Search found 36 matches

Return

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Cheers eastern park for the hit out last night,before the lights went out in the second quarter of the Agrade.sorry about that I'll make sure the power bill is paid before hand lol. On a serious note,thanks fella's all the best for the season.looks like eastern park will be around the Mark again.great bunch of blokes.
by coman
Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
coman wrote:the lights went out in the second quarter of the Agrade.

Dirty tactics to avoid losing? :D
I'll take a draw any day or on that night. :D
by coman
Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

You gotta fill for O'Conner and the pooraka players,how many games have they lost under 10 points to good quality and are sitting second to bottom.
by coman
Mon May 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

It's good to see our neighbor's across Yorktown rd sitting pretty on the table.
by coman
Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

I'm all for the CDFA comp to reunite, then we could introduce a couple of new yearly awards,like who's got the best tatt,the mouthy supporter award,and the shittiest Bgrade umpire trophy,or we can throw in best mullet.
by coman
Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lockleys way to good for my boys today in the reserves, much respect to lockleys B's you's are a hard well coached side that we're way better on the day,
All the best for next week," not there A's of course "Nah all the best too,we shall meet again.. also it was killer to meet you Footy chick and all the best for your under 18's tomorrow.
by coman
Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Demon Juke wrote:
Doghouse13 wrote:Anyone know why Ashby hasn't been playing for Smithfield of late??

Was involved in car crash a few weeks back and not sure of the outcome. Maybe someone from Smithfield can update you.

Ashby was available for selection this week, but we thought we needed a extra tall To match lockleys.
by coman
Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to martinello,he was clearly the best man to take home the medal in our division. All the best lockleys reserves, how good would it be to win from 4th position.also top effort from Mick lane from Smitty to come in equal 3rd for the medal.
by coman
Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

OnSong wrote:18 I reckon you mean. Nathan Studham. His brother Josh was 31 who kicked a few but Nathan was tearing it up. Kicked 5

Yeah it was actually,his probably a bit unlucky not to take out best on ground.
by coman
Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

magpieeagle wrote:
scan0012.jpg

That's great that Hermy is back on the coaching scene,great bloke,top coach who I was lucky and privileged to play under at hamley bridges 2004 premiership.
by coman
Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Don't no you JK but take care and keep strong for your mates family, so sad mate i fill your pain.
by coman
Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When your missers beats you in a 1 lap time trial at the snake pit,a rematch is already scheduled for next week.I could of put this up in the Things I rate thread but it was a mix feeling situation.
by coman
Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

The word on the street is that a few x Smithfield boys are home sick already..
by coman
Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 wrote:relax mate i am just having a bit of fun never hurt anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can have fun without disrespecting the club mate.
by coman
Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:No point being sheepish coman, out with it.

Sorry morell I can't remember, there's to much smoke in the air down hear in the north.
by coman
Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

relax mate i am just having a bit of fun never hurt anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can have fun without disrespecting the club mate.

disrespecting the club??get a life will you i said they were scrubbers and won't win the flag..and you are from Smithfield lol :lol: :lol:
I would be glad to pop down your local and have a beer with you mate.
by coman
Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:
coman wrote:
morell wrote:No point being sheepish coman, out with it.

Sorry morell I can't remember, there's to much smoke in the air down hear in the north.

Don't you mean "Up" here in the north??

Yeah good on ya for pointing that out mate.
by coman
Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:How are parolee's allowed "numerous" positive drug tests before being sent back??

Gaol's are too full.

Often thought they should turn the Holden plant into a new gaol it ease the load.

Also wife's and kids wouldn't have far to walk for visits.
by coman
Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can we please get this forum back on track & find out when coman is catching up with the flying dutchman for a beer. :D

Yes please
I've just realised i don't have any coin since I dont have a life,and that I'm from Smithfield.hahaha, nah seriously if someone wont's to have a crack at me or my club, your better of to PM me and leave your details and I'll get straight back to you.instead of bridging up on the forum and getting yourself banned.
It was a good laugh though,I got to admit that. 8)
by coman
Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People that don't pay bills on time.
by coman
Wed May 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Word from the Smithfield camp is that they are going to let him go with no hassles and he should be all good to play this week! I'm sure plenty of other clubs would have held off and made him wait a week before clearing him but i take my hat off to Smithfield and to their coach for doing the right thing!
Just makes the game more interesting, plus I gave one of my boys the job on garner last Saturday night so I don't won't to disappoint that player,all so there's no need to be spiteful just because Eastern park could come to party to sign him.
by coman
Wed May 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Ill welcome my self back to the div 5 thread after the short back packing tour in div 4.
Im looking forward to the bedge's weekly wrap ups,also the odd chat with zedman,and to be able to catch up with the footy chick frew out the year.
Any movements as yet anyone? Smithy boys are already on the track excited for 2018.
by coman
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

This lovely nurse who is looking after my mum in the strokes unit at the LM,she is also from the hope Valley football club.
Doctors and nurses are totally under notice for what they do,
(god bless them all)
by coman
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAWFL 2018

Our ladies are haven there first ever hit out this sunday vs eastern park..
by coman
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
coman wrote:
The Bedge wrote:When’s Ashby & Cook due back?

Ashby this week and cooky should be by round 5-6.

It’s a long season, maybe give Ashby another week off 8)

I reckon he might have to come threw the ressies first this week.lol
by coman
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

I played at Elizabeth North in 83 and 84 at Dauntsey Oval, is still carried on a few year later I believe.
The Rowland Bros, Brett and Ken Ainsbury, Peter Cordes, Stephan Lind are afew of the players I remember. Hodges was the coach I think at the time.
This was still in the CDFA.
I reckon they folded just after that,they tryed merging with Blakeview and were going to be called rosewood crows,that soon went pair shaped so eliz-north folded.
Kym hodges was the last coach i belive,i was the water boy for years out there,i remember a bloke named neil Oxford,gee he was a big crazy man.
by coman
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The cave rescue in Thailand

Dr Richard Harris,what a true hero.
by coman
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Smithfield Eastern Park Webber, Scott Approved 2017-11-02 2018-04-05
Eastern Park Smithfield Webber, Scott Approved 2018-04-06 2018-04-06
Smithfield Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Webber, Scott Approved 2018-05-30 2018-06-04
Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Central United Webber, Scott Denied 2018-07-07 2018-07-10

Channeling his inner Marc Cox
Yeah wow,talk about a headache for football clubs,coachs that have invested or used points for his services,hopefully he can stay committed to the units for the remainder of the season,to be honest i dont really care if he dosent it will be just another one that bites the dust in his eyes,and a new club shirt to the collection.
by coman
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just like to mention as the head coach of the Smithfield football club, i couldn't be more happier with my squad the way they have pulled together after a rough start to the season with the departures and injuries.
Adam varco
Matty stewart
Ben towel
Scott Webber
Swede hanaman
Rob Abdullah
Also chris strange before round 1.
That's a fair list there but all the remaining players stuck together and stood up and are improving each week as they get more game time together.
Also i am very impressed with our on field and off field dissapline as we are getting good feed back from the umpires committee and our oppositions,we will keep chipping away to earn a gain respect from our opposition club's and umpire's.
by coman
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Absolutely disgusting,filthy barstard deserve's every game he get's,and you that reckon there's nothing much in the knee to the face you must be smoking good shit.
by coman
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just on a personal note, it's been a great 5 year's as a assistant then head coach at the Smithfield f.c,i definitely had some great times as my journey started in div 7 to 6,5,4 back to 5.
It was very challenging but very rewarding as well,i have ment some great people along the lines from other football clubs,also gained respect to some hopefully majority of our opponent's,as that was one of my goals taking on the role.
Basically my mindset was to help tidy up the s.f.c ,as we all know the history and bad name that hang over the club,getting good feed back from the ceo and umpires director was very satisfying for my self and i no it did to all involved at s.f.c.
I truly believe there has been a massive turn around down there and im very confident it will continue on for many years to come hopefully for ever, as there is no room in our game for supporters being feral and abusive or just general on field nonsense as we have witness this year.
Im stepping down as head coach,as the club needs fresh blood to help build on top of the current playing group,also so i can explore higher divisions and different leagues to better my self as a future coach.
Cheers..
by coman
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smithfield's new coach-ALAN JONES.
by coman
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

I can't see Smithfield finishing bottom 5 with the big signings im hearing about,but it is only silly season though.
by coman
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

My first post since all of the pre-season hype surrounding Smithfield.

We are absolutely disappointed about not playing finals as we expected to with the list that we have, we did challenge the top sides at times but we clearly underestimated the fitness level required to be a contender in div 5 as we seemed to get ran over towards the end.

So it's back to the drawing board for us, we'll keep striving for success, we have been lucky to have the presence of Steve O'Connor around the club for the past 6 weeks, we are hoping that Occa plans to stick around as he'll be very helpful in our plans to move the club forward.

In saying that, Alan Jones has done a tremendous job as senior coach and will be sticking around next season, he is very well respected amongst the playing group and supporters, he is also the CEO of Raw Recruitment and has employed over 30 players and supporters of the club which is very helpful for our football community.

Another positive is a 15 year old debutant on the weekend who managed 2.2, he is Adam Varcoe's step-son and nephew of Mick Ashby so he has some great football brains around him, he also represents SA in basketball so either way he has a very bright future.

My view on the race to the premiership is that Pulteney will get up, Kenilworth have the standout list and any of the other 3 finalists could get the job done on any given day, it's going to be a very interesting last round to decide 4th and 5th and who has the home final.

In the ressie's I think Salisbury are the clear favourites but Lockleys would be my smokey.
by coman
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Had to laugh at the drink choices on Saturday at Richmond Oval even though it took me a couple of cans to work it out.

The small super dry cans were $7.

West End cans were $8.

Beam cans and CC & Dry cans were also $8 and standard size.
So you had a exciting day out there lightning McQueen,I foolishly traveled to the div 4 GF as it wasn't too exciting to watch at all.

Yeah mate, Don's lad was playing in the B's so a few of us went for a look.

Yeah, I would've preferred to see the Valley's get up, well done to Walkerville though to turn the tables after dropping off for the past few years.
What a superb effort by the super coach zedman,well deserved.
by coman
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

The great zedman would be sitting in is new slick office planning for next season.8)
I picture him in a high rise office overlooking the city, big shivel chair, feet up on the desk smoking a Cuban cigar chuckling away to himself.

I picture him waking up this morning and being as nice as pie to the better half working out a way to break the news that he has to go out again today but he will be behaved and it will be the last day of it.
Then his got presentation night,his go no chance getting a pass out for the footy trip. :lol:
by coman
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |