Search found 56 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Arch44 wrote:I hope Houghton do the right thing and allow Nth Pines the home change rooms in the ressies.

Well we are already helping them out by playing our B grade against there A grade?
by The Informer
Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

Harry49 wrote:What's the point in it then? Wouldn't they want to try and make some money off the event!?

Who's your source marbles?

He's trying to make a point in regards to his Sportingpulse/club preso argument :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: is your club losing revenue

The idea that having best players on sporting pulse reduces presso attendance is so stupid. If it makes any difference its absolutely nominal and conversely, it should ensure attendance from those who do get in the bests. Either way, anyone who goes to pressos just because they're in the bests is a an douchebag and you wouldnt want them there anyway.

One good point that was raised is when you have a lot of players between 18-22, a lot of weekends are taken up by 18th and 21st birthdays which can wipe out a big number from pressos if all the players came from the same school.

The town and 'pre-drink' issue is also a big influence. Going to town is expensive, especially if you're a student. It costs you $20 to drink 10 drinks at home bought from a bottleo, $50/$60 to drink from the footy club, $60-$90 to do it in town. When you don't have much money and your aim is to get as gassed as possible they are valuable $$. Time is really money between footy and going to town. It also means when young players do come to the club they don't spend much.
by Jetters
Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ive heard that once the SAAFL finalise all medal winners & votes they will immediately be released online

--> but please feel free to come along to the voting night a week later to see if youve won.... oh wait you'll already know if you did

Regards.
:Hangman:

What's the point in it then? Wouldn't they want to try and make some money off the event!?

safootynet rule #16: Take no notice of marbles. Ignore him and he goes away....................for a little while.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harry49 wrote:Duly noted, if only Zartan was like that :lol:

Settle down young Harry! :lol:

My downturn in safooty posts results in substantial increase on FB :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah but each club has their own unique culture and "personality". The Old Collegiate sides are a unique beast.

Hahaha that would be Brandon "Susan or Ballsack" Walscak. The only player in the history of the game to have missed a week because of a pimple.
by morell
Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:We still going with the excuses thing? One of our B-Grade players missed the final on the weekend because he has hemorrhoids.

Was that Harry49 by any chance? :lol:
by Arch44
Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We still going with the excuses thing? One of our B-Grade players missed the final on the weekend because he has hemorrhoids.
by Q.
Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:Hangman:

What's the point in it then? Wouldn't they want to try and make some money off the event!?

safootynet rule #16: Take no notice of marbles. Ignore him and he goes away....................for a little while.

Duly noted, if only Zartan was like that :lol: Learning quickly young Harry!
by morell
Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BZB27 wrote:
Q. wrote:Just find a club you like playing footy at, that's all that matters.

Thats what i did :)

Agree football is about having fun playing higher grades I lost interest few years back after coming to Houghton during season I enjoy football again
by Robb_Stark
Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thats what i did :)
by BZB27
Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just find a club you like playing footy at, that's all that matters.
by Q.
Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
BZB27 wrote:the A Grade side for the GF?

Have to wait in see ;)

May have a fitness test coming up

Roling the difference! Get him in there! :lol:[/quote]

Im sure he thinks he is also :lol:
by BZB27
Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harry49 wrote:

I'm just glad i changed codes and got out of soccer!

So are we :lol:
by Q.
Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
Harry49 wrote:

I'm just glad i changed codes and got out of soccer!

So are we :lol:

Harry49 to kick 6 goals JOsh Davies to win the medal Mitchell park to be in front at half time Houghton to win another exotic
by Robb_Stark
Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harry49 wrote:8 votes in 3 games, i will take that! Cam easily the best all year! Plays hard and fair and one of the nicest blokes going around. Well deserved!

Careful Hollywood, people might find out your true identity :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our last game against Adelaide Uni in the magoos, we had Damien Loades play and he was CLEARLY best on ground - would've had 30 touches in the guts and kicked a cutla goals - he was a beast. He is a new player for us this year and I am certain the ump got him mixed up with Danny Chronis - another new player, who played in a forward pocket and was serviceable, kicked a goal, but wasn't in the top 10 players on the ground let alone BOG.

Then we have old mate Lachlan Pike in the last round against Flinders Uni. Kicks 6 goals from a wing/half forward and had a stack of the ball - 0 votes. Old mate Ringo hardly played at all for the second half - 1 vote.

I geddit, its not the umpires job, so give it to someone who can more easily adjudicate.

There was always going to be some weird voting decisions. Some of the umpires in Div 7 can barely get to a contest and do a ball up let alone realise who is playing well. I think the coaches should discuss after games. And that's the A Grade umpires!

Reserves umpires... if they know some of the rules and don't blatantly cheat - you're ahead of the bell curve. But most of them barely know their arse from their face let alone the names of the subjective best player on the ground.

Coaches may be biased or slanted, but so what, I really like the AFL Coaches MVP award where each coach gives their votes 5 to 1 for BOTH teams. So if they both give the same player 5 votes, that player gets 10 for the game. That would go a long way to removing any bias.
by morell
Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the coaches should discuss after games.
Only downside with coaches doing the votes is if one is a little bias or wants to push the agenda of a certain player - especially if they think that player is getting close or a chance to win the medal.

No easy answer, leave it as is, nothing is perfect but generally I think the results end up right even if a few blokes are robbed/gifted votes - anything below top 3 doesn't really count for much anyway..

Yeah, definitely a good point! There's definitely no option that wont come under scrutiny. Unless coaches and umpires discuss it and then umpires make the final call. Something needs to change. The fact i polled the same as Jai McMurtrie makes it a little embarrassing.

Ill be getting into him tonight that i did also :)
by BZB27
Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some highlights from my perspective, you will have to forgive me as I am going to wax lyrical a bit!

Nick Leck, 16 years of age, son of a gun, wearing the number his dad made his own. Would be 50kgs and runs around in the shower to get wet, comes on the ground and smashed a bloke on the wing. Gave a free down the ground, our supporters were a bit miffed with him and Q. gave him a gobful but I loved it. Absolutely loved it. In reality he shouldn't even be playing with his physique and age but in the end was one of the players that won it for us. Loved the Jesus celebrations as well.

Walking into the ground and seeing a familiar figure out the corner of my eye. Thought it couldn't be. The one and only Luke McDonnell caught the red eye from Darwin especially to come and see his twin and football club play in another grand final. Wanted to keep it a surprise for Nat and sure enough he physically lifted after seeing his brother. Was great to see the big galoot and give him a hug.

Simon Stead of Tarth. Amazing game on a very good player. Outsized, out muscled, out-aged. Yet won his position. Houghton put it to a contest time after time and he repelled or halved them all. Was my BOG.

Seeing Scooter (2014 coach) come to the game. Made me smile. Talking tactics in the grandstand like old times. Love the grumpy bugger.

A player who will remain nameless but is very special to me - I had given him a rough time before the finals for a couple of poor performances. To say I dumped the acid on him was an understatement. He is so important for the footy club for so many reasons but his Grand Final and finals series in general were outstanding. After the game seeing him so happy was the thing that made me cry - the prick. Then to hear how he and his Dad hugged for the first time he can remember after the game again made me wonder how football clubs can be such amazing places.

Seeing Ben Weekley kick the sealer. Won Best and Fairest after Best and Fairest. Left the club in 2012 to play Division 1 footy for a year and lo and behold we went and won a flag the same year. I vividly remember being next to Ben after the 2012 GF and seeing the mixed feelings he had. I told him that I promise we will win one for him when he comes back. He came back in 2013 - disaster. 2014 - disaster. He would had to have been thinking it would never happen, even this year. His family ARE Mitchell Park. He is an amazing person and I couldn't be happier for him Meeks, Sahra, Clayton and TBC.

Siren goes, running down the stairs, leaping the fence, and running straight up to Yank Man and giving him the mightiest of hugs. Don't know how but he lifted me up the old fella, must been working out! You've done a power of work this year mate, you shit me and I shit you, but we both know that we're after the same goal. Thank you for everything.

Giving Footy Chick a big hug and introducing her to a couple of fans. Loved it.

Seeing Ringo711 though a crowd of people and locking eyes with him and just having to give him some love. Sounds a bit homoerotic but I couldn't care less. Been a great mentor for me, both personally and football wise this year. A huge get for the football club and when talk around the traps was starting that he might actually play for us, the whole group lifted such was his influence. Is my best and fairest for 2015.

Out of all of that, the indelible image that keeps popping up is one of the Houghton players in the middle of our celebratory huddle. He caught my eye and our players reaction to him was strange and then he turned towards me to shake another players hand and I saw his face...

He was an emotional wreck and was unashamedly crying his eyes out. Seeing him like that snapped me out of the hysteria and whilst a dose of empathy swept over me the overriding emotion I had was one of admiration and respect. Here is a bloke who wanted something so much that when it didn't happen he was overcome - yet he had the strength of character to face it, make his way over and shake the hand of the very people that denied him. People talk about putting your head over the ball and going back with the flight but what that Raider did was raw courage in my opinion. Much respect to you, whoever you were.

Nothing anyone can say on here or anywhere will make it any easier Houghton people. The only thing that will is getting back together. Being there for each other and winning one next year.

Been a swell year people! Loved the D7 banter, we've dominated the forums and been the thread of year.
by morell
Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

Soon find out how these lads go lol.. surely we can improve on last years results vs ATCA though :oops: :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Milly wrote:Now anyone got a score from the rep game today?

Why? So you can ridicule and belittle the 12 blokes who battled hard all day for the association despite being out of their depth?
by The Bedge
Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wont seem like much, but was the highest score we had made in a while:

2016 - 137 v A&SCA (Yesterday)
2015 - 81 v ATCA
2014 - 98 v PDCA
2013 - 110 v A&SCA
2012 - 76 v ATCA
2011 - 53 v PDCA

Also had 2x lads make 30s and 2x lads make 16 & 17, which isn't much, but it's actually the most contributors with the bat we have had in a long time also.

2015 - highest score of 16, 2x made double figures (16,10)
2014 - highest score of 50, 2x made double figures (50,16)
2013 - highest score of 36, 3x made double figures (36, 29, 21)
2012 - highest score of 25, 3x made double figures (25, 11, 10)
2011 - highest score of 10, only person to make double figures

Might not seem very good to the majority, but it's some sort of positive.. and I thought there were a few lads who were very good - a few that were well out of their depth unfortunately - but I think if can add some more top tier players to that group for the carnival it should hold is in good sted.
by The Bedge
Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Zartan wrote:Not sure if former Bulldogs player Jose Romero, of Mitchell Park player Brandon Walczack..
Walczak.png

Too much muscle to be Walczak :lol:
by BZB27
Mon May 02, 2016 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So much flirtatious banter! :lol:

You should have heard Zartan when we played cricket against each other last season and I Walked out to bat. It was the nicest sledging I've ever heard :lol:
:lol: I'm sure young D'Aloia enjoyed the lip I gave him also - almost looked ready to cry as he wandered back past me a couple balls later :twisted:

#CanSledge
by The Bedge
Mon May 30, 2016 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:All so that was the best bbq I've had all year at the footy!
Awesome.. cant wait to sample in two weeks time :D

I recommend the steak sandwich with the lot ;)
by Arch44
Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why the interest? You have moved on to turf.
Why Is the association on the decline?
Association on the decline because Harry has left :lol:

Nut kid is right - whether people want to admit it or not, the comp is in struggle town unless the next Prez can produce a minor miracle - or be me :lol:

Seaton are no certainty to continue on, so unreliable, Para Vista aren't in a happy place I'm hearing, and Magill are down to one side - how long can they hold on for?
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2016/17

McIntyre replaced McMullin - but because scored on the app, couldn't add McIntyre so put it under McMullen and will be changed later.

Wickets were a combination of poor shots, poor decisions and there were complaints about the pitch.

Woody was quicker than most expected, but he hit the crease hard and it jolted the matting forward, created a lump/crease/air pocket in the matting how ever you want to describe it and because Fitzroy is sand around the pitch they couldn't flatten out the matting - Warren would hit it on a length and the ball would just about roll through.

MacDonald got a stinker - bats outside leg stump as most would know, and Warren was swinging back into him, hit him well forward and the PDCA umpire was happy to raise the finger.

Shah also got given out LBW sweeping despite having bat on it.

Still the bowling was brilliant from PDCA and our guys just didn't adapt, lost too many quick wickets and went downhill rapidly from there.
by The Bedge
Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

even ovals with covers will have very damp outfields! wha is the rule with losing overs and a delayed start?

we are chasing 140 but if we lose 20 overs and shortens us to 50 what happens then ? does the score get revised down to what they made in 50?
My understanding is this. You are entitled to a maximum of 72 overs because of the heat policy being implemented last week. Tomorrow, the cut off for starting play is 2.30pm. If you haven't started by then, play is abandoned. You can make up 1 hour by extending play until 7.00pm. If you don't receive your full allocation of 72 overs and you still have wickets in hand and haven't reach the other teams score, it is a draw.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I assume Walkerville got up over Goodwood last night?

Fair effort for Pembroke to knock off Pooraka just quietly!

Without knowing who the turf we'll pit against each other in the next round, I'd price the market along the following lines:

Grange $3.50
PAOC $4.80
Modbury $5.25
Walkerville $6.00
Fulham $10.00
Pembroke $10.00
ROCs $12.50
Marion $15.00
by Trader
Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

marbles wrote:houghton are in essence are country club and its a road trip to get out there but yet they have to compete with city clubs and city club minimal salary caps.

:shock:

Maybe from Henley! It's only like a 15min from my house - hardly a road trip..
by The Bedge
Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

houghton are in essence are country club and its a road trip to get out there but yet they have to compete with city clubs and city club minimal salary caps.

7 mins from TTGFC, 9 mins from HVFC

hardly a road trip

if joined the hills league theyd immediately get the bigger salary cap yea

Cap don't mean shit if you got no money to spend ;)
by Q.
Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harry49 wrote: Didn't bat, bowled 2 overs 0/15 (3 four's through vacant slip area off genuine outside edges) and took 2 catches. Had better days :lol:

I suspect you're sitting about 30 metres from me ;)
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:
Harry49 wrote: Didn't bat, bowled 2 overs 0/15 (3 four's through vacant slip area off genuine outside edges) and took 2 catches. Had better days :lol:

Confirmed. lol
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just let it go son.. it's not healthy for you! ;) :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Confirmed. lol

Was he drinking Passion pop? ;)
by carey
Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2016/17

Under 21's play PDCA Sunday at Seaton.

For the first time probably ever, I believe the C&CCA are a serious chance to progress to the final of the SAMCA U21's

Good luck to you and the boys Zartan. I watched a bit of the ATCA v PDCA U21's game and the bowling from PDCA wasn't overly threatening.
Hope the boys have a good crack!
Cheers mate.. Couple handy sorts still in the PDCA side - obviously Trav McIntyre the big key. Lord and Martin are handy with the ball.. but i think they're vulnerable! Fingers crossed!

Now i've said that we will get pumped haha :P
by The Bedge
Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Harry49 wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Never been so disappointed to win $200....FFS

Thought you had $50 @ $5 on it?

Profit of $200 Zartan, c'mon mate. Gotta subtract the initial investment amount

Sorry i'm still in an emotional state after todays game!
by The Bedge
Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HOUGHTON DISTRICTS- 2017 Preview
2016:
Division - D6
Position - 7th after minor Round
Wins - 6
Lost - 12

OUTS
Jason Dolan (Pooraka)
Brad Pittaway (Mid West FL)
Ben Reschke (Northern Areas FA)
Jack Thiel (Adel Lutheran)
Wade Vandermoer (Pooraka)

INS
Jason Almond (TTG)
Tim Camilleri (BL&GFA)
Matt Cluse (Modbury)
Brad Klaebe (TTG)
Blake Hargraves (TTG)
Dan Klaebe (TTG)
Adam Molloy (Walkerville)
Sean Prochazka (PNU)
Jay Rycroft (Hope Valley)
Jordan Salerno (Modbury)

Return to Division 6 in 2016 saw the Raiders not only do enough to avoid relegation and stay up, but fell one win short of an unexpected finals berth. Underrated for most of the season, and impacted by constant injuries, the Raiders were still able to show their competitiveness at times and picked up more than handy victories.

Apart from Fitzroy, Houghton could be the real big improver in 2017. New coaches, new direction, renewed enthusiasm the Raiders will be up and about for a big season. Their talent is there at the top, but the depth falls away viciously through the B grade. Will need to keep their "A Graders" fit for the most part of the season if they're to truly challenge.

Houghton have offset the loss of serial pest Dolan with one of equal standing in Molloy. The major out for mountain men is that of Vandermoer back to Pooraka, but welcome Daniel Klaebe to the mix.

Still plenty of dangerous players amongst this squad, will be looking for a big season out of Bray and Roling up forward if they're going to kick scores capable of taking the points. Always more difficult to play on their own ground, they'll fancy themselves in more of those fixtures than not.

Prediction: Depth and leg speed will prove the biggest concern for Houghton, particularly later in the season. This may impact their finals chances - but i expect them to figure mid table none the less. Finals berth is not out of the question.

Molloy been first class since arriving at the club :)

And would be good if Roling gave away cricket to come to footy training instead ;)
by BZB27
Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Houghton - Tyson Roling cant kick to save his life.[/b]

That's great.
Agreed! :lol:

Not saying it made a difference, not saying it didn't.. but fact remains Houghton led 2.0 to 0.0 and the next 2 simple shots on goal missed, letting a chance slip to take a healthy lead into the 1st break.. then missed a set shot early in the 2nd quarter, which made Q realise you were no good and he had to start dropping barrells from down town to kick goals :lol:

Prop cost the team the game with those misses. :P ;)

*Edit* - just realised that you guys kicked 11. 3 for the day :D
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Houghton - Tyson Roling cant kick to save his life.[/b]

Not saying it made a difference, not saying it didn't.. but fact remains Houghton led 2.0 to 0.0 and the next 2 simple shots on goal missed, letting a chance slip to take a healthy lead into the 1st break.. then missed a set shot early in the 2nd quarter, which made Q realise you were no good and he had to start dropping barrells from down town to kick goals :lol:

Prop cost the team the game with those misses. :P ;)

*Edit* - just realised that you guys kicked 11. 3 for the day :D

Ummm....scores were IF 2-6 to HD 2-2 at quarter time 8 scoring shots to 4....don't know about 'chance to take a healthy lead into quarter time'...and IF had 9-14 at one stage and from there kicked 18-6. If it wasn't for the efforts of Q the result would have been much worse. He was clearly the best for HD and despite his attempted barrel he played a very good game
by Inallseriousness
Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

A couple of records broken so far in the Grade 1 PDCA Comp. Virginia CC 226 opening partnership between Shaun Lay and Ashley Nicholas. Craigmore CC also broke a record a few weeks back for the 5th wicket partnership of 208 between the Parker brothers.

By all reports Shaun Lay hit some pretty big balls on Saturday and brought up his 50 in the 6th over.

The Bedge or Lightning McQueen might know some pre MyCricket records that could overshadow these partnerships in Grade 1
Not off the top of my head.. did see via FB Sunday though that ATCO 'B' hit a club record 432 in Grade 4 over the weekend. :shock:
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now that our game against PH a few weeks back has been sorted by the association I can go into some more details:

The incident itself went like this. One of our batsmen played and missed at a ball. A few of the fielders got stuck into him about his shot (fair play as it was pretty awful). Keeper threw the ball to short cover and at this stage the non striker walked down the wicket to tell him to put the crap shots away. While this was happening short cover ran to the non strikers end and dislodged the bails. A few of their players appealed and our umpire quickly gave it not out as it's a dead ball as soon as the keeper throws the ball to another player and the batters aren't attempting to run. From there the players surrounded the umpire and things started to get nasty. It's very lucky we had the team 'hippie' umpiring who's the most relaxed bloke in the side. If it'd been other blokes I think things would have got out of hand very quickly. Our umpire was abused, and grabbed by one of their players. Our captain went out to try and sort things out and calm them down but was told to f*ck off. It was at this stage they decided to walk off the field. Prior to this incident while they were batting their umpires gave three of their batsmen not out to very plum LBW appeals (I can take that, as we don't have umpires) but they also gave a batsmen a reprieve when he was caught out. It was a full toss, caught at cover. Batsmen then turned around to his mate at square leg and told him surely that's a no ball at which stage he signalled 'no-ball'. I'm thankful we don't have to play them again and in my opinion they should have an umpire every week. However, justice has been served and the league has dealt with the issue. Just wanted to tell everyone exactly what happened.

As a PH player, I am very disappointed to hear this. The team in question I believe is our LO1 team which have come over from another club to play under our banner this season. Unfortunately, these guys are very rarely sited on training nights but I am sure that the club will take a very strong approach with this issue to ensure it doesn't happen again.
What was the punishment by the Association?

G'day Harry,

Yes we were aware they were a new addition to your club as some of the boys had played against some of the players in question when they played for ICC. Personally, I've played against PH many times over the years and never had an issue. I think that's the sad part about all this in that obviously if there is an incident in a game it reflects badly on the club. Really it was only 4 - 6 of their guys that were the issue. The rest stayed out of it and were fine. The league awarded us the win, docked PH 2 points and suspended the captain for two games for not controlling his players and for walking off. As far as we're concerned the issue has been dealt with and I hope the penalty means a similar issue doesn't come up again for other teams. It's LO's not A grade.
by Reilly
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh well, on the upside at least it kept Para Hills fresh for the association game the next day :P
by The Bedge
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why would the ATCA be embarrassed. I think it would be fantastic and great reward for Pooraka And Pooraka only......think most clubs are salivating for the day the money well dries up and watch the rats jump off a sinking ship [emoji6]

Interesting thoughts there Heater. Would assume that you are from a rival club of Pooraka? From what I’ve heard, they only pay incentives which is not uncommon in cricket whatsoever.

In respect to the T20, from what I’ve looked through. The Pooraka (2) team is a team full of what the normal Saturday B grade side with the addition of 2 A graders and a guest player. Suggesting these blokes are probably unpaid and those rats to speak of are still on the ship and probably half decent cricketers mate.
by Port Pirie Power
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All grades nice and close up top! Congrats
To all teams moving up. What’s the finals predictions and thoughts on the season itself.

Para hills vs walkerville / para hills I think too strong
Pooraka vs PAOC / pooraka won’t lose

Ingle farm vs woodys / ingle farm made 290 against them but batting might hinder this one.. calling an upset and woodys winning
Scotch vs unley/ scotch my choice all year

Trinity vs gepps cross /trinity
Iggies vs grove / grove to bowl first and win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Sonofbrowny25
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harry49 wrote:Any idea what the Senior team will look like for this Sunday?

Go back two pages
by The Bedge
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harry49 wrote:No comment...

After knocking off Pooraka like you did I'm sure there's every reason to be up and about.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pack of sooks, get over it, it's only cricket.
by The Bedge
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
thevoice wrote:Woweee. Para Hills really bottled it tonight.

Tyson Rolling 6/10, and they still lost?

How the f**k does Roling get wickets.. bowls pies.
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Actually I don’t think it’s interesting, I think it’s incredibly poor.

100% agree. Sounds like no other clubs were asked to put forward names who should be considered for the side. ATCA did even though it was a short turn around. It was good that a few of our girls who play both PDCA and ATCA were able to represent the ATCA team on the night.
It was also disappointing to see that they weren't in PDCA colours, but all wore their Eyre Royals gear.
Classic Mighty Ducks/USA move
by no_remorse28
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |