Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: Lokan sacked

Rumour has it that the Bays are talking to former reserves coach Brett Backwell. He coached their reserves into finals 2 years ago then left to coach Prince Alfred to a premiership in Div 1 Amo's. Has the cred
by Barracker1
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Eddy WONT be in Adelaide. Back to Victoria and BIG offer in the burbs footy. Fact Jack
by Barracker1
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

I couldn't agree more. Not only departures but meaningful footballers exiting our state league for local and regional footy or interstate. In all the years I've been involved in the SANFL I've never seen it in a sadder state with little coming from the SANFL hierarchy to support it. There will be major ramifications for clubs if the rot isn't stopped and strategies to lift the SANFL aren't implemented.
by Barracker1
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v North Adelaide

So here we go One side gets into a grand final after playing 19 players for a period of time in a winning preliminary final and the other continues to wrought the salary cap with an unflinching care for the rules that apply to every other club. I wont be watching I wont be listening I might wash the car. SANFL is a joke and allows clubs like whorewood to get away with salary cap wroughts. Heres a direct quote from a club assistant " You wouldn't believe how many family members are employed by Norwood" Blatant abuse
by Barracker1
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL Season

Here we go Again
by Barracker1
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Up she bobs again !! Firstly emu Name 1 player that South have rorted from local clubs, used or abused. They have been allowing players to go back to their local clubs if not picked or when byes have been allocated. They have also provided coaching clinics for GSFL clubs and SFL clubs and had SAFC players attend local coaching clinics. Senior and junior coaches at South have attended local footy matches to support players that have gone back into local footy and supported inter league games as well. Secondly shoe boy all the support given to Hayden McLean was above board, transparent and inside all the rules applied. Yet another barb from the vocal local. Here's a thought Why don't you guys focus on your local footy and maybe every now and then turn up to an sanfl game and support them. Your absence is noted.
by Barracker1
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barraker1, I ALWAYS attend SANFL games when they don't clash with my local team.
I also agree that what the AFL is doing, is wrong.
Don't piss in my pocket about south junior and senior coaches attending local games, I can't recall ever seeing one.
Alex Burrowes and Tony Bamford used to pop in occasionally and before that Warren Ploenges was good but that was a long time ago.
The point I was making is that South or any leauge club use the local clubs in the same way AFL use the other state leauges.
Thats just the way it is.
Trevor Potts and Liam Green are 2 that come to mind that South have rorted.

Your having a joke right:: Piss in your pocket about south players and coaches NOT attending your club. Have another crack. Players attended ALL SFL clubs and GSFL clubs last year with coaching clinics. I've sat with coaches of both senior and junior level at Noarlunga games Flagstaff Hill Games Reynella and Cove regularly when time permits so maybe we should come up and introduce ourselves to you. Also attended inter league games at Encounter Bay. Or maybe your still distressed over your clubs choice of former coach. By the way Pottsy and Liam Green are from the last decade so catch up mate.
by Barracker1
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA 2019 Draft Watch

This is clearly the most futile and pathetic draft in history. When the last draft was rolled out 25 years ago there was a possibility of players getting a game. The players picked up yesterday are simply reserve footy fodder and it has decimated some clubs chances of extending their season. If ever the AFL was sending a clear message to local footy that they couldn't give a stuff about their club players or supporters then it was loud and clear last night. I never thought I'd say it but footy just isn't the same and will never recover. It is a giant that has consumed local footy without any thought for anything but its own benefit. South lost Kruger to a make believe draft in September, wont play AFL. Then Brooksby to West Coast in another bullshit draft. Hayden McLean to Sydney after they decided that a tall was needed NOW Michael Knoll to Sydney cos one more tall wouldn't hurt in the draft farce of all time. I'm done !!
by Barracker1
Tue May 28, 2019 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA 2019 Draft Watch

Nuggetty Goodness Wrote:
I know it's not SA so don't hang me but Ryan Gardner who was selected in the recent draft will debut this week against the eagles...
Gardner goes from draftee to debutant http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/20 ... .mobileapp

And here's part of what was written about his debut you goose

He will receive his opportunity in a tough first-up challenge, against the reigning premiers on their home turf this Sunday.
Gardner had spent the first half of 2019 on Footscray’s VFL list, spending time at both ends of the ground and pinch-hitting in the ruck.
Prior to joining the Bulldogs, he spent three years at Geelong (2016-2018) without making an AFL appearance.

Debuting for the Dogs after playing resi's for the Dogs. That just aint the same. Shove ya mid season draft in ya nuggetty goodness.
by Barracker1
Thu May 30, 2019 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals

Port V Crows Grand Final. The SANFL will promote it as a showdown. Crowds will be pretty good as both sides aren't represented in the AFL finals and the SANFL will herald it as a huge success. Meanwhile SANFL clubs supporters will be lamenting the day that the some SANFL sides voted for this and some didn't The vote was 6 for 2 against. Glenelg is the last traditional club playing finals so before Glenelg supporters start bleeting, you voted for it. SANFL submits all "power" to the AFL and that's pathetic. Our league is purely a recruitment stream for the AFL with drafts mid season end of season start of season rookie draft and any other stream they can engineer. So we're stuck with it. I wont be watching the gf cos I don't give a f*** I might wash the car instead.
by Barracker1
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

There is no doubt that Abe can play the game but simply wants everything on his own terms. Disruptive influence on others that has hurt the club brand. So congrats to Jarrad for cleaning house. South Adelaide has been starved of success for too long but this removal demonstrates the integrity of the club and its management The club is bigger than the individual and this proves it.
by Barracker1
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Was an interesting interview. Basically Said he had to listen and put up with the way Josh coached and now he can do it his way[/quote]
that's fair enough too I suppose, a new coach should have new ideas.[/quote]

What a wank. He had to listen to a coach that won North a premiership coming from nowhere to win it and who is now coaching at AFL level. What about shut up and learn. What arrogance.
by Barracker1
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Lets get back to business!! Go through every club from top to bottom and look at the players that are departing the SANFL for country footy and $$$$ for the third year in a row, and then look at the ins at clubs. Very few ins and massive outs. Some clubs have grabbed a few disenchanted players from other SANFL clubs but the comp gets weaker by the year. Do yourself a favour and scroll back over the past 3 years and see the decay we call the SANFL.
by Barracker1
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Sorry Darls but this is the SANFL/AFL landscape today. There is no on South curse its just what footy in 2020 is. I lament that this is the case BUT this is the case. I was there in 64 with my blue and white flogger and I was at the 64 reunion at Adelaide Oval in 2014 with a number of current players and it was a happy sad night. South have given us hope at times and then dashed our hopes, but a majority of us keep going and still live in hope. I seriously thought that 2020 was going to be a BIG year for the Panthers but if Keegs goes there really is no back up and I mean no disrespect in saying that. It means Calloto goes back into the ruck instead of being a solid defender and the balance changes. I'll still attend games time permitting and hope Overall kicks a bag full Haines dominates and Crossy keeps finding the footy. Stay with us its worth the ride
by Barracker1
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Update: The Scotch OC player somehow got a bleeding spleen when he was 30M off the play. Its still bleeding today (Tuesday) His seasons over till 2021and if Flinders medical staff have their way, he wont play again as his spleen would certainly rupture if hit again. He is 21 and confronted with this. Apparently there is a tribunal hearing tomorrow night so lets all stop the commentary and see how the Ammos deal with it.
by Barracker1
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

The biggest twist to this whole saga is that apparently the said player from South Augusta was a more than handy player and was deserving of a mention in the best players. Not mentioned which makes one think that WOS were maybe a tad more aware of their decision to play him and "played down" any possibility of highlighting said player. Anyway they took an unfair advantage, got caught and still wouldn't own up to it and at one stage were claiming mental health issues WTF. Moving on they were penalised and were justifiably dealt with. Didn't accept the decision by the governing bodies and appealed to the SANFL who overturned the decision by the SAAFL and CFL and bingo there you have it. Whichever way you look at it WOS didn't show due diligence in playing a country footballer when every other club in the SAAFL didn't BECAUSE they followed the rules and when found out claimed ignorance as an excuse. I'll repeat that EVERY OTHER CLUB IN THE SAAFL DIDNT PLAY A COUNTRY FOOTBALLER DURING COUNTRY FOOTBALL WEEK. They didn't deserve to be playing today and they have made a mockery of the league. Forget the BS of Scotch would have been flogged by Edwardstown completely irrelevant. WOS committee will have a lot to answer for in the future and justifiably so. Im going to look at the Div 3 fixture for 2023 and make sure Im at whichever ground for WOS V SOC as I reckon it'll be a cracker
by Barracker1
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |