guy on Kilburn’s side. The Kilburn supporter told him to shut his mouth. He then had a go back and his son then stepped in. Ever heard of the old saying talk sh** get hit? Do I condone violence? Not at all but I also don’t believe in running my mouth unless you are going to back it up. The type of language used by the Mitcham supporter is just as poor an example of sportsmanship to any young person as violence. You say they are only words, most teen suicides are a result of only words so I hope you actually have a better understanding of current issues than to shoot the they are only words line.
by Old_mate21
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

I am shocked with what everyone is writing, only eight months ago everyone was writing how good it will be for the league when OSB and Marion left. You are now telling me there are other teams on the bottom of the ladder? How did that happen... :lol:
by Old_mate21
Mon May 28, 2018 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Knob stark makes more predictions than Nostradamus and gets less right. In saying that Edwardstown were far too good for us yesterday, we look forward to playing them again this week. Going to be a great finals series and all the sides in it can win it IMO.
by Old_mate21
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Rigney should poll well considering he kicked big bags.
by Old_mate21
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2019

I think the hill had a few too many cans by the start of the A grade and were confused, started putting SMOSH off.
by Old_mate21
Wed May 08, 2019 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Maybe he hasn’t been training? I’m just guessing what it could be.
by Old_mate21
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Dutchy wrote:https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=775314449551419

If he did that in the SAAFL he would get an easy six minimum. That is as deliberate an elbow as you could throw. Lucky not to have done more damage.
by Old_mate21
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Former Salis North player Dylan Jessen in hot water again, for same shit that had him booted from the AdFL.

Anyone else find it a little amusing The Advertiser wrote "he fears his reputation (as a former bikie) wont help when he faces the tribunal this week.."

Umm hello bud, it's not your former life as a bikie that'll hurt, it's the fact you've been done before for similar offences.
What club is he at?

Virginia

Shrek will defend him just like last time when he defended him in these forums idiots stick together

Can’t be true knobb_Stark, Big Shrek doesn’t think too highly of you and you’re an idiot.
by Old_mate21
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

The last thing I will say is, the coach wasn’t told of a decision made last Thursday so he could attend the B&F as the A grade coach where he spoke about next year and moving forward with the group. Even though that was never happening regardless of your review. Talk about making a guy look like a mug.
by Old_mate21
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

If Rhys is motivated to play good football there wouldn't be a ruckman in Div 7 that would go close to him. People don't like Rhys because football isn't his life, he is a good bloke though and I really hope he gets a good season under his belt and then I don't see him staying in Div 7.
by Old_mate21
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

Definitely 300 games for the Big shrek this weekend. A fantastic effort and one only a handful of people have achieved at Kilburn. He deserves all the accolades and praise that comes his way. I hope the boys put in a really strong performance for him.
by Old_mate21
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

Young fella did come back on after the incident but then had to go to hospital on the sunday witha swollen cheekbone. If he doesn't get suspended for that then the league is a joke. I think our guy is also in trouble.
by Old_mate21
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Ha ha some of them aren’t happy period. Real bedge type operators.
by Old_mate21
Sat May 14, 2022 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Kilburn a lot less lippy without Galbraith though. Probably get frees now too.
by Old_mate21
Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Stop trying to downplay expectations Bedge. We all know you expect to not lose another game this year and think you are well ahead of the rest of the comp.
by Old_mate21
Mon May 29, 2023 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |