Search found 17 matches

Return

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

Ive heard that once the SAAFL finalise all medal winners & votes they will immediately be released online

--> but please feel free to come along to the voting night a week later to see if youve won.... oh wait you'll already know if you did

Regards.
:Hangman:

What's the point in it then? Wouldn't they want to try and make some money off the event!?

Who's your source marbles?
safootynet rule #16: Take no notice of marbles. Ignore him and he goes away....................for a little while.

Duly noted, if only Zartan was like that :lol:
by Harry49
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Q. wrote:Just find a club you like playing footy at, that's all that matters.

I'm just glad i changed codes and got out of soccer!
by Harry49
Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Where are all the Houghton people??

Don't tell me there was a coaches instruction to stay away from safooty last night?

Too busy trying to figure out my bets for the weekend ;)
by Harry49
Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our last game against Adelaide Uni in the magoos, we had Damien Loades play and he was CLEARLY best on ground - would've had 30 touches in the guts and kicked a cutla goals - he was a beast. He is a new player for us this year and I am certain the ump got him mixed up with Danny Chronis - another new player, who played in a forward pocket and was serviceable, kicked a goal, but wasn't in the top 10 players on the ground let alone BOG.

Then we have old mate Lachlan Pike in the last round against Flinders Uni. Kicks 6 goals from a wing/half forward and had a stack of the ball - 0 votes. Old mate Ringo hardly played at all for the second half - 1 vote.

I geddit, its not the umpires job, so give it to someone who can more easily adjudicate.

There was always going to be some weird voting decisions. Some of the umpires in Div 7 can barely get to a contest and do a ball up let alone realise who is playing well. I think the coaches should discuss after games.
by Harry49
Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

Was a tough day at the office yesterday, but still loved every moment of representing the Association. Although we chased leather all innings, it was good to see everyone still enjoying themselves and getting around each other. Although we weren't as compettive as we would have liked to be, it's still a great experience playing against good quality players.
by Harry49
Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

So much flirtatious banter! :lol:

You should have heard Zartan when we played cricket against each other last season and I Walked out to bat. It was the nicest sledging I've ever heard :lol:
:lol: I'm sure young D'Aloia enjoyed the lip I gave him also - almost looked ready to cry as he wandered back past me a couple balls later :twisted:

#CanSledge

Sledging and send offs are too different things.
The result is all that matters any way ;)

The only sledging i ever got from Zartan was about my ex, he certainly does his research....... Its quite humorous seeing his face when you actually start hitting runs against him after he's sledged the S*** out of ya! :lol:
by Harry49
Mon May 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Zartan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Never been so disappointed to win $200....FFS

Thought you had $50 @ $5 on it?

Profit of $200 Zartan, c'mon mate. Gotta subtract the initial investment amount
by Harry49
Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Houghton - Tyson Roling cant kick to save his life.[/b]

That's great.
Agreed! :lol:

Not saying it made a difference, not saying it didn't.. but fact remains Houghton led 2.0 to 0.0 and the next 2 simple shots on goal missed, letting a chance slip to take a healthy lead into the 1st break.. then missed a set shot early in the 2nd quarter, which made Q realise you were no good and he had to start dropping barrells from down town to kick goals :lol:

Prop cost the team the game with those misses. :P ;)

*Edit* - just realised that you guys kicked 11. 3 for the day :D

0.3 and one out of bounds. Q goes forward in the 3rd quarter and kicks 4 goals in about 15 mins. Genius move :lol:
by Harry49
Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Country Living Homes T20 Update
QF - Virginia 7/115 (19.2) def. SPOC 7/114
SF - Para Hills 3/123 (14.3) def. Virginia 9/122

Para Hills through to the final against Coromandel Ramblers at Adelaide Oval on March 3rd
by Harry49
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Woweee. Para Hills really bottled it tonight.
Tyson Rolling 6/10, and they still lost?
How the f**k does Roling get wickets.. bowls pies.

Agreed!
Natural variation from a tough pitch helps you look good! Some would say the 7not out with the bat looked better

But yes threw it away. Having them 7/34 or whatever it was, Dent and Tyler had a very mature partnership to get them to a defendable total on that pitch. Bowled too full in the middle overs which made it is easier for them to work the ball both sides of the wicket. Back of a length was near impossible to hit, which we found in our batting innings.
by Harry49
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No stumps were kicked down. The 5 run penalty was for swearing at the umpire
by Harry49
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Play HQ

There are some aspects of PlayHQ that i like, particularly the functionality on mobile and the navigation on the administration portal. However, when you get to the point of livescoring, manual scoring, people registering etc. too many issues pop up which become a nightmare for volunteers. The strain it has put on volunteers this season is being ignored. When you have to allocate one of your committee members to be a full-time PlayHQ troubleshooter you know the system isn't working for the people.
by Harry49
Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone on Adelaide Radio yesterday suggested Goodwood didn't have covers on overnight during the Grand Final weekend. That can't be right?

Covers were used overnight, albeit not full square covers like ATCA stipulated as a requirement. A 10m x 30m cover was used.
The game ended up being abandoned due to the entire oval being damp and the rain not subsiding. I think TripleM were just playing funny buggers
by Harry49
Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has anyone used the website that you get from Play HQ? If not, where else have you got your website organised from?

We use TidyHQ for our website, but also use it for all of our administration such as event ticketing, bulk database emails, run meeting agendas/minutes and finance. Also has capabilities of running an online shop and club memberships. Highly recommend!

https://phcc.tidyhq.com/
by Harry49
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Thoughts on the proposed Premier Cricket Junior structure?

I like the decision to remove red/white and the age groups look good and will free up some grounds on a Saturday which is an added bonus. However, the decision to play U17s on Sunday will have an impact on community clubs if Premier Clubs aren't organised. SACA seemed to have placed more importance on not clashing with college cricket as opposed to the impacts on community cricket.

It now places clubs like ours (Para Hills) in a bit of limbo with planning. We know we will lose at least 3 of our U16's to Premier Cricket and potentially a further 3-4 pending selection. We push all of our players to play the highest level possible so we aren't concerned that they will only play Premier Cricket at this age as we tend to lose them come time for them to move up to Seniors. But we need assurance that we will have enough time to plan. To help community clubs it would be ideal if Premier Clubs select their squads by mid-September so it gives Community Clubs enough time to understand what age groups they will be fielding for the upcoming season and whether or not they need to do last minute recruiting to make up the numbers potentially lost to the new SACA structure. We also don't know is if a Squad of 15 will be chosen for each age group and will the players not selected be encouraged to play for their community club? This will have a ripple effect as it will mean that players in the community club will need to make way for the non-selected premier players. Would be ideal to have some clarity on how this will be rolled out. We do appreciate the move of the U13's competition (Ray-Sutton Shield) to Saturdays as this will be less stressful for our U14's age groups having to squeeze in a match in the morning and then making their way to their Ray-Sutton game. Overall, a re-structure of the SACA Juniors is required and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

One thing I have provided feedback on to SACA is that at the very least these U17s selected to play Premier Cricket are able to nominate their grassroots club and be eligible to play in the SACA 150 Cup for their grassroots club. This keeps their community club connection which is extremely important for both the club and the individual.
by Harry49
Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Thoughts on the proposed Premier Cricket Junior structure?

What's the new structure look like? My son would've been moving to 16's this year, hence the interest.

cricket watcher

To stay the same this season with the addition of a Sunday 50 over u17 comp to allow kids eligible to play u17 who are playing seniors or school cricket on a Saturday to play.

4th grade to convert to u21 with two over agers ad mentors/captain etc.

Season 24/25, u13, u14 and u15 all on Saturday with the u17 Sunday. One team per age group (no whites) U13 Saturday comp to replace Ray Sutton

Think that's the main stuff

Thanks.

So they'll go from 2 U14 and 2 U16 sides, to 1 13, 14, 15 side. At least that will take away from having bottom agers in each comp, except for 17's. Did they say anything about 2 day games vs 1 day games or a hybrid (noting that the 17's you say are likely to be 50 overs). I liked that my lad could have an opportunity to build an innings in a 2 day game and hope that continues.

Not that it affects me at all but the idea of an U21 side as a 4th grade is interesting. I wonder what will happen if all the eligible players are playing in other divs what will happen to that comp.

I don't understand the rationale of having an U21 as a 4th Grade. All of the talented 19+ year olds would be playing 1 XI or 2 XI Premier Cricket. What percentage of 18–21-year-olds who start in D Grade Premier Cricket make their way to 1 XI or 2 XI cricket? It's already hard enough for some Premier Clubs to fill a D Grade side let alone forcing them to pick a certain age bracket.

Personally, i think they should just remove 4th Grade altogether which would open the door for ground sharing with a community club and share expenses, could possibly provide a platform for relationship building between a Premier Club and Community Club.
by Harry49
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Consider this.

Side A plays out north on a road. They often bat the majority of their overs. With scores regularly in the realm of 7/300 from 80 overs.
Side B plays down south with a deck that has a bit more life. Their usual scores are 10/180 from 65 overs.

They both win and lose a similar amount of games.

Bonus points:
Side A gets 7*0.3+300*0.015 points = 6.6 points, all in the first innings.
Side B gets 10*0.3+180*0.015 points = 5.7 points, but they've still got 25 overs they can play on day 2...

Over the course of 11 rounds, if there are no second innings points, Side A finishes a full win ahead of side B (0.9*11rounds = 9.9 points, a win worth 10).

If you move to a system where runs and wickets only count in the first innings, it disadvantages those clubs that play on decks with a bit of life, or clubs with stronger bowling attacks than batting orders (as 25-30 of their 160 overs each round won't attract bonus points).

By scraping second innings bonus points, you will see a shift where clubs are going to either roll flatter wickets, or pick an extra batsman and use a part-timer to get through a few overs, I don't think that's a good thing for competitive games of cricket.

The other consideration is a lot of sides, especially in the lower grades where 1 or 2 better players both bat and bowl, often have a player or two that bats 7,8or9 and doesn't bowl much.
These second innings 'dead time' are the perfect opportunity to throw them up the order, or give them a few extra overs with the ball where it won't cost you the win, but the cricket is still worth playing (albeit the bonus points are worth 33% less in the second dig vs the first).

Oh, and don't forget, if both teams hate it so much, there is nothing forcing teams to keep playing. Both captains can shake hands and walk off.

Pointless 2nd innings is not a good thing for Competitive games of cricket as it’s junk time. There’s a reason SACA don’t have it, they don’t want inflated averages and play being a low standard and become farcical.
How many ‘Bonus Points’ is ‘Side B’ going to get batting for 12 overs? .75/1?
It’s just not worth the game turning into a shit fest between players and umpires.

If you are trying to factor pitch conditions into how bonus points work go one step further and factor In size of ovals and the quickness of the outfield.

How does the Premier Comp work, is it done by net run rate? Could that potentially be used?
Personally, I think it will keep more people in the game and families happier if every few weeks you may finish at 5pm instead of 6pm. It will likely increase revenue for clubs with opposition players hanging around for a beer or two after the game rather than rushing back to their club, not to mention the savings on purchasing new cricket balls for 2nd innings where an outright is unrealistic.
by Harry49
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |