Search found 72 matches

Return

Re: HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Not a good night for Milang at Blackwood. Final score 17-1 to 1-4 :-( The Panthers never stopped trying but were totally outclassed by a much bigger club. Plenty of support for the undercats who gave it their best shot in front of a huge crowd. Cheers to all for the support on this site also :-)

The condition of the ground was appalling on both sides of the fence with deep bog throughout the totally disorganised car park. It needs to be said than an Ambulance called for a spectator on the other side of the ground was forced to attempt to exit in reverse and became hopelessly bogged in deep mud. It required shovels and a dozen spectators to finally move it. Very fortunate indeed that a dying person wasn't inside as this would have been a life-threatening situation. No denying this I'm afraid. It happened right in front of us. Scheduling finals at places like this must never happen again.
by Hear the roar
Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Congratulations to Jake Moisey from the Milang Panthers. 2015 Div 3 Medallist. Very well deserved!
by Hear the roar
Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

saintal wrote:When did Gum last beat Kersbook? :shock:

Yesterday.
by carey
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Doesn't get any better than today. No one gave us a chance, the blokes over the hill thought it was theirs...... it's ours
by Shortman
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

How are they picking the two sides for Lenswood in B Grade? Are they selecting the two sides to be as even as possible to give them both a good chance of winning or is one the 'B' team and then the other a 'C' team?

The TVCA bylaws required us to name 8 players in each team that can only play in that particular side. We tried to make the teams relatively even, but were mindful of keeping a group of half dozen guys who all joined the club on the eve of the first round together also. Will be a bit of a balancing act trying to keep people happy.

Should we be fortunate enough to have 3 teams next season, may look at fielding a team in the AEHCA C Grade which would allow us to pick the second and third teams on merit. But we'll worry about then..
by saintal
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

And why should cricket assist Dutchy. Do you think football would assist cricket if COVID-19 impacts commenced in September instead of March.

Why wouldn't they? most communities have goodwill between sporting clubs.

Doesn't mean they have to push back their season, just work with footy to leave 3-4 ovals in each league to be used in October, the other ovals can still be used for cricket. Why couldn't it work?
by Dutchy
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

I feel that Sunday works well for the HFLW. A number of those players still play women's sports such as netball, and the Sunday slot allows them to play both. HFLW is working VERY well in the hills at the moment and is growing in participation, with a lot of spectators watching on a Sunday arvo with a beer or two. Putting the Women into the Saturday slot would also leave Girls football (which currently is mostly played Sunday as well) hanging out on a limb.
Building on comments you have put forward, it seems to me that Country Division sides (who always have the two senior teams - just missing juniors basically) could host a lot of the modified junior football that is played on Friday nights, rather than your suggestion of HFLW. No doubt there would be programming challenges with that though. This may be an alternative to the idea of trying to have all players in one comp. Certainly, allowing a tier 2 level comp to exist saves repeating the error of 1983, when there were many extremely one sided games.
by TooNice
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perfect conditions prevailed for the opening Round in A&EHCA

Strath out for redemption after last seasons Finals choke and in search of the 1st flag since 1997/98 got over last years Claytons Premier in Hahndorf comfortably and look to be one of the teams to beat again

Reports are that Lobey romped in over Wistow in by 9 wickets in a very shortened day,

Bremer Callingtion with a swag of recruits caused the 1st surprise of the season by edging out Woodside by 10 runs at Woodside. Who knows as the season goes on it might not prove to be a surprise. Any word on how handy Bremers' recruits are? Will be a good boost to the Comp if Cally who have been struggling for years return as a force to the comp to coincide with their oval and clubroom redevelopment.
Whilst for Woodside where are they at? Missing the finals last season for the 1st time since entering the A&EHCA since 2012/13 and having won only the 1 A Grade flag which they'd have felt is under achieving, are they a genuine contender this season or was last seasons end of season slump no coincidence ?

Nairne must have been jumping for joy on the release of the program to see they had drawn L Creek in Rd 1. Creeks have been winless in Rd 1 since 2004 :shock: Continually fielding very below strength teams the Creeks wern't helped this year with half their A Grade side playing footy Grand Finals only last Saturday. Winning them, being pissed for 3 days and not having a single training session saw all but Troy Blackwell decide to delay their season by 1 week. Still any team with one of the best all rounders in Country cricket in the last 2 decades in Ben Warren in your team, Creeks couldn't be discounted. With Jarrad Tait returning to the Razorbacks from Hahndorf, he got them off to a flyer with the bat to see them 2/123 at the drinks break. Warren then turned the game with 3 wickets in the 1st 4 balls after the drinks break and eventually Nairne were bowled out for a competitive 202. Creeks at 5/122 were in strife until Ben Warren then launched a viscous all out assault on the Nairne bowlers by spanking them for 10 sixes and 4 fours to race to 101* n.o. off only 64 balls to guide the Creeks to victory with 12 overs to spare :shock:

Any feedback on how balls stood up during the match with the NO Saliva or Sweat application policy?
The ball for the Creeks after 40 overs of Nairnes innings was in surprisingly good condition apart from a chunk taken out on 1 side from a customary Jarrad Tait 6 landing on some rocks on the side of the Nairne hill.
by jackpot jim
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My lad is playing 18's at Kangarilla this year and have been really enjoying the HFL experience so far.

They went from 6 players in January to now having nearly 30, have a number of 15 & 16yo's and are the only Div 2 team in the comp, got convincingly beaten in their 1st 2 games, but have now won 4 of their last 5 and sit 5th.

The canteens and BBQ's are next level also! :D
by Dutchy
Mon May 24, 2021 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My lad is playing 18's at Kangarilla this year and have been really enjoying the HFL experience so far.

They went from 6 players in January to now having nearly 30, have a number of 15 & 16yo's and are the only Div 2 team in the comp, got convincingly beaten in their 1st 2 games, but have now won 4 of their last 5 and sit 5th.

The canteens and BBQ's are next level also! :D

Update - After being smashed in Round 2 by 80 points to Lofty the Kangy boys reversed the result on the weekend and won by 25.

As for a canteen update - Nairne have the best chips and gravy I've sampled so far 8.5/10
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Macclesfield looking to return to A Grade for the first time in a while to make a 10 team A Grade in A&EH

5 years ago the Association made the decision to scrap 2 day cricket to go to entirely 1 day cricket with one of the main reasons to get more teams back into A Grade having had only 7 sides for a few years with no prospect of any coming up. If Maccy come up which they have indicated (Mind you they sent out the same signals last year before they reneged ) then it will become an ideal 10 team comp which allows 18 qualifying games with each playing each other home and away.
This will leave Echunga, Ashbourne and Finniss as the only clubs not to be fielding an A Grade although they will all field A2 teams as Echunga & Finniss have both indicated they will come up from B Grade and rightly so as well.
by jackpot jim
Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Well it makes all the difference - particularly in regards to a tribunal.

It's a horrible look and act, agreed, and could've ended very badly.. I was just asking if she got her.. probably looks worse than it was - may also explain why it was only a yellow instead of what thought was an obvious red.
Another classic example of the act being punished not the outcome.
Would've thought that's a red card all day. It should always be the act that is punished, outcome should not come into it. Unfortunately we are starting to see an expectation that there should be a penalty everytime someone gets hurt irrespective of the act itself.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I think the outcome should be considered but you are right the act should be punished.

Outcome should only be considered as evidence when determining severity, it should not be the driving factor.

i.e. Throwing a haymaker but not doing damage due to the reaction time of the target turning their head is still a more severe act than a broken nose resulting from a high fend-off during play.
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Association has leased the facility for 6 months from the Council for a fee.
The Association has set a fee structure for usage of the venue by clubs which isn't limited to A&EHCA games based on recovering the lease fee.

For people that haven't been involved in the running of a club with turf cricket facilities the fees the Association have set may appear high but in fact they are very reasonable compared to what it costs other turf clubs within the Association for the upkeep and preparation of their turf pitches.
by jackpot jim
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I was a Maccy person id be a little bit peeved. They copped it for years when they didnt go up to A grade and the second they do 2 clubs come down instead of staying up. Hahndorf have lost a few from last season but wouldnt dream of going down now.

I see where you're coming from with Maccy being a bit peeved but at the end of the day they need to worry about themselves and not what others are doing. Surely the aim of every club is to have an A Grade and if Maccy wern't ready to come back in after finishing minor premiers 3 seasons in a row in A2s then when would they be?
Hard to be critical of Wistow coming down to A2s as they've finished bottom 3 for the last 8 seasons in A Grade with 4 wooden spoons and have now lost the nucleus of their A Grade
Mt Barker in their 3 years back in A Grade have finished bottom, 2nd bottom and bottom and for whatever reason havent been able to develop or attract players of the standard to be more competitive.
As much as i dont want to see clubs dropping teams down grades , there are simply situations that not all are aware of that dictate they need to drop down a grade.
I believe 3 of the bottom 4 teams from A2 Grade last season are dropping down to B Grade including Hahndorf and Lobethal that finished 5th and 6th in the 8 team comp. :?
by jackpot jim
Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just the two seasons for Rose Park. Narrowly finished 5th both years in the A’s, although on their day were as dangerous as the leading few teams particularly with the bat on the tiny Houghton Oval. By the second year they were forfeiting a lot of B Grade games, and the core of their A’s were older guys. The amount of travel involved would have been a factor I’d imagine.

And yeah, you’d think Cambrai and Palmer would end up going to Murray Towns and for Eden Valley the Barossa seems logical, although they attract guys from that comp who are looking for a more laid back environment. That would leave Birdwood, Lenswood, Gumeracha and potentially Paracombe, although the close proximity to the north-eastern suburbs could present them other options.
by saintal
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://torrensvalleyca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/draw.aspx?entityid=3174&id=RVFIXTURE

TV fixtures are out. Appears you were right Saintal and Mt Torrens are gone. Good on Lenswood for getting 3 teams together again.
Have Mt Torrens folded? Very sad if true..

Mt Torrens fielded a B Grade team last season, on the agreement they would return to A Grade this season. They predictably won the B Grade flag with ease, 4-5 guys particularly dominant. They approached the association, requesting to remain in B Grade for various reasons. This was rejected by the committee and other clubs. Personally I was disappointed they didn't have a crack at A's, particularly fresh off a premiership.

There was then a push for them to field a combined B Grade team with Athelstone CC (who would also submit a team into our A Grade comp). This was also rejected by the association.

So from what I understand they will be playing in Para Districts instead. Whether it's a standalone Mt Torrens team, or one under the banner of another club (ie Athelstone) we're not sure yet, but would assume it's the latter. Either way it's disappointing, but not overly surprising, that they wont be in the TVCA this season. With most of their team from last season nearing 40 or past it, the long term future looks(ed) rocky.

Gives further weight perhaps to a hills-wide association where clubs can find their suitable level over time.
by saintal
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I used to play at a club in Perth where we had 8 teams and some really quality players (like ex-grade cricketers) would always want to play way below their level to dominate. Our 4th grade team would easily beat our 1st grade if they were to play each other leading to our top teams being pretty uncompetitive.
That stuff is culture poison
by Tony Clifton
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Round 1 this weekend for A&EH

Should be a good game I'm going with Strath because of the Creek's poor Rnd 1 record.

I see you've done your homework Barkeroo.
Creeks did break their Rd 1 hoodoo last year on the back of a whirlwind ton by Warren when all looked lost and they'll be looking to him again to score big runs in a depleted batting order that should have an intimidating look about in a months time as a number of players will have a late start to the season.
Both Strath and Creek look like showcasing some good young talent in the absence of some experienced players tomorrow which will be worth the admission fee.

Woodside v Nairne 50/50

Hahndorf look significantly less imposing than in recent years and may be one of Maccy's better chances of chalking up a win in their comeback season which will be very challenging for them one would think.

Lobey should get over Bremer Cally tho im sure B/C will take a few scalps this season when least expected.
by jackpot jim
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

helicopterking wrote:It’s a garbage rule. Heyzer needs to step in and actually do something.
Absolutely zero incentive to bowl your overs quickly.
80 overs per day. 3 over change over.

The problem with this is that you may end up with some late finishes. I don't think the current rule presents a major issue.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

I went out to Virginia yesterday for a look.

Bascombe had a field day in the first over with some lusty hitting, once he got out Alex Leo kept the run rate alive while others came and went scoring the odd boundary too, they set 151.

It was then the Owen show as younger brother Zac showing the way with some big 6's and a half century, Adam Moss then came in with a cameo as the game starting tilting towards Virginia's way.

Fielding was woeful for both sides, more catches dropped than taken, Nato being an exception as he took a ripper running back with the flight of the ball.

As for Virginia, they are a quality club full of quality people, I've always had decent banter on the field with them then great laughs off of it, top bunch of blokes, we all talk about players doing a mass exodus at clubs, Virginia have that culture that keeps blokes coming out and staying.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A month of the season done already..

Paracombe 3-0 The surprising ladder leaders, experienced top order making the bulk of their runs and managing to defend a couple of modest tallies
Palmer 2-1 Have lost half their GF team from last season, including highly influential T. Rathjen. Hasn’t stopped them recovering from an opening loss to Birdwood to chalk up two wins since
Gumeracha 2-1 Collapse in Round 1 v Paracombe but have been winning since. Will again be the team to beat
Eden Valley 2-2 Strong opening to the season before losses to Gum and Palmer. Have a solid team on paper, perhaps a bowler short though
Birdwood 1-2 Round 2 victory against Palmer ended lengthy losing run. Stronger batting line up than prior years but lacking bowlers
Cambrai 1-3 Missing a few regulars in the early rounds, should recover and play finals yet again.
Lenswood 1-3 The opposite situation to Birdwood at Lenswood, a reasonable bowling line up when on song but 3 straight double digit scores indicates batting is very thin

In the B’s it’s early days but a youthful Lenswood sit as ladder leaders although Cambrai will be my early tip for the flag. Gumeracha are looming as the other major threat if they field their strongest 11, while Paracombe and Eden Valley will also push for finals spots. Birdwood have improved, while the other Lenswood side and Palmer will battle it out for the spoon.
by saintal
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Friday Nov 5th i believe Cally got their new covers.
Only the 1 set i think so their 2nd oval is still at the mercy of the elements.

With the rain interfering with matches.

Games CAN NOT be reduced in length (overs wise) once the game has started.
It can only be reduced in the case of a DELAYED start of more than 30 minutes.

The rules regarding all this are CLEAR & CONCISE and it's the responsibility of EVERY captain and in particular EVERY APPOINTED PAID umpire ($126 for A Grade) to know these rules and enact them when required.
It is beyond belief that 2 A Grade Captains and a Paid Appointed umpire all were apparently unaware :oops: :roll: of these rules despite being able to access them on your phone in 30 seconds and proceed to make up their own rules in order to get a result.
Makes an absolute MOCKERY of the rules and credibility of the competition
by jackpot jim
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 7 down and ALL A grade teams have played each other once.

The Premiership race appears to be down to 5 teams with Nairne leading the charge atm 1 win clear of Lobethal with Woodside, Creeks and Strath level on 4 wins each.

Hahndorf were expected to struggle this year but maybe not as much as their results from the last few weeks. Saturday against Strath they got off to a solid start being 0/41 before sensationally collapsing, losing 10 33 :shock: to be bowled out for 74 as Strath knocked the runs off without loss to boost their NRR which could play a vital role come the seasons end.

The inconsistent Creek Tigers got the job done without too many dramas over the dangerous Cally Cobras who just need to find that extra 10 - 15% in performance to convert competitive performances into Wins

Lobethal as expected comfortably beat a depleted Woodside team

Macclesfield were again very competitive as they've been in every game this season in their return to A Grade batting their overs out to make 144 against Nairne and then have them under pressure at 4/67 before Mitch Hein and youngster Llewellyn put on 80 odd to seal the win.
by jackpot jim
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TVCA at the xmas break

Gumeracha 6W-2L. Still the team to beat. Atkins the best player in the comp currently.
Paracombe 6-2. Six straight wins to start the year before a couple of losses. Experienced heads contributing.
Eden Valley 6-3. Have been a little up and down but will take a confidence boosting win v Gum into the break
Cambrai 5-4. Skipper Greiger having a huge year. Will play finals once again, but can they get over their semi final hoodoo.
Palmer 3-5. Given their personnel turnover they've been quite competitive, but lack the depth of previous campaigns.
Birdwood 2-7. Are continually posting competitive scores, but short on some bowlers. Scott Burns of AFL fame a quality bat.
Lenswood 2-7. Ended a 7 game losing run v Palmer. Batting has been embarrassingly bad at times. 28 players used already so zero consistency.

In the B’s Gumeracha and Cambrai lead the way with 8 wins each from 10 games. Paracombe, Eden Valley and Lenswood all have 6 wins and will battle out for 3rd and 4th, Birdwood have shown some decent recent form, while Palmer may have done enough to hand the other Lenswood team the kitchen-ware.
by saintal
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 Rounds to go in A&EHCA and positions 2 - 5 are still wide open.

Nairne 56 0.98 %
L Creek 44 0.37 %
Woodside 40 0.39 %
Lobethal 40 0.22 %
Strath 36 0.44 %

Nairne WILL finish Minor Premiers being 3 games clear on top.

Positions 2 - 5 are all up in the air

Clubs run home

L Creek - Strtah, Nairne

Woodside - Nairne, Strath

Lobethal - Cally, Hahndorf

Strath - L Creek, Woodside

Creeks task of finishing in the all important 2nd spot is to win their last 2 matches. A win against Strath may be enough depending on NRR
Woodside are getting the staggers, falling in 2 weeks back by 1 wicket to bottom placed Macclesfield and then being obliterated by Lobethal yesterday :oops: Looking very much like their last round clash with Strath will decide a Finals spot.
Lobethal should win their last 2 matches and will be relying on the Creeks slipping up to let them into 2nd spot
Strath with the 2nd best NRR of all the teams may make all the difference in whats shaping as a season defining game against Woodside in the last round.

A few weeks ago NRR didn't seem as it was going to play a huge part in deciding finals placings but some MASSIVE thumpings in recent weeks have tightened the NRR between sides 2 - 5 right up.
by jackpot jim
Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And Lobethal chased it down fairly comfortably for their first A&EH premiership
Nairne 10/122
Lobethal 4/123 (37.3 overs)

Minor Premiers curse strikes again
Last 4 Minor Premiers havent won the Flag with 3 of them not even making the decider despite the Double chance these days :shock:

Premiers

A Grade - Lobethal (3rd)
A2 Grade - Woodside (4th)
B Grade - Strath (2nd)
C Grade - Ashbourne (Minor Premiers)
D Grade - Nairne (2nd)
by jackpot jim
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

What do they normally do for training with 2 clubs and one oval? Do they train different days or same night different ends of the ground?

One club trains at the high school Tuesday and then the footy oval on Thursdays. The other club does the alternate. They swap each year who gets the Thursday night at the footy oval.

This also ensures the oval stays as good as it can (which isn't great anyway) rather than having Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday training on the oval each week.
by whufc
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Can you c**** learn how to quote. Takes me way too long to work out who wrote what. :lol:
by cracka
Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Poor form from a lot of the clubs not wanting to stay in grade 1 or 2 and asking to play lower grade stuff.....Cant wait to see North Melbourne ask the AFL to only play in the VFL so they can be competitive.....
by GarrytheGOAT
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Nairne, for their food and drink set up. Terrible conditions for the hosts.
So Lobey get it done, well done to them. Corona man Echunga didnt appear so careful throwing stones, didnt your Bs fall arse over in the GF onky recently lol.
Are we seeing a changing of tye guard in Div 1? A cracker finals series in both comps.
by wazzal77
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TVCA fixtures are up. 7 teams in each grade.
Lenswood back to just the one team in B Grade Saintal?

Most likely, if we do scrounge up a third side we'll replace the current bye. Numbers/enthusiasm appears a bit lighter this season, and the weather has made having a hit difficult so far.

Not a heap of TVCA news. Two of last season's Meyer Shield team have moved clubs- Shaun Atkins (Gumeracha to Aldgate), Shane Druwitt (Lenswood to Woodside). Atkins dominated the comp last season, but Gumeracha have plenty of depth so will again be a prime contender. At this early stage it's difficult to see the top 4 from last season changing (Gum, Eden Valley, Cambrai and Paracombe)
by saintal
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty much every turf pitch in South Australia and Victoria struggling to get up for October 15

Meanwhile Langhorne Creek hosted Goodwood CC in a trial game today. Not sure how the game went but great job to get the square ready!

A consistent cold & wet September has been horrendous for curators trying to prepare pitch squares for the upcoming season.

After a wash out last year Goodwood and the Creeks were very keen for the trial match to happen this year and the weather turned for the better just in the nick of time to get a pitch up. Pretty thin grass cover but played a treat. Local curator Luke Cousins is a master of getting a pitch up against the odds.

Goodwood 6/188 (40) Brad Dawe making 100* Ret
A youthful Creek team replied with 118 (33)
by jackpot jim
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah that was the 2011/12 season that they had the combined Echunga/Mylor team and played A Grade in A&EH. Not sure if Mylor have had a stand alone A Grade in the Hills since?

30-40 years since Mylor were in A's according to the Courier. So that'll mean all clubs with the exception of Onkas and Basket Range will feature in the A's this season. Was a little surprised to read that Meadows will not have a second senior team.
by saintal
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah that was the 2011/12 season that they had the combined Echunga/Mylor team and played A Grade in A&EH. Not sure if Mylor have had a stand alone A Grade in the Hills since?

30-40 years since Mylor were in A's according to the Courier. So that'll mean all clubs with the exception of Onkas and Basket Range will feature in the A's this season. Was a little surprised to read that Meadows will not have a second senior team .
Seems like there's a few clubs across different associations struggling with numbers this year. Lack of preseason training due to the weather hasn't helped at all.

The Mylor quote/details was via their current President, but you could be right Dutchy. Either way it's a great effort given they only had 1 team as recently as 20/21.

Yep, the dreary weather hasn't helped those who are a little more apathetic/casual about their cricket find enthusiasm. Seems there a few clubs in the AEHCA with increased interest, as I've read Langhorne Ck and Mt Barker will field 4 teams (up from 3), and Woodside will have 6 or 7 (up from 5 I think). I guess each season there are always a few ups and downs with regards to team numbers across the hills.
by saintal
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hills started last week. Mylor had a rude awakening to A grade cricket with Healey going bonkers on them. Meadows smoked Bridgey and Uris beat in Scibs in a semi close one.

Aldgate appear to be the team to beat with Atkins, woolard and Clements back. Stirling will be up there again as will Mt lofty. Rest is a lottery with meadows losing a few but they still have the best player in the comp to win them plenty, Kangys appear to be in a but of strife with numbers, uris lack a bit of depth but have some quality, scibs are on the improve but just need a full side then you would say Bridgey and mylor will battle for the spoon. Should be a pretty good competition this year.
by batmanbegins
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Play HQ

PlayHQ is dogshit. I hate it.
by The Bedge
Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Blame the clubs Moe, not ASCA.
They can only be guided by what clubs tell them.

If you were unhappy with Happy valley in Sect 10 last season, I look forward to you meeting Warradale .
B Grade teams in Section 10 is a joke... soft option at the highest level

Agreed, clubs just nominate teams without any regard for others in the association. it doesn't affect them when they forfeit but theres still 11 blokes each game that miss out on cricket. The forfeit fee should be increased (i realise it was voted down this year) to make it hurt more, and even consider sending the fee to the club that suffers (via ASCA) to offset the costs of oval hire etc.

No B grade team should be that low ever.
by footy1992
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Cobby are back :D Will be shocked if they get a side though, especially a competitive one.
by Peter Griffen
Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This comp is deadset so ******* unorganised and all over the shop it's not funny.

Delegates meeting last night - now decided it's pink 156g balls in Grade 1 and Grade 2 one day matches.. oh wait that's not enough, let's make it 2x balls one from each end like it's ******* Australian ODI cricket.

So I go out and buy all my balls pre-season in bulk, now you're telling me i'm gonna have to fork out another $700 or whatever just for aesthetics?!

Grade 1 and 2 grading next year apparently will be "lucky dip" draw.. Junior rep trials moved out to Gawler - really useful for the clubs closer to the city..

Chop, change, move shit around.. yet keep the most stupid archaic of rules like not allowed to turn lights on for evening games.. i've got lights graded high enough to play mens premier cricket on, but they're not good enough for kids or women who bowl a whopping 40kph and bounce the ball three times.

Jacked the umpire fees up to $150 this season.. now the pink balls.. idiots think clubs are made of ******* money?!

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Total: 285.50 - $26 per player = $520 per player each week for a 20 week season.

Add on affiliation fees, and PlayHQ insurance cost $22.50 - oh and then don't worry about factoring in the mountains of fines you're likely to accrue during the season.

Get ******.
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Could there be a bigger embarrassment to Cricket in Australia than PLAYHQ

They have gone from a system that worked perfectly fine to a disaster

Cricket Australia is doing a brilliant job of destroying grassroots cricket in this country

Keep feeding the top of the plant and you will have nothing left ...... bunch of well fed fools
by billy
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TVCA ladder at the xmas break..

Cambrai 65 points (6 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss). Yet to put their best 11 on the park. Will be the team to beat come March but can they overcome their finals hoodoo?
Gumeracha 50 (4-2-2). Lacking the depth of previous campaigns but they know how to win and their experienced guys keep delivering
Lenswood Ranges 45 (3-3-2). Showed what they’re capable of with comfortable win against Cambrai. Better depth with the bat this season
Palmer 30 (2-2-3). Tricky to assess. Feel like they could beat anybody, and lose to anybody.
Paracombe 30 (2-2-4). Have won their past couple after slow start to season. Light on for bowling but remain competitive
Eden Valley 30 (2-2-4). Would be disappointed with their season on the back of a GF appearance last season. Struggling with the bat.
Birdwood 20 (1-2-4). Early season form seems to have dropped off. Have the best young bowler in the comp but thin with the bat.

It’s been a season where teams have rarely gotten their best 11 on the park for numerous reasons (certainly at Lenswood we’ve had 2-3 missing most weeks), coupled with the lack of continuity due to rain and byes, it’s been an unusual season to assess where clubs are at.

In the B’s Paracombe, Cambrai and Eden Valley will play finals. Gumeracha have only fielded a team on 3 occasions but have won those matches to sit in 4th, while Birdwood, Palmer and Lenswood are a fair way off the pace.
by saintal
Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nairne A2s officially Disqualified for playing Corey Kelly against Wistow
by jackpot jim
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

So proud of my lad today.

My lad plays U14's for a district club and we needed about 80 in the last 10 overs when he went in. Personally, I gave us no hope as I'd never seen more than 40 hit in the 10 overs in this grade. Anyway, he scored 38 off 27 to help guide his team to a victory. He hit the biggest six I've seen in this grade, hitting the roof of the nearby shed on the full - which would be at least a 65 meter hit (on a 47/48 meter boundary oval). Two sixes, two fours and unluckily run out off a dropped catch by the bowler 7 runs away from victory. The boys got us home in a thriller with 1 ball to spare.

Well done mate, very proud of your efforts.
by gadj1976
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kind of bummed that Maccy couldn't nab a finals spot. Think I wouldve been great to see them in there.
Not wrong about being hard to go past Creeks but Nairne do seem to turn it on come finals time so will be an interesting watch

Would have been great to see Maccy make it but they just fell short. Probably just 1 class player away from stepping up to Finals.

Creeks undefeated is a great effort but that accounts for ZERO from now on as they now have to deal with their abysmal finals record of the last 2 years where they have been kicked out in straight sets both years :oops:
Have played ordinary cricket in those games so will have to deal with the pressure of expectation this year.
The team i would say has never been stronger with batting depth especially with Matt Tonkin back and with Frost and Jaspa Tonkin now really hitting their straps at this level. Their bowling has isn't the most consistent at times but have a plethora of options considering bowlers like Kropp and Dawson are sparingly used. Humphries has been a great pick up with the ball during the year. Creek should be full strength come 1st week of finals apart from Whiting who's away for work and it's early but maybe doubt about a key player who suffered a mystery injury today :roll:

Interesting the Creek B Grade were undefeated through the 1st 13 rounds and have since lost their last 5 matches to go from top to 3rd :o :shock:

Hard to see Strath winning 3 on the trot to break a long premiership drought as they're just too inconsistent despite a core group of talented players.
Lobey and Nairne are certainly chances of upsetting the Creeks as all their minor round games were relatively close.
by jackpot jim
Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TVCA Semis

Cambrai v Palmer - The Skunks have been the pacesetters, with some handy recruits. Have a woeful record in finals against the Bears however, so an upset wouldn't surprise me. Cambrai to win at home though.
Gumeracha v Paracombe - Despite some big personnel losses this season the Magpies have reached another semi final, their senior players all having solid seasons. After losing their first 4-5 games, the Pirates have surged to take third spot. Gumeracha to win.

Eden Valley slipped from runners up to 5th, while Lenswood would be disappointed with their winless second half of the season. Birdwood were once again competitive but ended up with another spoon.
by saintal
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couple cracking finals in the HCA this weekend.

First Semi Lofty V Stirling. Arch rivals these two with a bit of dislike and animosity between the two just adds to this. Stirling had luck go there way last week to come from 4th to 2nd and get the double chance. Who will have the better duo out of Healey & Carthew V Gonzalez and Read probably decides the result but i reckon Stirling to steal this in a tight one.

Elimination Final -Meadows V Aldgate. You line these two up on paper and there is no argument Aldgate are much better but Meadows have Rohan and Haydn. If Rohan can carry this Meadows team to a flag its his greatest achievement. Aldgate with Atkins, Clements and Callaghan should dominate Meadows bowling but can they stop Rohan? Aldgate to win this comfortably.
by batmanbegins
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Creek are seriously in good touch right now. O Dea is just simply one of the best going around right now and proved it on the weekend. Lobey v Nairne next week at Lobey is absolutely anyone's game. Ill still tip Lobey with Matthews to make runs and Matt Martin to lead the attack. Just feel the home ground will give Lobey the slight edge. Lobey is a massive ground and they play it really well.

In the Junior grades GF's Hahndorf will play Nairne in the Under 16 grade and Lobethal will play Woodside in the Under 14 grade.
by caleb777
Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cambrai break a 38 year drought by defending 6/126 against Gumeracha (rolled for just 73). In the B's Eden Valley tasted success for the first time in around 13-14 years, winning a higher scoring game by 13 runs, also against Gumeracha.

In the Hills, Stirling won the prelim against Aldgate, so will face Lofty next week. Stirling won a tight A2 final against Aldgate, while Basket Range claimed the A3s, capping off a rough day for Aldgate. Caught some of the action at Basket Range, magnificent spot to watch cricket. Seems Aldgate won the 16s and 14s.

Lobey beat Nairne by around 50 in the A's prelim, Mt Barker thumped Woodside by 10 wickets to claim the A2s, Lobey over Creek in the B's, Ashbourne came from 4th to beat Woodside in the C's and Maccy won the D's in a low scoring game, despite initially "losing" their semi the week before. Lobey had a comfortable win in the 14s, and Hahndorf spanked Nairne by 10 wickets in the 16s.
by saintal
Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cambrai break a 38 year drought by defending 6/126 against Gumeracha (rolled for just 73). In the B's Eden Valley tasted success for the first time in around 13-14 years, winning a higher scoring game by 13 runs, also against Gumeracha.

In the Hills, Stirling won the prelim against Aldgate, so will face Lofty next week. Stirling won a tight A2 final against Aldgate, while Basket Range claimed the A3s, capping off a rough day for Aldgate. Caught some of the action at Basket Range, magnificent spot to watch cricket. Seems Aldgate won the 16s and 14s.

Lobey beat Nairne by around 50 in the A's prelim, Mt Barker thumped Woodside by 10 wickets to claim the A2s, Lobey over Creek in the B's, Ashbourne came from 4th to beat Woodside in the C's and Maccy won the D's in a low scoring game, despite initially "losing" their semi the week before. Lobey had a comfortable win in the 14s, and Hahndorf spanked Nairne by 10 wickets in the 16s.
Basket Range is a beautiful oval to watch/play cricket at. Up there with Wistow for best view from an oval in the Hills (I may be biased ;) )

Would agree with you there, Wistow is a wonderful place to play and watch cricket. I never got to play at Ashbourne as they had dropped to a2s by the time i arrived at hahndorf but that looks like a beautiful place to play as well.
by caleb777
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nairnes rise and kicking bags of goals would have a lot to do with delivery to Hourigan. Since Hourigan moved to Nairne he hasnt been anywhere near the dominant player that he was when he was at Hahndorf and thats because of the delivery. Nairne have recruited and the ball is getting to him to his liking and the results are showing that. Whether Nairne have what it takes to topple Hahndorf only time will tell, but I wouldnt be ruling Nairne or Mt Lofty out as potential premiership material.

Side issue, I would like to hope that there are already discussions and planning taking place to make sure that the Grand Final is at the Summit this year. If the HFL and Clubs are serious about using an AFL quality ground, it needs to happen. Grand Final venue every year for the Country and Div 1. By 1 July, ask all clubs to put their hand up if they want to host the grand final at the Summit. A random draw takes place and then that Club has access to the Summit clubroom say from Thursday or Friday until Sunday 5pm. Allow them to go in stock fridges set up and they take all the takings and the gate goes to the HFL like it always does.

And the A grade teams playing on GF day have access to train at the Summit, the team finishing higher has Thursday night and the other team Tuesday night.

It is absolutely ridiculous if the GF isnt played there. And if clubs complain about not getting a Grand Final at the home ground due to lost revenue, surely there options like this one I have suggested?
by wazzal77
Tue May 30, 2023 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |