Search found 48 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Some highlights from my perspective, you will have to forgive me as I am going to wax lyrical a bit!

Nick Leck, 16 years of age, son of a gun, wearing the number his dad made his own. Would be 50kgs and runs around in the shower to get wet, comes on the ground and smashed a bloke on the wing. Gave a free down the ground, our supporters were a bit miffed with him and Q. gave him a gobful but I loved it. Absolutely loved it. In reality he shouldn't even be playing with his physique and age but in the end was one of the players that won it for us. Loved the Jesus celebrations as well.

Walking into the ground and seeing a familiar figure out the corner of my eye. Thought it couldn't be. The one and only Luke McDonnell caught the red eye from Darwin especially to come and see his twin and football club play in another grand final. Wanted to keep it a surprise for Nat and sure enough he physically lifted after seeing his brother. Was great to see the big galoot and give him a hug.

Simon Stead of Tarth. Amazing game on a very good player. Outsized, out muscled, out-aged. Yet won his position. Houghton put it to a contest time after time and he repelled or halved them all. Was my BOG.

Seeing Scooter (2014 coach) come to the game. Made me smile. Talking tactics in the grandstand like old times. Love the grumpy bugger.

A player who will remain nameless but is very special to me - I had given him a rough time before the finals for a couple of poor performances. To say I dumped the acid on him was an understatement. He is so important for the footy club for so many reasons but his Grand Final and finals series in general were outstanding. After the game seeing him so happy was the thing that made me cry - the prick. Then to hear how he and his Dad hugged for the first time he can remember after the game again made me wonder how football clubs can be such amazing places.

Seeing Ben Weekley kick the sealer. Won Best and Fairest after Best and Fairest. Left the club in 2012 to play Division 1 footy for a year and lo and behold we went and won a flag the same year. I vividly remember being next to Ben after the 2012 GF and seeing the mixed feelings he had. I told him that I promise we will win one for him when he comes back. He came back in 2013 - disaster. 2014 - disaster. He would had to have been thinking it would never happen, even this year. His family ARE Mitchell Park. He is an amazing person and I couldn't be happier for him Meeks, Sahra, Clayton and TBC.

Siren goes, running down the stairs, leaping the fence, and running straight up to Yank Man and giving him the mightiest of hugs. Don't know how but he lifted me up the old fella, must been working out! You've done a power of work this year mate, you shit me and I shit you, but we both know that we're after the same goal. Thank you for everything.

Giving Footy Chick a big hug and introducing her to a couple of fans. Loved it.

Seeing Ringo711 though a crowd of people and locking eyes with him and just having to give him some love. Sounds a bit homoerotic but I couldn't care less. Been a great mentor for me, both personally and football wise this year. A huge get for the football club and when talk around the traps was starting that he might actually play for us, the whole group lifted such was his influence. Is my best and fairest for 2015.

Out of all of that, the indelible image that keeps popping up is one of the Houghton players in the middle of our celebratory huddle. He caught my eye and our players reaction to him was strange and then he turned towards me to shake another players hand and I saw his face...

He was an emotional wreck and was unashamedly crying his eyes out. Seeing him like that snapped me out of the hysteria and whilst a dose of empathy swept over me the overriding emotion I had was one of admiration and respect. Here is a bloke who wanted something so much that when it didn't happen he was overcome - yet he had the strength of character to face it, make his way over and shake the hand of the very people that denied him. People talk about putting your head over the ball and going back with the flight but what that Raider did was raw courage in my opinion. Much respect to you, whoever you were.

Nothing anyone can say on here or anywhere will make it any easier Houghton people. The only thing that will is getting back together. Being there for each other and winning one next year.

Been a swell year people! Loved the D7 banter, we've dominated the forums and been the thread of year.
by morell
Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Will do mate but you gotta come out of retirement ;)
by BZB27
Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

hulkamania wrote:Rumour has it that 99% of the harassment, I mean calls has been from Rexy.

Not sure if talking about LD or Cam :D
by Q.
Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any clubs got special requests for anzac day cause i reckon that will be what makes the fixture change, here is the current match ups for that weekend

Round 4

Brahma Lodge v Fitzroy
Woodville Sth v Houghton
Adelaide Lutheran v West Croydon
Ingle Farm v Mawson Lakes
Mitchell Pk v Trinity

can i make a request for a home game? woody south is a decent hike after a day of abusing #88 with 12 stubbies under the belt!

Dont forget the 5 burgers you would consume also :)
by BZB27
Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hulkamania wrote:
Q. wrote:
carey wrote:Houghton by 38 - Revenge

I don't live in the past. It's Round 2, 2016 - an opportunity for two more points and a chance to move up the ladder.

i want revenge.

You pulling in the boots again pal?
by Q.
Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our club has played in nearly every div over the past 5 years and I think the premiers of a B grade comp would be very competitive (top half) in an A grade comp 2 divs below and would back the B grade premiers to win an A grade flag 3 divs below
....but you haven't played in Div 6. Recent history shows you have to be a very good side to win a premiership in Div 6 and all of the teams that have been promoted give good accounts of themselves in Div 5. The grand finalists over the past 3 years are;
2015 Smithfield v Lockleys (both unbeaten in Div 5)
2014 Blackfriars v Rosewater (Blackfriars 3rd and Rosewater 6th following year in Div 5)
2013 Westminster v CLG (WOS premiers and CLG 3rd following year)
A 3R or 4R side might be competitive against some of the poorer performing Div 6 sides, but seriously let's not think they could beat the top sides. The Blackfriars Div 6 from 2014 was sensational and no 3R or 4R side would have got near them.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#88 has big nuts though, I occasionally collide with them in the showers by accident
by Q.
Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D6 Ladder after Rd 3:
6 - West Croydon
6 - Ingle Farm
4 - Houghton Districts
4 - Brahma Lodge
4 - Woodville South
--------------------------------
2 - Trinity OS
2 - Mawson Lakes
2 - Fitzroy
0 - Mitchell Park
0 - Adelaide Lutheran

Round 4:
Adelaide Lutheran v Mawson Lakes : Adelaide Lutheran are in struggle town at the moment, and it's made worse with Uni holidays at the moment impacting their ability to field a full strength side. Mawson Lakes are a bit of a quiet builder - although only the 1 win so far, their 2x losses to sides tipped pre-season to be around the mark come business end have been closer than many may have thought. Well coached, understand their game - good midfield and dangerous forward line, I fancy Mawson Lakes will bounce back into the winners circle this week.

Ingle Farm v West Croydon : The only two undefeated sides remaining, this promises to be a cracking clash. West Croydon have added to their already finals hardened squad over summer, and it's paying dividends with strong performances across all grades. Woodcock & McKinnon combining for 10 goals between them on the weekend, they'll provide headaches this week for the Farmers, and we all know how dangerous Sumner is. I see Stubberfield played in the B grade Saturday - this bloke genuinely thrives on playing against Ingle Farm, wonder if he will stick his hand up for an A grade game. Ingle Farm were tested by TOS on the weekend, and scraped away with the vital two points. This will be a beauty of a match.

Mitchell Park v Trinity OS : Mitchell Park have struggled a bit since returning to D6, but are always a much more formidable opponent at home, and I'm not sure TOS have a suitable match up to contain McDonnell. Roberts should win the ruck battle, but from there i think it'll be struggle town. TOS were impressive on the weekend - their pickups in Lamont, Hooker, Maher are beauties and Spurr returning is so dangerous. Two Zorich's & Cotter makes for a big forward line and difficult to stop. Think TOS are a better unit than results have shown so far and should win this clash.

Woodville South v Houghton Districts : Interesting match up this one. Houghton have shocked the comp with their start to the season to be sitting comfortable at 2-1 including a strong win against TOS Rd 1. Underrated it seems, the Raiders when Paradiso returns will boast arguably the most dangerous midfield in the division, with Cam Schutz gifted his prime movers first use. Woody South on the other hand have been doing enough to collect the points, but haven't se the world alight, all their victories have been only by a handful of goals. The question will be how Houghton can handle the wide expanses of Ledger Reserve.. but I sniff an upset, and Houghton in a boil over to win against the fancied Cats.

Brahma Lodge v Fitzroy : Fitzroy will be happy to have recorded their first win Saturday, and Cotter led the way with 6. Asfaha amongst the best players i see - this kid has some talent, i look forward to seeing how he goes in a couple of years when he's fully matured! Unfortunately I think the joy will be short lived for the 'Roys as they run into a Brahma Lodge side that's beginning to find it's groove. Surely a typo on SportingPulse with Cosenza 5 goals? A lot of experience amongst that Lodge line up and plenty of dangerous players capable of kicking goals. I think this will be an ANZAC Day massacre, Brahma to win by plenty, and Aloisi to run riot with 7 goals.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love the look.
Q.JPG

Reminds me of this guy,,,
is this Q.JPG
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hulkamania wrote:i find our vice president quite attractive.

edited for accuracy
by Q.
Wed May 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OKC! wrote:
Q. wrote:
OKC! wrote:
BZB27 wrote:The real question is, is OKC playing this week???

Nope. Spewing.

Me neither, wanna hang out?

Naaaaaaaaaaa

by Q.
Tue May 17, 2016 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I coached Houghton I could be the size of a house, those chocolate donuts they sell are the best ive ever had..
by human_torpedo
Thu May 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:I swear someone at our club tortured a black cat earlier this year

Its D6 mate,

I swear it's cursed. Cursed I tells ya.

by morell
Fri May 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hulkamania wrote:
Zartan wrote:Surprised Kroepsch, Scott and Kerrigan weren't named amongst the best players though.

you must be thinking of the bloke who wore the #6 before him, gee he could play!

Liam Davis, yes yes
by Q.
Tue May 24, 2016 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

well yea, you were piss poor frail and shakey

you came to div 7 all your soldiers got on board cos it was a piss easy season everyone cheered and danced around in joy cos you beat cgraders, and now your once again a rock solid football club

whats not to comprehend that you were nursed into rehabilitation off the back of playing cgrade clubs :shock:
Go over and do some homework - Ingle Farm did the bulk of their recruiting in D6, but struggled to win games despite significant improvement, and depth hurt, in the end faded and ended in relegation zone.. Were only 1 or 2 wins away from avoiding. tough div where the top 7 sides all won 10/18 or more.

We didn't bring very many (if any) into the side in D7 - most of the squad was home grown Ingle Farm players.. so not sure what soliders you think got onboard..

yes son, no worries son

marbles never lets the truth get in the way of a good story

and he never let his lack of footballing ability get in the way of his ambition :lol:
by Q.
Fri May 27, 2016 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

For what it's worth every year someone has to come last, someone has to come first. It's hardly a systemic issue. The system might be flawed if Salisbury West were to elect to stay in D7 next year, but failing that it all is what it is.

Think everyone agrees that in an ideal world the League would have exactly 70 Clubs, but failing that if some clubs that potentially have a lot to offer their local communities can get back on their feet, while exposing development groups at some of the stronger clubs to harder competition gives everyone the best of both worlds.

SW is clearly an anomaly considering North Pines, Central United, St Pauls etc. Wouldn't waste energy worrying about it.
by jo172
Fri May 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

350 games is a mere sideshow to Arch vs Q in the B-Grade coaching stoush
by Q.
Fri May 27, 2016 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yank Man wrote:I drove past today and it looks pristine, such a lovely country style place to play footy, can't wait. :D :D

Who the hell just happens to drive past HFC? :shock: :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle Farm are not on the same level as woodville south and west croydon both of them play a style of football none of the other clubs play they both actually control thee switch of play the corridor

compared to brahma lodge and ingle farm who play one side of the oval and never look to switch up
Help me out Robb. I'm going out to watch Brahma Lodge play Ingle Farm tomorrow. Which side of the ground should I stand on?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

hulkamania wrote:
Q. wrote:Our pre-season kicks off on Nov 15 and goes to Dec 22

5 week preseason?

Followed by a 3 month break before round 1?

Correct, we've revolutionised pre season
by Q.
Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get rid of those first five weeks and it sounds ideal
by jo172
Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been pretty quiet in this forum for a bit.
Not really much to talk about until games start or some big name recruits are cleared to Sheep Dung Hill Houghton.

I see Houghton are starting Pre-Season next week though.. you do realise this is Div 6, not AFL right? :D

Should see when some of them un-officially started....

I on the other hand have thoroughly enjoyed 'fat month' and am extremely scared of next Tuesday evening...
by adr107
Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been pretty quiet in this forum for a bit.
Not really much to talk about until games start or some big name recruits are cleared to Sheep Dung Hill Houghton.

I see Houghton are starting Pre-Season next week though.. you do realise this is Div 6, not AFL right? :D

Should see when some of them un-officially started....

I on the other hand have thoroughly enjoyed 'fat month' and am extremely scared of next Tuesday evening...

Q will whip you into shape into no time, either that or use you as dumbbells...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RnwTCBxFGhU/hqdefault.jpg
by Q.
Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hulkamania wrote:
Q. wrote:117 blokes turned out for our first session tonight, things look promising

and you finished 2nd to last in the 2km time trial?

long season at fullback for you Q..

Eh it's November, the only thing that matters is that I'll still get 40 touches in round one*

*playing b-grade
by Q.
Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hulkamania wrote:
Q. wrote:
tootsie wrote:
Zartan wrote:Was this an appointment to keep him at the club?

From what i heard, He was offered $250 a game.

Incorrect, it was $400 a game and was asked to choose between the money or the captaincy

I took the money.

We paid you to not play
by Q.
Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Going to be very interesting for me tomorrow as I am up against my old club for the first time. It's going to feel a little weird playing against some old mates that I had played a lot of games with. But it will be good to get out there and have a crack and then enjoy a nice cold froffy afterwards. Go Raiders!!

You must off miss heard the teams getting read out mate, sorry
What you mean bud? I know where Im playing.

Sorry mate was a joke, get there early tomorrow and ill grab some crayons and explain.
by The Informer
Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:Lock in C, Eddie.

Will next week's be B then?
Cheeky.

Can confirm I have started growing a mullet though.
by Q.
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who wants to be a MEEEEEEELLIONAIIREE?
Million Dollar Question.JPG
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Brenton has stepped aside for family reasons. Steve Almond to take over as Senior Coach for the rest of the year.

Good to see him nut it out.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So people, at the midway point, thoughts on the division 6 awards for the following (based on experiences only e.g. can't vote for a ground etc you haven't played at):

Best Ground: Ingle Farm (yes biased)

Worst Ground: Pulteney - just had a strange feel to it for me, maybe it was the open space of the parklands that contributed to it, or the pop up
coaches area?

Best Away Change Rooms: Brahma Lodge - good size, nice and open, has whiteboards to use.

Worst Away Change Rooms: Trinity OS - 15km cross country trek from the ground in a girls school changerooms, very congested, just shit allround. So bad my guys chose to get dressed on the ground instead :lol:
Honourable mention to Elizabeth - very small rooms and a blackboard not whiteboard - carn guys black boards are so 1990's!

Best Reserves Umpire: Trinity OS - lad we had was superb!

Best supporter following: West Croydon - geez they turn out in great numbers!

Worst supporter group: Salisbury West - very unpleasant bunch.

Most respected opponent: Elizabeth - loved the way their players went about it, weren't cocky or full of themselves, ease to get along with and play hard/fair.
Honourable mention: Houghton - never give up, never sink to poorer level, out matched but blokes who present themselves full of class.

Best Player D6 seen/played: Dalton Tucker. End of story.

Best Player D6R seen/played: Austin Bailey (Eliz), Fraser Porteous (Pul)

Best BBQ: Brahma Lodge - Fat boy special!

Worst BBQ: Pulteney - sorry just no good.. private school old scholars club, surely you can do better than the very cheap and average snags on offer!
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D6 SAFooty poster awards (halfway).

Richard Tambling Award (Poster who showed the most promise pre-season but become an utter disappointment, and faded out to obscurity):
BZB27

Submarine Award (Poster who tries to fly so far under the radar, they're under water):
Oldman

Matthew Boyd Award (Poster who consistently posts the same material, you can rely on it each week):
Oldman - his ability to rate other sides above Pulteney.

Charlie Dixon Award (Poster who may not have as much involvement, but can go BANG):
cossi11

Brian Taylor Award (Most annoying poster):
Bombers4Eva

Leigh Matthews Award (Poster who was a decorated coach who still wants to remain involved in D6):
human_torpedo

Bob Murphy Award (Poster universally loved despite being an average footballer and terribly ugly):
Q

John Meesen Award (Poster who is the top 10 draft pick you never knew your club had):
hulkamania

Parent Award (Poster who always ruins fun with censorship and facts):
Inallseriousness (dad) and Footy Chick (mum)

Annoying Little Brother Award (Poster who doesn't belong in D6 but just wont go away):
morell

Cheech & Chong Award (Poster who when they post you spend 5min reading and you ask yourself if they're pharking high):
X-Runna

Sniper Award (Poster who sneaks in most Saturday nights and fires his shots, then slips out for another 7 days):
Computer Crashed

Class Clown Award (Poster who frequently makes jokes or pokes fun at other posters):
Lightning McQueen

Brownlow Medal Award :
hfoxe16 - regular game writeups and consistent performer.
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

I cant believe Molloy got 44% game time!
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hulkamania wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:#sandbaggers ;)

Agreed, A.Molloy sandbagging.

S.Grimly is also ;)
by BZB27
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Houghton B grade were a very improved outfit in D6R as the season went on last year. Due to injuries over the last couple of years they've had a large number go through and experience A grade footy.

I don't know what the gap between D6 and D7 is, but I suspect D6R to D7R would be a fair few more goals on top of that.

Probably only two players i'm surprised to see in their B grade - Fitzgerald & Currie - the rest much of a muchness.

It would be foolish to think a club - particularly one with a new A grade coach in his first senior role - would prioritise B grade success over A grade success, perhaps their success is a reflection of the smaller gap between their A & B grade sides, not that one is loaded.
by The Bedge
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Marion A grade, too good on the day. Game planned well, got some great matchups and exploited our weaknesses. We missed 4-5 shots in the first half that should have been goals. We kept fighting but were playing catch-up for most of the day.

Congrats also to Houghton Reserves; seem like a great club. Best team all year by a mile, our boys tried hard and can hold their heads high. Great experience for the younger guys.

We missed a golden opportunity for a flag and that is going to burn for a long time. For some this was the end of the road but we have plenty of interest for next year. Up to Div 6 and things will obviously get tougher but we will lick our wounds and come back stronger.
by lion heart
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Judging by the highlights package it's safe to say Q got the Norm Smith?
I gave up watching towards the end of the 3rd quarter.. was a bit boring, mostly one way traffic - game should've been over by 1/2 time if the Raiders could kick. OSB didn't help themselves either with the constant high tackles and FAD's.

Grimley & Glanville the standouts for me.. Keetch just sluts through the centre square on his own and his team mates make him look a million dollars. ;)
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Judging by the highlights package it's safe to say Q got the Norm Smith?

Once again I've been robbed :lol:
by Q.
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You've started well enough.. 2x kick, 2x handballs, 1x spoil, 1x goal conceded, 53m gained, 15m ran, going at 75% DE
Started slow then dwindled off?
Maybe the lack of F50 entries by OSB so far haha! Should've been pinged HTB early in the 2nd qtr.

Highlights of the game so far -
1st qtr: J. Atkinson (44 OSB) looking like he's copped a nasty career ending corky after taking a mark.. only to run off no worries after his kick.
2nd qtr: Q celebrating his point of the year.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This bloke has got the right setup going. :lol:

solid setup.JPG
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon the Houghton faithful travelled in good numbers for the early game at St Mary's as well
by The Informer
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully I can keep a combo dog roll down long enough to type this out.

A few nice stories to come out of Saturday's win, but mostly it's nice to share in a premiership with some very good mates whom have played a lot of footy together, including three A-Grade grand final losses. I think it's quite fitting that our two best players on Saturday were two blokes playing their first full season of footy since undergoing knee recons - both ex A-graders in their mid 30's who rightly could have hung up the boots following surgery, but who weren't quite ready to give up on winning a flag. Quitting is forever, but so is winning a premiership together!
by Q.
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats on your flag, but "Dynasty' ?
Could be if their A grade don't earn promotion - Houghton B grade now 30 wins from 34 matches in the minor round, 2x Grand Finals (1x runner up and 1x premiership) from their last two seasons in D7R. :D ;) Recruiting for B2B reserves flags under full swing
I hear you need to replace Bird.. I fit that profile! ;)
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

did he call them sand baggers in the speech? =))

Said something about us dropping A- graders for the finals

nasty. did he have a crack at the umpires too? :)

To be fair, he spent the whole of the first final not worrying about his own side and yelling things about imaginary permits that had no substance, so it was to be expected. Clutching at straws I guess, which ended up being the start of a pretty horrendous day for them.

OSB are a good bunch with some really down to earth operators. They'll likely find their level and be a better club for the move into the AdFL imo.

It's been a really pleasing year for HDFC. Some of our best club servants like Keetch, Ballatori, Bird, etc. were near on retirement and have earned a long-awaited premiership, the first one the club has seen since 1999. We've got two great coaches in Matty and Hendo who are long-term thinkers and have some great plans for the future for our club.

Well done to Marion for a well deserved A grade flag. In my opinion the most talented and ultimately best side we've seen this year. A great club full of fantastic, welcoming people and another great addition to the league. I can see them quickly moving up the divs and I hope they do.

A fun year of footy. Bring on 2019.
by adr107
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some of our best club servants like Keetch, Ballatori, Bird, etc. were near on retirement and have earned a long-awaited premiership, the first one the club has seen since 1999.

Love to see the loyal stalwarts being rewarded, we have some guys that deserve a flag more than you could imagine but sadly we fell short.
by lion heart
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hard as nails, 40+ years old (correct me if im wrong) and still playing good footy. Top bloke as well, very humble and always up for a chat. hopefully he gets another chance at some silverwear before he hangs up the boots for good.

Weeties is a top bloke and as hard at the footy as anyone running around. Speaking to him after the game he said "still got 10 plus years left" :lol: :lol:
by norwood8
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B4E is onto it as we speak ;)

T. Almond
M. Ballatori
T. Birch
S. Bird
M. Cooper
D. Donovan
J. Dwyer
T. Ferris
J. Fidock
S. Fitzgerald
T. Francis
R. Glanville
S. Grimley
R. Inkpen
B. Johnson
M. Johnson
D. Keetch
B. Kroepsch
J. Kuhar
A. Molloy
T. Oswald
M. Pennycuick
R. Purdon
T. Schutz
F. Taylor
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

hulkamania wrote:
KranskyAlliance wrote:Four weeks to go ?

4 weeks to go? That means 3 weeks until I start pre-season training, better order my XXXL gursney for round 1..
Order one for Rogers as well
by Q.
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |