Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

After reading recent post around SPOS & the sacking of the A grade coach a few different versions have come out on why he got sacked. My understanding is footy chick is right on the money. He was hired to coach and pick the best side each week, as well as giving blokes the opportunity which looking at his results 9 & 3 giving them a finals spot in the first year looks like he was doing the right thing, we would love to have been in this position weeks before the end of the year. Unfortunately the 2 founders of the club wanted him to pick mates of mates. Looking at the game after the coach was sacked, 5 B grade players come up (How'd that work out) 1.4 to 10.15 Now that's funny..!!!

It's been made aware to me that yes the coach was at the Windsor the night in question, yet had nothing to do with the poor behaviour of the players on that night. 1 players suspended for 4 weeks and 7 others spoken to. From what I've been told it was only due to the relationship the coach had with the hotel manager that SPOS were able to go back.. Week 1 they were asked not to go back to the Oakden for same sort of thing and also lost there meat sponsor....

As far as the game those players went to watch Uni/Houghton & the lack of respect they showed & carrying on like twats, wouldn't have impressed the coach one bit. I heard that the 2 young founders were at the game in the mix of all of it. If this is true not a great look for a new club, I think it just shows a lack of maturity.

I'm sure he's better for not being involved with a club like that.
by letthetruthbetold
Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

So I can understand your very well thought out dribble on the forum about the SPOSFC sacked coach.

A bloke who lives near you told you he's a shit coach. The same guy who didn't get picked for A's and didn't train? Really and he's surprised he didn't get he didn't get a game?

I'm so glad we have freedom of speech because if it wasn't for people like yourself the world would be a boring place.

Good on you
by letthetruthbetold
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |