Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

As the footy director of CLG i can tell you that this is the biggest load of BS i have read on this forum. We have had no contact with Heccies and have no intention of doing so. We look forward to being in div 4 next year and are not a club who believe in nominating where we want to play.
by Mr Onions
Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great, the only time I actually call BS on troll boy and it turns out to be true :roll:

Let me find out - watch this space.
by Footy Chick
Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe this was simply a matter of which div was available at the time. THey wanted D3.

Correct, with Seaton nominating to stay up as is their right after the Salisbury Cowards pulled the pin on Div 3 the only opening was Div 4 so there really wasn't a decision to be made.

The result is an 8 team Div 4 with two Div 3 clubs in it but those are the rules and we can only really blame ourselves (our clubs) for agreeing to these rules and not changing them at some point when common sense probably suggested we should.
by Boosh
Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I get that but are you trying to say that Brahma should've shown no balls and just paid whatever the country clubs were paying at the demand of it's players?
This is missing the point entirely.

They couldnt afford to keep their disloyal, peaheart players and they left.

Poor management initially attracted and paid the disloyal peahearts

Management blew an unsustainable bubble of success and it burst all over their face.

A stronger stance by the SAAFL would have made clubs more weary about this high risk approach. Building a club without a foundation in strong juniors or a strong school connection has demonstrated to almost never work long term
by Jetters
Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quBrahma didn't struggle was poor management of funds that caused their downfall & sa.

I love you minion master but crap that spews out of your mouth at times astounds me. Brahma refused to match country payments, that's why their players left. Don't confuse them with Westies and Kilburn.

It is all essentially the same thing though.

Once you're retaining loyalty solely for $$$ it's a live by the sword, die by the sword game as Brahma learned.
by jo172
Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

why not lift the veil of secrecy and each club name their paid player list and amount each one is getting, will certainly stop the mercenary players from prostituting themselves to other clubs trying to push up their price. clubs can then research the player's previous season performance and if worth it maybe pay more and if performed poorly obviously wouldn't command increase payments and may be in their interest to then stay with their original club.

ALL paid players in 2016 must sign a CFL contract with amounts listed and then it will be forwarded to league hq..

now that is nice database to have eh?

you would like to think only 1-2 selected people at the league, not connected with any current CH9AFL clubs, would be privvy to that sort of information and that its not a free for all for anyone on the executive to just wander in and take a look?

Probs wont take too long to find out
https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8e05b81cc40c33827371582f44598a5a?convert_to_webp=true
by Alan
Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would've thought that after playing in a winning final the previous year. You would be feeling pretty good and still on a high and see whether or not you can play in back to back finals. I just find myself bemused all the time of players leaving clubs that are in a higher div (especially those playing in winning premiership teams) to go play at a club in a lower grade. And don't tell me that there is no $$$$$ getting thrown around. That's a lie.
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has a Eagle landed at Fitzroy?

Wasnt there talk of a few Eagles making there way to Torrens Rd way?
3 Eagles have made their way to Fitzroy, all played under the new Coach at his time at EFC.
Any names?

Need some quality signings to cover O'Reily and Francis.
Dont think they can recruit any new blokes as you guys and Brahma have taken them all.
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

hollywood7477 wrote:
Minion Master wrote:walkerville BBQ = 9 great selection, good service & value for money

pity the ground was in poor condition.

Someone sounds upset :lol:
by mighty hounds
Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Matthew Whelan coaching Kilburn next year?

I heard he's heading out to the Barossa
Does it really surprise anyone? Left Brahma before you could blink because they weren't gonna have success.. Declined a return to Kilburn when they were in desperate need for help - and a former club champion could've aided there.. Went back to Kilburn once they rediscovered their recruiting mojo, now they look set for more dark times and he bails again.

Geez mate you talk some shit. He was refused a coaching job and then left before coming back. I seem to remember you jumping ship after accepting a B grade coaching gig. Probably a good thing though.

Bloke has won 2 association medals 4 flags as well as captaining and coaching along the way. That takes more effort than being a div 6 C grade coach. Maybe you shouldn't say things on here you wouldn't say in real life.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |