Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: Crows 2016

can you guys piss off to some other thread. this thread is for complaining about umpires
by bennymacca
Sun May 15, 2016 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

The question needs to be asked. If these players are only getting $100 more in the country and driving all the extra km. Why don't they just stay and play at henley? Must be some reasons why if as you say they regard themselves as henley people

Well, animals are a lot like people, Mrs. Simpson. Some of them act badly because they've had a hard life or have been mistreated. But, like people, some of them are just jerks.
by Q.
Thu May 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I couldn't see any of the game on the weekend...a lot of journos saying how bad GWS were rather than how well Adelaide played.
Anyone got a write up of the game they can share?

I think Adelaide were pretty good, I think GWS weren't at their best and some, if not most of that, can be attributed to Adelaide.

Talia wore Cameron like a glove and Patton was moved into defence to stem the flow leaving either Hartigan or Cheney lose, neither of them had great games and both made a couple of blues but ultimately Adelaides start and the function of the forward line meant GWS had to give up something forward of the ball and that was Patton. They had one target ( Cameron ) once that move was made and Adelaide just bounced off half back as they do.

Adelaide also worked very hard at the contest to not allow GWS to spoon it out to their runners, when they did they scored but in the main Adelaide either made a secondary stoppage or put heat on the second receiver for GWS out of the stoppage.

Adelaide were good, GWS not at their best I don't think. Once again, more to do with Adelaide stopping them than just having a poor game.
by Booney
Mon May 30, 2016 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Great win by the blues given their reduced numbers on the bench from the get go, many would have expected that team to roll over as the game went on but they continued to work their guts out. Not sure if anyone saw the post match on field interviews, Gibbs was first then they interviewed Docherty, you could see over Docherty's right shoulder Gibb's having a big spew, obviously flogged himself.

I see him as that sort of bloke too.
by Booney
Mon May 30, 2016 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We've still got still got 8 of our best 22 out, plus as I've mentioned it's 3 games in 12 days v a team off a 12 day break who are the in form team of the comp on their own dung hill.
Crows should be winning this comfortably.
Making excuses before a ball has even been bounced? How Shinboner-like :shock:
by Ruben Carter
Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

( The email I have sent the club )

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to consider this correspondence.

I, like many other people, found myself arriving late to the Round 12 match on Saturday June 11 at Adelaide Oval due to unforseen delays on the Adelaide rail network. As I walked across the River Torrens Bridge the siren blew to start the match. I got to my seat at around the 4 minute mark.

When the state government announced yesterday that the club had been given a payment of $50,000 to compensate those inconvenienced by the delays I though this is a perfect opportunity for the PAFC to give something back, let us make no bones about it, we have been on the end of some generous financial support in recent years.

I heard KT last night note that the money would be spent on additional match day entertainment, fireworks, dragon boats in the Torrens amongst other things. I must say I am very, very disappointed to hear the money will be wasted in this manner. Wasted indeed.

I urge the club, I urge the executive to consider the options available to us in regards to spending this money. We have an amazing relationship with the Foodbank charity organisation and the Little Hero’s Foundation here in South Australia does exceptional work with children and their families going through tough times.

Those of us privileged enough to be able to afford a ticket to an AFL match, get on free public transport to head to a safe environment in good health should not be taking this for granted.

Please forward this correspondence to the executive and ask they consider splitting in whatever manner they see fit the $50,000 towards various charities that would immensely appreciate the financial support, the likes of which they would rarely if ever receive.

Regards,

#weareportadelaide
by Booney
Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Perfervid scrutiny of Round 15

Cant find UK's crowd predication in here is either!

UK where are you my friend????
by carey
Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bum Crack wrote:Sloane any chance of getting a couple? As a Cats supporter, I'm hoping so. Surely it's worse than the one game hawkins got for his bitch slap?

If he gets games for that the game is stuffed
by Jim05
Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Former Glory wrote:
Booney wrote:Daniel Wells leaves North Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent.

Collingwood with a 3 year deal reportedly worth $1.8m.

Massive overs for someone of his age and with his record of injury woes if you ask me.

Won't get many people arguing with you mate.
by Booney
Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

JK wrote:Their bigger challenge is to keep them once developed

Port haven't had problems keeping players in recent times, in fact, we can't get rid of them! :roll:
by Booney
Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Thats bad luck for him. It was really his time to have a good crack at it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
by stan
Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

10:33am - Just drove passed a couple of lads in Crows guernseys parked in a North Adelaide side street drinking tinnies out of an esky in the boot.
Should be cherry ripe come 7:20 tonight :lol:

:lol:
$9.80 for a little more than a echo I don't blame them, but man that's an early start.

It's all relative. I had two paleys cooking a BBQ breakfast about 8am last Saturday in Quorn, but I didn't have to be anywhere at 8pm that night. ;)

( As it turns out I had an appointment with a karaoke machine, unbeknownst to me )
by Booney
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

goddy11 wrote:Essendon forward Orazio Fantasia has indicated a desire to return home to South Australia, with Port Adelaide believed to be his preference in that scenario.

Where'd you hear that?
by Booney
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19 - I pity the fool

Anyway, thanks for propping this site up with some traffic during the week B Team, enjoy your day and if you could bump out by around 5pm for the A Team to move in that'd be just swell.
by Booney
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

MW wrote:No one is happy to play SANFL

I know 21 blokes who are currently very happy they play SANFL!!!!

I'll see myself out, no SANFL in AFL threads eh?
by am Bays
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Can I just reiterate that Bottle Shops WILL remain open, no need to panic buy.
Unbelievable scenes!
Channel 7 saying otherwise

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/are-bottle-shops-open-in-adelaide-bottle-os-closed-from-thursday-as-covid-restrictions-come-into-effect-c-1604079

That is a snip from the SA Health page

was just about to post the same.

channel 7 reporting bs as usual
by tipper
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

Eleni Glouftsis receiving OAM. 31 AFL games umpired. :evil:

I realise she has done a fair bit for women in football but it’s hardly worth a OAM

Gee Booney is nearly 50,000 posts, does he deserve an OAM for services to SA Footy? ;)

More likely to get a DCM if the IT department at work are watching. :lol:
by Booney
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

I'm not too worried about the extra 6 cases announced this arvo.

While it hasn't been confirmed yet, it would be a safe assumption it was the same bloke (the 81 year old who went to Argentina - case #1) who was at both the Greek (saturday night) and the Winery (Sunday arvo) (or if not the bloke, his daughter who was case #2).

If it was someone who caught it at the greek and then was already spreading it on Sunday afternoon, then I'd be worried, as that is meaning its cycling through in under 24 hours.

If its case 1 or 2, not worried. If its case 4 or 5 that's spreading it on Sunday arvo, then we'll have a heap of people who spread it everywhere on Monday and Tuesday before we locked down tuesday night.

Hopefully the Journo's are able to ask an intelligent question at tomorrow morning's conference and confirm which case it was that spread it around at the winery, that will let us know how worried we need to be.

Having said the above, even if it was case 4 or 5, that's bad, and we'll have a sh!tload of people that need to go into quarantine, however the process remains the same:

1) work out who has it,
2) find out where they went,
3) quarantine those that also went there, and test them, if positive, refer to step 1.

The above cycle only needs to run through the loop until you get to 6pm Tuesday night. They shouldn't be spreading it after 6pm Tuesday.

Even if they need to run through the above three steps for 100 people (currently at 12), they have already caught up to cases that caught it on Sunday afternoon. If they can keep up the same pace, it's only another 52 hours or so between Sunday afternoon's spreading event, and the Tuesday 6pm lockdown.

If we keep this pace, 52 hours after today's 6 which were known at about 11am today, gets us to roughly 3pm Friday. Absolutely no reason we can't have this wrapped up by 6pm on Tuesday.
by Trader
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opening Round - 2023

Watching live, I said "that's 4 weeks" when i saw the hit. I am not worried about Shane getting 3. Its Pickett getting 2 and Buddy getting 1 is the concern.
by MW
Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |