Search found 20 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

It probably only really matters once you start getting to D5, D6 and D7. No doubt the quality of the umpires higher up would result in more accurate voting.

We have umpires in D7 (and D7R) that I am telling you would have absolutely no idea what they're putting down.

inb4 - but the winner was deserving
Some can't see past their guts
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Andy Carr won Masson lakes B&F.

Darren King runner up
by UK Fan
Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kilburn... Kilburn... Kilburn... :lol:

Not against that one bit. Would be ideal. Whether they have the volunteers available given they will be playing at Alberton and whether the league want to reward them given recent battles is another thing
Surely Andy Graham can volunteer at Kilburn - he's not good enough to get a game in the GF side 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Good luck to Kilburn Saturday - I hope they can get up, a very proud club that have had their well publicised battles over recent years, but have been able to bounce back.

A strong and successful Kilburn makes for a better SAAFL.

Mega-head Galbraith to turn it on Saturday.. 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

This is fantastic and gives you an insight into Lynchy. Very calm, methodical, clear and precise. No ranting or raving or over the top hyperbole.
by morell
Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Carey and Norsworthy would be top end of Wallaroo's playing list so they would surely be losses if they left?
by human_torpedo
Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah that was my point. If the adelaide based players leave it could have something to do with how they are perceived inside their own club. They are quality players but better blokes. The type of guys you should want around your footy club.

Seems absolutely laughable if this is the case.
Second hand news suggest it's exactly what's taking place at the club.
Soon see if they will keep the players suggested. If it's getting coverage on here seems 100% legit.
by Slowey
Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

congratulations to the SFC..an awesome 2 years going back to back..such a huge turn around from 3 years ago and their entire club should be very proud of what they are creating..we thought we may have the legs in the last quarter but it wasnt to be..the experience of the smithfield lads shone through when needed most..our guys were cooked but gave their all..the game did have a lot of turnovers from both sides but i think that was the nerves and heat playing its role..both teams were also inaccurate at times including #5 from SFC who missed some sitters in front of goal..our 3.8 third quarter really needed to be 8.3 as we used up a lot of energy creating inside 50's..chances must be taken when given..we will lick our wounds and regroup to continue our rivalry with SFC and to meet all the "new" teams in division 5..

thumbs up to HT who is destined to be a very good A grade coach one day..he enjoyed a very relaxing GF win as the TOS boys didnt give the farmers a sniff all day..well done benny!

commiserations to zartan who like myself felt the sting of losing but you did some incredible things with your group this year and perhaps the win in the preliminary took to much out of them?

carey: you were right mate..it was SFC all the way but not the length of the straight, we did make them work for it a bit.. :)

morell: good perception..twig was a huge factor in the second half and we didnt have anyone to go with his size and speed as we ran out of gas..he is a very dangerous player when "on" and a very accurate kick at goal but i thought garner was the best over the 4 quarters..

so thats it for another year..i have really enjoyed the comraderie between the coaches in this grade, its been fantastic, but i wont miss all the drives out main north road every second week!

whilst they are not in this grade i think the incredible turn around at MPFC and KFC to go from being on their knees and then to get flags within 12 months are the best stories to come out of the saafl in 2015..well done to those clubs..
by zedman
Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You 2 would make a good partnership, you should team up and put your energy to good use rather then being Nostradamus's on a local footy forum [emoji106]
by test
Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:Pasky to win. Dolling BOG in his last game at Pasky, Glacken to coach 3 in a row

Reckon he might have to coach 2 in a row first before he gets his 3peat...
by countryfootyfan
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Club Best and Fairests

More to the point, if you're ever in a situation where you feel the need to do this to a bloke rig the count.

I'd be putting a lot on Rory Laird to somehow pip Dangerfield on Saturday night!
by jo172
Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big call by Norsworthy to change clubs in the same league.Can only assume that he is Moontas marque player as u wouldnt change clubs in the same league for $500. We have learnt over the years that the Moonta football club are an honest fine upstanding club so i feel good knowing that they would be playing by the new rules!

Greenbank wouldn't be there for $300 next year if northsworthy is their marquee man!!!

I heard Greenbank will play for nothing like Ramsey did this year, so this will allow Greenbank to be a Zero Point player in 2016 too and confirm Moonta to be the early Premiership favourites under the guidance of new coach Josh Ramsey.

In relation to Norsworthy leaving, I'm sure the new brains trust at Wallaroo have already earmarked one of their 'quality' under 17's to replace Norsa in the A's so no real loss for those delusional enough to believe their beloved Under 17's players will bring success to the Dogs anytime soon.
by Bag & Sledge
Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

On a positive there are 9 teams in the Sunday u14 comp, good to see some depth in the Sunday comp without Brighton, Marion and MVP.
by Dutchy
Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

His hunger should be heightened knowing he was carried to those successes by his team mates.
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

And touching my wallet
by The Big Shrek
Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Around a 40 point win for us.
by BZB27
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Old_mate21 wrote:So by next week if the weather clears pooraka are a lock, but if the weather stays like this then what? They are unlucky the weather cost them?

Yeah nah
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Old_mate21 wrote:Rigney should poll well considering he kicked big bags.

Should have some definite 3 vote games. He’s been hit from pillar to post all year and hardly received a free so pretty sure the umps aren’t his greatest fans.
by lion heart
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

Old_mate21 wrote:Who is Hove?

Hallett Cove mixed together
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

100 years of Chics! We win flag.

End thread.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |